PDA

View Full Version : Advani better HM than PC, BJP better tackling terrorism: Survey

sjakhars
December 1st, 2011, 12:35 AM
The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) has been more effective than the Congress in tackling terror in the country, a survey carried out by ORG for TV Today Network has found. The survey, conducted from during November 21 to 23, also L.K. Advani as the India's most effective home minister in the last 10 years, putting him way ahead of the nearest rival, P. Chidambaram. While 38 per cent people voted in favour of Advani nationally, Chidambaram was favoured by just 25 per cent respondents.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/tv-today-org-2001-survey-india-best-home-minister/1/161588.html

Do you agree?

deshi-jat
December 1st, 2011, 12:49 AM
Chidu seems one of worst HM India ever had

The Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) has been more effective than the Congress in tackling terror in the country, a survey carried out by ORG for TV Today Network has found. The survey, conducted from during November 21 to 23, also L.K. Advani as the India's most effective home minister in the last 10 years, putting him way ahead of the nearest rival, P. Chidambaram. While 38 per cent people voted in favour of Advani nationally, Chidambaram was favoured by just 25 per cent respondents.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/tv-today-org-2001-survey-india-best-home-minister/1/161588.html

Do you agree?

Prikshit
December 1st, 2011, 09:31 AM
Tough I am not a follower of BJP or Advani, but yeah their governance was much much better than of present govt.

catomar
December 1st, 2011, 09:17 PM
Current government is more biased towards hiding its short comings than making better governance.

kapdal
December 2nd, 2011, 02:24 AM
I think the reason the poll says this is because:

1. Public memory is short. They don't remember older things as well they remember recent things. So Kandahar, Parliament attack, Advani's list to Pak and various attacks at that time have faded while things like Mumbai attack are fresh.

2. Read this from the link: " The poll covered 250 respondents each in the five cities -- Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Jaipur -- most affected by terrorism." Very small sample. All urban areas and from North and West that are BJP's strongholds. Results could change had they included rural areas or cities like Calcutta, Hyderabad, Chennai, etc.

In my opinion, who is the home minister makes no difference to terrorism that can only be curtailed by effective policing. Police is a state subject. Our police's training, their equipment, use of technology, etc. is abysmal. Man to man, I think Chidambram is more effective and intelligent than Advani. He had an excellent police reform proposal a couple of years ago. But nothing has been implemented. He has no achievement to show on the ground. Politically, he is in a party that symbolises inaction. So, if we see the results, it is a choice between bad and worse.