PDA

View Full Version : Why a few women leaders make it to Assemblies !!!

DrRajpalSingh
December 9th, 2013, 07:23 PM
In Rajasthan alone 103 women leaders contested but only seven women leaders could win from their assembly seats. Out of these seven new MLAs six belong to BJP, including therein BJP State Chief Ministerial candidate Vasundhra Raje who won by about 61000 votes while leading her party to a historic win.

In Chhatisgarh also seven women leaders emerged victorious in the just concluded hustings whereas in Delhi 69 women leaders contested but only 3 managed to secure a place among the winners.

In MP the number of women candidates was 100 and the number of newly elected women MLAs is 23 which is higher than the number of three earlier mentioned states taken together [7,7,3=17].

What causes do the readers assign to this dismal and disproportionate representation in the state level politics to the women who constitute about half of the electorate.

rekhasmriti
December 10th, 2013, 01:22 AM
"In Chhatisgarh also seven women leaders emerged victorious"

If I m not wrong that too Sympathy Votes .

May be that is why Sushma Swaraj favors 33% reservation

DrRajpalSingh
December 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM

Demanding 33% reservation is a political rhetoric just to paint themselves as sympathisers of greater number of women participation in politics.

Otherwise why all such political parties not give 50% nominations to the women leaders on their own!

This is the question that requires deeper investigation !

DrRajpalSingh
December 10th, 2013, 10:11 AM

What according to you are the reasons responsible for lower participation of women in Politics?

anilsangwan
December 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Sir, on a lighter note, "Mayawati, Mamatha Banerjee, Uma Bharti aur Jayalalitha" ko dekh ke logo ki himmat hi nahi hoti kisi lady leader ko vote dene ki :) ..... Yeh 4 ladies akeli 4000 ke baraabar hain Indian politics mein... Na hon to bata dyo !!!

On serious side - yes, more and more female participation should be encouraged by political parties. !!!

DrRajpalSingh
December 10th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Sir, on a lighter note, "Mayawati, Mamatha Banerjee, Uma Bharti aur Jayalalitha" ko dekh ke logo ki himmat hi nahi hoti kisi lady leader ko vote dene ki :) ..... Yeh 4 ladies akeli 4000 ke baraabar hain Indian politics mein... Na hon to bata dyo !!!

On serious side - yes, more and more female participation should be encouraged by political parties. !!!

Sangwan Sahib,

You are right to say that they must be encouraged by political parties to come up and join the mainstream political activities.

It seems after having remained passive in outside activities, the Indian women folk is taking some time to start equal participation in outside activities including jumping into political arena. But the grass root political institutions have started to give them a chance to meddle into politics and it is hoped that there would be no dearth of women candidates for Assembly and parliamentary elections in due course of time.

Thanks and regards.

rekhasmriti
December 10th, 2013, 05:07 PM
"why all such political parties not give 50% nominations"

Just read somewhere " yeh 33% tak mei toh may be bhi nahi bharte , 50% toh bahut door ki bat hai "

I wonder once why not .......some theory ( may be illogical ) , if they give 33% reservation then there would be some constituency from where only women can contend . This is sincere threat to many including Congress , SP etc .

Personally I am never in favor of any kind a reservation on basis of color/caste/creed/ gender ......

However Stats say after reservation things gets improved be it Caste or what .......then why not give it a shot

rekhasmriti
December 10th, 2013, 05:09 PM
"you are the reasons responsible for lower participation of women in Politics"

Because " Politics is a Dirty Game " ( IMO only )

DrRajpalSingh
December 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
"why all such political parties not give 50% nominations"

Just read somewhere " yeh 33% tak mei toh may be bhi nahi bharte , 50% toh bahut door ki bat hai "

I wonder once why not .......some theory ( may be illogical ) , if they give 33% reservation then there would be some constituency from where only women can contend . This is sincere threat to many including Congress , SP etc .

Personally I am never in favor of any kind a reservation on basis of color/caste/creed/ gender ......

However Stats say after reservation things gets improved be it Caste or what .......then why not give it a shot

And

"you are the reasons responsible for lower participation of women in Politics"

Because " Politics is a Dirty Game " ( IMO only )

Thanks for the first sentence of the post!

But second sentence goes against your saying in your post no 7 where you say that women may be given 33 % reservation. How do you reconcile your two views [reservation for women and politics is a dirty game] contained in these two posts.

Thanks and regards

rekhasmriti
December 11th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I also said that " Not in favor of any kind of Reservation " .

By Reservation - as per stats numbers improved be it SC/ST / OBC or whatever . If objective is to improve numbers ......reservation seems to be well applied formula .

It is indeed a Dirty Game ........for a woman to struggle in this game from level Zero to up in ladder with / without any Godfather is road full of hassles ( may be harassment ) . She need to put on stake too much which she can afford ( also applies to men as well ) . Reservation might lead to less hassles for her .

Thanks .

Regards,
Smriti

drkarminder
December 12th, 2013, 08:40 AM
I don't know why people always want reservation to come forward in anyfield. Its look funny to me when people talk of reservation specially for women.
Who is stopping women to take part in politics. And what will happen after reservation. I don't think anything will change.

In my opinion people who are demanding reservation for women actually are spreading gender inequality. Women who want to contest election is free to go for it. Then what reservation fo?
Reservation can not change people thinking. Women think politics is dirty and don't want to come in politics. Its o.k then if they r not comfortable. There is no need to pack loksabha or vidhasnabha with women. Ther is no need of pushing women in everyfield and say that we r gender equal.

rekhasmriti
December 12th, 2013, 05:59 PM
SC/ST/OBC reservation in jobs / some of constituencies ..............now govt sectors packed with them . If they are interested / deserving they must come forward by themselves who has stopped them .
Same way Women Reservation in Panchayat election........not fair .....if they want to contend they should come forward who stopped them.....

(Please no offence above mentioned stuff was on lighter note )

Its not about packing some LS/VS with Women ...........its about their say related to issues which directly / indirectly impacting them . May be I am wrong ......eg some upper caste passing bills on SC/ST welfare without listening to their opinion. Same way passing bills for women welfare ......and no opinion from woman . All these bills might not give desired results

Whats wrong with Pushing if that can give good results . There was a time when women not interested ( many ) in education or career , parents / society pushed them for studying - being independent ....they proved that push was success .

Saying again: Not in favor of any kind of reservation , though I m a Result Oriented person ( efforts getting waste is biggest failure in itself ) . If any other formula gives result better than reservation......nothing better than that .

DrRajpalSingh
December 12th, 2013, 06:43 PM
SC/ST/OBC reservation in jobs / some of constituencies ..............now govt sectors packed with them . If they are interested / deserving they must come forward by themselves who has stopped them .
Same way Women Reservation in Panchayat election........not fair .....if they want to contend they should come forward who stopped them.....

Its not about packing some LS/VS with Women ...........its about their say related to issues which directly / indirectly impacting them . May be I am wrong ......eg some upper caste passing bills on SC/ST welfare without listening to their opinion. Same way passing bills for women welfare ......and no opinion from woman . All these bills might not give desired results

Whats wrong with Pushing if that can give good results . There was a time when women not interested ( many ) in education or career , parents / society pushed them for studying - being independent ....they proved that push was success .

Saying again: Not in favor of any kind of reservation , though I m a Result Oriented person ( efforts getting waste is biggest failure in itself ) . If any other formula gives result better than reservation......nothing better than that .

It is the need of the hour that more and more women join all fields of public life including politics.

The question remains, how it would take place.

drkarminder
December 12th, 2013, 07:02 PM

Reservation to backward classes is given to uplift those classes as they are financially weak and have weak family background to facilitate them with costly sources of education.(excluding creamy layer)
Reseravtion for women in politics is totally different issue. It comes in gender equality. I don't know what direct or indirect impact on women can be solved only by reservation of women in politics,that u are talking about. Already govt is giving so much facilities to women. Women helplines,women right activist organisations, women commissions, women bank, reservations in education,women favouring laws.
I don't find any field where women are shown discrimination in todays time. I never favour reservation based on gender.

In todays india women are at top positions in politics,buiseness,education,administration without reservation. Moreover I don't think women in politics will do better than their male counterparts. Reservation for women in politics is a meaningless issue.

DrRajpalSingh
December 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Reservation to backward classes is given to uplift those classes as they are financially weak and have weak family background to facilitate them with costly sources of education.(excluding creamy layer)
Reseravtion for women in politics is totally different issue. It comes in gender equality. I don't know what direct or indirect impact on women can be solved only by reservation of women in politics,that u are talking about. Already govt is giving so much facilities to women. Women helplines,women right activist organisations, women commissions, women bank, reservations in education,women favouring laws.
I don't find any field where women are shown discrimination in todays time. I never favour reservation based on gender.

In todays india women are at top positions in politics,buiseness,education,administration without reservation. Moreover I don't think women in politics will do better than their male counterparts. Reservation for women in politics is a meaningless issue.

Friend

In view of their meagre representation in proportion to their numerical strength, it is thought that more involvement of women in functioning of institutions of democracy in India is desirable.

How this could be achieved, remains to be seen even after about Seven decades of Freedom of the country.

Thanks and regards