PDA

View Full Version : racism in Australia

sandeepsomu
February 5th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Sabne Ram Ram,

this question is for those people who are/were living in the Australia.

After spending 11 years in the UK we have given up on its weather and planning to move to Australia for good (on PR visa). I have heard a lot about racism issues there so I thought to start this thread on Jatland to get first hand experience. We both are professionals (IT) with 2 small kids if that makes any difference.

Please share your experience/views. It will be great help to us in drawing our future plans.

regards,
Sandeep Ola

desijat
February 5th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Ram Ram,

Any specific reason for choosing Australia, just curious?

cooljat
February 5th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Bhai there's no racism in Australia at all. Those attacks were just random ones but our great media always good in cooking stories. I'm here in Perth for more than 2 years now and never felt any sort of racism.. People here are very simple, laid back and warm hearted. If u ask any person for any sort of help and they will be more than happy to help you out. Australia is like a big urban village and people are little like Jats - upfront, frank, clear but good hearted.

Weather is splendid and quality of life here certainly is no #1 and to add you ll luv working culture too. Nobody pushes you or standing on your back, beers in offices on weekend.

if you luv sports, cold beer, bright sun and less crowd .. Oz is for you.

ps- Aussies are lil racists towards britishers. They call them POME ( prisoners of mother england) cuz' they come here and complain n' whine about weather.

If you need anymore info flick me a email.

cheers
Jit

spdeshwal
February 5th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Bhai Sandeep,

I live in Melbourne for the last 6+ years after living for 7 years in Auckland and enjoying every minute of it!
I agree with Jit in total! One thing for sure that people are less courteous than NewZealand!
There were some incident, mostly in Melbourne but not related to any kind of racism!
Mostly young people working late night/ returning from work etc. were involved. Main reasons were phone snatching/ looting of personal belongings etc.
Overall, they were cases of unfortunate young people at wrong place at wrong time!
So have no paranoia and pack your bags!

Cheers!

DrRajpalSingh
February 5th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Bhai Sandeep,

I live in Melbourne for the last 6+ years after living for 7 years in Auckland and enjoying every minute of it!
I agree with Jit in total! One thing for sure that people are less courteous than NewZealand!
There were some incident, mostly in Melbourne but not related to any kind of racism!
Mostly young people working late night/ returning from work etc. were involved. Main reasons were phone snatching/ looting of personal belongings etc.
Overall, they were cases of unfortunate young people at wrong place at wrong time!
So have no paranoia and pack your bags!

Cheers!

Balanced and realistic point of view !

anilsangwan
February 5th, 2014, 11:34 AM
भाई संदीप, IT की जॉब में घणा नहीं पर 14-15 देशा में गया सु..... अमरीका, स्वीडन बर्गे देश भी देखे आर नाइजीरिया बर्गे भी ..... सब तें बढिया देश लाग्या मेने तो ऑस्ट्रेलिया। आर बाकी सब भाईया ने जो उपर लिखी सें वै साची बात सें ! मैं भी 2010 में ऑस्ट्रेलिया आया तो मैं भी ये इसी इसी रिपोर्ट पढ़ के चिंता मान रा था ...... लेकिन कोय Racism कोणी ..... सब इंडियन मीडीया ने फालतू की रिपोर्टिंग कर राखी सें !!! आंख मीच के पहुंच जा ऑस्ट्रेलिया !!
Sabne Ram Ram,this question is for those people who are/were living in the Australia. After spending 11 years in the UK we have given up on its weather and planning to move to Australia for good (on PR visa). I have heard a lot about racism issues there so I thought to start this thread on Jatland to get first hand experience. We both are professionals (IT) with 2 small kids if that makes any difference.Please share your experience/views. It will be great help to us in drawing our future plans.regards,Sandeep Ola

anilsangwan
February 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Ram Ram,Any specific reason for choosing Australia, just curious?Weather ... likh to raakha s reason Sandeep ne !!!

shivamchaudhary
February 5th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Many of my IBM colleague are moved to Australia and they reported nothing about any racism which they may have faced or witnessed. They are quite happy there and enjoying good living.

Best wishes.

desijat
February 5th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Weather to Texas ka bhi bhadiya hai, income tax free state ;) Jobs are plenty too. so just trying to compare other stuff

Weather ... likh to raakha s reason Sandeep ne !!!

anilsangwan
February 5th, 2014, 12:54 PM
..... sahi logic hai !! Green Card milega wahan ka jaise Aus ne de diya hai Sandeep ko ? Lagwata ho to 4-5 candidate main bhi bheju Desi !

Weather to Texas ka bhi bhadiya hai, income tax free state ;) Jobs are plenty too. so just trying to compare other stuff

desijat
February 5th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Immigration is the only issue with US, tougher than other countries.

..... sahi logic hai !! Green Card milega wahan ka jaise Aus ne de diya hai Sandeep ko ? Lagwata ho to 4-5 candidate main bhi bheju Desi !

anilsangwan
February 5th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Yes, so now you have 2 known reasons. Rest from Sandeep bhai...

Immigration is the only issue with US, tougher than other countries.

sandeepsomu
February 5th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Sabne bahut bahut dhanyawad.

It has calmed down my nerve a lot. Its big decision for me especially when we have settled job, life and home in uk. The one and only reason for leaving UK is its weather else its really nice country. Being a British national we are free to live in 27 European countries without any restriction but couldn't find any English speak country with lots of sunshine.

US is good but Australia is more flexible in immigration at the moment.

Once again many thanks for feedback, I start the process now. If every thing goes well, aap logo ki phir jarurat padegi ..