PDA

View Full Version : Is CoEducation upto (high school) better than all girls/boys school education?

urmiladuhan
November 29th, 2011, 07:10 PM
please share your views.

Dagar25
November 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM
congrats urmila Ji.......This thread would be pulled unnecessarily...ok........i would not share my views.

Moar
November 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Is CoEducation upto (high school) better than all girls/boys school education?
please share your views.

Well, to begin with, I will suggest that the opposite should be practiced; first, it should be ALL Boyz/ ALL Girls!

After 03:00 a.m. tonight, I may not be able to sign in for a couple of weeks, and I will join the discussion later-on.

Arvindc
November 29th, 2011, 09:39 PM
In peace time, co-education is much better. In times of war, there are better opportunities for which to keep the adrenaline reserved.

deshi-jat
November 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Co-Ed is good throughout

please share your views.

ygulia
November 29th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Co-education is always good

1. The first advantage is that if boys and girls are taught together, there will not be any need for opening separate schools for boys and girls. Co-education is an economical system.

2. Boys and girls have to live together in the society in their later lives and if they are taught together from the very beginning, they can understand each other well. Girls will not feel shy in the presence of boys..

3. If they are taught together, it will create a sense of healthy competition among them. In this manner, they will work hard and pay attention to their studies. A feeling of comradeship will develop between boys and girls. Boys will not indulge in eve-teasing and the girls will not be scared of boys. Thus they will have a balanced development of their personality.

3. It is also a common experience that boys behave decently in the company of girls. They do not use rough and abusive language in the presence of girls. Similarly, girls will also lose their fear of boys if they are taught with them. On the other hand if boys and girls are taught in separate schools, boys always have a curiosity to know girls. But when they study together, their curiosity is satisfied and they do not consider girls as strange creatures.

There is endless list of advantages, members may like to add.

vijay
November 30th, 2011, 12:03 AM
please share your views.

Yes ..... It is.

urmiladuhan
November 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Co-education is always good

1. The first advantage is that if boys and girls are taught together, there will not be any need for opening separate schools for boys and girls. Co-education is an economical system.

2. Boys and girls have to live together in the society in their later lives and if they are taught together from the very beginning, they can understand each other well. Girls will not feel shy in the presence of boys..

3. If they are taught together, it will create a sense of healthy competition among them. In this manner, they will work hard and pay attention to their studies. A feeling of comradeship will develop between boys and girls. Boys will not indulge in eve-teasing and the girls will not be scared of boys. Thus they will have a balanced development of their personality.

3. It is also a common experience that boys behave decently in the company of girls. They do not use rough and abusive language in the presence of girls. Similarly, girls will also lose their fear of boys if they are taught with them. On the other hand if boys and girls are taught in separate schools, boys always have a curiosity to know girls. But when they study together, their curiosity is satisfied and they do not consider girls as strange creatures.

There is endless list of advantages, members may like to add.

I think CoEd is good only if the number of girls in a class is atleast same as the number of boys. If the number of girls is less (personal experience) it is LOT of trouble for the girl, especially if she is outgoing type.

I did not experience any very BIG advantage in attending all girls school.

htomar
November 30th, 2011, 01:04 PM
If the number of girls is less (personal experience) it is LOT of trouble for the girl

for the boys too..

urmiladuhan
November 30th, 2011, 01:12 PM
for the boys too..

which means, our society is not ready for CoEducation in the real sense. Even in Coeducational setting girls and boys are discouraged from socializing with each other.

htomar
November 30th, 2011, 01:17 PM
socializing ka to pta nahi urmila ji.
meri class mai 6 girls thi and 42 boys.. roj joot-m-patri rah thi ladko ki aapas mai..
aur ladkiyo ko mja aawe tha.

which means, our society is not ready for CoEducation in the real sense. Even in Coeducational setting girls and boys are discouraged from socializing with each other.

urmiladuhan
November 30th, 2011, 01:27 PM
socializing ka to pta nahi urmila ji.
meri class mai 6 girls thi and 42 boys.. roj joot-m-patri rah thi ladko ki aapas mai..
aur ladkiyo ko mja aawe tha.

You mean over girls? ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

I think socialization between members of opposite sex in Indian social system (and specifically among Jats) is not encouraged. That is why I sometimes wonder what people of this online community think of women like me who actively participate on this social site and interact freely with boys/men.
Even if one sees the Joint Family system, a married woman usually is allowed to talk freely to her husband and maybe to an extent to her devar (who is junior to her husband) - otherwise, she interacts only with women - even though other men are there in her married family. What is the point of CoEducation for a girl/boy coming from this type of social system ? I think it would only cause confusion in the minds of the youngesters plus given that media promotes social interaction among people of opposite sex.

ssgoyat
November 30th, 2011, 01:35 PM
If the number of girls is less (personal experience) it is LOT of trouble for the girl, especially if she is outgoing type.

Naah

ऐसी परिस्थिति का तो लड़कियां बल्कि ही फायदा उठती हैं ... अंग्रेजो की फूट डालो और शाशन करो की निति आजमाकर .. आपस में बालकों को भिड्वा देती हैं... क्लास में ते ३-४ पप्पू टाइप छोरे पकड़ के अपना काम likadwati रहती हैं

और ऐसी छोरियां धीरे धीरे स्वादु बन जाती हैं... हा हा हा

Prikshit
November 30th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I will say Co-ed education is better, reason being it gives a platform where both sex interact and develop a sense of respect to eachother. Whereas is boys/girls education there is always a hype created over opposite sex. Girls playing over boys or vice-versa is not an concern over here.

urmiladuhan
November 30th, 2011, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Prikshit;288855 Whereas is boys/girls education there is always a hype created over opposite sex. QUOTE]

In my school (all girls convent), there was hardly any discussion about boys as there were no common boys around! But I do think that socialization between them must be encouraged in schools and parents must be supportive of this idea too - only then, CoEducation will be able to serve its real purpose.

DrRajpalSingh
December 19th, 2011, 11:39 PM
There is no harm in co-education and the taboo talk about spoiling of girls in the company of boys in their school or even college has no rational foundation. We must remember that even without going to schools, many boys and girls tend to be led astray. Then whom to blame for it co-education or no education.