PDA

View Full Version : Five Jat Girls from Haryana in Scotland Common Wealth Games Squad

DrRajpalSingh
June 17th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Geetika Jakhar, Lalita Sehrawat, Sakshi Malik, Vinesh Phogat and Babita Phogat from Haryana are among the seven member Common wealth Games squad. Except Babita Phogat the first four are going to represent India in CWG for the first time. Babita Phogat had won a medal in Delhi CWG in 2010.

Two other wrestlers in SWG squad are Navjot Kaur from Punjab and Jyoti from Delhi. Whether they are Jats or not is not clear.

We wish all these wrestlers a bright future and successful participation in the Scotland CWG in which they will be representing Indian Women Wrestling Team .

bahadur1
June 17th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I wish them to be success in their mission.

Prikshit
June 17th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Geetika Jakhar, Lalita Sehrawat, Sakshi Malik, Vinesh Phogat and Babita Phogat from Haryana are among the seven member Common wealth Games squad. Except Babita Phogat the first four are going to represent India in CWG for the first time. Babita Phogat had won a medal in Delhi CWG in 2010.

Two other wrestlers in SWG squad are Navjot Kaur from Punjab and Jyoti from Delhi. Whether they are Jats or not is not clear.

We wish all these wrestlers a bright future and successful participation in the Scotland CWG in which they will be representing Indian Women Wrestling Team .
A proud moment, I wish they make out much more of the tour then expected.

deveshdahiya
June 17th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Wish them all the best. Government should provide more facilities to our youth so that they can compete at International level. A refreshing news because media generally shows negative news about Haryana like Khaps etc. Also, an eye opener for those people who give more importance to boys than girls.

DrRajpalSingh
June 18th, 2014, 09:17 AM

Would those parents, who are causing skewed sex ratio and are always in favour of boy as their choice, take a lesson from the achievement of these daring, courageous, dedicated mostly village girls.

Hope they would now carry introspection in their mindset and change it in favour of treating both girls and boys on equal footing, that too sooner than later !

They have already brought laurels not only to themselves but to their parents, State and the Country by getting selected out of over one billion people of the country to represent in the CWG and to show their grit and determination to win medals.

Wish they would return with several medals under their belts and set more examples of their success and rising power of the woman if a chance is given to them to shape it !

Gauri
June 18th, 2014, 08:57 PM
We also have Sunita Lakra, Rani, Ashunta Lakra , Savita pooniya and Monika Malik going for the hokey team. Any information regarding hokey can be found by visiting http://hockeyindia.org
And I will be there to support all these women.
Jats are among majority of people who opt for female feticide. Its high time they learn a lesson and have some realisation of the crime they do !

DrRajpalSingh
June 19th, 2014, 09:12 AM
We also have Sunita Lakra, Rani, Ashunta Lakra , Savita pooniya and Monika Malik going for the hokey team. Any information regarding hokey can be found by visiting http://hockeyindia.org
Jats are among majority of people who opt for female feticide. Its high time they learn a lesson and have some realisation of the crime they do !

Very well said. And there are many more shining names in the category of sports and game.

The community must feel flattered that their daughters are showing their talent and strength in various games and sports and winning medals too for the country !

Those who still do discriminate arrival of a child between a boy or girl must take this positive contribution of the girls in consideration and shun the nefarious design of killing the girls before they see the light of the day !

Thanks and best wishes

Prikshit
June 19th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Yeah such conspicous participation is appreciable.
Any data supporting the text in Bold?

Gauri
June 20th, 2014, 01:42 AM

I don't have any definite data to prove the Bold lines above . However I know for a fact that when we talk about the places where this mis happening occurs, most of them are are JAT dominated regions like in example link below
http://mediacoalition.wordpress.com/category/female-foeticide/.
The similar stuff was highlighted by Amir khan's show Satyame Jayate.

Please bare in mind I am a Proud JAT girl and not trying to talk down to my own community in above lines.
But we have to clean our own house first to have a better world for times to come!

DrRajpalSingh
June 20th, 2014, 10:01 AM

Though there is no concrete data available on majority or minority indulged in it; yet the general perception prevails that not only the illiterate but also the 'educated Jats' also indulge in these nefarious activities. Isn't it so !

DrRajpalSingh
June 20th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I don't have any definite data to prove the Bold lines above . However I know for a fact that when we talk about the places where this mis happening occurs, most of them are are JAT dominated regions like in example link below
http://mediacoalition.wordpress.com/category/female-foeticide/.
The similar stuff was highlighted by Amir khan's show Satyame Jayate.

Please bare in mind I am a Proud JAT girl and not trying to talk down to my own community in above lines.
But we have to clean our own house first to have a better world for times to come!

Rightly put the position as proverb goes: Charity begins at home.

prashantacmet
June 20th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Though there is no concrete data available on majority or minority indulged in it; yet the general perception prevails that not only the illiterate but also the 'educated Jats' also indulge in these nefarious activities. Isn't it so !

rajpal ji, this thread is about achivements of "jat girls in wrestling" not about "female foeticide in jat society". Please stick to the thread topic, there are plenty of other threads to discuss about female foeticide, you can discuss on that

RathiJi
June 20th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I think it's in good intention to give social message against "female foeticide" by giving example of these JAT girls who made their parents, us, society , nation feel proud.

Prikshit
June 20th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Sir,
Preference of male child in prevalent in North India no doubt about it.
1. Some opt for henious way i.e female foeticide.
2. Some keep on trying and end up having many girl childs.
I am not here to debate on it but to put it simple, we do have people in our community with a mentality to have a male child, but per me female foeticide is not common among Jats. I am not gainsaying it was mentioned with a good intention, as this social evil must me rooted out, but media and some people are always after jats. Most of the time what they show n project is not the reality.

PS: If it is present in our community then I condemn the act and feel ashamed of same, and strongly feel that this should be eradicated in complete be it with jats or non-jats.

DRMOTHSARA
June 22nd, 2014, 12:00 AM
best of luck to all...

DrRajpalSingh
June 22nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
rajpal ji, this thread is about achivements of "jat girls in wrestling" not about "female foeticide in jat society". Please stick to the thread topic, there are plenty of other threads to discuss about female foeticide, you can discuss on that

Thanks for the suggestion.

Wish more names of achiever girls are added here !

DrRajpalSingh
July 19th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Saina Nehwal has to opt out of the Badminton team selected for Scotland Common wealth games, due to injury problem.