PDA

View Full Version : How to get concession in Railway Reservations

anuragsunda
June 28th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Dear all,

Indian railway provide concession in Tkt reservation for SL and 2nd class:

1. Indian Railway gives concession for UPSC/State board exam/interview travel etc.
2. Students travelling for field work etc.
3. Research scholar travelling for research work etc.

The complete detail about concession is available on Railway site http://www.indianrail.gov.in/

but it is not clear to me that..................

if we book e-tkt then........... which form we have to fill and where to submit?
From where one can get money refund--since in online booking there is no concession criteria option is provided.

It will be great- If if one can provide relevant information.

Thanks,
Anurag

deshi-jat
June 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
In principle, employer or potential employer should pay these expenses. Best person to answer these questions would be railway ministry. Indian administration usually don't care to reply. But there is no harm to write them.

http://cris.org.in/CRIS/Contact/Contact
Centre For Railway Information Systems
(An Organization of the Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India)
Chankya Puri, New Delhi - 110021
Phone :24104525, 24106717
Fax: 26877893
Email: contactus@cris.org.in

Here is directory;http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/view_section.jsp?lang=0&id=0,7,275

Dear all,

1. Indian Railway gives concession for UPSC/State board exam/interview travel etc.

The complete detail about concession is available on Railway site http://www.indianrail.gov.in/

if we book e-tkt then........... which form we have to fill and where to submit?
From where one can get money refund--since in online booking there is no concession criteria option is provided.

Thanks,
Anurag

VPannu
June 29th, 2012, 08:31 AM

Thanks,
Anuragbhai, jitne ka concession devenge uste faaltu ka lahu fook denge dhakke khuva-2 ke. ar shart laa ke kah saku hu je koye teri email ka reply bhi kar de to (auto reply jaroor aa sake hai :suspicion:). inke phone mostly engage aaya karein, jukar duniya me inte faltu busy koye nahi

sanjeev_balyan
June 29th, 2012, 10:13 PM
bhai, jitne ka concession devenge uste faaltu ka lahu fook denge dhakke khuva-2 ke. ar shart laa ke kah saku hu je koye teri email ka reply bhi kar de to (auto reply jaroor aa sake hai :suspicion:). inke phone mostly engage aaya karein, jukar duniya me inte faltu busy koye nahi

ठीक कहा विवेक ,
एक और आफत जुड़ जागी
अर सारा ध्यान इसी पे लग जागा
एग्जाम / इंटरवियू एक ढब जाते रहंगे

DrRajpalSingh
June 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
bhai, jitne ka concession devenge uste faaltu ka lahu fook denge dhakke khuva-2 ke. ar shart laa ke kah saku hu je koye teri email ka reply bhi kar de to (auto reply jaroor aa sake hai :suspicion:). inke phone mostly engage aaya karein, jukar duniya me inte faltu busy koye nahi

You are right friend but to get something some extra effort has to be put ungrudging.

anuragsunda
July 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
In principle, employer or potential employer should pay these expenses. Best person to answer these questions would be railway ministry. Indian administration usually don't care to reply. But there is no harm to write them.

http://cris.org.in/CRIS/Contact/Contact
Centre For Railway Information Systems
(An Organization of the Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India)
Chankya Puri, New Delhi - 110021
Phone :24104525, 24106717
Fax: 26877893
Email: contactus@cris.org.in

Here is directory;http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/view_section.jsp?lang=0&id=0,7,275

Thanks Krishna, for providing useful information. If I also think like others that I am wasting time to figure out this information-than I would not had post this thread on JL. I agree that I have to take some pain to find out it but Its not impossible also.

I wrote to CR GM, till now I didn't get mailer damion failure........Let see if i get some reply. Other wise I will file a RTI on it.

Thanks

DrRajpalSingh
July 1st, 2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks Krishna, for providing useful information. If I also think like others that I am wasting time to figure out this information-than I would not had post this thread on JL. I agree that I have to take some pain to find out it but Its not impossible also.

I wrote to CR GM, till now I didn't get mailer damion failure........Let see if i get some reply. Other wise I will file a RTI on it.

Thanks

Friend,
This is the real test of your patience as you are face to face with the red-tapping. Keep up your spirits and efforts, please.
Thanks

sanjeev_balyan
July 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM

Thanks

Sorry Anurag,
Pl don’t feel that above posts are against you and u r being curtsied or targeted. Updating this info is very good. Govt has provided this facility. So every body should get the benefit.
But , my view is that concern student’s main aim is to get a good job. So atleast students shouldn’t start this cleaning / fighting of this sys. This country is drowned from this type of illness / hurdles. If student gets a job as per his / her dream than everybody, not only u, have to fight to improve this.

keep continue , posting as well as reading

anuragsunda
July 2nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
Sorry Anurag,
Pl don’t feel that above posts are against you and u r being curtsied or targeted. Updating this info is very good. Govt has provided this facility. So every body should get the benefit.
But , my view is that concern student’s main aim is to get a good job. So atleast students shouldn’t start this cleaning / fighting of this sys. This country is drowned from this type of illness / hurdles. If student gets a job as per his / her dream than everybody, not only u, have to fight to improve this.

keep continue , posting as well as reading

Sanjeev Ji,
Please Dont feel guilty or things like that for your comment which was against or targeting me or someone else. We are free to share our ideas, views and experience whether someone like/love it or not. This is also the the way .......we understand people, so we know how they behave and how to overcome from difficulties-since system is governed by people only. We should not destructed by comments on our work-----but definitely we should to listen-may be at certain point it can be useful.......that I generally try to do.

Sanjeev Ji and Rajpal Ji --Thanks for your kind motivation and encouragement.

Thanks

VivekGathwala
July 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Dear all,

Thanks,
Anurag

Bhaaadee nahi hote to rail m chalna jaroori h eb concession chahiyee

Abhisheksangwan
July 6th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Online tickets is only for full fare paying passengers,so you cannot book concession tickets through online booking.

If you want to get concession,go to nearest railway reservation centre,submit valid proof & book ticket.

Abhisheksangwan
July 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Friend
I am sorry,but you have provided wrong information here.
CRIS is an organisation of Railways which develop various softwares for Railways & maintains websites of Railway. It is just like a Public Sector Undertaking which receives grants from ministry of Railways.

Online Reservation Website is maintained by IRCTC which is another organisation of Railways,separate from CRIS.

We cannot avail concession when we book e-ticket. It's only for full paying passengers
For availing concession,we have to submit valid proof at Rail Reservation Counter & book the ticket from booking clerk.

anuragsunda
July 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Dear,

You are right that in online booking, we have to pay full Tkt charge. But Rly provide concession based on certain rules which are provided on the web which I mentioned earlier. On that site, concession form are also available-but not for all the categories or codes, specially for which I am seeking information.

The available form are mainly provided for Patients- which can filled by the passenger and after the chart preparation one can submit it to boarding station reservation cash counter and can get refund amount which come under concession even if you book online Tkt.

My query was not only regarding online Tkt reservation-First it lies which form we have to submit, I checked in many station cash counter; either they are also not aware to give correct and full information or they don't want to reply.

Regards,

Abhisheksangwan
July 6th, 2012, 11:40 PM
You are kindly requested to purchase the Time Table of Railways either Trains at a Glance or the Time Table of particular region like Northern Railways. It will cost around 35 Rupees & available at counters of major Railway Stations.
All the rules & regulations are clearly mentioned in that. Maybe the website of Railways is not updated with the proper rules & regulations.

While booking a Concession ticket you can show the time table to the Booking Clerk so that he may not refuse to book your ticket.
Everyone is aware that officials of Government are not so co-operative.

anuragsunda
July 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
While booking a Concession ticket you can show the time table to the Booking Clerk so that he may not refuse to book your ticket.

I didn't get it.