PDA

View Full Version : Tanishq breaks social norms, celebrates remarriage in new ad

SumitJattan
October 29th, 2013, 06:45 PM
New Delhi: Popular jewellery brand Tanishq is known for its pleasing advertisements but the brand nailed it this time around with its new ad. While most of the ad makers still are obsessed with fair skin, Tanishq's new ad tries to break the social norms and shows a dusky bride with a daughter who is all set to remarry.
Clad in the exquisite jewellery, the ad shows the bride getting ready for her marriage. She spots a young girl standing in the doorway and asks her to come in and adjusts her jewellery. Later, the young girl accompanies the bride to the mandap and sits along with bride's parents. While the bride is walking around the fire with the groom, the young girl addresses her as mother and tells her that she also wants to accompany her. The mother hushes her but the groom senses the young girl's disappointment and carries her in her arms and continues with the 'pheras'.
The ad is got a good response from the people and many have taken to Twitter to call it a brave attempt on the part of the jewellery brand.
Shivangi Yadav tweeted, "So beautiful. Tanishq redeems itself with style while breaking a few norms."
Another user Smita Prakash wrote, "A dusky bride with a daughter! That's brave in India. Tanishq Wedding Film (2013)"
Bhatnaturally wrote, "Tanishq makes a larger social point with its ad for new-age wedding jewellery."

SumitJattan
October 29th, 2013, 06:46 PM
The ad video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76E6b7SQs8

rkumar
October 29th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Sooooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Really bold and beautiful message.

RK^2

SumitJattan
October 29th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Atleast signs of change with time :) yes its a beautiful message

Sooooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Really bold and beautiful message.

RK^2

urmiladuhan
October 29th, 2013, 07:50 PM
While it is understandable that the jewellery brand is tapping into the emerging clientele in India, appearing due to increasing divorce rate, but personally this sort of social change need not necessarily be good for society.

New Delhi: Popular jewellery brand Tanishq is known for its pleasing advertisements but the brand nailed it this time around with its new ad. While most of the ad makers still are obsessed with fair skin, Tanishq's new ad tries to break the social norms and shows a dusky bride with a daughter who is all set to remarry.
Clad in the exquisite jewellery, the ad shows the bride getting ready for her marriage. She spots a young girl standing in the doorway and asks her to come in and adjusts her jewellery. Later, the young girl accompanies the bride to the mandap and sits along with bride's parents. While the bride is walking around the fire with the groom, the young girl addresses her as mother and tells her that she also wants to accompany her. The mother hushes her but the groom senses the young girl's disappointment and carries her in her arms and continues with the 'pheras'.
The ad is got a good response from the people and many have taken to Twitter to call it a brave attempt on the part of the jewellery brand.
Shivangi Yadav tweeted, "So beautiful. Tanishq redeems itself with style while breaking a few norms."
Another user Smita Prakash wrote, "A dusky bride with a daughter! That's brave in India. Tanishq Wedding Film (2013)"
Bhatnaturally wrote, "Tanishq makes a larger social point with its ad for new-age wedding jewellery."

SumitJattan
October 29th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Divorce is not the only reason behind remarriages ... and a divorce is 1000 times better then the inhumane life which a lot of females are spending due to so called society pressure and why are we connecting these individual decisions ( incase of divorce ) with society ... i assumed it as a (widow) remarriage which is a good sign :) . Societies should be dynamic not stagnant :)

While it is understandable that the jewellery brand is tapping into the emerging clientele in India, appearing due to increasing divorce rate, but personally this sort of social change need not necessarily be good for society.

desijat
October 29th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I may be less sensitive, but the ad looked ok and nothing unique. There have been other brands already doing business on re-marriages and secondshaadi.com is one of them who have been in this business for a few years now

DrRajpalSingh
October 29th, 2013, 09:38 PM

There seems to be no harm in widow/divorce re-remarriage.

desijat
October 29th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Waiting for a day when one of the brands will look at Jat Community as a fine example of widow remarriage encouragement and promote us in positive light :)

rkumar
October 29th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Remaining single is injurious to health my friends. Try to marry if you can. If not, have a friend at least who treats you as nicely as possible. This is what the medical science says;

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/look-it-way/201001/the-health-hazards-being-single

Society has no problem with anything till you conduct yourself with dignity.

RK^2

urmiladuhan
October 29th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Re marriage (whether of man or woman) should not be glamorised, I think. Call me old fashioned if you must.

rkumar
October 29th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Re marriage .......... should not be glamorised,...............

Your reasons of saying so?

RK^2

rkumar
October 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Waiting for a day when one of the brands will look at Jat Community as a fine example of widow remarriage encouragement and promote us in positive light :)

I can think of one item straightway. "Chaddar"/ Shawl can be branded as this is the item which is at the core of widow Jatni re-marriage.

R^2

urmiladuhan
October 29th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Good friends, active social life, integrated family, interesting work, progressive mind set, good health, they go a long way in giving one a fulfilling life. A good marriage is obviously a boon too.
Older people, who loose their spouse can still lead a fulfilling life without re marriage, I think, provided they have a good social support system. I rarely see older people getting re married in Jat community.

Remaining single is injurious to health my friends. Try to marry if you can. If not, have a friend at least who treats you as nicely as possible. This is what the medical science says;

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/look-it-way/201001/the-health-hazards-being-single

Society has no problem with anything till you conduct yourself with dignity.

RK^2

urmiladuhan
October 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM
There is a sense of dignity if a person only marries once and not more. That is our tradition, is it not?

Your reasons of saying so?

RK^2

SumitJattan
October 29th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Dignity is connected with crime and i dont think remarriage is a crime to undegnify a person ..... we are really preaching a lot of wrong and illogical things on the name of traditions :)

There is a sense of dignity if a person only marries once and not more. That is our tradition, is it not?

rkumar
October 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM

In my view its a personal choice and should be respected that way. I won't venture to generalize it since circumstances vary from person to person.

RK^2

ygulia
October 29th, 2013, 10:51 PM
No, this is not our tradition.

ygulia
October 29th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Marriage, divorce, remarriage is common in our society now. Divorce rate is low in comparison with other community. There are lot of couples in our community who fights every day because they are not satisfied with marrital life. Such type of couples are just pulling their marriage life because of fear of scoiety or lack of guts to call off the marriage. By doing so they are neither doing good for themselves nor for children.

singhvp
October 30th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Re marriage (whether of man or woman) should not be glamorised, I think. Call me old fashioned if you must.

Though I am also not very much in favour of breaking a relation in a fit of anger but sometimes the circumstances become so compelling that a break remains the only option. In that case re-mairriage becomes a necessary evil. It is though not something to be celebrated.

About divorce I would like to quote someone

कुछ तो मज़बूरियाँ रही होंगी,
वर्ना यों ही कोई बेवफा नहीं होता

singhvp
October 30th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Officially, yes.

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 06:32 AM
I also noticed that the advertisement targets English conversing population i.e., the so called well educated class. Perhaps indicating that a well educated woman is more likely to have multiple marriages i.e., divorce. Does it not seem so from watching the advertisement?

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 06:39 AM
While many of the points you make are positive and right in my opinion, marriage and divorce are very much a social issue and impact the fabric of society. Why are marriages breaking up more often these days in India? Especially if the woman is educated and earning. Is our age old marriage structure at fault?

Divorce is not the only reason behind remarriages ... and a divorce is 1000 times better then the inhumane life which a lot of females are spending due to so called society pressure and why are we connecting these individual decisions ( incase of divorce ) with society ... i assumed it as a (widow) remarriage which is a good sign :) . Societies should be dynamic not stagnant :)

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 06:44 AM
How many re marriages should be permissible, before it can be considered too much?

Dignity is connected with crime and i dont think remarriage is a crime to undegnify a person ..... we are really preaching a lot of wrong and illogical things on the name of traditions :)

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Widow marriage is traditionally done out of pity on the woman in India.

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Only if the woman is given choice other than the already married brothers of her deceased husband!

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Poly andry and poly gyne have social sanction in jat community?

No, this is not our tradition.

DrRajpalSingh
October 30th, 2013, 06:59 AM
http://static.jatland.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by urmiladuhan http://static.jatland.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?p=351477#post351477)

and

Officially, yes.

Historically, NO.

Even the first Hindu Scripture, the Rig Veda advocates remarriage of widows.

DrRajpalSingh
October 30th, 2013, 07:05 AM
How many re marriages should be permissible, before it can be considered too much?

It depends on the motives and frequency of marrying and remarrying by the concerned persons.

If one enters in matrimonial alliance with ulterior motive even for a single time, that is bad and too much.

DrRajpalSingh
October 30th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Widow marriage is traditionally done out of pity on the woman in India.

Not absolute truth !

spdeshwal
October 30th, 2013, 07:39 AM
हर विज्ञापन में एक खास सन्देश एक विशेष वर्ग/ समूह को सम्भोधित होता है ! सम्भोधित वर्ग में सम्म्लित सुनने देखने वाले उससे शायद उस सन्देश को हब हु या कुछ बिंदुओं पर सहमति कि दृष्टि से ग्रहण करते हैं ! उसी प्रकार , मैंने भी पुनर्विवहा के के सन्देश को ग्रहण किया और सराहा भी ! इसके इलावा मैंने उसमे एक और बिंदु पर सोचा , शायद वो मात्र मेरा नजरिया ही हो पर मैंने ऐसा सोचा कि जैसे हिन्दू/ आर्य रीती अनुसार फेरों में निहित कुछ वचन भावी पति पत्नी एक दूसरे के प्रति अपने समर्पण का वचन देते हैं! पति पत्नी को उसकी सुरक्षा और भरण पोषण का वचन देता है !
में सोचता हूँ कि इस विज्ञापन में दूल्हा, नन्ही बालिका को गोद में उठा कर एक सन्देश और वचन देता कि में तुम्हे अपनी बेटी के रूप में स्वीकार करता हूँ और तुम्हारी सुरखा और भरण पोषण कि जिम्मेवारी लेता हूँ

cheers!

rekhasmriti
October 30th, 2013, 06:10 PM
This pressure of Separation , attitude of " people judging them even before knowing them " .........has created so much Marriage Pressure .

Specifically in our society where Marriage is so big deal ......coz there must not be a U Turn in it . Why to make so much fuss of same .....Things work out Great else amicably part ways .....start life fresh.

Older people remarriage ......Why not . Being married means u have a friend under 1 roof with whom u can spend ur rest of life . Why older people need to live on mercy of holiday vacations of their kids , grand kids . Young person may find many friends for older chances are quite less .

We all need someone with whom we share happiest n saddest moment . For married - Spouse; for rest Friend . Someone to argue with , companion to share ur troubles .

Many doing well people opting to stay single coz " it is better to stay single than to a failed marriage " . Thanks to society pressure they are not even willing to give a shot to marriage .

SumitJattan
October 30th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Its a pure personal decision ... depends on person to person .

SumitJattan
October 30th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Watch the video again and you will find a hindi dialogue at 1:26 . I am not able to understand your assumption behind the statement of educated woman is more likely to have multiple marriages .. while i can say it in other way ..an educated woman can take more wise and bold decisions as per requirement . This ad is diff as Indians have a huge obsession with fair colour and extremely good looking females this point is very much proved by matrimonial ads … this ad is showing a simple marriage , which is unimaginable in a society where marriages become no less then business deals . Just want to say attaching these nuptial decisions with the ego , respects and society may end up in these honor and dowry killings .

I also noticed that the advertisement targets English conversing population i.e., the so called well educated class. Perhaps indicating that a well educated woman is more likely to have multiple marriages i.e., divorce. Does it not seem so from watching the advertisement?

singhvp
October 30th, 2013, 09:10 PM
This pressure of Separation , attitude of " people judging them even before knowing them " .........has created so much Marriage Pressure .

Specifically in our society where Marriage is so big deal ......coz there must not be a U Turn in it . Why to make so much fuss of same .....Things work out Great else amicably part ways .....start life fresh.

Older people remarriage ......Why not . Being married means u have a friend under 1 roof with whom u can spend ur rest of life . Why older people need to live on mercy of holiday vacations of their kids , grand kids . Young person may find many friends for older chances are quite less .

We all need someone with whom we share happiest n saddest moment . For married - Spouse; for rest Friend . Someone to argue with , companion to share ur troubles .

Many doing well people opting to stay single coz " it is better to stay single than to a failed marriage " . Thanks to society pressure they are not even willing to give a shot to marriage .

Essence of the whole issue.

स्मृति, तुम ज़िओ हज़ारों साल और साल के दिन हों ढाई हज़ार !!

singhvp
October 30th, 2013, 09:18 PM

There can be no cap. It should be left to the individuals. Such kind of difficult decisions are made by the concerned parties only when all options are exhausted. Normally, everyone would like to avert such a scenario.

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 09:22 PM
On a lighter note, in jat community, what number is generally acceptable?!

There can be no cap. It should be left to the individuals. Such kind of difficult decisions are made by the concerned parties only when all options are exhausted. Normally, everyone would like to avert such a scenario.

singhvp
October 30th, 2013, 09:25 PM
On a lighter note, in jat community, what number is generally acceptable?!

Two, I think.

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 09:37 PM
That's respectable number!

[

QUOTE=singhvp;351556]Two, I think.[/QUOTE]

urmiladuhan
October 30th, 2013, 09:45 PM
In the advertisement you posted, the woman is shown with a child, while the man seems to not have one. That is why I wrote that the advertisement perhaps indicates that an educated woman is more likely to step out of marriage into second one.

Watch the video again and you will find a hindi dialogue at 1:26 . I am not able to understand your assumption behind the statement of educated woman is more likely to have multiple marriages .. while i can say it in other way ..an educated woman can take more wise and bold decisions as per requirement . This ad is diff as Indians have a huge obsession with fair colour and extremely good looking females this point is very much proved by matrimonial ads … this ad is showing a simple marriage , which is unimaginable in a society where marriages become no less then business deals . Just want to say attaching these nuptial decisions with the ego , respects and society may end up in these honor and dowry killings .