PDA

View Full Version : Life

bls31
July 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
ANOTHER LIFE TAKES PLACE

Out of the 3000 flats in the sprawling township the bird has chosen the balcony of my flat for laying and hatching its eggs.

It must have required extensive effort and detailed reconnaissance to locate a place safe from the predators around. Finally it was the flowerpot with a withered plant, shaded and well camouflaged by the foliage of the other surrounding potted plant.

Normally pigeons are by nature shy, suspicious and wary of people, taking a quick flight when approached.

Possibly my flat was chosen, apart from the suitable site, for the compassion discerned in me, for the life yet to begin, during her extensive flights around and watching me from her favourite perch on the external unit of the Split AC just above the cluster of potted plants.
file:///C:\DOCUME~1\BLS~1.OMS\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\cl ip_image002.jpg
She laid two eggs and sat on them day in and day out: motionless, ignoring me, unless when I approached, too close to her perch, while watering the plants, when she would take wings, to return soon, on my leaving.

One day there was a ball of fluffy grey with broken egg sell, of her abode till now, strewn around?

With the mother now feeding the child mouth to mouth or should I say beak to beak, over time the fluffy ball would turn in to a full-fledged bird, take off in search of its own perch, to bring in a new life and start its own family: Life goes on and on..

bls31