PDA

View Full Version : An Appeal to Furnish address and Photograph

DrRajpalSingh
March 5th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Friend,

This is to bring to the kind notice of all the members of the Site that compliance of identification of members is necessary. For this purpose full address along with copy of passport size photograph may be added immediately to one's profile. Those who have already done so, may ignore this note.

Thanks and regards

desijat
March 7th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Rajpal Ji,

I am not sure how passport photo or address will help us remove spam as it can be faked.

I would rather suggest asking people to add LinkedIn profiles/Facebook instead of address. Additionally we may also look at adding Facebook API or LinkedIn API for easy logging in, and verification. Details are below:
Facebook API: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/
LinkedIn API: http://developer.linkedin.com/documents/sign-linkedin

Friend,

This is to bring to the kind notice of all the members of the Site that compliance of identification of members is necessary. For this purpose full address along with copy of passport size photograph may be added immediately to one's profile. Those who have already done so, may ignore this note.

Thanks and regards

pawandahiya
March 8th, 2014, 05:41 AM
And why should we disclose our address on a social networking website? What is the guarantee that it won't be misused by hackers?

Verifying member details are fine, but asking for address is a little too much IMHO.

rekhasmriti
March 8th, 2014, 08:15 PM
And Consequences of Identification Compliance Violation ........would be.............

rskankara
March 8th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Vikas, I think, this is a workable solution..... or Fake means every where fake....

Rajpal Ji,

I am not sure how passport photo or address will help us remove spam as it can be faked.

I would rather suggest asking people to add LinkedIn profiles/Facebook instead of address. Additionally we may also look at adding Facebook API or LinkedIn API for easy logging in, and verification. Details are below:

ssgoyat
March 11th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Rajpalji, fake ki kaalli na manno..

Itihaas arr purane member gawah sein aade.... fake profile alyan ke thyaate shaat, ki dhaal latte padya karein yhaade.:boxing:

DrRajpalSingh
March 11th, 2014, 06:49 PM
And Consequences of Identification Compliance Violation ........would be.............

Good question.

I am told : Site Membership Ban !!!!!

DrRajpalSingh
March 11th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Rajpal Ji,

These and many more methods may be considered but verifiable identity is a must, so I am directed to convey to all valued members of the site.

What necessitated it :

Some of the members have left location ------blank------ or written Hindustan/Europe or Janpath etc.

This is not sufficient information.

For verification it is necessary for the site management to have tangible information.

desijat
March 11th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I dont know how it helps but I have updated mine- no more amrika.

I would still say if we can integrate ourselves with Facebook, LinkedIn we can get locations and display pictures easily.

These and many more methods may be considered but verifiable identity is a must, so I am directed to convey to all valued members of the site.

What necessitated it :

Some of the members have left location ------blank------ or written Hindustan/Europe or Janpath etc.

For verification it is necessary for the site management to have tangible information.

Samarkadian
March 11th, 2014, 10:29 PM

What necessitated it :

Gaon- Majra ( Dubhaldhan), Tehsil Beri, House no-104, Paana- Bimyaan.

I know you selectively picked it from my profile. Let me know if you need something else like father, grand father's name, my height, weight or my tongue or retina print, killo ki farad etc etc. Relax now!!

desijat
March 12th, 2014, 12:30 AM
But what if you travel often?

I know you selectively picked it from my profile. Let me know if you need something else like father, grand father's name, my height, weight or my tongue or retina print, killo ki farad etc etc. Relax now!!

rekhasmriti
March 12th, 2014, 06:12 AM
"Good question.

I am told : Site Membership Ban !!!!!"

Ji Swaal toh kitne puchwa lo ......" I Am told " .....so this is not part of some Compliance document etc rather was instructed

Anyways What would be last date of updating this Personal Information ......To be very Precise .....I am seriously not Comfortable sharing my Personal Information ( that too address ) to anyone who I do not know personally .

Also one more Curious question .......if any of this information would be misused in any form by anyone via JL .......who would be taking ONUS for same and who would be held accountable for it .......
JL ADMIN OR JL MEMBERS

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 08:47 AM

Friend,

Your presumption is ill-founded as you mistook the meaning/purpose of the post with example. So kindly read it again as it does not ask for your personal data !

You are a very senior honourable member of the site and also wiki moderator for a long time.

But I am pained to state that instead of appealing to the members of the site to cooperate on the issue, you have taken offence on the issue without any valid reason. Not furnishing the required information is for those who have not done it earlier.

N.B.

The last two lines are undesirable because these only display your hurt ego and nothing else, so you are requested to edit them please !

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I dont know how it helps but I have updated mine- no more amrika.

I would still say if we can integrate ourselves with Facebook, LinkedIn we can get locations and display pictures easily.

Thanks for providing a verifiable alternative way.

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 08:52 AM
But what if you travel often?

Friend, You know very well that permanent address remains same under such conditions.

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 08:59 AM
"Good question.

I am told : Site Membership Ban !!!!!"

Ji Swaal toh kitne puchwa lo ......" I Am told " .....so this is not part of some Compliance document etc rather was instructed

Anyways What would be last date of updating this Personal Information ......To be very Precise .....I am seriously not Comfortable sharing my Personal Information ( that too address ) to anyone who I do not know personally .

Also one more Curious question .......if any of this information would be misused in any form by anyone via JL .......who would be taking ONUS for same and who would be held accountable for it .......
JL ADMIN OR JL MEMBERS

All the members including yourself could read conditions to be fulfilled by members and the site policy :http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?21490-Member-Agreement-PLEASE-READ

ssgoyat
March 12th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Friend,

Thanks and regards

Questions
1. But how this compliance can deal the validation part that the full address and passport size photograph is not a fake one, the purpose of which is projected as "necessary identification of members".

I hope Rajpalji might not come up with another idea to email him a scanned self attested copy of listed photo identity cum adress proof id and then put a tag alongwith profile name as "Validated".

2. How can JL safeguard personal information like 'Passport size photograph". Eg. One can right click & save (RS Kankaraji's or Rajendra Kumar Kalkhandeji's or Col Prem Singh Sangwan, Sanjeev Balyan, Anurag Sunda, Laxman Burdak) picture and misuse it in obtaining a mobile sim/firearm liscense etc.

Disclaimer: I'm totally against putting a PP size photograph, and request members to remove them from their profiles (a few names i mentioned above) and rather put the one's which are non-standard photographs (like Samar, Prikshit, Prashant, vikas dhankhar, phool kumar)

rskankara
March 12th, 2014, 05:13 PM
True.... lesson learned..... always better to use non-standard size photographs... , thanks...

Questions
1. But how this compliance can deal the validation part that the full address and passport size photograph is not a fake one, the purpose of which is projected as "necessary identification of members".

I hope Rajpalji might not come up with another idea to email him a scanned self attested copy of listed photo identity cum adress proof id and then put a tag alongwith profile name as "Validated".

2. How can JL safeguard personal information like 'Passport size photograph". Eg. One can right click & save (RS Kankaraji's or Rajendra Kumar Kalkhandeji's or Col Prem Singh Sangwan, Sanjeev Balyan, Anurag Sunda, Laxman Burdak) picture and misuse it in obtaining a mobile sim/firearm liscense etc.

Disclaimer: I'm totally against putting a PP size photograph, and request members to remove them from their profiles (a few names i mentioned above) and rather put the one's which are non-standard photographs (like Samar, Prikshit, Prashant, vikas dhankhar, phool kumar)

bharti
March 12th, 2014, 05:39 PM
For a long time, participation/membership was going too slow here on Jatland.
Now with the Lok Sabha elections round the corner, I see more logins here and more people participating.
With these new directives what do we want to achieve? Restrict the membership or what? Why?

I had been a Mod/Admin for close to 5 years and in those years too there were fakes/trolls coming in but they could easily be identified and banned.
What is the problem now?
Why this sudden urge to furnish all these details?
I too would have to give a second thought to this.

Reason : Sometime back I had put up the profile of my niece in the Matrimonial section and had mentioned my mobile number as well to contact.
I received a call from some Matrimonial Service Provider from Gurgaon and when I inquired the female calling where she got my number from, she told they bought data from some company!
I did not put my number there to receive such unsolicited calls. It was there only for some serious response from compatible Jat match.

So, I am not for furnishing my details here on the site.

regards,
bharti.

Samarkadian
March 12th, 2014, 05:44 PM
For a long time, participation/membership was going too slow here on Jatland.
Now with the Lok Sabha elections round the corner, I see more logins here and more people participating.
With these new directives what do we want to achieve? Restrict the membership or what? Why?

I had been a Mod/Admin for close to 5 years and in those years too there were fakes/trolls coming in but they could easily be identified and banned.
What is the problem now?
Why this sudden urge to furnish all these details?
I too would have to give a second thought to this.

Reason : Sometime back I had put up the profile of my niece in the Matrimonial section and had mentioned my mobile number as well to contact.
I received a call from some Matrimonial Service Provider from Gurgaon and when I inquired the female calling where she got my number from, she told they bought data from some company!
I did not put my number there to receive such unsolicited calls. It was there only for some serious response from compatible Jat match.

So, I am not for furnishing my details here on the site.

regards,
bharti.

To add to it, website format has tab for LOCATION, not for address.

Providing a phone number in phone number tab is more troublesome for female members. It shall not be visible in profile.

Samarkadian
March 12th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Friend,

Your presumption is ill-founded as you mistook the meaning/purpose of the post with example. So kindly read it again as it does not ask for your personal data !

You are a very senior honourable member of the site and also wiki moderator for a long time.

But I am pained to state that instead of appealing to the members of the site to cooperate on the issue, you have taken offence on the issue without any valid reason. Not furnishing the required information is for those who have not done it earlier.

N.B.

The last two lines are undesirable because these only display your hurt ego and nothing else, so you are requested to edit them please !

I have provided tangible information which necessitated your appeal. That was in-fact cooperating you instead of inflicting pain to you. Ain't it? If it is paining then deal with it. Its on your discretion as an editor now to edit those lines. I am not going to edit it as it was hurting. I am quite younger to you so I am prone to make ill-presumptions.

rekhasmriti
March 12th, 2014, 06:04 PM
" :http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...nt-PLEASE-READ (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?21490-Member-Agreement-PLEASE-READ)"

Dr Sahab .......just few things observed in above mentioned so called Policy :

--------
1- “By using this service, you have agreed that you will not:

* Post any material that is knowingly false”
 Information is not FALSE not detailed – Agreed

2- invasive of a person's privacy
 Forcing ( sort of ) somebody to disclose personal details like Address & Picture – Violation in itself .

3- “We reserve the right to monitor and/or disclose all user activity on the site, including but not limited to posts, profile information, and private messages.”
 Here Goes Onus & Accountability that information shared can be Public Anytime .

4- “We reserve the exclusive right to remove or ban any member found to have multiple accounts or providing fake account information”
 Again Information shared is not fake – not detailed - Agreed

Anyways may be I m not literate enough ......but I do not see any thing which says.....share picture and address - else Profile would be declared fake and so banned.

==========================
I have just received a Warning ( which I was so waiting for ) "
Dear rekhasmriti,

You have received a warning at Jatland Forums.

Reason:
-------
Invalid Profile Info/Signature ( I guess we understand the difference between Invalid / Fake AND Incomplete Info )

Non supply of information would lead to further award of infraction points and even invite ban.
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Jatland Forums"

rekhasmriti
March 12th, 2014, 06:06 PM
" What would be last date of updating this Personal Information"

Sir .....is Swaal ka jawab to de dijiye ...

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 08:03 PM
" What would be last date of updating this Personal Information"

Sir .....is Swaal ka jawab to de dijiye ...

At the earliest possible !

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I have provided tangible information which necessitated your appeal. That was in-fact cooperating you instead of inflicting pain to you. Ain't it? If it is paining then deal with it. Its on your discretion as an editor now to edit those lines. I am not going to edit it as it was hurting. I am quite younger to you so I am prone to make ill-presumptions.

Under the circumstances let us forget and forgive. Kindly move on !

desijat
March 12th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Rajpal Ji,

My permanent address is my village, I have grown up in Delhi and have been living in US for past 3 years, if I put in my permanent address would not that be disguising members and adding confusion?
Friend, You know very well that permanent address remains same under such conditions.

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Rajpal Ji,

My permanent address is my village, I have grown up in Delhi and have been living in US for past 3 years, if I put in my permanent address would not that be disguising members and adding confusion?

You are free to quote both addresses in this case !

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 08:51 PM
" :http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...nt-PLEASE-READ (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?21490-Member-Agreement-PLEASE-READ)"

Dr Sahab .......just few things observed in above mentioned so called Policy :

--------
...........Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Jatland Forums"

This is the policy of the site and is self explanatory; please also note that it is not 'so called policy' !

cooljat
March 12th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I'm not going to add my full address, phone no and passport photo. Period.

rakeshsehrawat
March 12th, 2014, 09:11 PM

What kinda Bull$hit demand this is?
क्यूँ दुःखी हो रहया है जीतू तेरी फोटू देखन का चा किसे के कोणी !बाकि ये जानकारी प्रोफाइल में दी ही होती है अगर कोई नहीं बताना चाहता है वो उसकी अपनी इच्छा है ! इंटरनेट पर बिना चेहरे के दोस्त ही होते हैं उन्हें उनके विचारो से जाना जाता है नाकि चेहरो से !

DrRajpalSingh
March 12th, 2014, 09:21 PM

Your profile information is already complete !!

Samarkadian
March 12th, 2014, 11:10 PM
All the members including yourself could read conditions to be fulfilled by members and the site policy :http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?21490-Member-Agreement-PLEASE-READ

Members are not for policy but policy is for members. It should be user friendly, amicable and secure. If it is not, then change it.

DrRajpalSingh
March 13th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Members are not for policy but policy is for members. It should be user friendly, amicable and secure. If it is not, then change it.

The present policy is working smoothly.

pankajpotaliya
May 8th, 2014, 10:09 PM
suppose i entered all da ino as asked by you ......what mechanism mods will be using to investigate verify over 20000 members......i know the answer its none ............my suggestion will be to take it easy and believe in all the jatlanders instead of your single centered actions,we will report the mods for any suspicious profile which can be identified by most of us by analizing there posts.after all this site is bout bhaichara and we very well can do job of helping you out collectively in your overburdened volunteered job.
Bregards
Friend,

Thanks and regards

neel6318
August 22nd, 2017, 07:27 PM
Friend,

Thanks and regards

I am not able to change my dull photograph now :-(

lrburdak
August 23rd, 2017, 10:48 PM
You can upload a new image. That will be visible in a few days.

neel6318
August 24th, 2017, 03:35 PM
You can upload a new image. That will be visible in a few days. karke dekha, nahi hoti change

lrburdak
September 23rd, 2017, 09:59 AM
Neelamji you are now in new image !