PDA

View Full Version : Copy Paste Propaganda Thread

VirJ
October 19th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Dear Moderators,

A moderator's job is also to keep a check on the trolls. The trolls on JL run numerous copy paste propaganda thread on Modi, Congress, Hindutva, RSS etc. Please put them to task.

On these threads normally the OP has nothing to say but they just copy paste material from here and there. These are hindrance to the pleasant experience of the users of this website.

I am sure it is against Jatland's policy as well.

If you cannot delete them at least put them in time pass.

Thanks

SandeepSirohi
October 19th, 2013, 03:07 PM
भाई विपिन क्यों मजाक कर रहे हो ???????? भला ऐसा भी कभी हो सकता है ????
अगर सारी की सारी थ्रेड्स टाइम पास में चली गयी तो सर फुड़ाई कैसे होगी , ओर कैसे पता चलेगा की मोदी की कमिया ओर झूठ कोन से है ओर कांग्रेस की खुबिया भी छुपी रह जायंगी |

SALURAM
October 19th, 2013, 07:15 PM
ऐसा कभी मत करियो ऐसा हो गया तो राहुल गाँधी का प्रचार कैसे होगा यहाँ ???? जाटलैंड के चरणदास का सपना टूट जायेगा ऐसा हुआ तो :-( यह तो बहुत बड़ा धोका होगा हिन्दू धरम की खिलाफत करने वालों के साथ।।।।।।
आजकल जाटलैंड पर जाट समाज पर बात कम हो रही हैं कुछ लोग की संजय झा बनने की इच्छा के चलते इस वेबसाइट का असली मकसद धूमिल होता नजर आ रहा हैं।

swaich
October 20th, 2013, 12:48 AM
A much needed issue raised by Vipin bhai. There are many half truths and plain white lies peddled here. That Japan's banning of Islam thread is a clear example.

But the key question is - who's to figure out if the post/thread is propaganda or has some truth to it? I don't think the Mods or anybody else would have the time. But if they do indeed keep a check on such posts, JL would be a much better place.

VirJ
October 20th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Jas Bhai obviously it's up to the moderators to decide whether the thread is genuine or a propaganda thread. Members like you and me can report it if they are willing to take action.

I understand it's time consuming process but a moderator should go through each thread and post posted on JL. At the moment I think Dr Rajpal is only active mod. They need to probably replace the non active mod and hire new ones. May be they can divide the sections like history, current affairs among them. It may look too much work initially but as you can see that there are only a few members who are the culprit. Once they are identified mods can issue warning to them or put them on moderation so that their post has to be approved by a mod first before it can appear to others.

We have to start from somewhere.

swaich
October 20th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Jas Bhai obviously it's up to the moderators to decide whether the thread is genuine or a propaganda thread. Members like you and me can report it if they are willing to take action.

I understand it's time consuming process but a moderator should go through each thread and post posted on JL. At the moment I think Dr Rajpal is only active mod. They need to probably replace the non active mod and hire new ones. May be they can divide the sections like history, current affairs among them. It may look too much work initially but as you can see that there are only a few members who are the culprit. Once they are identified mods can issue warning to them or put them on moderation so that their post has to be approved by a mod first before it can appear to others.

We have to start from somewhere.

Agree whole heartedly. Overall, JL does deserve more moderators. If the current admins or moderators think that way or not is the key here.

What do you think - Satyeshwar, Rajpal ji? Should we have some more moderators here? After all the content posted on threads does reflect on the whole of JL.

SALURAM
October 20th, 2013, 02:47 PM
जिस तौर तरीक़े से यहाँ काम हो रहा हैं उसे देखते हुए नाम भी बदल कर जाटलैंड की जगह सेक्युलर समाज "B team of Congress " रख देना चाहिए।

SandeepSirohi
October 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM
Agree whole heartedly. Overall, JL does deserve more moderators. If the current admins or moderators think that way or not is the key here.

What do you think - Satyeshwar, Rajpal ji? Should we have some more moderators here? After all the content posted on threads does reflect on the whole of JL.

बिलकुल , जिस प्रकार यहाँ पर रोजाना नयी थ्रेड्स ओर पोस्ट होती है उसके हिसाब से मोडरेटर की संख्या में बढ़ोत्तरी होनी ही चाहिए | २-३ मॉडरेटर मिलकर इतनी पोस्ट्स ओर थ्रेड्स को मैनेज नहीं कर सकते है| वो भी तो २४ घंटे मॉडरेशन का काम नहीं कर सकते है |

pawandahiya
October 21st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Blind copy paste from unreliable sources should be banned.

DrRajpalSingh
October 25th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Blind copy paste from unreliable sources should be banned.

Instead of ban, self discipline can solve much of the problem.

All the Members are wise and they are requested to use their wisdom to select appropriate stuff to post as per demand of the title of the thread.

VirJ
October 26th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Instead of ban, self discipline can solve much of the problem.

All the Members are wise and they are requested to use their wisdom to select appropriate stuff to post as per demand of the title of the thread.
Sometime discipline has to be enforced. If self discipline can solve all problems then we don't need police, we don't need moderators.

DrRajpalSingh
October 26th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Sometime discipline has to be enforced. If self discipline can solve all problems then we don't need police, we don't need moderators.

Thanks, O K .

pawandahiya
October 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Same for me. My post also was deleted when there was nothing offensive in it. I just used the words that RaGa used. Dr Rajpal is taking biased action by deleting posts where congress is caught in foot in a mouth situation and completely ignores if a post is directed against anyone apart from congress. By the way even election commission did not take any action against rahul Gandhi when he used exactly the same words. Quite surprised by Dr Rajpal's action.

urmiladuhan
October 26th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Mr Rajpal Singh,

What made you delete my post again when I raised a legit question?
You deleted my post with the reason 'inappropriate language' .. can you please explain how it was inappropriate ?

Let me ask again in 'Simple' language. Since you are a mod you have right to delete someone's post and issue warning. You're pretty good in that and always target few specific people. Anyways, least concerned.

But can I ask you who gave you right to EDIT anyone's post with your own words? What is authenticity of the forum if you go ahead and edit someone's post without his consent?

I do hope you don't delete the post and give a proper answer to my question. If you delete it, I will directly speak to Satyeshwar.

Cheers
- Jit

If that has happened, I find it hilarious! Sorry, I do not mean to under estimate your pain. Hope things get resolved :)

cooljat
October 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM

I don't think there's anything 'Hillarious' in that act. It's matter of serious concern.

If that has happened, I find it hilarious! Sorry, I do not mean to under estimate your pain. Hope things get resolved :)

DrRajpalSingh
October 26th, 2013, 09:17 PM
बिलकुल , जिस प्रकार यहाँ पर रोजाना नयी थ्रेड्स ओर पोस्ट होती है उसके हिसाब से मोडरेटर की संख्या में बढ़ोत्तरी होनी ही चाहिए | २-३ मॉडरेटर मिलकर इतनी पोस्ट्स ओर थ्रेड्स को मैनेज नहीं कर सकते है| वो भी तो २४ घंटे मॉडरेशन का काम नहीं कर सकते है |

Friend,

Yes, we need more moderates as appealed through the thread: Looking for a technical moderator (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?36619-Looking-for-a-technical-moderator)

All are requested to respond to the offer their valuable services to this cause.

Thanks and regards

DrRajpalSingh
October 26th, 2013, 09:21 PM

Friend,

You are welcome to respond to : Looking for a technical moderator (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?36619-Looking-for-a-technical-moderator)

Thanks and regards,

singhvp
October 27th, 2013, 01:10 AM
Trolls may be offered an amnesty so that they come out of their dens for a mass surrender, followng in the footsteps fo dacoits of Chambal.

singhvp
October 27th, 2013, 02:13 AM
In a serious, blatant and flagrant violation of press freedom and civil liberties, posts are allegedly being deleted without prior permission of the posters. If true, It is unethical. Prior permission from the posters should have been obtained. The matter may be referred to Press Council of Jatland. It is a natural right and urge of people to use abusive and derogatory language at least twice a week, if not once a day.

Incidentally, none of my posts were deleted in the recent past becasue most of these posts were self-moderated and pre-audited.

DrRajpalSingh
October 27th, 2013, 07:21 AM
For kind attention of the members:

Link:

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...nt-PLEASE-READ (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?21490-Member-Agreement-PLEASE-READ)

Thanks

vdhillon
October 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM
lolz ... funny, that :p
I did come out of the hiding after three years to surrender myself, one of my banal comment too was deleted, but rather than the "surrender" I am now more "resigned" to the fate of my posts :p

@SINGHVP
Raam raam VP Singh ji, Great to see you again ... k gyan s. I specially came back for bhai RAVINDERJEET's jokes and your insights, I am back here only for two people. I missed you both. Lets see how long can I last during this stint. I can't believe that after so many years "aap eb tayen es JL pe maatha fudaan lag r so", I salute your persistence :p

Trolls may be offered an amnesty so that they come out of their dens for a mass surrender, followng in the footsteps fo dacoits of Chambal.

vdhillon
October 27th, 2013, 10:00 AM
@ALL
On the other hand, spare a thought for the poor Mods too, it ain't easy to please all. We can't ask MODs stifle civil liberties by asking to ban a troll and then complain about our voiced being stifled by having comments deleted. Consider this "one's troll, is another person's though-provoking and intellectually stimulating discussion ... just as one person's loaf of bread is poison to another person".

It is even harder to MODerate JATs kyon k aapi sare e chaudhary sa :p Bhai, mein toh apne aap ne moderate nhi kar sakta :p winkzzz

Giving a benefit of doubt, I think moderator tried to deleted all the comments in bulk so as to eliminate any traces of the dispute, matlab jadd te kaat doo, raula khatam ho ja ga. Not a bad approach sometimes to restore peace.

Come on yaaro, we are here to relax, unwind, while bonding with fellow JATs. Why take our posts so dear to the heart and become so attached. JATs are a passionate and vocal tribe with ample pride. Hard to curb their natural independence.

Historically, I have been a vocal critic of the JL MODdey, and stopped patronizing JL 3 years ago, mainly due to erratic MODdey, "padhelikhe-unpad" orthodox MODdey laga rakhe the us time, eb ka bera ni. But, am willing to keep an open mind.

I guess, its ok to take liberty but do so with bit of friendliness and a pinch of humor. Lets see if it works. Hopefully, current MODdey do not have a dry sense of humor and hopefully, have better comprehension of ENGLISH to understand the "pun" in the comments so as to not confuse it with "rudeness" or "targeting specific individuals".

Baba BHOLE NATH ki Jai :p

We all r BHOLE - the innocent one, including our MODdey, Baba means Modda anyway :p

Have a great weekend folks. Enjoy.

Cheers!

singhvp
October 27th, 2013, 03:33 PM
There is lot of hulla-balloo about deletion of some sacred posts of some 'Holy Members'. The tone and tenure of some posts complaining against such deletion seems to be making direct attack on the integrity of Dr. Rajpal Singh, one of the moderators. I do not know much about the other moderators, but would definitely like to express my strong opposition to this kind of strong views about Dr. Rajpal Sahab. Dr. Rajpal has been highly apolitical and impartial but he cannot close his eyes to the objectionable stuff posted by some politically over-enthusiatic members targetting other members using offensive, filthy and highly derogatory language. In my opinion Dr. Rajpal is doing a fantastic work and needs our encouragement rather than being brow-beaten by some communally charged and over ambitious 'machos'.

Macho=माचो का मतलब मेरे हिसाब से माचणा या रिफलना माणस

urmiladuhan
October 27th, 2013, 08:18 PM
@ALL
On the other hand, spare a thought for the poor Mods too, it ain't easy to please all. We can't ask MODs stifle civil liberties by asking to ban a troll and then complain about our voiced being stifled by having comments deleted. Consider this "one's troll, is another person's though-provoking and intellectually stimulating discussion ... just as one person's loaf of bread is poison to another person".

It is even harder to MODerate JATs kyon k aapi sare e chaudhary sa :p Bhai, mein toh apne aap ne moderate nhi kar sakta :p winkzzz

Giving a benefit of doubt, I think moderator tried to deleted all the comments in bulk so as to eliminate any traces of the dispute, matlab jadd te kaat doo, raula khatam ho ja ga. Not a bad approach sometimes to restore peace.

Come on yaaro, we are here to relax, unwind, while bonding with fellow JATs. Why take our posts so dear to the heart and become so attached. JATs are a passionate and vocal tribe with ample pride. Hard to curb their natural independence.

Historically, I have been a vocal critic of the JL MODdey, and stopped patronizing JL 3 years ago, mainly due to erratic MODdey, "padhelikhe-unpad" orthodox MODdey laga rakhe the us time, eb ka bera ni. But, am willing to keep an open mind.

I guess, its ok to take liberty but do so with bit of friendliness and a pinch of humor. Lets see if it works. Hopefully, current MODdey do not have a dry sense of humor and hopefully, have better comprehension of ENGLISH to understand the "pun" in the comments so as to not confuse it with "rudeness" or "targeting specific individuals".

Baba BHOLE NATH ki Jai :p

We all r BHOLE - the innocent one, including our MODdey, Baba means Modda anyway :p

Have a great weekend folks. Enjoy.

Cheers!

How do you come up with lines like that, especially in the midst of all the serious stuff! Lol! Roflmao!!

singhvp
October 27th, 2013, 08:30 PM
lolz ... Funny, that :p
i did come out of the hiding after three years to surrender myself, one of my banal comment too was deleted, but rather than the "surrender" i am now more "resigned" to the fate of my posts :p

@singhvp
raam raam vp singh ji, great to see you again ... K gyan s. I specially came back for bhai ravinderjeet's jokes and your insights, i am back here only for two people. I missed you both. Lets see how long can i last during this stint. I can't believe that after so many years "aap eb tayen es jl pe maatha fudaan lag r so", i salute your persistence :p

विकास, मैं भी एक साल के लिए गोता मार ग्या था i पर हंडेर माणस तैं के डटया जाया करै, फेर चोढ़े लाग गे i यहाँ पर कई बड़े अच्छे लोग भी हैं जिनका प्यार और ज्ञान मुझे यहाँ आने को प्रेरित करता है i आप ने अच्छा किया लौट आये, और हमें याद रखने के लिए फिर से धन्यवाद i एक छोटी सी तुकबंदी पेश कर रहा हूँ इस सिलसिले में :

जब जब चाहा उन्हें भुलाना, हम भुला नहीं पाए,
जितना हम उनसे दूर गए वो और करीब आए
फासले यों मिट जाते हैं, दिल में अगर हो प्यार
फूल मोहब्बत का 'मासूम' हमेशां लेने को तैयार
खंजर* फेंक कर हाथ मिलाते तो होती मुद्दों की बात
बाँट रहें कुछ लोग यहाँ क्यों नफरत की सौगात

*not referring to Vishal

Arvindc
October 27th, 2013, 09:49 PM
There is lot of hulla-balloo about deletion of some sacred posts of some 'Holy Members'. The tone and tenure of some posts complaining against such deletion seems to be making direct attack on the integrity of Dr. Rajpal Singh, one of the moderators. I do not know much about the other moderators, but would definitely like to express my strong opposition to this kind of strong views about Dr. Rajpal Sahab. Dr. Rajpal has been highly apolitical and impartial but he cannot close his eyes to the objectionable stuff posted by some politically over-enthusiatic members targetting other members using offensive, filthy and highly derogatory language. In my opinion Dr. Rajpal is doing a fantastic work and needs our encouragement rather than being brow-beaten by some communally charged and over ambitious 'machos'.

Macho=माचो का मतलब मेरे हिसाब से माचणा या रिफलना माणस

VP Singh Ji, agree with you except for the Macho part.

When there isn't any one definition of 'right' and 'wrong'; wouldn't it be easier for to us to just stay our focus on what we think is right and omitting out the part which we think is 'wrong'?

rkumar
October 27th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Modi-rate karo bhai, bas Modi-rate Karo
hum Modi Bhakton ko na Moderate karo

RK^2

singhvp
October 28th, 2013, 12:41 AM
VP Singh Ji, agree with you except for the Macho part.

When there isn't any one definition of 'right' and 'wrong'; wouldn't it be easier for to us to just stay our focus on what we think is right and omitting out the part which we think is 'wrong'?

Arvind, I presume you mean that moderators should omit (say delete) what they think is wrong and that is exactly what they are doing. A perception can be 'right' or 'wrong' but abusive language can have only one connotation i.e. 'wrong'. No one should be allowed to hijack the site for their political ends and to brow-beat people with contrary views by not letting them to express themselves without fear and pugnacity. In fact, it is after a long time that some moderation is visible. If I were the moderator, I would have considerably pruned the site by putting a ban on about 50% of the stuff. I know the literal meaning of macho (masculine in an overly assertive or aggressive way) but have slightly changed it to fit in 'desi' dictionary.

Prikshit
October 29th, 2013, 03:16 PM
It would be good if some checks can be put in place, these copy paste posts
makes the thread difficult to read and the flow of the debate is missed at times.

DrRajpalSingh
October 31st, 2013, 07:38 AM
More suggestions awaited !!!!

vdhillon
November 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
I have a suggestion, if a person is interested in puking one sided copy paste propaganda, and not a meaningful debate then instead of everyone ganging up against that person (that itself is bad too ... cent react to a "wrong" with "wrong"), it is better to stop replying to such a thread and it will die the natural death. Remember, narcissists and trolls thrive on the attention, when we stop feeding that attention, cut off the narcissist supply, then narcissist and trolls too quickly loose interest as they have very shot attention span ;)

urmiladuhan
November 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
I have a suggestion, if a person is interested in puking one sided copy paste propaganda, and not a meaningful debate then instead of everyone ganging up against that person (that itself is bad too ... cent react to a "wrong" with "wrong"), it is better to stop replying to such a thread and it will die the natural death. Remember, narcissists and trolls thrive on the attention, when we stop feeding that attention, cut off the narcissist supply, then narcissist and trolls too quickly loose interest as they have very shot attention span ;)

That is THE challenge part. It requires self control that some May not have :)

cooljat
November 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Suggestions!!
Can you please answer the question I asked you other day.
Deleting that post of mine which raised some very important questions on your way of biased moderating won't kill my voice, telling ya!

More suggestions awaited !!!!

DrRajpalSingh
November 3rd, 2013, 06:21 PM
Suggestions!!
Can you please answer the question I asked you other day.
Deleting that post of mine which raised some very important questions on your way of biased moderating won't kill my voice, telling ya!

This is no suggestion.