PDA

View Full Version : My vote is for NaMo, says Anna-aide Kiran Bedi

Prikshit
January 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Hazare-aide-Kiran-Bedi-to-vote-for-Modi/articleshow/28608914.cms

This comes from a person whose credibility is hardly doubted by anyone. She is of the view AAP should perform first and then go National. Current situation demans Modi as the PM candidate.

Pls share views on same

rkumar
January 10th, 2014, 06:23 PM
As of now even I feel that Modi will be better as PM. However, BJP will have to reform and be people centric. Apart from Modi I don't see many leaders in BJP who are people centric and honest. Performance of BJP in MCD is pathetic. I don't mind changing my views towards AAP taking the PM's post if they can prove their governance role in Delhi and throw competent candidates at national level. Clear picture will emerge in next 2-3 months. Congress definitely is a big NO. My vote will go for a strong PM and people centric government.

RK^2

swaich
January 10th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Kiran Bedi's stance is both surprising and unsurprising in a way. She bad mouthed politicians but chose to support a candidate from a conventional party. She was the one who said its fine to target Congress alone and support others.

On question of support to Modi, perhaps she has decided to look beyond 2002. But I do wonder how being a senior ex-policewoman herself she could reconcile with the fact that no riots can go beyond a few hours if the administration doesn't provide support or sits motionless. Well, we'll never know.

krishdel
January 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Kiran Bedi is experienced and well deserved records of working as honest & bold Police Officer.

Samarkadian
January 11th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Kiran Bedi's stance is both surprising and unsurprising in a way. She bad mouthed politicians but chose to support a candidate from a conventional party. She was the one who said its fine to target Congress alone and support others.

On question of support to Modi, perhaps she has decided to look beyond 2002. But I do wonder how being a senior ex-policewoman herself she could reconcile with the fact that no riots can go beyond a few hours if the administration doesn't provide support or sits motionless. Well, we'll never know.

An ambassador, an UN position or a Governor; Jaspreet you will have one out of these if you vote for me as PM next time. Bartering like in old days.

singhvp
January 11th, 2014, 07:07 PM
An ambassador, an UN position or a Governor; Jaspreet you will have one out of these if you vote for me as PM next time. Bartering like in old days.

I think it is a wise move on her part.:)

swaich
January 11th, 2014, 08:59 PM

Sad, if that's the case for Kiran Bedi too. I read her biography back in my engg days. She is a courageous woman. But perhaps this is an error of judgement.

Another interesting aspect is the timing of this support. BJP needed a shot in the arm ever since AAP's star has risen as evident by the lesser media coverage of Modi's speeches and news bytes. I am sure VK Singh and other ex-Anna team mates will come out with their support soon.

singhvp
January 12th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Sad, if that's the case for Kiran Bedi too. I read her biography back in my engg days. She is a courageous woman. But perhaps this is an error of judgement.

Another interesting aspect is the timing of this support. BJP needed a shot in the arm ever since AAP's star has risen as evident by the lesser media coverage of Modi's speeches and news bytes. I am sure VK Singh and other ex-Anna team mates will come out with their support soon.

This is not to doubt her integrity. Also, her contribution to the anti-corruption movement cannot be denied. But, her decision is certainly dintincltively anachronistic to her philosophy and vision of a society free from corruption and religious bigotry. Careerwise, her move may prove to be beneficial to her in the long run, as hinted by Samar, but that would be at the cost of her credibility and image that has been impeccable so far. V.K. Singh's political affiliation is amply clear from day one and there will not be any surprise if he contests election on his party's ticket.
Hope Anna will have no problem with Kiran and VK's joining active politics.

DrRajpalSingh
January 12th, 2014, 06:27 PM

This is ripe time for fence seater politicians and retired bureaucrats to jump into fray of politics as many retired Cops from Haryana have joined AAP; then what is harm if Kiran Bedi and V K Singh also opt for active politics.

DrRajpalSingh
January 12th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Kiran Bedi is experienced and well deserved records of working as honest & bold Police Officer.

Undoubtedly She possesses many merits of head and heart !

swaich
January 12th, 2014, 07:15 PM
This is ripe time for fence seater politicians and retired bureaucrats to jump into fray of politics as many retired Cops from Haryana have joined AAP; then what is harm if Kiran Bedi and V K Singh also opt for active politics.

Well I didn't say its a harm. But the surprise is not the entry into active politics but the chosen vehicle of entry. A conventional corruption ridden party that has itself not fully implemented Janlokpal in all its states, including in Gujarat? I thought those two were the key issues Team Anna was fighting against.

Prikshit
January 13th, 2014, 08:45 AM

She has said it in a very clear manner, that her support is for a stable govt which in current scenarios only BJP can provide. Rahi bat Modi ki to he has got a clean chit, still you have any issues in your mind to you are welcome to endorse them. I never said BJP bahut achi h n all, point is current scenario me sabse best mujhe lag rhi hai so no harm in supporting it.

Prikshit
January 13th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Well I didn't say its a harm. But the surprise is not the entry into active politics but the chosen vehicle of entry. A conventional corruption ridden party that has itself not fully implemented Janlokpal in all its states, including in Gujarat? I thought those two were the key issues Team Anna was fighting against.
Beniwal jo ki governor h ya thi(pls corretct me) wo pakki congressi hai...wahan lokayukta ki niyukti jis tarah se ki ja rhi thi wo political thi.....baaki aap samajdar ho ache se analysis karke bta hi doge

RathiJi
January 13th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Beniwal jo ki governor h ya thi(pls corretct me) wo pakki congressi hai...wahan lokayukta ki niyukti jis tarah se ki ja rhi thi wo political thi.....baaki aap samajdar ho ache se analysis karke bta hi doge

Kamla Beniwal, she is still Guj governer, according to a media report she get her breakfast from a 5 star hotel daily on govt. expense. Well... lets list some more political (pakke Congressi) governers.

Punjab - Shivraj patil
Tamil Nadu - K rossaiah
Rajastahn - Margaret Alva
UK - A Qureshi
Nagaland - Ashwini Kumar ( ex CBI Cheif / well known darling of Congress)

There are many more almost in every state of India. But what amuses me most that people here don't see or know about all these governors and never comment on this practice of Congress. Who knows people are not jumping to AAP to beg lucrative positions ? I am not a supporter of AAP but will not jump into conclusions blindly , In India most of the people join politics for personal gains but some join it for ideology and I believe when it comes to ideology BJP tops the list.

Just remember from past experiences of India no party or individual can survive in front of Congress for long its only ideology which can survive.

Prikshit
January 13th, 2014, 02:35 PM
As of now even I feel that Modi will be better as PM. However, BJP will have to reform and be people centric. Apart from Modi I don't see many leaders in BJP who are people centric and honest. Performance of BJP in MCD is pathetic. I don't mind changing my views towards AAP taking the PM's post if they can prove their governance role in Delhi and throw competent candidates at national level. Clear picture will emerge in next 2-3 months. Congress definitely is a big NO. My vote will go for a strong PM and people centric government.

RK^2
For now they don't have competent rather opportunists are with them. Why not the so called eminent joined them when AAP was formed, now they see that AAP is gaining momentum so they are with them. BJP 100% sahi nhi hai i agree, but BJP ruled states dekho aur baaki dekho, NDA ka 6 saal ka rule dekho aur baaki 60 saal ka, you will see the difference. Puppets nhi baithati BJP. AAP ka sath dena National level pe jaldbaaji hogi. Sir Delhi me abhi tak hype jyada hai kaam kam. Aage scenario change hota hai to hum bhi mind change kar lenge, par hung assembly or 3rd front to Kngress te bhi bekar kam ho jayega

Samarkadian
January 13th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Kamla Beniwal, she is still Guj governer, according to a media report she get her breakfast from a 5 star hotel daily on govt. expense. Well... lets list some more political (pakke Congressi) governers.

Punjab - Shivraj patil
Tamil Nadu - K rossaiah
Rajastahn - Margaret Alva
UK - A Qureshi
Nagaland - Ashwini Kumar ( ex CBI Cheif / well known darling of Congress)

There are many more almost in every state of India. But what amuses me most that people here don't see or know about all these governors and never comment on this practice of Congress. Who knows people are not jumping to AAP to beg lucrative positions ? I am not a supporter of AAP but will not jump into conclusions blindly , In India most of the people join politics for personal gains but some join it for ideology and I believe when it comes to ideology BJP tops the list.

Just remember from past experiences of India no party or individual can survive in front of Congress for long its only ideology which can survive.

Oh yeah! For sure ideologist like Bangaru Laxman ? heh ! Recently there was severe in-fight in Delhi BJP regarding ticket allocation to sons and relatives. Nepotism, any different from Congress or any other political outfit ?

ravinderpannu
January 13th, 2014, 06:10 PM
What is your opinion about 1984 roits and 255 roits in Gujrat form 1955 till the year 2000 ( avg of 5 riots a year)...?

swaich
January 13th, 2014, 07:07 PM
What is your opinion about 1984 roits and 255 roits in Gujrat form 1955 till the year 2000 ( avg of 5 riots a year)...?

My opinion is the same for 2002, 1984, Nellie and all others. Please do read my other posts on these riots wherever they have been discussed. I am not going to regurgitate all that for you again.

swaich
January 13th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Oh yeah! For sure ideologist like Bangaru Laxman ? heh ! Recently there was severe in-fight in Delhi BJP regarding ticket allocation to sons and relatives. Nepotism, any different from Congress or any other political outfit ?

Yedurappa also left BJP due to ideology issues and has come back for the same reason - ideology. Its a pretty flexible and dynamic thing, you know. Keeps changing! :)

ravinderpannu
January 13th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Many in Kangress have done the same for that matter..!!!

Yedurappa also left BJP due to ideology issues and has come back for the same reason - ideology. Its a pretty flexible and dynamic thing, you know. Keeps changing! :)

ravinderpannu
January 13th, 2014, 07:40 PM
good, people should have the same opinion..!!!

My opinion is the same for 2002, 1984, Nellie and all others. Please do read my other posts on these riots wherever they have been discussed. I am not going to regurgitate all that for you again.

desijat
January 13th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Modi promised he will bring back black money, he did fulfill it - brought back Yeddurappa :applause:

desijat
January 13th, 2014, 10:22 PM
She has said it in a very clear manner, that her support is for a stable govt which in current scenarios only BJP can provide.

How did you reach that conclusion? Congress or UPA has given a stable government for past 10 years- so easy to disregard that?

swaich
January 13th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Many in Kangress have done the same for that matter..!!!

Precisely my point. That is why both the parties are two sides of the same coin.

Prikshit
January 14th, 2014, 10:06 AM
How did you reach that conclusion? Congress or UPA has given a stable government for past 10 years- so easy to disregard that?
Stable this lekin desh me stability la nhi payi :) as simple as that.

desijat
January 14th, 2014, 10:12 AM

If I go by the propogated agenda online, then you make sense but if I apply my logical thinking to it then no.

anilsangwan
January 14th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Seems you forgot the recent election results of 4 states :-) Koye na, May 2014 is very near - apply your logical thinking then !

If I go by the propogated agenda online, then you make sense but if I apply my logical thinking to it then no.

DrRajpalSingh
January 14th, 2014, 10:19 AM

In fact, People want progress all inclusive development and not status quo/stability only.

desijat
January 14th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Populism should not be mistaken for the only thing right for country.

India needs a government that will cut subsidies, make fair tax regime and that govt who takes these steps in the interest of the country will never be voted back to power- but that doesnt mean they didnt do the right thing.

Seems you forgot the recent election results of 4 states :-) Koye na, May 2014 is very near !

anilsangwan
January 14th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Good to see that the blindfolded Congress supporters have now realised that they need to discuss real issues and not the "secular" - "non secular" / Gujrat 2002 etc ka ratta rattaya raag as citizens of India have rejected this propaganda of congress.

Btw, Congress govt is still playing with the peace of this country for few votes. Home Minister Shinde has again advocated the special consideration of Muslim youth caught in jails. Shame Shame !!!

India needs a government that will cut subsidies, make fair tax regime and that govt who takes these steps in the interest of the country will never be voted back to power- but that doesnt mean they didnt do the right thing.

desijat
January 14th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I dont think I have ever debated on only secularism, dont know about blindfolded congress supporters.

Even Mr. Modi is wearing shervanis, having muslims on stage for appeasement, changed his stance on 370.. but I guess you are more blindfolded than a congress supporter to see it.

Good to see that the blindfolded Congress supporters have now realised that they need to discuss real issues and not the "secular" - "non secular" / Gujrat 2002 etc ka ratta rattaya raag as citizens of India have rejected this propaganda of congress.

Btw, Congress govt is still playing with the peace of this country for few votes. Home Minister Shinde has again advocated the special consideration of Muslim youth caught in jails. Shame Shame !!!

RathiJi
January 14th, 2014, 10:41 AM
I dont think I have ever debated on only secularism, dont know about blindfolded congress supporters.

Even Mr. Modi is wearing shervanis, having muslims on stage for appeasement, changed his stance on 370.. but I guess you are more blindfolded than a congress supporter to see it.

I am not very much sure like you regarding what Modi wears but wearing sherwani or inviting muslims is as same as interfering in law of the land for muslim appeasement ?

RathiJi
January 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM

No one can deny that BJP have had it's share of corrupt individuals & even individualistic nepotism. Well, if you were not adamant in just opposing anyhow you would have understood the wider gap between Congress & BJP. The recent example of party ideology & working principle came when Modi anointed as PM candidate because of cadres choice unlike Congress where you know very well. When we talk about BJP we talk about corrupt individuals but when we talk about Congress we talk about corrupt , rotten family institution.

An institution is like a tree many leaves grow but some fall early as they are rotten. The BJP tree is very much intact & fresh.

anilsangwan
January 14th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Wearing Sherwani is equivalent to let the terrorist minded criminals provide a soft stand? Kya bakwaas hai desi ! Dular saab ke posts ko bhi peechhe chhod diya tumne....

Shinde ka favor karne ke liye aur kuchh nahi mila to Modi ke kapdon se link kar diya.... Waise congress ki aadat hai .... Salman Khurshid ne bhi to Sonia ko poore desh ki mummy bana diya tha !! Chaaploos kahi ke !!

spdeshwal
January 14th, 2014, 11:15 AM
If we can give any credibility to this survey then AAP is going to pick up more momentum in the coming weeks! people are going to change opinions and loyalties in the coming months. I believe if AAP is coming in visible race then even people like Kiran Bedi might change their opinion and stance!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/coverage/myindia-myvote/chunk-ht-ui-myindiamyvote-countdownto2014/aap-to-gobble-up-cong-votes-in-delhi-mumbai-abp-nielsen-survey/sp-article10-1172608.aspx

cheers!

RathiJi
January 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Paving a way for back door entry of Congress as usual . If they are really interested in doing some good work they have gigantic task of Delhi in front of them.

anilsangwan
January 14th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Modi promised he will bring back black money, he did fulfill it - brought back Yeddurappa :applause:

..........तेरे तो मोदी लड़ रा स कसूत ! इब के इलाज इस बात का तो ....! ले "जयंती टॅक्स" के बारे में पढ़.... :livid: :livid: !!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/70-projects-worth-Rs-1-5-lakh-crore-okayed-after-Natarajans-exit-from-MoEF/articleshow/28762384.cms

Prikshit
January 14th, 2014, 04:55 PM
..........तेरे तो मोदी लड़ रा स कसूत ! इब के इलाज इस बात का तो ....! ले "जयंती टॅक्स" के बारे में पढ़.... :livid: :livid: !!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/70-projects-worth-Rs-1-5-lakh-crore-okayed-after-Natarajans-exit-from-MoEF/articleshow/28762384.cms
Bhai in bhaiya ne 8 December saare saans bhule the, haanga si saans aya se tu aur tax ka nam leke kangress ki maati peetan lag gya...AAP aa gyi te in ne debate ki bat tha rhi se....na te issa hoga tha na te thayi ja na dhari ja

desijat
January 14th, 2014, 09:05 PM

फेर वही जाट कि साइकिल कि चैन आर बहमन कि छोरी भागन वाली वाली बात - जयंती टैक्स से येदुरप्पा ईमानदार हो गया? या मोदी नेक आदमी हो गया उस चोर को वापस ला के ?

Prikshit
January 16th, 2014, 11:36 AM
फेर वही जाट कि साइकिल कि चैन आर बहमन कि छोरी भागन वाली वाली बात - जयंती टैक्स से येदुरप्पा ईमानदार हो गया? या मोदी नेक आदमी हो गया उस चोर को वापस ला के ?

Bade choro ko line pe laane ke liye chote choro ka sath lene me current scenario me bura nhi hai. Netikta ki bat karna atleast kangress ke muh se achi nhi lagti.

rohittewatia
January 16th, 2014, 10:21 PM
It is a wise choice not to support AAP this time! They have Delhi in their hands...rather than claiming incapability or giving excuses. They should accept the challenge & prove themself! Modi election jeetega tobhi 5 saal key liye hi baneyga. Tum pehle Delhi ko Singapore banao, apne aap ko prove karro fir Desh ki kamaan ki baat karro. AAP is not a national level party. Saabh naye naye bache hen, Kon itna agyani houga jo Desh ki kamaan inh Nausikhiyon key haath men dey deyga!

singhvp
January 17th, 2014, 04:32 AM
आज तो मैडम लिक्क्साणी (embarassed) हो के गई सै CNN-IBN के INDIA@9 प्रोग्राम पर तैं i AAP के आशुतोष अग्रवाल नै betrayal का आरोप लगाते हुए यह कह दिया की मैं किरण बेदी की इज्ज़त करता हूँ पर मेरे पास उनके बारे में कहने के लिए बहुत कुछ है--- बगैरा बगैरा I बेदी ने कहा था कि AAP के कुछ नेताओं को आंदोलन के समय से ही टीवी पर आने का बहुत चश्का है तो आशुतोष ने कह दिया कि सबसे ज्यादा तो आप ही आती थी उन दिनों में I थोड़ा embarassing था मैडम के लिए I वैसे किरण जी महिला बहुत अच्छी हैं, परन्तु frustration और भटकाव तो किसी को भी हो सकता है I

desijat
January 17th, 2014, 04:52 AM
Look at NDTV- Kiran Bedi took him to task and he got one on one in an insulting way with Captain Gopinath

आज तो मैडम लिक्क्साणी (embarassed) हो के गई सै CNN-IBN के INDIA@9 प्रोग्राम पर तैं i AAP के आशुतोष अग्रवाल नै betrayal का आरोप लगाते हुए यह कह दिया की मैं किरण बेदी की इज्ज़त करता हूँ पर मेरे पास उनके बारे में कहने के लिए बहुत कुछ है--- बगैरा बगैरा I बेदी ने कहा था कि AAP के कुछ नेताओं को आंदोलन के समय से ही टीवी पर आने का बहुत चश्का है तो आशुतोष ने कह दिया कि सबसे ज्यादा तो आप ही आती थी उन दिनों में I थोड़ा embarassing था मैडम के लिए I वैसे किरण जी महिला बहुत अच्छी हैं, परन्तु frustration और भटकाव तो किसी को भी हो सकता है I

singhvp
January 17th, 2014, 05:20 AM
look at ndtv- kiran bedi took him to task and he got one on one in an insulting way with captain gopinath

साची बात पै गुस्सा तो आ जाया करै माणस नै i आशुतोष की गलती सै, साची अर कड़वी बात कहण का के बख़त रह रह्या सै भाई i मैडम का गुस्सा ज़ायज़ है i गोपीचंद की भी गलती सै, इसनै आपणे विचार पार्टी फोरम मैं रखणे चाहियें थे i यो चढ़ते ही ढाण हो लिया (यानि ऊँट पर बैठते ही साथ ऊँट को तेज़ दौड़ा दिया). यो रातों रात नेता बणना चाहवै था, थोड़ी थमास तो हर काम मै जरूरी होया करै i

Prikshit
January 17th, 2014, 04:39 PM
साची बात पै गुस्सा तो आ जाया करै माणस नै i आशुतोष की गलती सै, साची अर कड़वी बात कहण का के बख़त रह रह्या सै भाई i मैडम का गुस्सा ज़ायज़ है i गोपीचंद की भी गलती सै, इसनै आपणे विचार पार्टी फोरम मैं रखणे चाहियें थे i यो चढ़ते ही ढाण हो लिया (यानि ऊँट पर बैठते ही साथ ऊँट को तेज़ दौड़ा दिया). यो रातों रात नेता बणना चाहवै था, थोड़ी थमास तो हर काम मै जरूरी होया करै i
Sir, yahi to problem hai AAP aala ke sath, thoda time le sensible bat kare, questions elude na kare. Camera ke liye kam na kare. Me apne yahan ka bta rha hun(itne postar baaki patry supporters ke na hai jitne ticket ke davedar mhare aade te hore hai) Opportunist hona achi bat hai, par desh ko isse kya fayda ho rha hai? Mere hisab se AAP se ek hi fayda hai ki har party cautious ho gyi hai candidate selection ko leke.