PDA

View Full Version : He was Really a Great Saint

DrRajpalSingh
June 12th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Swami Indravesh (http://www.jatland.com/home/Swami_Indravesh)(स्वामी इन्द्रवेश) (1937 – 2006) was at the same time a great educationist, Arya Samaj (http://www.jatland.com/home/Arya_Samaj) leader and Parliamentarian who devoted his life for the eradication of social evils and taboos and after playing his selfless and illustrious role passed into the pages of history on 12th June, 2006. He was really a great saint whose acts shine in the pages of Jat History of the region.

For details of his life and achievements visit Jatland wiki section.

We bow our head to pay our respects to his sacred memory.

DrRajpalSingh
June 12th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Swami Indravesh (http://www.jatland.com/home/Swami_Indravesh)(स्वामी इन्द्रवेश) (1937 – 2006) was at the same time a great educationist, Arya Samaj (http://www.jatland.com/home/Arya_Samaj) leader and Parliamentarian who devoted his life for the eradication of social evils and taboos and after playing his selfless and illustrious role passed into the pages of history on 12th June, 2006. He was really a great saint whose acts shine in the pages of Jat History of the region.

For details of his life and achievements visit Jatland wiki section.

We bow our head to pay our respects to his sacred memory.

People seem very forgetful to remember the unforgettable contribution of the great Saints of our times like Swami Indravesh, who did yeoman's service as an MP to the people of Rohtak Parliamentary constituency and also through Gurukul Jhajjar extended great service to the cause of education. We have not time to remember their contribution.

A pathetic state of affairs, indeed !!!

DrRajpalSingh
September 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
In the category of great reformers of the society, the name of Swami Omanand Saraswati,

shines as a polestar. For his role and life sketch visit Jatland Wiki page.

Thanks and regards

DrRajpalSingh
September 16th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Bhagat Phool Singh did yeoman's service for the uplift of the Indian Society and

made great sacrifices as enlisted on the pages of the Jatland wiki.

Thanks and regards,

DrRajpalSingh
September 16th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Swami Kehwanand, the torch bearer of education and relentless fighter for eradication

of social evils in Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana deserves saluting every morning.

Thanks and regards

DrRajpalSingh
September 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Who can foreget the sterling role of Bahadur Singh Bhobia, who tried to achieve social

emancipation of the community by enforcing social reforms and by opening schools in villages.

These are some of the names who suffered, sacrificed and did yeoman service to the cause of uplift of rural masses.

Salute to all such great men.

DrRajpalSingh
September 16th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Please read wiki jatland com pages very diligently prepared by Sarvashri L R Burdak, D.N Deswal et. all for the life and achievements of the great Jats to acquaint yourselves about the great men of the community.

There are so many other gems born in the community, did serve the community and society as a whole but they never assumed the bombastic titles like the one's assumed by godmen and saints or gurus of today.

That is why I insist upon my view that they were and are role model heroes and icons of the society but no thrusting of title of 'gurudom' to them because they did not aspire to it and am sure that they would have definitely rejected it if anyone had attempted to do so in their life time.

Thanks and regards

DrRajpalSingh
September 16th, 2013, 03:29 PM
The need of the hour is to understand difference between the meaning of Heroes,

who made history by acts of self sacrifice and the self styled 'gurus,'

who aspire to make money by hook and crook today.

Perhaps, luster of these gurus has started to cast its shadow

and spell on the educated people of the community too.

The most of modern day godmen/gurus are shallow not interested

to give positive direction or contribution to the community or indian

society at all. So beware of their nefarious designs !

maddhan1979
September 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM
The need of the hour is to understand difference between the meaning of Heroes,

who made history by acts of self sacrifice and the self styled 'gurus,'

who aspire to make money by hook and crook today.

Perhaps, luster of these gurus has started to cast its shadow

and spell on the educated people of the community too.

The most of modern day godmen/gurus are shallow not interested

to give positive direction or contribution to the community or indian

society at all. So beware of their nefarious designs !

Very Right.

Blind faith, absence of logical reasoning, increasing distance from elements of nature, absence of scientific view of life is having an irreversible negative effect on the soil, water, air and other elements of nature of which we as humans are made of and are part of.

maddhan1979
September 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Very Right.

Blind faith, absence of logical reasoning, increasing distance from elements of nature, absence of scientific view of life is having an irreversible negative effect on the soil, water, air and other elements of nature of which we as humans are made of and are part of.

North West of India is going into a chaotic condition and this is due to issues like absence of sports facilities, absence of waste water treatment plants, increasing air pollution, ever increasing concreted area due to rudimentary way of land development and construction policies and planning, total absence of waste air and water treatment plants in manufacturing organizations, etc. are some such issues which no one ever thinks about.

No one ever thinks about these issues because of lack of scientific view of life, masses of people are still driven by ignorance, unlimited greed, blind faith, jealousy, lack of education, false competition, etc.

vdhillon
November 1st, 2013, 03:53 AM
Well known (including incompetent and corrupts) vs true heroes?

I do understand do these so-called "saints" do in terms of . Arya Samaj and its DVA institutes have long deviated from the ideals of the swami Dayanand, now they are den of power mongering and swamis and sanyasis are rejnetas or attention hungry, certain clown named Agnivesh comes to mind. Lets not put every tom, dick and harry on the pedestal which out the due scrutiny, merely because they just happen to be "what" - "a Jat".

Please gimme more. JL should have a certain benchmark and not resort to the mindless casteist agenda. I mean come on, even the drug-addict and semi-literate Devi Lal is termed great all he did was dynastic politics and now we have to suffer from several corrupt generations. Even Charan Singh is called great, and his claim to fame is exactly what, that he did some jod tod ki rajneeti and became PM for few days ... lolz and then resorted to dynastic politics too.

Just because someone became well known for whatever reason, does NOT make them GREAT. Similarly, I do not see any greatness in some of the future generations of Surajmal or Bharatput kings. I ain't gonna accept someone as great and start worshiping simple because they were jat and they were always looking for the PERSONAL JUGAAD. Show me a Shiva Ji, Surajmal, Gokul, Bhagat Singh, and I will respect, but please do not lump everybody else with them. I would request more restraint, more objectivity, more balanced views in the analysis before immportalizing them on the cast-based internet forums. Other communities will laugh really at this lame attempt of self-grandiosement of petty community leader into huge heroes.

DrRajpalSingh
November 1st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Do not ask what the country has done for you, think what you have done for the country, is the essence of President Kennedy's advice to his country men.

We, before accusing our ancestors for their acts of omissions and commissions, should also think on the Kennedy quote as what we literates are doing for the community, motherland and mankind .

urmiladuhan
November 1st, 2013, 09:06 AM
Do not ask what the country has done for you, think what you have done for the country, is the essence of President Kennedy's advice to his country men.

We, before accusing our ancestors for their acts of omissions and commissions, should also think on the Kennedy quote as what we literates are doing for the community, motherland and mankind .

This word caught my attention. Who is a literate?

Samarkadian
November 1st, 2013, 09:57 AM
Lol.

Cool. Now we have a Arnab Goswami among Jats.

Welcome back.

I do understand do these so-called "saints" do in terms of . Arya Samaj and its DVA institutes have long deviated from the ideals of the swami Dayanand, now they are den of power mongering and swamis and sanyasis are rejnetas or attention hungry, certain clown named Agnivesh comes to mind. Lets not put every tom, dick and harry on the pedestal which out the due scrutiny, merely because they just happen to be "what" - "a Jat".

Please gimme more. JL should have a certain benchmark and not resort to the mindless casteist agenda. I mean come on, even the drug-addict and semi-literate Devi Lal is termed great all he did was dynastic politics and now we have to suffer from several corrupt generations. Even Charan Singh is called great, and his claim to fame is exactly what, that he did some jod tod ki rajneeti and became PM for few days ... lolz and then resorted to dynastic politics too.

Just because someone became well known for whatever reason, does NOT make them GREAT. Similarly, I do not see any greatness in some of the future generations of Surajmal or Bharatput kings. I ain't gonna accept someone as great and start worshiping simple because they were jat and they were always looking for the PERSONAL JUGAAD. Show me a Shiva Ji, Surajmal, Gokul, Bhagat Singh, and I will respect, but please do not lump everybody else with them. I would request more restraint, more objectivity, more balanced views in the analysis before immportalizing them on the cast-based internet forums. Other communities will laugh really at this lame attempt of self-grandiosement of petty community leader into huge heroes.

DrRajpalSingh
November 1st, 2013, 10:13 AM
This word caught my attention. Who is a literate?

Kindly read the earlier posts carefully to understand its use please!!

DrRajpalSingh
November 1st, 2013, 10:27 AM

From the post under reference it seems the community has not produced any [except three viz. Suraj Mal, Gokul and Bhagat Singh] great man.

According to you every person among the Jats is like Tom, Dick and Harry and not worthy to be mentioned on the pages of Wiki JatLand. What bench mark do you have in mind for which you say "Please give me more".

Don't you think this post of yours is enough to malign the Jats and their illustrious ancestors, who lived and died for the cause of social uplift, nation building and freedom of the nation !

vdhillon
November 1st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Sorry doc, please don't take things too much to the heart. You completely MISSED THE ESSENCE of my post. How does is malign Jats? I never said there have only been 3 great jats and all the rest are Tom, Dick and Harry . I gave an example (we do not need to list the whole list ... lolz) of the truly great vs power hungry drug addict dynastic jat politicians who are widely known but I do NOT respect them as Jat heroes, jet do not fit the bill. No need to be overly defensive and over enthusiastic with excessive flowery language in glorify such widely-known but not-so=great Jat leaders. So what if we end up with a shorter list of Jat heroes but higher QUALITY.

Do not twist the meaning of my statement. One can harp on the words and try to see meanings thats are not there ... or get to the simplistic message.

All I said is, differentiate between TRULY GREATS vs WELL KNOWN JATs. Lets not HERO-fy every Jat who was widely known for whatever reasons.
A word to the wise is enough.

From the post under reference it seems the community has not produced any [except three viz. Suraj Mal, Gokul and Bhagat Singh] great man.

According to you every person among the Jats is like Tom, Dick and Harry and not worthy to be mentioned on the pages of Wiki JatLand. What bench mark do you have in mind for which you say "Please give me more".

Don't you think this post of yours is enough to malign the Jats and their illustrious ancestors, who lived and died for the cause of social uplift, nation building and freedom of the nation !

vdhillon
November 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM
A TRUE LEADER & HERO is the one who empowers and inspires others to become leaders and heroes.

Almost all mainstream widely-known Jat politicians are culprit of using Jat castism to hog power for themselves, own kins and cronies and never allowed other Jats (or non-jats) to emerge as leaders and heroes under themselves. So where is the greatness? Use Sardar Patel or Ch. Chottu Ram as benchmark and then measure what did these Jat leaders (nashedi Devi Lal or power-hungry Charan Singh) did for the jat community, mention something remarkable for the jats and nation.
Their claim to fame is exactly "what"? That, they used the jat castism to garner votes and hog the power for own family? In the olden days, with lower level of literacy, people could have been fooled. Let us not perpetuate wrong heroes to the newer educated generation.

We must identify, document and disseminate info about the unsung and obscure heroes but let us not MANUFACTURE heroes out of jat politicians.
Let us empower and inspire newer generation with the right selfless role model heroes who made SIGNIFICANT QUALITATIVE contribution, not just eulogize the power-mongers.

DrRajpalSingh
November 4th, 2013, 09:56 PM
A TRUE LEADER & HERO is the one who empowers and inspires others to become leaders and heroes.

Almost all mainstream widely-known Jat politicians are culprit of using Jat castism to hog power for themselves, own kins and cronies and never allowed other Jats (or non-jats) to emerge as leaders and heroes under themselves. So where is the greatness? Use Sardar Patel or Ch. Chottu Ram as benchmark and then measure what did these Jat leaders (nashedi Devi Lal or power-hungry Charan Singh) did for the jat community, mention something remarkable for the jats and nation.
Their claim to fame is exactly "what"? That, they used the jat castism to garner votes and hog the power for own family? In the olden days, with lower level of literacy, people could have been fooled. Let us not perpetuate wrong heroes to the newer educated generation.

We must identify, document and disseminate info about the unsung and obscure heroes but let us not MANUFACTURE heroes out of jat politicians.
Let us empower and inspire newer generation with the right selfless role model heroes who made SIGNIFICANT QUALITATIVE contribution, not just eulogize the power-mongers.

Friend,

You have every right to fix your own standards and yard stick to judge people, and I respect your right but let me add here a few words what I think on this issue.

According to generally accepted principles in history circles, a person who suffers imprisonment for the cause of the freedom of his country and rights of the people in a free country, is known as ideal or hero.

Chaudhary Charan Singh and Chaudhary Devi Lal suffered imprisonment for long periods of time for the cause of freedom and also remained behind bars in independent India for the rights of the peasantry and also for opposing emergency in 1975-1977. They rose to the highest pinnacles of power only because they raised the voice of common men and did earn their gratitude in the form of votes. They were rally men of the masses for whom they lived and worked throughout their lives and became living legends in their life times.

Both of the two Jat leaders were product of the freedom movement . Yes they were not 'casteist leaders' or narrow minded that is why they could rise to such high positions in their life times. Their departure has left a big vacuum in the area of Jat leadership.

Your cheap labelling them as 'nashedi' and 'Power Hungary' politicians shows your scant knowledge about what they did for arousing political consciousness and demand for share in power sharing by rural masses. Their fight for the protection of the rights of the landless poor peasants is legendary and worth emulation by other politicians of the day.

Likewise there are many other Jat heroes.

Kindly share information as how many unsung Jat leaders have been identified by you and what is the progress on documentation and information disseminated on such heroes.

Thanks and regards

urmiladuhan
November 6th, 2013, 12:52 PM
It seems my comment has be taken as somewhat dis respectful. Please don't. That is not my intention. Dr. Rajpal, you are doing a wonderful job of moderating and keeping the site active, and I respect that very much. Thanks and regards :)

Kindly read the earlier posts carefully to understand its use please!!

DrRajpalSingh
November 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM
It seems my comment has be taken as somewhat dis respectful. Please don't. That is not my intention. Dr. Rajpal, you are doing a wonderful job of moderating and keeping the site active, and I respect that very much. Thanks and regards :)

Ms. Duhan, Thanks for your nice words. You mistook the hint and it was not at all meant for your post or related to your post. Kindly read the earlier all posts carefully and you would pick up the real meaning of the word.

Thanks and regards,

urmiladuhan
November 6th, 2013, 08:24 PM

Being a literate (ability to read and write) does not guarantee that the person is culturally literate as well. Critical thinking, empathy go a long way in making one culturally literate, I think. To be able to do something constructive etc for a community etc, one needs to be culturally literate, I think.

DrRajpalSingh
November 6th, 2013, 08:34 PM
[/B]

Being a literate (ability to read and write) does not guarantee that the person is culturally literate as well. Critical thinking, empathy go a long way in making one culturally literate, I think. To be able to do something constructive etc for a community etc, one needs to be culturally literate, I think.

Well said.