PDA

View Full Version : Save the last dance for me

bls31
January 21st, 2014, 06:12 PM
SAVE THE LAST DANCE FOR ME

It is a cold murky night of early January. Out side there is a mild drizzle accompanied with occasional flashes of lightening and rumblings from the thick canopy of clouds.

Inside, the halogen heater is fighting a loosing battle with the cold creeping in through the thick woollens wrapping me. The blank screen of the TV, with the cable on blink is doing its bit in adding to the gloom of the room.

With nothing much to keep me occupied and provide company, I fall on my small collection of DVDs and pull out the VCD with the nearly twenty year’s old cam cord recordings of our visit to Dehradun

I push the VCD in the player’s slot and with a couple of buttons pressed on the two remotes the screen lights up bight and colourful with the scene of my daughter and son -in- law, on a short visit from USA, having breakfast on the lawn of the bungalow of Kumars on that early January morning . The seen dissolves in to the ext shot

with Jeet, my late wife, of twenty years back in time, recently recovered from the after effects of chemotherapy, at the dinner thrown by her sister, bright , cheerful and happy , exchanging words with and moving from guest to guest.

The shot dissolves once again with Jeet and me dancing, to the recorded music from the Sony three-in one, with sheer abandon and pure joy visible on our faces.

The two of us , Jeet looking as pretty as ever, with her fetching short hair style dressed in a blue salwar suit and wearing her favourite pearls, with, in open shirt and blue blazer, complimenting her did make an ideal couple on the floor.

For a moment I am lost in the moment, being relieved on the screen, reliving the moment.

With the short clip over the screen goes blank, leaving me with a lingering pain, while remembering the feeling of joy experienced during those short moments.

It was so real and closes on the screen yet so far in real life.

Yes she had really saved her last dance for me; it was our last dance together: sadly we never dance again.

The room now feels gloomier with the mirage vanishing that I had experienced a few moments back.

bls31

swaich
January 21st, 2014, 10:24 PM
Beautiful words, Brig sahb. May your late wife rest in peace.

narenderkharb
January 22nd, 2014, 04:45 AM
Lot of love and pain interwoven in beautiful words.