PDA

View Full Version : Thanks after 20 years

HawaSinghSangwan
June 25th, 2012, 05:25 PM
It is a little amazing and unbelievable story. I had joined the CRPF in 1969 as a direct Head Constable and appeared for open competition test of direct Sub Inspector in CRPF itself during 1970. I stood second on the merit and I was lone candidate selected from CRPF. Since I was departmental candidate hence my range DIG at Pune had to issue my appointment order. But my selection papers had never reached to Pune from Hyderabad, with the results, I had kept on representing from DIG to DG continuously for above 16 years. During this period, I had been promoted as a DY. SP at my own turn on merit basis and later on posted in Punjab in 1986 but the injustice had never allowed me to be keep quiet and I had determined to knock the door of Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh. There, I had met to 2-3 lawyers to pursue my case but I could not convince them. One young lawyer(name forgotten) took me to the court library where he introduced me to an another lawyer seemed smart and intelligent who took hardly five minutes to understand my case and he asked me to give him CRPF Act and Rules which I have handed over to him. When I asked him for his fee, he had gently replied “You people are already paying for the peace of country. Therefore, no need to pay more.” My signatures were taken on the Power of Attorney and I have left Chandigarh and I have never met him again. During this period, I was promoted as a Dy. Commandant and posted out of Punjab. During May1992, I came to know through ‘The Tribune’ that the then Hon’ble Justice Jawahar Lal Gupta had pronounced the judgement on my case ordering to quash the gradation list of Dy. Sps of CRPF and to pay all my due arrears with 12 % interest. Subsequently, my seniority was fixed and 128 Dy. Commandants were superseded and Rs. one lac and six thousand were paid to me on account of difference of salaries with interest. It was first case of its kind in the history of CRPF.
I wanted to convey my gratitude immediately to my noble lawyer but I was not having his Tel. No. or his Chamber No. or his residential address except his name Mr. M.M.Kumar. Then I thought I should convey my thanks personally later on with sweets but the circumstances have never allowed me to do so due to my posting in North-East such as Mizoram, Assam and Manipur etc. However, in the light of the Court Judgement and my dedication to my duty, I have been promoted Second-in-Command and Commandant accordingly.
After my retirement, I have been engaged seriously with Jat Reservation Movement and holding its command. During this period, I came to know again through ‘The Tribune’ that Mr. M.M. Kumar is an Hon’ble Justice of the same High Court. Since some cases related to the Jat agitation are pending in the same court, hence my conscious did not allow me to meet him at this juncture during my two visits to Chandigarh.
During May, 2012 Hon’ble Justice M.M.Kumar elevated as Chief Justice of High Court J&K. I have kept on waiting for his joining and as soon as he took oath of the Hon’ble post at Srinagar on dated 8th June, 2012, I immediately sent my due thanks by speed post after 20 years to pacify myself. I think it is a rare case in the history of Indian Judiciary that a client met his lawyer for about five minutes, paid no fee during six years of the hearings, despite economically capable, won the case, never talked and never met his lawyer and above all paid no thanks for 20 years. Thus we can say, that is why, Indian Judiciary is standing on its feet firmly.
-Hawa Singh Sangwan,
Ex-Commandant, CRPF.
Mob. No. 94165-56145

sanjeev1984
June 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Badhai ho Sangwan Sir.

It is a little amazing and unbelievable story. I had joined the CRPF in 1969 as a direct Head Constable and appeared for open competition test of direct Sub Inspector in CRPF itself during 1970. I stood second on the merit and I was lone candidate selected from CRPF. Since I was departmental candidate hence my range DIG at Pune had to issue my appointment order. But my selection papers had never reached to Pune from Hyderabad, with the results, I had kept on representing from DIG to DG continuously for above 16 years. During this period, I had been promoted as a DY. SP at my own turn on merit basis and later on posted in Punjab in 1986 but the injustice had never allowed me to be keep quiet and I had determined to knock the door of Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh. There, I had met to 2-3 lawyers to pursue my case but I could not convince them. One young lawyer(name forgotten) took me to the court library where he introduced me to an another lawyer seemed smart and intelligent who took hardly five minutes to understand my case and he asked me to give him CRPF Act and Rules which I have handed over to him. When I asked him for his fee, he had gently replied “You people are already paying for the peace of country. Therefore, no need to pay more.” My signatures were taken on the Power of Attorney and I have left Chandigarh and I have never met him again. During this period, I was promoted as a Dy. Commandant and posted out of Punjab. During May1992, I came to know through ‘The Tribune’ that the then Hon’ble Justice Jawahar Lal Gupta had pronounced the judgement on my case ordering to quash the gradation list of Dy. Sps of CRPF and to pay all my due arrears with 12 % interest. Subsequently, my seniority was fixed and 128 Dy. Commandants were superseded and Rs. one lac and six thousand were paid to me on account of difference of salaries with interest. It was first case of its kind in the history of CRPF.
I wanted to convey my gratitude immediately to my noble lawyer but I was not having his Tel. No. or his Chamber No. or his residential address except his name Mr. M.M.Kumar. Then I thought I should convey my thanks personally later on with sweets but the circumstances have never allowed me to do so due to my posting in North-East such as Mizoram, Assam and Manipur etc. However, in the light of the Court Judgement and my dedication to my duty, I have been promoted Second-in-Command and Commandant accordingly.
After my retirement, I have been engaged seriously with Jat Reservation Movement and holding its command. During this period, I came to know again through ‘The Tribune’ that Mr. M.M. Kumar is an Hon’ble Justice of the same High Court. Since some cases related to the Jat agitation are pending in the same court, hence my conscious did not allow me to meet him at this juncture during my two visits to Chandigarh.
During May, 2012 Hon’ble Justice M.M.Kumar elevated as Chief Justice of High Court J&K. I have kept on waiting for his joining and as soon as he took oath of the Hon’ble post at Srinagar on dated 8th June, 2012, I immediately sent my due thanks by speed post after 20 years to pacify myself. I think it is a rare case in the history of Indian Judiciary that a client met his lawyer for about five minutes, paid no fee during six years of the hearings, despite economically capable, won the case, never talked and never met his lawyer and above all paid no thanks for 20 years. Thus we can say, that is why, Indian Judiciary is standing on its feet firmly.
-Hawa Singh Sangwan,
Ex-Commandant, CRPF.
Mob. No. 94165-56145

narvir
June 25th, 2012, 06:57 PM
It is Amazing.
That is the greatness of our country.
Our country is inhabited by all manner.................

Congrats Sir.

anilsangwan
June 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Really inspiring sir . Such incidents give us strength to fight for our rights. Also, a great gesture by Mr Kumar and you as well, who didnt forget his help ! Such things make people great !!

swaich
June 26th, 2012, 12:26 PM
You and the lawyer (now judge) deserve kudos for your perseverance. Incidents like these tell us that honesty and sense of justice isn't lost in this world.

DrRajpalSingh
July 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
-Hawa Singh Sangwan,
Ex-Commandant, CRPF.
Mob. No. 94165-56145

Adarniy Chaudhary Sahib,

Aap Jaise jujharoo aur hon'ble Justice M M Kumar jaise mahan purushon ke karan hee Bharat Duniya bhar mein aapna bhaal uncha rakhe huye hai. Congratulations and best wishes for long healthy and meaningful life in the service of the people who see towards you as their benefactor! Thanks.

DrRajpalSingh
July 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM
-Hawa Singh Sangwan,
Ex-Commandant, CRPF.
Mob. No. 94165-56145

Adarniy Chaudhary Sahib,

Aap ka Jeewan bahut si prerana dayak ghatanon se bharpur raha hai isliya aap se anurodh hai kee kabhi kabhar is prakar ke kise JatLanders se sajhe karake protasahit karate rahein.

Thanks.

Moar
July 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hats-off to Mr. M. M. Kumar for what He said & did !!

DrRajpalSingh
July 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Hats-off to Mr. M. M. Kumar for what He said & did !!

Persistence and preservation of the Commandant and constant fight by the Lawyer [M.M. Kumar, who rose to be Mr. Justice] worth emulation and though justice delayed yet justice done will further cement our belief in the Indian Judiciary!

RavinderSura
August 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/284934_264122340371811_1725507809_n.jpg