PDA

View Full Version : Jat clans belonging to specific regions

swaich
July 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I wanted to open this thread to evaluate the notion of certain Jatt clans being endemic or specific to certain regions, areas. We could all list the clans/gotras that are only found in specific areas and are absent from others. And lets restrict ourselves to rural areas and villages only as people often travel for employment etc.

From my knowledge of Jatts in Punjab, I know of the following clans that are restricted to certain specific areas in Punjab.

Sidhu-Brar - One of the biggest Jatt clans in Punjab, they are restricted to the Malwa area (southern Punjab). Their highest concentration is found in Muktsar and Bathinda districts. This clan is virtually absent from villages of the Doaba and Majha areas. I am yet to find a a Sidhu-Brar whose village is in Amritsar/Jalandhar/Gurdaspur belt.

Bal - As opposed to the Sidhu-Brars, this clan is found in Doaba and Majha (north and central Punjab) but not in Malwa. Major concentration of villages is in districts of Amritsar and Nawanshar, Hoshiarpur.

Grewal - Another one of the biggest clans in Punjab. They are almost specifically found in Ludhiana district. This is one of the most economically progressive clans and is heavily into business activities. So much so that in Punjab they are sometimes referred to as Jatt Baniye for their busines acumen. :) The world famous Kila-Raipur Rural Olympics is organized by a Grewal family.

Sran/Sra - One of the smaller clans specific to Malwa area. Bathinda, Muktsar and Faridkot belt is where their most villages are found.

Swaich - Probably one of the smallest clans in Punjab. Found mainly in Ludhiana district, that too restricted in pockets near Samrala and Mandi Gobindgarh. I am aware of Siwach Jaat villages in Meham and near Meerut. Members from these areas can add their bits to the thread.

Dhillon, Sandhu, Gill, Mann - Amongst the biggest clans. Found all over Punjab in all three regions.

Bajwa - Mostly Majha area specifically the dist. of Amritsar and Gurdaspur. Pakistan Punjab has the biggest number of Bajwa Jatts.

This is all the info I have for Jatts in Punjab for now. Please free to add info from your own regions in Haryana, UP or Raj.

ravinderjeet
July 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
बाजवा छोड़ के ने ,ये सारे गोत , घाट -बाध हरयाणा ,राजस्थान अर पचिमी उतर परदेश में भी पाए जावें सें ,जट्टां में | भाई जसप्रीत तू रोला घणा मचावे स ,एक सलाह स तेरे खातर जा मान जा ते , तू पहलम छः मिहने जाटलैंड पे केवल पढ़, पोस्ट मतना गेर | जा पोस्ट गेरनी सें ते बस टाइम पास सेक्स्सन में गेरया कर | जब तेरा ज्ञान बढ़िया हो जा गा , ते तेरे घणे सारे सवाल आपे मुक ज्यां गे |------ साद-भावनाओं सहित |

swaich
July 10th, 2012, 03:35 PM
बाजवा छोड़ के ने ,ये सारे गोत , घाट -बाध हरयाणा ,राजस्थान अर पचिमी उतर परदेश में भी पाए जावें सें ,जट्टां में | भाई जसप्रीत तू रोला घणा मचावे स ,एक सलाह स तेरे खातर जा मान जा ते , तू पहलम छः मिहने जाटलैंड पे केवल पढ़, पोस्ट मतना गेर | जा पोस्ट गेरनी सें ते बस टाइम पास सेक्स्सन में गेरया कर | जब तेरा ज्ञान बढ़िया हो जा गा , ते तेरे घणे सारे सवाल आपे मुक ज्यां गे |------ साद-भावनाओं सहित |

Bhai sahb thank you for the suggestion. I just wanted to understand the phenomenon of some clans spreading far and wide while some remaining restricted to some places.

VirJ
July 10th, 2012, 03:40 PM
जाटलैंड पर बहोत सारी जानकारी पहले से ही हे इन गोत्र के बारे में पहले वो पड़ लो

swaich
July 10th, 2012, 03:44 PM
जाटलैंड पर बहोत सारी जानकारी पहले से ही हे इन गोत्र के बारे में पहले वो पड़ लो

Thanks. In that case can anybody make changes to jatwiki pages? There are some clan names for which I have info and I can help make the pages better detailed. This is more specifically related to Punjab clans.

VirJ
July 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Anyone can edit and add to Wiki pages. Please feel free and help yourself.

swaich
July 10th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Anyone can edit and add to Wiki pages. Please feel free and help yourself.

If you have edited the pages before, can you direct me? I dont see any "Edit this page" link/button on any article on Jatwiki.

sanjeev1984
July 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
ye hui baat... thank you sir... dekho samajh mai aa ja te...

vikasJAT
July 10th, 2012, 04:50 PM

baat to sahi boli se per isme itni sehan shakti ho bee........

Samarkadian
July 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouOkMlurHuE

This is a Punjabi song - ''Jatta de Got'' explaining characteristics of various Gots.

swaich
July 10th, 2012, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouOkMlurHuE

This is a Punjabi song - ''Jatta de Got'' explaining characteristics of various Gots.

Sukhi is known for singing such peculiar songs. He has another song "Bathinde wale Raflan Rakhan de Shaunki" that explains characteristics of people from all districts of Punjab..Bathinda - Guns, Ferozpur - Land, Faridkot - Politics etc etc.

DrRajpalSingh
July 10th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I wanted to open this thread to evaluate the notion of certain Jatt clans being endemic or specific to certain regions, areas. We could all list the clans/gotras that are only found in specific areas and are absent from others. And lets restrict ourselves to rural areas and villages only as people often travel for employment etc.

From my knowledge of Jatts in Punjab, I know of the following clans that are restricted to certain specific areas in Punjab.

Sidhu-Brar - One of the biggest Jatt clans in Punjab, they are restricted to the Malwa area (southern Punjab). Their highest concentration is found in Muktsar and Bathinda districts. This clan is virtually absent from villages of the Doaba and Majha areas. I am yet to find a a Sidhu-Brar whose village is in Amritsar/Jalandhar/Gurdaspur belt.

Bal - As opposed to the Sidhu-Brars, this clan is found in Doaba and Majha (north and central Punjab) but not in Malwa. Major concentration of villages is in districts of Amritsar and Nawanshar, Hoshiarpur.

Grewal - Another one of the biggest clans in Punjab. They are almost specifically found in Ludhiana district. This is one of the most economically progressive clans and is heavily into business activities. So much so that in Punjab they are sometimes referred to as Jatt Baniye for their busines acumen. :) The world famous Kila-Raipur Rural Olympics is organized by a Grewal family.

Sran/Sra - One of the smaller clans specific to Malwa area. Bathinda, Muktsar and Faridkot belt is where their most villages are found.

Swaich - Probably one of the smallest clans in Punjab. Found mainly in Ludhiana district, that too restricted in pockets near Samrala and Mandi Gobindgarh. I am aware of Siwach Jaat villages in Meham and near Meerut. Members from these areas can add their bits to the thread.

Dhillon, Sandhu, Gill, Mann - Amongst the biggest clans. Found all over Punjab in all three regions.

Bajwa - Mostly Majha area specifically the dist. of Amritsar and Gurdaspur. Pakistan Punjab has the biggest number of Bajwa Jatts.

This is all the info I have for Jatts in Punjab for now. Please free to add info from your own regions in Haryana, UP or Raj.

Good, please go to JatLand Wiki and click Jat Gotras for relevant information. You can add/edit/delete the pages as a member of the JatLand. Com !

swaich
July 11th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Good, please go to JatLand Wiki and click Jat Gotras for relevant information. You can add/edit/delete the pages as a member of the JatLand. Com !

I dont see any edit button/tab on Jat wiki pages. Is there any other button to edit the pages?

DrRajpalSingh
July 11th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I dont see any edit button/tab on Jat wiki pages. Is there any other button to edit the pages?
First log on, click Jatland Wiki, Home page, Jat gotras category on home page--click it, you are on Jat gotras page, click relevant gotra, its page is open, then see at the upper part of page--click edit and start the job of editing. Follow this order please.