PDA

View Full Version : Let us congratulate Saina Nehwal

DrRajpalSingh
June 29th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Olympic bronze medalist Saina Nehwal produced a dominating performance to lift her second title of the season, winning the $ 750,000 Star Australian Super Series after beating Spain's Carolina Marin in the summit clash Sydney on Sunday.

The sixth seeded Indian, who had won the India Open Grand Prix Gold earlier this year, prevailed 21-18, 21-11 in a 43-minute contest.The 24-year-old Saina, who enjoyed a 1-0 head-to-head record against Marin going into Sunday's match, logged the first point and displayed some deft net play against her rival, stroking in some delectably timed volleys to take a 5-2 lead in the opening game.But the 21-year-old Marin was not the one to give up easily and showed just why she is considered one of the feisty players on the circuit.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/sports/slide-show/slide-show-1-photos-dominating-saina-wins-australian-open-super-series/20140629.htm

Samarkadian
June 29th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Shouldn't be this thread in sports section ?

Olympic bronze medalist Saina Nehwal produced a dominating performance to lift her second title of the season, winning the $ 750,000 Star Australian Super Series after beating Spain's Carolina Marin in the summit clash Sydney on Sunday.

The sixth seeded Indian, who had won the India Open Grand Prix Gold earlier this year, prevailed 21-18, 21-11 in a 43-minute contest.The 24-year-old Saina, who enjoyed a 1-0 head-to-head record against Marin going into Sunday's match, logged the first point and displayed some deft net play against her rival, stroking in some delectably timed volleys to take a 5-2 lead in the opening game.But the 21-year-old Marin was not the one to give up easily and showed just why she is considered one of the feisty players on the circuit.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/sports/slide-show/slide-show-1-photos-dominating-saina-wins-australian-open-super-series/20140629.htm

Fateh
June 30th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Heartiest congratulations

bls31
June 30th, 2014, 12:08 PM
AUSTRALIAN OPEN AND THE NANITAL LOCAL

I was fortunate to watch the Sania -Monica Australian Open Final live scheduled to be played at reasonable IST.

With Sania in devastating form the chest swelled with pride with every point won by her- a delicate placing at net, an executive drop shot from the base line or a devastating smash from mid-court: on the other side of the Net Maria’s game was slowly falling apart with her growing inner turmoil visible.

It was with mixed feeling that I watched the game apart from the pride in Sania as her game progressed I also felt deep empathy for Maria with her troubles.

I could feel and understand her feelings as the tide turned against her, witnessed by many cheering for Sania in the stadium and millions watching the game around the world on TV as I had my self suffered the same fate as her, long back in Nanital, while awaiting the call from Army.

I had been a bit rash in entering the local Tennis Tournament. I, an average club player found my self pitted against the local Champion.

I was overwhelmed not only by his superior court craft but also overawed by the presence of the large crowed of locals, tourists and my own family members present, hoping to cheer me on, sadly watching my game floundering resulting in a sound defeat, leaving me emotionally and physically exhausted.

Once again I feel sorry for poor Maria, though she did get the runners-up medal and a fat cheque no mean an achievement.

bls31

prashantacmet
June 30th, 2014, 12:26 PM

Yes , it should be.

DrRajpalSingh
June 30th, 2014, 07:17 PM

Yes, it might have been better if it were so !

But when it has been posted in this sub forum erroneously, does it stop us to congratulate a good feat of an international level player and that too by a Jat sports person !

DrRajpalSingh
June 30th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Yes , it should be.

Noted with Thanks,

In future I shall be more cautious !

DrRajpalSingh
June 30th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Inconvenience regretted.

It is instantly being moved to sports sub forum.

DrRajpalSingh
November 16th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Olympic Bronze medalist Saina Nehwal won China Open Super Series tournament by beating her Japanese rival today at Fuzhou. She won this prestigious tournament in her sixth appearance.

Let us join to congratulate her and wish many more achievements under her belt in the future.

Prikshit
November 17th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Olympic Bronze medalist Saina Nehwal won China Open Super Series tournament by beating her Japanese rival today at Fuzhou. She won this prestigious tournament in her sixth appearance.

Let us join to congratulate her and wish many more achievements under her belt in the future.
Indeed a great achievement, her best so far!

Arvindc
March 28th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Saina Nehwal creates history, first Indian woman shuttler to become world No.1
Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Saturday created history by becoming the first Indian woman to be ranked World No.1. (http://www.hindustantimes.com/othersports/saina-nehwal-creates-history-first-indian-woman-shuttler-to-become-world-no-1/article1-1331507.aspx)

Spain's Carolina Marin's loss to Ratchanok Intanon in the Indian Open Super Series semi-final provided an opportunity for Saina to overtake China's Li Xuerui to become the highest ranked player in the world.

The race for the the No.1 ranking in women's singles entered its home stretch on Friday at the $275,000 India Open Super Series with Saina and reigning World Champion Carolina Marin both making the semifinals.

Now, Saina will face Yui Hashimoto of Japan in the semi-final of the tournament.

Earlier in the day, Nehwal had said she will be ranked World No.1 if this is in her destiny.

"I want to be the best. It's not about the ranking, it's about being consistent. Li Xuerui is injured. You can't ignore the fact that she's the best player in the world," said the 25-year-old.

"But she's been injured over the last few months. When she comes back she will be strong. The Chinese will come back and they will be ready for us," she had said.

Keep it up Saina Ji!

DrRajpalSingh
March 28th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Saina Nehwal creates history, first Indian woman shuttler to become world No.1

Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Saturday created history by becoming the first Indian woman to be ranked World No.1. (http://www.hindustantimes.com/othersports/saina-nehwal-creates-history-first-indian-woman-shuttler-to-become-world-no-1/article1-1331507.aspx)

Spain's Carolina Marin's loss to Ratchanok Intanon in the Indian Open Super Series semi-final provided an opportunity for Saina to overtake China's Li Xuerui to become the highest ranked player in the world.

The race for the the No.1 ranking in women's singles entered its home stretch on Friday at the $275,000 India Open Super Series with Saina and reigning World Champion Carolina Marin both making the semifinals.

Now, Saina will face Yui Hashimoto of Japan in the semi-final of the tournament.

Earlier in the day, Nehwal had said she will be ranked World No.1 if this is in her destiny.

"I want to be the best. It's not about the ranking, it's about being consistent. Li Xuerui is injured. You can't ignore the fact that she's the best player in the world," said the 25-year-old.

"But she's been injured over the last few months. When she comes back she will be strong. The Chinese will come back and they will be ready for us," she had said.

Keep it up Saina Ji!

Congratulations to Saina Nehwal and thanks to you for sharing the good news.

singhvp
March 29th, 2015, 03:25 AM
It is a phenomenal achievement of Saina. Entire nation should feel proud of her in general and Jats in particular.

DrRajpalSingh
March 29th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Saina Nehwal takes on her Thailand counterpart player in the final of Indian Super Series match.

We pray for her all round good performance may result in a grand success in this final clash.

DrRajpalSingh
March 29th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Kudos.

Another feather added to achievements of Saina Nehwal.

World Ranking One, Saina Nehwal won Indian Super Series Championship.

For Details :http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/saina-nehwal-crushes-intanon-to-win-india-open/20150329.htm

Saina crushes Intanon to win India Open

lrburdak
March 30th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Congrats Saina!!! It is big achievement of Saina for herself, for the Nation and for the Jat Samaj in particular. Keep it up. We are all proud of you. It was good news for Jats after having many doses of negative news for Jats.

NikhilNehra
March 31st, 2015, 11:41 AM
Many congratulations to Saina Nehwal. You are the proud of India and of course the Jats. Go ahead girl !!

DrRajpalSingh
April 2nd, 2015, 08:52 AM
Many congratulations to Saina Nehwal. You are the proud of India and of course the Jats. Go ahead girl !!

Saina Nehwal moves to 2nd round by beating her Indonesian rival 21-13, 21-16 in the Malaysia Open Super Series Premier being played at Kuala Lumpur.

DrRajpalSingh
April 3rd, 2015, 10:21 PM
Saina Nehwal enters semi final by beating her rival player by 2-1.

We wish her all success to clinch the winner trophy.

DrRajpalSingh
April 4th, 2015, 08:57 PM
The Chinese player wins semi final against Saina Nehwal in the current competition.

DrRajpalSingh
May 6th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Saina Nehwal regains world no 1 ranking.

Read : http://sports.ndtv.com/badminton/news/240724-saina-nehwal-regains-world-no-1-ranking

Also of interest what she felt on the attainment in the arena of sports and games :

http://sports.ndtv.com/badminton/videos/dream-come-true-to-become-world-no-1-again-saina-nehwal-363859

DrRajpalSingh
August 18th, 2015, 08:23 AM
Read the journey of Saina Nehwal's in the arena of sports, who is going to regain World Ranking I, after winning Bronze yesterday :India had players like Prakash Padukone and Pullela Gopichand, current national chief coach, in the past but they were exceptions at best. Padukone won India's first World Championships medal, a bronze, way back in 1983 after winning the prestigious All England Championships in 1980, whereas Gopichand won the All England title in 2001. Padukone even rose to the pinnacle of the sport when he was ranked No. 1 in the world badminton rankings in 1980.But the real rise of Indian badminton in recent years can be credited to the emergence of Saina seven years ago, when as an 18-year-old she started making waves by giving tough competitions to the Chinese shuttlers who literally ruled the sport with an iron grip.Saina brought back memories of Padukone and Gopichand when she started winning Grand Prixs and Super Series tournaments, of which she won now 16. She came into prominence in 2008 when she reached the quarter-finals at the Beijing Olympics, a first by an Indian in the sport. Earlier that year Sania also became the first to win the BWF World Junior title. Saina then became the first to win a Super Series title when she triumphed at the Indonesian Open in 2009 and also reached the quarter-finals of the World Badminton Championships in her maiden attempt that year.Saina continued her rise in 2010 as she became the first Indian women to reach the All England semi-finals en route to reaching a career high world No. 2 in July. She then reached the World Championships quarter-finals again and later in the year won gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi. Two years later, she made history by winning a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics, another first by an Indian in badminton.So far, 2015 has been a watershed year for the 25-year-old Indian youth icon as she rose to the top of the world rankings in April, thus becoming the first Indian woman to achieve the feat and second Indian after Padukone who reached there 35 years ago. Earlier in the year, she also became the first Indian woman to reach the final of the All England Championships where she lost to world champion Carolina Marin of Spain. Then in August, after reaching the World Championships quarter-finals five times before, Saina finally broke the medal drought as she stormed into the final in Jakarta. But defending champion Marin came out triumphant again in the summit clash.Saina, who will be ranked No. 1 again when the latest rankings come out on Thursday, continues to inspire many in India with her grit and fighting spirit as her fans will hope for more next year at the Rio Olympics.

ajay86
August 18th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Read the journey of Saina Nehwal's in the arena of sports, who is going to regain World Ranking I, after winning Bronze yesterday :.
She won silver not bronze....

DrRajpalSingh
August 18th, 2015, 12:45 PM
She won silver not bronze....Thanks for correcting me. Yes she won Silver. For details see :http://go4g.airtel.in/vd/?pid=508458

lrburdak
August 20th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Saina got Silver but she has regained world no 1 ranking. Congrats !!!

DrRajpalSingh
January 25th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Government has announced the list of Padma Awards 2016. Distinguished personalities from the field of public service, sports and entertainment will be awarded the Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan and Padma Shri awards.

Sportsperson Saina Nehwal is one among the Padma Bhushan awardees of 2015-16.

Congratulations and best wishes for her bright future.

lrburdak
January 25th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Saina Congrats !!!

lrburdak
January 25th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Rajpal ji this how we provide online link on Wiki. I have done so in Saina page right now ref no 7 -

<ref>[Copy the URL address add title]]</ref>

<ref>[http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Padma-Awards-2016-Complete-list-of-Padma-Vibhushan-Padma-Bhushan-and-Padma-Shri-awardees/articleshow/50719773.cms Full list of Padma awardees 2016 India Today | 25th Jan, 2016]</ref>

spdeshwal
June 13th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Congratulations Saina for winning Australian Open Super Series 2016 held in Sydney Australia.
She defeated Shun Yu of China in the Final 11-21, 21-14, 21-19 on Sunday 12th June, 2016.
It is heartening to see her in form before the Rio Olympics.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/badminton/Saina-Nehwal-trumps-Sun-Yu-to-bag-second-Australian-Open-title/articleshow/52712605.cms

Cheers!

neel6318
May 9th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Yes, it might have been better if it were so !

But when it has been posted in this sub forum erroneously, does it stop us to congratulate a good feat of an international level player and that too by a Jat sports person !

not at all, Sir! these guys are always serious like 3 idiots ....anyways, the medal is for winners :-D ...... great girl! :-)

neel6318
September 12th, 2017, 10:39 PM
Her inspiration is so high, that I feel myself Sania when I play badminton :cool: