PDA

View Full Version : Request to start a Special forum for Women

saurabhjaglan
March 27th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Hello Moderators / Owner,

This is just a Polite suggestion from my side to consider on :
1. Starting special Forum on women issues only. We can name it as women corner or something like that..
2. only the women moderators should be given privileges to manage or maintain those threads.
3. After this we can request Volunteers - Subject matter expertise women / man / NGO personnel to be a part of it to give their suggestions here.

We can consider different issues : Diff (Health / Education / marital issues based / NRI helpline for women ) Gvt schemes for women etc tc..

My suggestions are just a polite request , rest the senior members, mentors can decide better..

Thanks,
Saurabh Jaglan

Gauri
March 27th, 2014, 10:47 PM
That’s a very nice idea. I would request the same.
A lot of us (women) are involved in NGO's etc. and lot of us might benefit from something like this.
I know women in Jatland are fairly active but I also think its high time we need to raise our focus on the area like education, marriage, female feticide etc.
An area where only women can talk in general and just know what help is out there in case they need would be great.

Again as Saurabh said, a polite request :)

ndalal
March 27th, 2014, 10:54 PM
I differ from your opinion, no such segregation is required based on gender. if you want to discuss/inform something related to women, start a thread, jatland has ample space for that..
Hello Moderators / Owner,

This is just a Polite suggestion from my side to consider on :
1. Starting special Forum on women issues only. We can name it as women corner or something like that..
2. only the women moderators should be given privileges to manage or maintain those threads.
3. After this we can request Volunteers - Subject matter expertise women / man / NGO personnel to be a part of it to give their suggestions here.

We can consider different issues : Diff (Health / Education / marital issues based / NRI helpline for women ) Gvt schemes for women etc tc..

My suggestions are just a polite request , rest the senior members, mentors can decide better..

Thanks,
Saurabh Jaglan

Prikshit
March 28th, 2014, 11:19 AM
That’s a very nice idea. I would request the same.
A lot of us (women) are involved in NGO's etc. and lot of us might benefit from something like this.
I know women in Jatland are fairly active but I also think its high time we need to raise our focus on the area like education, marriage, female feticide etc.
An area where only women can talk in general and just know what help is out there in case they need would be great.

Again as Saurabh said, a polite request :)
Need of the hour. But restricting it to women only is not justified, we should have everybody's view and take on these issues. Looking into these areas from both prespective is more sound per me.

rekhasmriti
June 21st, 2014, 11:21 PM
What I believe welfare related to woman can only happen by equal contribution & efforts by all gender of society .

I am part of such forum at my work ....where I observe .....woman do not like sharing in presence of opposite gender . We need to kill this Hesitation ......that can happen by creating awareness we both are integral & responsible part of society .

Prikshit
June 26th, 2014, 05:00 PM
What I believe welfare related to woman can only happen by equal contribution & efforts by all gender of society .

I am part of such forum at my work ....where I observe .....woman do not like sharing in presence of opposite gender . We need to kill this Hesitation ......that can happen by creating awareness we both are integral & responsible part of society .
Well said.
We don't need a special forum, what we need to do is to respect them and let them equally participate in existing forum.

DrRajpalSingh
July 6th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Friends,

The discussion seems to have settled the issue.

When all the threads and forums are open equally for male and female participants, there seems to be no logic in segregation for the sake of segregation for either men or women.

Every member is welcome to post his/her views on one or the other discussion forums/threads of their choice without any fear or favour.

Thanks and regards,

amankadian
July 9th, 2014, 01:13 AM
Well said.
We don't need a special forum, what we need to do is to respect them and let them equally participate in existing forum.

Right. this is the positive attitude. Woman have equal understanding and strength. Cheers.