PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating small victories

bls31
May 17th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I

GO TO RR HOSPITAL AS A WALKING WOUNDED, diagnosed with some horrible sounding infection of the brain: the prognosis, a slow and long treatment.

Discharged from the hospital I come back with the physical abilities a six month old, just able to press the call button of the electronic bell with Ranjit, my son, for help, now totally dependent on him who has, voluntarily, taken charge.

Strangely, it is the afflicted brain that alone is functioning, using its reasoning power, I take a deliberate decision and with will power as my only asset at that time set on the long journey back from a six month old to a 82 year young.

Though the journey has been slow, tedious and also exhausting at times it has also provide occasions to celebrate the small victories en route.

I celibate the day I prop my self in the bed unaided, the day I mange to shuffle walk to and back from the toiled, on my own.

It is a day for celebrations when I take the lift from my third floor apartment to ground floor and manage a short walk, partly along the park.

The high point is when I open the door of my Opel Astra, twist and turn to enter and occupy the familiar driving seat, hold the steering wheel in my two hands for some time, satisfied, manage to exit the car unaided.

The mega celebrations reserved for the day I discard the walking stick till now my constant aid and companion.

The celebrations, on reaching one milestone after another, personal and held in mind only with no cakes cut, no flowers proofed by friends, visitors or family members

It is Freedom at last: a triumph of will power over debility

DrRajpalSingh
May 17th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I

GO TO RR HOSPITAL AS A WALKING WOUNDED, diagnosed with some horrible sounding infection of the brain: the prognosis, a slow and long treatment.

Discharged from the hospital I come back with the physical abilities a six month old, just able to press the call button of the electronic bell with Ranjit, my son, for help, now totally dependent on him who has, voluntarily, taken charge.

Strangely, it is the afflicted brain that alone is functioning, using its reasoning power, I take a deliberate decision and with will power as my only asset at that time set on the long journey back from a six month old to a 82 year young.

Though the journey has been slow, tedious and also exhausting at times it has also provide occasions to celebrate the small victories en route.

I celibate the day I prop my self in the bed unaided, the day I mange to shuffle walk to and back from the toiled, on my own.

It is a day for celebrations when I take the lift from my third floor apartment to ground floor and manage a short walk, partly along the park.

The high point is when I open the door of my Opel Astra, twist and turn to enter and occupy the familiar driving seat, hold the steering wheel in my two hands for some time, satisfied, manage to exit the car unaided.

The mega celebrations reserved for the day I discard the walking stick till now my constant aid and companion.

The celebrations, on reaching one milestone after another, personal and held in mind only with no cakes cut, no flowers proofed by friends, visitors or family members

It is Freedom at last: a triumph of will power over debility

Really wonderful experience shared !

Congratulations on recovery hats off to your will power and courage to face the intricacies of life with a broad smile.

Wish you all the best, Sir !