PDA

View Full Version : Arent these so called marathon races" run for xxx" wastage of resources,time & money?

nain1986
February 27th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Aren't these so called Marathon races like "Run for this and Run for that " a wastage of resources and Money, which can be used to help the needy, especially in developing country like ours which is facing problems of poverty and Malnutrition?

well last time there was a marathon called run for India just few months back, now recently again there was a Night Marathon in Surat.And also series of such marathons happens in our nation.Well aren't these marathons just the political prowess show off and are for political gain???
Well why don't instead of running and wasting time,energy,resources in such marathon, cant these marathon runners go to slums and feed malnutrioned children as our country is holding top ranking in this field.And help the needy ones who if offered a little care can survive and make their life better.
Well just imagine those lakhs of people running for marathon, if go out for helping, atleast feeding malnutrioned kids and giving basic medical care and basic needs to the poor ones make a real change??

desijat
February 27th, 2014, 09:04 PM
A lot of marathons are not a waste of resources, they encourage people to live healthy and raise money for good causes. I am unsure how it is now done in India, but in US every marathon has a fee which is usually paid by offices to encourage people to run. That sum is always used for a cause.

nain1986
February 27th, 2014, 09:34 PM
A lot of marathons are not a waste of resources, they encourage people to live healthy and raise money for good causes. I am unsure how it is now done in India, but in US every marathon has a fee which is usually paid by offices to encourage people to run. That sum is always used for a cause.

My question is related to India, and in India most of Marathons are called by politicians to support their cause and are free of cost.Such things dont effect developed countries because their citizens dont suffer from deficiency of basic necessities

rekhasmriti
February 27th, 2014, 09:38 PM
" US every marathon has a fee which is usually paid by offices"

Yahan bhi aisa hi hota hai ( nakal toh achi kar hi lete hai hum ) . Creates a Brand Image as well . Sum ka clue nahi ......kehte toh hai kissi cause ke liye hai .

desijat
February 27th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I dont see no harm if they happen in India too. If nothing then they encourage people to run which is good for health, specially in cities.

And read this:

"Airtel Delhi Half Marathon has assumed a stature of eminence, being the largest single charity and philanthropic sporting event in India. Each year, more than 60 NGOs participate in the event and raise funds for their respective organizations. Many participants use the event as a reason to give back to their society and the underprivileged. The charity aspect is well regulated and hence, serves as an assurance to prospective donors."

My question is related to India, and in India most of Marathons are called by politicians to support their cause and are free of cost.Such things dont effect developed countries because their citizens dont suffer from deficiency of basic necessities

nain1986
February 27th, 2014, 09:55 PM
I dont see no harm if they happen in India too. If nothing then they encourage people to run which is good for health, specially in cities.

And read this:

"Airtel Delhi Half Marathon has assumed a stature of eminence, being the largest single charity and philanthropic sporting event in India. Each year, more than 60 NGOs participate in the event and raise funds for their respective organizations. Many participants use the event as a reason to give back to their society and the underprivileged. The charity aspect is well regulated and hence, serves as an assurance to prospective donors."

I can understand your noble cause for marathons, but here in India it dosen't work this way
What it benefited most is marketing of Airtel, what abt the expenses in arrangements made for it???Also direct aid is much effective thats why i have written "Well just imagine those lakhs of people running for marathon, if go out for helping, atleast feeding malnutrioned kids and giving basic medical care and basic needs to the poor ones make a real change??"

desijat
February 27th, 2014, 09:57 PM
If only it was easy to take out money out of people's pocket, we would not have events like marathons

I can understand your noble cause for marathons, but here in India it dosen't work this way
What it benefited most is marketing of Airtel, what abt the expenses in arrangements made for it???Also direct aid is much effective thats why i have written "Well just imagine those lakhs of people running for marathon, if go out for helping, atleast feeding malnutrioned kids and giving basic medical care and basic needs to the poor ones make a real change??"

nain1986
February 27th, 2014, 10:24 PM
If only it was easy to take out money out of people's pocket, we would not have events like marathons

well 3 months before there was marathon" Run for India", day before yesterday there was again a "night Marathon" and they were in no sense related to charity both were only meant for political causes
And for picking money from the pockets, we have very good facility called INCOME TAX
also i have clearly stated "well last time there was a marathon called run for India just few months back, now recently again there was a Night Marathon in Surat.And also series of such marathons happens in our nation.Well aren't these marathons just the political prowess show off and are for political gain???" that i have problem with marathons related to political causes....