PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2012: Your pick?

swaich
June 18th, 2012, 01:40 AM
So who's following the best of Europe battling it out in Poland and Ukraine?

I personally support Spain for their fantastic style of play. They are the popular favorites but Germany are much closer to Spain this time than they were in the WC and the last Euro.

georgian
June 18th, 2012, 04:00 AM
I would love Portugal to win, have put substantial money on them to win!!! were paying almost 15:1 to start with

DrRajpalSingh
June 18th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I would love Portugal to win, have put substantial money on them to win!!! were paying almost 15:1 to start with

Yeh to wahi baat ho Gai, Hey Bhagwan Himalaya Ko Khari Bengal mein daal do; Main pass ho jaonga aur aapko Prasad chadaunga!

Baat yah thee ki us se Prikshya mein jab puchha gaya ki Himalaya pravat kahan hai, to usne galti se kah diya: Khari Bengal mein!!

malikdeepak1
June 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Germany or Spain looks the best bet at the moment.

akshaymalik84
June 18th, 2012, 12:24 PM
It seems Spain and Germany will face each other in Semi final. While Portugal has good change to reach final. They are expected to beat Czech in QF and then either France/Italy/England in Semis. But if England can do a "Chelsea" against Spain,who knows this might be a English summer.

swaich
June 18th, 2012, 12:49 PM
It seems Spain and Germany will face each other in Semi final. While Portugal has good change to reach final. They are expected to beat Czech in QF and then either France/Italy/England in Semis. But if England can do a "Chelsea" against Spain,who knows this might be a English summer.

Yes, looks like Spain vs Germany which should be a Final would be played out in the semifinal itself. And I agree Portugal have a good chance of reaching the final.

Regarding England, I doubt if they can repeat what Chelsea did a) They do not have the same players as Chelsea or the coach who was able to get that performance out of his team. b) Whereas its almost the same Barca squad in Spain but now with Real madrid players adding to the talent.

prashantacmet
June 18th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Dutchs are thrown out! have great players robben, sneijder, van persie, vander waart..but fail to play as a team..defense was also weak.

prashantacmet
June 18th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I guess Germany will joy the final day..young and enthusiastic players..ozil, muller, gomez, podolski, shweinsteiger..!!.. Though we can not underestimate Spain and Portugal, specially Spain..though spain does not look like the last world cup winning team but it's great to see them playing on fields..iniesta and xavi always doing the magic in midfield..

swaich
June 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I guess Germany will joy the final day..young and enthusiastic players..ozil, muller, gomez, podolski, shweinsteiger..!!.. Though we can not underestimate Spain and Portugal, specially Spain..though spain does not look like the last world cup winning team but it's great to see them playing on fields..iniesta and xavi always doing the magic in midfield..

I think Spain still hold an edge over Germany. Their core is still the same as Euro 08 and WC 10. Only Puyol and Villa are missing. Plus as they are twice winners, they know how to soak in the pressure and perform. But then again, Germany may have that extra hunger just because Spain have stopped them everytime.

Moar
June 18th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I remember the chemistry between Zinedine Zidane and Thierry Henry . . . . :)
The Legacy !!

VPannu
June 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I remember the chemistry between Zinedine Zidane and Thierry Henry . . . . :)
The Legacy !!Really ?? I think Henry played better for Arsenal than for France.

Moar
June 19th, 2012, 03:40 PM
_ really _

swaich
June 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
So anybody following the quarterfinals? I think Germany surprised everyone by fielding 3 different players and still winning comfortably. Their bench strength is amazing. And the Spain vs. Portugal clash is mouth-watering.

Next up is England vs. Italy. I like Italy since they are a more technical team. But England have come back to form very well.

anuragsunda
June 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Spain is all time favorite -their team game, short passes and 1-2-1 game is fantastic. Germany play much faster with long passes and their header are always dangerous for Goalkeepers.
Its hard for Portugies to turn around Spainish in semis... but really await for a good fight in next four coming matches...