PDA

View Full Version : Indian boxers and wrestlers in Olympics?

kapdal
July 5th, 2012, 04:24 AM
It would be great if members could share information about which Indian boxers and wrestlers are participating in Olympics and in what weight categories. I had bought tickets for 4 days via the lottery round. I may buy some more if India's chances are good.

Before applying in the lottery round, I had done some quick research. But this was long time back and I am not sure who all qualified. Apart from Sushil Kumar who should be in the 66 kg category. I have got tickets for full day for his event. These are the ones I have right now:
Sunday 12 August 2012
08:30-11:15 Wrestling - Freestyle
Men's Freestyle 66kg Qualifications
Men's Freestyle 96kg Qualifications
Men's Freestyle 66kg 1/8 Finals
Men's Freestyle 96kg 1/8 Finals
Men's Freestyle 66kg Quarterfinals
Men's Freestyle 96kg Quarterfinals
Men's Freestyle 66kg Semifinals
Men's Freestyle 96kg Semifinals

Sunday 12 August 2012
12:45-15:15 Wrestling - Freestyle
Men's Freestyle 66kg Repechage Rounds
Men's Freestyle 96kg Repechage Rounds
Men's Freestyle 66kg Bronze 1
Men's Freestyle 66kg Bronze 2
Men's Freestyle 66kg Gold Medal
Men's Freestyle 66kg Victory Ceremony
Men's Freestyle 96kg Bronze 1
Men's Freestyle 96kg Bronze 2
Men's Freestyle 96kg Gold Medal
Men's Freestyle 96kg Victory Ceremony

Friday 10 August 2012
20:30-23:00
Boxing
Men's Fly Weight (52kg) Semifinals
Men's Light Weight (60kg) Semifinals
Men's Welter Weight (69kg) Semifinals
Men's Light Heavy Weight (81kg) Semifinals
Men's Super Heavy Weight (+91kg) Semifinals

Thursday 02 August 2012
20:30-22:30 Boxing
Men's Light Weight (60kg) Round of 16
Men's Middle Weight (75kg) Round of 16

rsdalal
July 5th, 2012, 09:08 AM
There are many wrestlers practicing for London olympics in Colorado Springs. Colorado, Some names are Sushil Kumar, Yogeshwar Dutt, Rajneesh kumar Dalal(From Asaudha siwan), Narsingh Yadav from bombay, Naveen Rathee , Krishen Kumar and many more. Not sure if all have qualified for olympic or are just part team to help ther others who have qualified.

It would be great if members could share information about which Indian boxers and wrestlers are participating in Olympics and in what weight categories. I had bought tickets for 4 days via the lottery round. I may buy some more if India's chances are good.

Before applying in the lottery round, I had done some quick research. But this was long time back and I am not sure who all qualified. Apart from Sushil Kumar who should be in the 66 kg category. I have got tickets for full day for his event. These are the ones I have right now:
Sunday 12 August 2012
08:30-11:15 Wrestling - Freestyle
Men's Freestyle 66kg Qualifications
Men's Freestyle 96kg Qualifications
Men's Freestyle 66kg 1/8 Finals
Men's Freestyle 96kg 1/8 Finals
Men's Freestyle 66kg Quarterfinals
Men's Freestyle 96kg Quarterfinals
Men's Freestyle 66kg Semifinals
Men's Freestyle 96kg Semifinals

Sunday 12 August 2012
12:45-15:15 Wrestling - Freestyle
Men's Freestyle 66kg Repechage Rounds
Men's Freestyle 96kg Repechage Rounds
Men's Freestyle 66kg Bronze 1
Men's Freestyle 66kg Bronze 2
Men's Freestyle 66kg Gold Medal
Men's Freestyle 66kg Victory Ceremony
Men's Freestyle 96kg Bronze 1
Men's Freestyle 96kg Bronze 2
Men's Freestyle 96kg Gold Medal
Men's Freestyle 96kg Victory Ceremony

Friday 10 August 2012
20:30-23:00
Boxing
Men's Fly Weight (52kg) Semifinals
Men's Light Weight (60kg) Semifinals
Men's Welter Weight (69kg) Semifinals
Men's Light Heavy Weight (81kg) Semifinals
Men's Super Heavy Weight (+91kg) Semifinals

Thursday 02 August 2012
20:30-22:30 Boxing
Men's Light Weight (60kg) Round of 16
Men's Middle Weight (75kg) Round of 16

Saharan1628
July 5th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Ohhh mate..Two of my fav sports and lucky you!!!You will be witnessing all the action.
In both Wrestling and Boxing this is the best ever Indian contingent for Olympics.
12th Aug is the make or break day for Sushil Kumar,as indicated by the schedule as well because matches for 66kg weight category will open on 12th and medals for this category will also be decided on 12th itself and you my friend will be there to witness him in action.

BOXING

7 Indian Boxers get qualified for Olympics 2012

Devendro Singh - 49 kg weight category.Youngest boxer of 19 years.
Shiva Thapa – 56kg weight category.(Just for the record-English badhiya iss ladke ki.Pta nhi desi maanso ke beech mai reh ke English kade te seekh li)
Jai Bhagwan - 60 kg weight category
Manoj Kumar - Commonwealth Games gold medalist.64 kg weight category
Vikas Krishnan - 19-year old.69 kg weight category
Vijender Singh - 75 kg weight category
Sumit Sangwan - 81 kg weight category

WRESTLING

5 Indian Wrestlers get qualified for Olympics 2012

Yogeshwar Dutt- 60 kg.This will be his 3rd Olympic
Amit Kumar -55 kg
Sushil Kumar -66 kg.I guess third Olympic for his as well
Geeta Kumari(Balali,Phogat) - First Indian woman wrestler to qualify for the Olympics.55 kg
Narsingh Yadav - 74 kg

* Technically the above players haven't qualified for the Olympics.It's a particluar nation that secures a berth for a particular weight category and then the federation decides which player will be representing the nation.The player who secured the berth for the nation during various qualification tournaments or automatically through higher rankings may not be the same person representing the nation in the Olympics.
So far the respective federations have decided to go with above players but if any of them gets injured before participation,replacements can be send in.

kapdal
July 6th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Ohhh mate..Two of my fav sports and lucky you!!!You will be witnessing all the action.
In both Wrestling and Boxing this is the best ever Indian contingent for Olympics.
12th Aug is the make or break day for Sushil Kumar,as indicated by the schedule as well because matches for 66kg weight category will open on 12th and medals for this category will also be decided on 12th itself and you my friend will be there to witness him in action.

BOXING

7 Indian Boxers get qualified for Olympics 2012

Devendro Singh - 49 kg weight category.Youngest boxer of 19 years.
Shiva Thapa – 56kg weight category.(Just for the record-English badhiya iss ladke ki.Pta nhi desi maanso ke beech mai reh ke English kade te seekh li)
Jai Bhagwan - 60 kg weight category
Manoj Kumar - Commonwealth Games gold medalist.64 kg weight category
Vikas Krishnan - 19-year old.69 kg weight category
Vijender Singh - 75 kg weight category
Sumit Sangwan - 81 kg weight category

WRESTLING

5 Indian Wrestlers get qualified for Olympics 2012

Yogeshwar Dutt- 60 kg.This will be his 3rd Olympic
Amit Kumar -55 kg
Sushil Kumar -66 kg.I guess third Olympic for his as well
Geeta Kumari(Balali,Phogat) - First Indian woman wrestler to qualify for the Olympics.55 kg
Narsingh Yadav - 74 kg

* Technically the above players haven't qualified for the Olympics.It's a particluar nation that secures a berth for a particular weight category and then the federation decides which player will be representing the nation.The player who secured the berth for the nation during various qualification tournaments or automatically through higher rankings may not be the same person representing the nation in the Olympics.
So far the respective federations have decided to go with above players but if any of them gets injured before participation,replacements can be send in.

Thanks bhai..this is really good information.

Do you know if Paramjeet Samota is still in fray? He won gold in 91+ category in commonwealth boxing.
And also the other 2 bhiwani boys - jitender and akhil kumar?

Saharan1628
July 7th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks bhai..this is really good information.

Do you know if Paramjeet Samota is still in fray? He won gold in 91+ category in commonwealth boxing.
And also the other 2 bhiwani boys - jitender and akhil kumar?

I am afraid they all are not in the fray anymore.
Samota and Dinesh couldn't get through the qualifiers and Akhil got injured before the qualifiers,so couldn't even participate.

anilsangwan
July 9th, 2012, 08:15 AM
गधम-गध... एर घुसंड-म-घुसंड ....... दोनु जाट के मेळ के खेल...... सभी जाट खिलाडियों को शुभ कामनाएं...!!!