PDA

View Full Version : Lest We Forget Their Contribution : Salute them

DrRajpalSingh
July 18th, 2014, 08:04 AM
They had dreamt to play, they once realised their dream of not only playing but also bringing laurels to themselves and the nation at international sports events. But now their lives are full of struggle to make both ends meet. Read about some of the athletes, sports persons both men and women who keep on their struggle without any sort of help from the society and the government concerned. Hats off to them all.

Read by clicking link : http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/sachin-tendulkar-maria-sharapova-tendulkar-fans-athletes/1/369786.html

nrao
July 19th, 2014, 01:33 PM
This is quite tragic. However, if these states adopt positive policies like that created by Hooda in Haryana most of the deserving sports person will have a better chance to continue playing sports. Haryana has a very positive model for sports with better facilities, sport men are provided with incentives, which should be copied by other states. Hope they will pay heed to that.

However, I think that Sharpova not knowing Tendulkar is a non issue and I do not blame her. Cricket is played by about only 10-15 countries so naturally cricketers will not be known by all. On the other hand if it was a well known football player or tennis player then we could make a case and maybe maybe express displeasure.

DrRajpalSingh
July 19th, 2014, 05:02 PM
This is quite tragic. However, if these states adopt positive policies like that created by Hooda in Haryana most of the deserving sports person will have a better chance to continue playing sports. Haryana has a very positive model for sports with better facilities, sport men are provided with incentives, which should be copied by other states. Hope they will pay heed to that.

However, I think that Sharpova not knowing Tendulkar is a non issue and I do not blame her. Cricket is played by about only 10-15 countries so naturally cricketers will not be known by all. On the other hand if it was a well known football player or tennis player then we could make a case and maybe maybe express displeasure.

Indeed present Haryana Government has not only continued but also improved 'Haryana State Sports Policy' formulated and implemented by Chaudhary Om Prakash Chautala in the year 2000. Various facilities, cash incentives, prizes, jobs and promotions etc have attracted talent among youth to join the arena of sports and games.

As a result of the new sports policy a large number of sports nurseries, stadia have come up and Haryana has become one of the major contributor to the central pool of sports persons who participate in various national and International level competitions.

Indeed, all sports persons need earlier grooming and safe future prospects which other states too could emulate from the Haryana Sports Policy.