PDA

View Full Version : Why our community is breaking from super joint families to nuclear to single member ?

jksangwan
March 5th, 2012, 09:19 PM
This question came in my mind while replying to Mr. Prikshits' post in' jat unity' thread. I think this question should be further discussed-what are possible causes for this turning of Super joint families to Joint to Nuclear familes and further to legally separted singles-Why is this happening to our community and for that matter to whole of Indian society ?

I invite esteemed views of our community members on this topic.

akshaymalik84
March 5th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Male impotency(Not sexually)

Women empowerment.(which women/people think is empowerment)

Media

vikda
March 6th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joint family is anyway not easily possible now a days, even if somebody wants because of the fact that brothers work at different locations to earn their livelihood and sometimes parents do not agree to leave their hometown to go to any of those locations permanently, they just prefer to spend time intermittently with their sons. When there is only one son, chances of parents living with that son are very high unless son is working abroad.

This question came in my mind while replying to Mr. Prikshits' post in' jat unity' thread. I think this question should be further discussed-what are possible causes for this turning of Super joint families to Joint to Nuclear familes and further to legally separted singles-Why is this happening to our community and for that matter to whole of Indian society ?

ravinderjeet
March 6th, 2012, 05:43 PM
सांगवान जी ,घर कती छोट्टे-छोटे होगे | पहलम घेर,गीतवाड़ अर लुगाइयां, बालकां ,मरद- माणसआँ का न्यारा कमठाणा होया करदा | बड्डे -बड्डे बगड़ होया करदे , अर सारे कट्ठे रह लिया करदे ,कट्ठे खेती करदे ,इब्ब भला दो कमरयाँ की घरघुल्ली बनावें सें उह में बड्डा कुणबा क्यूकर रहवेगा ?छोटा परिवार- सुखी परिवार | आपणी-आपणी डफली ,आपणा-आपणा राग |

rakeshsehrawat
March 6th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Favicol bhi nakli aan lag liya na to use ka jod la dete.

Log kamjori mein saath rehte hain. Loga ke gujare ho gaye ar doosre ib bojh lagan lag liye. Pehle control bujurgo ke hath mein tha ab saare Chaudhry ho rahe hain. Jiska mada sa byont ho jya wo keh hai Shehar mein kothi banaunga. Biyah tein pehlam e yu sawal ho hai beta naukri kare hai aage ke karega? balka ne gaam mein rakhega ak gelya? Chori bhi nyu keh hai "Is dhadele ke tikkad na pathe ja mere pe" Time badlaw ka hai keh ke aaj kuch bhi kar lo kaun rokta hai. Samaj, bade bujurg ki sharam nahi rahi.

Fateh
March 7th, 2012, 01:43 PM
It is basically due to western calture, we have forgotten all our good traditions/sanskars, secondly, due to changed ecconomic conditions, changed social norms, thirdly, due to lack of real education/understanding/spiritual education/discontenment/access desire & selfishness/lack of tolrence/lack of cooperative and sacrificing nature. Ofcorse, due to reduction in land holding and more number of people getting educated, they have to perforce go for jobs/business may be at seperate places, thus they have to stay seperately. But that doesnot mean that we cannot maitain our joint family system, joint family system is still useful and possible, Not for self praise but for example, my father expired in 88, I have a younger brother, we stay at different places but till we have not divided our property at home, ration card is one, eat at one place and lookafter our social obligations together due to little bit understanding, cooperation, tolrence, transparent dealings and sacrifice.

Prikshit
March 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM

Well the answer to your question is quite simple. Super joint families had only one head or Chaudhry at that time. Now a days all are Chaudhries. So they prefer not to get into conflict so they split off.

mpaweria
March 11th, 2012, 09:01 PM
From my point of view when we were living in joint family our fore father were having thinking, nature and attitude were of Donar But now our thinking is slowly-2 converting into begger and we are thinking only for ourself. And with such attitude it is very difficult to live in joint family. First we need to develop giver attitude than only will able to reside in Joint family.

JSRana
March 12th, 2012, 02:05 PM
From my point of view when we were living in joint family our fore father were having thinking, nature and attitude were of Donar But now our thinking is slowly-2 converting into begger and we are thinking only for ourself. And with such attitude it is very difficult to live in joint family. First we need to develop giver attitude than only will able to reside in Joint family.

Dear Manoj you are very right.The worst outcome of prosperity & urbanization is development of self centered attitude where no one wants to share anything even with first blood relatives. Actually we are misguided & confused with our values & priorities. If you permit I would like to share following story here :

A Professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

So the Professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The Professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous "yes."

The Professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the space between the grains of sand.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things--your family, your children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions - things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else -the small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18.

There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal. "Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The Professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend."

With best regards
JS