PDA

View Full Version : Why do Intelligent People often Think, Speak, and Behave Unintelligently?

saurabhjaglan
November 18th, 2011, 12:07 PM
One need not look far to find breathtaking acts of stupidity committed by people who are clever, or even brilliant.
The behaviour of clever individuals - from presidents to prosecutors to professors - is at times so amazingly stupid as to seem inexplicable.

Why do otherwise intelligent people think and behave in ways so stupid that they sometimes destroy their livelihoods or even their lives?

I just want an investigation of psychological research to see what it can tell us about stupidity in everyday life.

I have seen many Books,Large debates over this issue but i am still very inquisitive about this.

Again,I Think JL will help us out in this Discussion.

Thanks,
Jaglan !

rakeshsehrawat
November 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
First of all " nobody can master everything"
if a person may behave/speak stupitdly if he doesn't have grip of the subject matter as you do.
He maybe master of the subject and you don't know about that subject so you may feel him uninteligent.
He may be a great researcher or visionary and a step ahead of your present knowledge.

Airtel CEO said that his compitition is with google and facebook now you may take him as fool but when he explains you may know that how narrow thinking you have.

saurabhjaglan
November 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Superlyk...

Very nice said.

First of all " nobody can master everything"
if a person may behave/speak stupitdly if he doesn't have grip of the subject matter as you do.
He maybe master of the subject and you don't know about that subject so you may feel him uninteligent.
He may be a great researcher or visionary and a step ahead of your present knowledge.

Airtel CEO said that his compitition is with google and facebook now you may take him as fool but when he explains you may know that how narrow thinking you have.