PDA

View Full Version : Muslim World contributions to Science, Technology & Other fields

vk23
July 22nd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Hey Guys, I am starting this thread to highlight the great contribution of the Muslim World in various fields. Lets have a look at various contributions made by the Muslim world.

The aromatic Coffee we drink in the morning was first discovered by the Muslims.

10th Century Muslims Mathematician, Physicist Ibn al-Haitham was the first person to discover that light enters eye on contrary to what Greek thought that our eyes emit laser rays. Chess, Camera, Elephant clock and many more.

I am sharing some links on various inventions and contributions.

//irep.iium.edu.my/8415/1/Contribution_of_Muslim_Scholars_to_the_world.pdf.

//scienceislam.com/muslims_science.php.

Please contribute to the list.

PS: Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links at the moment but please prefix http: to above links.

Thanks

ygulia
July 22nd, 2014, 03:12 PM
Do you think that this topic is good for this forum?????????

rkumar
July 22nd, 2014, 05:12 PM
Hey Guys, I am starting this thread to highlight the great contribution of the Muslim World in various fields. Lets have a look at various contributions made by the Muslim world.

The aromatic Coffee we drink in the morning was first discovered by the Muslims.

10th Century Muslims Mathematician, Physicist Ibn al-Haitham was the first person to discover that light enters eye on contrary to what Greek thought that our eyes emit laser rays. Chess, Camera, Elephant clock and many more.

PS: Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links at the moment but please prefix http: to above links.

Thanks

Following link gives some glimpse of their contributions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_science_and_engineering_in_the_Islamic _world

I am not sure if all were Muslims. Living in Muslim countries and having Muslim sounding names does not mean they were all Muslims. Invention of number system is wrongly assigned to Arabs. Modern day numbers were invented in India and whole world accepts that now. Lot of translation was carried out in Baghdad and the very Muslims burned the famous Baghdad library. Muslim enlightenment age did not last long. How come not a single scientific discovery was made during Mughal period and Ottoman empire? How come no invention of any significance by any Muslim during last 300 years ? Hope you heard the car which runs on water and its invention by a Pakistani Muslim ? Hope you also know how even father of Pakistani nuclear bomb thought that it was possible, only to be ridiculed later by scientists word over.

Try to make a comparative study of what ancient Indians did in Science and technology to Muslim claims. Indians build the oldest residential university in the world. Indians knew about microscopic astronomy 1000s of years back and used astronomical time keeping for birth and many other life events.

If Muslims had great science and technology legacy and they were mostly under self rule, how come most of them are so backward ? Look at India of 1947 and many Muslim countries at the same time and then compare the scientific progress after that. Has any Muslim country launched a rocket to mars or moon ? Any car designed in Muslim world ? Name me anything significant from Muslim world during last 300-400 years? I know you will talk of Taj Mahal and things like that. Ever visited Ajanta Ellora caves ? Look at the famous Hindu temple of Angkot which was built around 1100 AD, much before any significant Islamic building. Temple of Konark ? As far as My views are concened, biggest contribution of Muslims is destruction, pillage, mass scale murders and nothing else.

RK^2

DrRajpalSingh
July 22nd, 2014, 06:20 PM

Thread is being shifted over to General History sub forum.

No religious discourses please.

Only fact based posts supported by relevant references and authentic information are welcome.

DrRajpalSingh
July 22nd, 2014, 06:30 PM

Thanks

Friend,

Thanks for raising a good issue for discussion.

However, before marching forward, kindly define what do you mean by 'Muslim World', where it is located. In other words the universe/area of the study may be clearly mentioned along with the time period taken for discussion to make it a real contribution to general history.

The links only won't do as they are easily available by search engines like 'google'. Put your comments on the points being taken up by you, please, so that it may prove to be a good contribution.

agodara
July 23rd, 2014, 12:13 AM
chess was invented india sir .at lothal arcorigicals have found chess bord and many things related to chess.i dont know IVC peoples wer muslims.second in chance are chinese who uses a river in between of chessboard.thanks

desijat
July 23rd, 2014, 03:57 AM
This is a very vague topic, religious institutions have no relevance in inventions as neither church, or mosques or mandirs have contributed positely to inventions, or discovery. If anything, they were an obstacle to it. To give you an example- it was inauspicious to travel by sea as per priests, catholics thought earth is flat and discouraged travellers and many more examples can be found.

So even if muslims or anyone innovated anything, they went against the whims and fancy of their priests to be called 'kafir'. No?

vk23
July 23rd, 2014, 02:20 PM
Following link gives some glimpse of their contributions.

I am not sure if all were Muslims. Living in Muslim countries and having Muslim sounding names does not mean they were all Muslims. Invention of number system is wrongly assigned to Arabs. Modern day numbers were invented in India and whole world accepts that now. Lot of translation was carried out in Baghdad and the very Muslims burned the famous Baghdad library. Muslim enlightenment age did not last long. How come not a single scientific discovery was made during Mughal period and Ottoman empire? How come no invention of any significance by any Muslim during last 300 years ? Hope you heard the car which runs on water and its invention by a Pakistani Muslim ? Hope you also know how even father of Pakistani nuclear bomb thought that it was possible, only to be ridiculed later by scientists word over.

Try to make a comparative study of what ancient Indians did in Science and technology to Muslim claims. Indians build the oldest residential university in the world. Indians knew about microscopic astronomy 1000s of years back and used astronomical time keeping for birth and many other life events.

If Muslims had great science and technology legacy and they were mostly under self rule, how come most of them are so backward ? Look at India of 1947 and many Muslim countries at the same time and then compare the scientific progress after that. Has any Muslim country launched a rocket to mars or moon ? Any car designed in Muslim world ? Name me anything significant from Muslim world during last 300-400 years? I know you will talk of Taj Mahal and things like that. Ever visited Ajanta Ellora caves ? Look at the famous Hindu temple of Angkot which was built around 1100 AD, much before any significant Islamic building. Temple of Konark ? As far as My views are concened, biggest contribution of Muslims is destruction, pillage, mass scale murders and nothing else.

RK^2

I have not started this thread to compare Muslims with ancient Indians. You have raised a very good question on why Muslims could not continue with their achievements in the modern world. But same goes with Indians as well. Indians invented so many things but if you compare Indians with western world now, there is a significant difference in terms of inventions and contribution to science and technology. Every society in this world has been through good times and bad times. Change is constant and inevitable. So many communities have evolved throughout a long period of time. Countries in western world use to fight each other in older days and China use to be a world leader in inventions and technology. China had a very good chance of conquering the world when western world was busy in infighting. But Chinese premier did not allow China to flex arms and therefore the country remained an enclosed society. So I am not here to compare who is better than whom. The purpose of this thread is to highlight the contribution of Muslims in various fields.

vk23
July 23rd, 2014, 02:22 PM
Friend,

Thanks for raising a good issue for discussion.

However, before marching forward, kindly define what do you mean by 'Muslim World', where it is located. In other words the universe/area of the study may be clearly mentioned along with the time period taken for discussion to make it a real contribution to general history.

The links only won't do as they are easily available by search engines like 'google'. Put your comments on the points being taken up by you, please, so that it may prove to be a good contribution.

Please help yourself using the link below :

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_world

vk23
July 23rd, 2014, 02:50 PM
This is a very vague topic, religious institutions have no relevance in inventions as neither church, or mosques or mandirs have contributed positely to inventions, or discovery. If anything, they were an obstacle to it. To give you an example- it was inauspicious to travel by sea as per priests, catholics thought earth is flat and discouraged travellers and many more examples can be found.

So even if muslims or anyone innovated anything, they went against the whims and fancy of their priests to be called 'kafir'. No?

Religion, language, region, culture clearly reflects into work and inventions. For example Arts which represents human expression. Take any example, literature, music, dance, opera etc. There is a clear influence of religion there. Similarly you would find an influence of such factors into Architecture field. The architectural work from Muslim world is very different from Western world.

DrRajpalSingh
July 23rd, 2014, 06:02 PM

Instead of directing me to go to the given link, be good enough to specify the object and universe of study to be undertaken in General History forum of the site so that original contribution could be invited.

If we are to cut paste from the given link then no useful purpose would be served to have this thread discussion.

vk23
July 24th, 2014, 04:29 PM

I did reply to your question earlier but unfortunately moderator removed my reply without any reason. I am not sure if this post would stay here or will be deleted. The administrator has the power to make a call on my post. Apparently the owner of this site has given carte blanche to the moderators.

Please note, same rule does not apply to all members. That is my observation so far on this forum( heavily moderated).

vk23
July 24th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Instead of directing me to go to the given link, be good enough to specify the object and universe of study to be undertaken in General History forum of the site so that original contribution could be invited.

If we are to cut paste from the given link then no useful purpose would be served to have this thread discussion.

Unfortunately I cannot do spoon-feeding here. You seem to be obsessed with the idea of vindictiveness. Otherwise you would have taken some pain to go through the ink and familiarise youself with term I have used. The way your are deleting my posts every now and then, it only suggest that my posts are not welcome here because they are against your opinions.

DrRajpalSingh
July 24th, 2014, 07:16 PM
I did reply to your question earlier but unfortunately moderator removed my reply without any reason. .............

Guliaji had posted his question when the thread was started by you in General discussion Forum. Since the topic has been shifted/moved to General History sub-forum, there is no relevance of your earlier or this reply.

DrRajpalSingh
July 24th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Unfortunately I cannot do spoon-feeding here. You seem to be obsessed with the idea of vindictiveness. Otherwise you would have taken some pain to go through the ink and familiarise youself with term I have used. The way your are deleting my posts every now and then, it only suggest that my posts are not welcome here because they are against your opinions.

'Vindictiveness' for what ?

I have welcomed the starting of the thread and provided a proper placement by moving it to General History sub forum in the hope that worthwhile contribution would be made by you and other participants which is generally not possible in the General discussion section where you had started it. This according to you is my 'vindictiveness,' which leads you to deny 'spoon feeding' to me.

Kindly concentrate on the theme of the thread and come forward with reply sought for.

If you have nothing to offer in reply kindly do not indulge in wild allegations and accusations.

Since I have so far not expressed my opinion on the topic so it is wrong to assume that your ''posts are not welcome here because they are against your[i.e. my] opinion''.

Please note that none of your relevant post has been deleted.

Wish you happy participation with open mind,

abhisheklakda
July 24th, 2014, 08:26 PM
it may be good fourm but it is to be researched that all arabi was muslim???? most of arab scientist, mathematacian were atheist, and in islamic world " to be an atheist" is a crime, and punish with death

agodara
July 25th, 2014, 12:25 AM
it may be good fourm but it is to be researched that all arabi was muslim???? most of arab scientist, mathematacian were atheist, and in islamic world " to be an atheist" is a crime, and punish with death

but alchemists allowed
they recited some kalma and finest sword in world was availablee to muslims.i.e saladin against crusaders.it was all science of steel which were known to arabbs,no offence bro thanks

ygulia
July 25th, 2014, 03:25 AM
This source is not reliable because anyone can update the information on wikipedia. Give some authentic source link.

cooljat
July 26th, 2014, 06:59 PM
How this thread relevant to Jats?

pawandahiya
July 26th, 2014, 07:08 PM
These m%$#&s contribute only to terrorism and hatred! Nothing else.
Jo unke gungaan kar rhe hai yha, they are either SPians or khangress. Everyone else knows the truth.

agodara
July 26th, 2014, 09:13 PM
The destruction of Buddhism is Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India.
The legal codifying of slavery as a right
The principal of Never Ending War (Jihad)

DrRajpalSingh
July 27th, 2014, 11:13 AM

That is why, the thread is running in General History sub Forum.

Moreover, a large number of Jats profess Islam too.

DrRajpalSingh
July 27th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Jo unke gungaan kar rhe hai yha, they are either SPians or khangress. Everyone else knows the truth.

And

The destruction of Buddhism is Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India.
The legal codifying of slavery as a right
The principal of Never Ending War (Jihad)

Friends,

Both these posts are not related to thread heading and if these are deleted, you would start raising objection for doing so.

Therefore, it is appealed to all the participants in the discussion here to post only those views which reflect Contribution of the people living in Muslim dominated areas towards Science, Technology and other fields.

The irrelevant posts would be summarily removed hereinafter !

Wishing fruitful discussion.

vk23
July 27th, 2014, 11:55 AM
And

Friends,

Both these posts are not related to thread heading and if these are deleted, you would start raising objection for doing so.

Therefore, it is appealed to all the participants in the discussion here to post only those views which reflect Contribution of the people living in Muslim dominated areas towards Science, Technology and other fields.

Well, This is good! Appreciate your work here!

vk23
July 27th, 2014, 12:08 PM
This source is not reliable because anyone can update the information on wikipedia. Give some authentic source link.

1. I am not sure why it is not reliable. Do we need to put reference for every post here? Do all members put reference here whenever they post their views?

2. Are we doing academic discussion here? I originally posted this thread in General-Talk section because the intention was to have a general awareness. Of course everyone wants to have access to more authentic information but wikipedia also holds some truth. Moreover the term(Muslim World) is not a techinical term which needs explaination in detail. Using common sense and some wisdom can easily help you a lot, had it been a right intention behind the question. The term is self explainatory and if you some body is still confused then he/she can punch a couple of letters on google and search the meaning of term.

3. If you want to me quote an authentic link, then I can pull that information for you given you contribute and reciprocate in the same manner. If you do, then let me know. I will quote many authentic links but if you won't then I am sorry my friend. I don't have that much time to help you. Kindly help yourself.

Thank You

vk23
July 27th, 2014, 12:11 PM
That is why, the thread is running in General History sub Forum.

Moreover, a large number of Jats profess Islam too.
Appreciate your positiveness and helping other members to understand the essence of this thread.

vk23
July 27th, 2014, 12:17 PM

My friend, Kindly shun such views. Let's give up such stereotypes about a community which is going through a rough time. A lot of Muslims condemn terrorism and want peace. Also let's not jump to conclusion about my affiliation to any party for that matter. Whatever party I vote to does not have any relevance to this topic. I have started this topic so that people know about history and inventions.

Thank You

vk23
July 27th, 2014, 12:31 PM
'Vindictiveness' for what ?

I have welcomed the starting of the thread and provided a proper placement by moving it to General History sub forum in the hope that worthwhile contribution would be made by you and other participants which is generally not possible in the General discussion section where you had started it. This according to you is my 'vindictiveness,' which leads you to deny 'spoon feeding' to me.

Kindly concentrate on the theme of the thread and come forward with reply sought for.

If you have nothing to offer in reply kindly do not indulge in wild allegations and accusations.

Since I have so far not expressed my opinion on the topic so it is wrong to assume that your ''posts are not welcome here because they are against your[i.e. my] opinion''.

Please note that none of your relevant post has been deleted.

Wish you happy participation with open mind,

I did not like the way you have treated my posts in this forum. Specially when I wrote about my views on J&K. In India we have a democracy and it is beauty of democracy which allows people to protest in a peaceful manner. It allows people to post their views on any forum. It allows people from opposition to have their views in a peaceful manner. So many times, even separatists leaders from J&K are allowed in India to hold conferences and put their views forward. They also have criticized the Indian govt handling of J&K affairs. Thats the beauty of our mature democracy. I have come across so many articles from renowned journalists who also differ from Indian govt view on J&K . Shekhar Gupta last year wrote a blog on Indian Express to express his views on disarming Army in Kashmir. But unfortunately on this forum, I have felt a sense of oppression. Why are we not tolerant of opposing views?

That is why I have unsatisfied with the treatment I have recieved here. There are some positive signs now. So I hope it will improve and continue further. So I will build some strength and continue to participate in this thread.

Thank You

vk23
July 27th, 2014, 12:38 PM

In addition to what Mr Rajpal singh said, let me pose a rhetorical question, Don't Jats read history? Is Jat community an enclosed soceity? Don't Jats have a quest to know?

Thank You

agodara
July 28th, 2014, 01:19 AM
And

Friends,

sir you read whats the header of to topic is
muslim worlds contribution to sciense,techchnolygies & another fields
i am talkinkig about other fields
http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/women_slaves.htm

DrRajpalSingh
July 28th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I did not like the way you have treated my posts in this forum. Specially when I wrote about my views on J&K.
But unfortunately on this forum, I have felt a sense of oppression. Why are we not tolerant of opposing views?

Thank You

Friend,

Here the thread belongs to History Section and we are not supposed to discuss individuals involved in the discussion. Therefore it would be better if you kindly stop discussing personal likings and disliking/appreciation or criticism of the commentators.

Instead, concentrate your posts on the thread topic, please.

Thanks and best wishes.

prashantacmet
July 28th, 2014, 11:53 AM
In addition to what Mr Rajpal singh said, let me pose a rhetorical question, Don't Jats read history? Is Jat community an enclosed soceity? Don't Jats have a quest to know?

Thank You

yes...we want to know better and we already know a lot.

rajpaldular
July 28th, 2014, 01:41 PM
yes...we want to know better and we already know a lot.

Very well said Prashant JI. :cool::cool:

vk23
August 12th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Looks like thread has not got up to speed as I wanted. Let me highlight more inventions by Muslim world which have helped the world to progress.

Algebra - Everyone knows the importance of algebra in our daily lives. The word Algebra derived from Arabic language. The Arabic word al-jabr defines algebra. Which means restoration.

Algebra was developed by great scientist and mathematician Muhamad Ibn Musa Al-Khawarizmi. Al-Khawarizmi was born in Persia in 780 AD.

You can read about Al-Khawarizmi here: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Al-Khwarizmi.html

From the above link, let me share about his contribution:

He first reduces an equation (linear or quadratic) to one of six standard forms:

1. Squares equal to roots.
2. Squares equal to numbers.
3. Roots equal to numbers.
4. Squares and roots equal to numbers; e.g. x2 + 10 x = 39.
5. Squares and numbers equal to roots; e.g. x2 + 21 = 10 x.
6. Roots and numbers equal to squares; e.g. 3 x + 4 = x2.

Algebra is indeed a great invention which has helped our world in many ways. A lot of complex mathematical problems get solved with the help of Algebra.

prashantacmet
August 13th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Looks like thread has not got up to speed as I wanted. Let me highlight more inventions by Muslim world which have helped the world to progress.

Algebra - Everyone knows the importance of algebra in our daily lives. The word Algebra derived from Arabic language. The Arabic word al-jabr defines algebra. Which means restoration.

Algebra was developed by great scientist and mathematician Muhamad Ibn Musa Al-Khawarizmi. Al-Khawarizmi was born in Persia in 780 AD.

You can read about Al-Khawarizmi here: http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Biographies/Al-Khwarizmi.html

He first reduces an equation (linear or quadratic) to one of six standard forms:

Algebra is indeed a great invention which has helped our world in many ways. A lot of complex mathematical problems get solved with the help of Algebra.

I found this from your link. to bhai wo parsee hoga jab isne isne dimmag lagaya hoga...research main parsi ka dimmag laga tha na ki muslim ka...muslim bante hi to talwaar utha li hogi jihad ke liye kalam chhodkar....

"the pious preface to al-Khwarizmi's "Algebra" shows that he was an orthodox Muslim, so Al-Tabari's epithet could mean no more than that his forebears, and perhaps he in his youth, had been Zoroastrians."

rkumar
August 13th, 2014, 06:53 PM

I would suggest that you go through following two links;

1. http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~sxw8045/history.htm
2. http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Chronology/full.html

Once you have read the contents of above two links, you can workout yourself where the Arabs stand in the chronology of Algebra.

RK^2

vk23
August 14th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I would suggest that you go through following two links;

1. http://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~sxw8045/history.htm
2. http://www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Chronology/full.html

Once you have read the contents of above two links, you can workout yourself where the Arabs stand in the chronology of Algebra.

RK^2
If we look at the history, then we find that human have evolved through out a long period of time. And this evolution is always based on some foundation. That foundation gets updated over the time by different civilizations. Therefore not a single community can take credit of overall development. It's a collaborative effort of different civilization throughout the history. Today western world is leading in the technology and tomorrow it will be Asia. And after Asia, it could be middle east. Things evolve over the time and different communities contributes accordingly. Therefore I am not arguing here about who's is the best and to be honest no one can be best on this earth. The definition of best keep on changing over the time. So Its about the contribution of a single community. Kindly contribute further.

Thanks

vk23
August 14th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I found this from your link. to bhai wo parsee hoga jab isne isne dimmag lagaya hoga...research main parsi ka dimmag laga tha na ki muslim ka...muslim bante hi to talwaar utha li hogi jihad ke liye kalam chhodkar....

"the pious preface to al-Khwarizmi's "Algebra" shows that he was an orthodox Muslim, so Al-Tabari's epithet could mean no more than that his forebears, and perhaps he in his youth, had been Zoroastrians."
My friend, kindly discard such perception about a community. Its just the time when things are bit awkward and a community is in the grip of radicals. But one must not generalize the whole community. In today's contemporary world, you would find many Muslims excelling in various fields. Therefore lets not paint all with same brush!

Thanks!

rkumar
September 16th, 2014, 01:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKMI1wV0ps

vk23
September 23rd, 2014, 03:22 PM
Request members not to share videos on some anti-social elements to tarnish the image of a community. Lets take the thread into a positive direction and share genuine inventions.

Thanks once again.

rkumar
October 10th, 2014, 07:05 AM

rk^2

sanjeev1984
October 10th, 2014, 09:41 AM
agree to some extent... but!

church and mosque ka example to de diya... ek "mandir" ka bhi example de do... or agar example nahi de sakte to ek hi line teen cheezo ko include mat karo... or ek jaisa mat batao... dhanayvaad...

cooljat
October 10th, 2014, 03:27 PM
LOL :D Hillarious. To add here's the greatest Mathematician of all time with incredible logic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHpd2T7mi5c

rk^2

vk23
October 11th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Under Mughal rule, Indian economy improved by leaps and bounds. Indian economy contributed to 25 percent of global output. What a phenomenal performance ever achieved by India back then. Indeed it was a greatest contribution to India ever!

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/economy/article-india-in-fortunes-all-time-most-powerful-economies-list-675460

vk23
October 24th, 2014, 04:17 PM
A very good article on Islam in Sub Continent and abroad.

Political Islam: An evolutionary history (http://www.dawn.com/news/1139847/political-islam-an-evolutionary-history)

http://www.dawn.com/news/1139847/political-islam-an-evolutionary-history

SumitJattan
October 25th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Under same Mughaliya Saltanat all Kafirs were forced to pay Jaziya time to implement it again ;)

Under Mughal rule, Indian economy improved by leaps and bounds. Indian economy contributed to 25 percent of global output. What a phenomenal performance ever achieved by India back then. Indeed it was a greatest contribution to India ever!

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/economy/article-india-in-fortunes-all-time-most-powerful-economies-list-675460

vk23
October 25th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Under same Mughaliya Saltanat all Kafirs were forced to pay Jaziya time to implement it again ;)

My friend We are here talking about economy output.

SumitJattan
October 25th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Buddy when we have more tax then only we can give more subsidies indirectly subsidies are helpful in economy to kya farak padta hai let have Taxation reforms and let Kafirs pay Jaziya again ;) and give more subsidies on Haj and we should made the flag of ISIS or Saudi with sword and necks of kafirs as our national flag ... we will become awesome with inclusive growth for all :P

My friend We are here talking about economy output.

vk23
October 25th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Buddy when we have more tax then only we can give more subsidies indirectly subsidies are helpful in economy to kya farak padta hai let have Taxation reforms and let Kafirs pay Jaziya again ;) and give more subsidies on Haj and we should made the flag of ISIS or Saudi with sword and necks of kafirs as our national flag ... we will become awesome with inclusive growth for all :P

Lets not do cherry picking here to defame a community. Good and bad people are everywhere. Terrorism can be anywhere in any shape. For example Hindus also had LTTE groups, Naxalites, and some right wing radicals. But again good people are also in Hindus. So I cannot paint Hindus with same brush just to cite such examples. Same goes with other religions such as Islam, Christianity etc.

SumitJattan
October 25th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Dude correct your facts Hindus never had LTTE , LTTE was a Tamil based organization which includes muslims , hindus and Christians and was supported by the Congress govt with Rajiv Gandhi as PM , Naxalite problem was also become headache due to backwardness of the Chattisgarh , Orissa and WB hope congress did some good developmenta work in these areas and we dont have any problems like Naxals ..... I am not defaming any one but these are hard facts and you have to accept them , in muslims Shias , Bohras , Ahmadiyas are more peaceful and forward looking people ...

Lets not do cherry picking here to defame a community. Good and bad people are everywhere. Terrorism can be anywhere in any shape. For example Hindus also had LTTE groups, Naxalites, and some right wing radicals. But again good people are also in Hindus. So I cannot paint Hindus with same brush just to cite such examples. Same goes with other religions such as Islam, Christianity etc.

AbhikRana
October 25th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Hindus have never embraced terrorism in the name of religion either in India or Pakistan where they are being persecuted or any other part of the world.

Drawing a parallel between LTTE/Naxalism with any form of religious terrorism would be highly foolish.

Dude correct your facts Hindus never had LTTE , LTTE was a Tamil based organization which includes muslims , hindus and Christians and was supported by the Congress govt with Rajiv Gandhi as PM , Naxalite problem was also become headache due to backwardness of the Chattisgarh , Orissa and WB hope congress did some good developmenta work in these areas and we dont have any problems like Naxals ..... I am not defaming any one but these are hard facts and you have to accept them , in muslims Shias , Bohras , Ahmadiyas are more peaceful and forward looking people ...

rkumar
October 25th, 2014, 06:57 PM

Did LTTE/ naxilites etc bomb any country outside like your Al-qaida and Let friends do world over?

RK^2

rkumar
October 25th, 2014, 06:58 PM

Did LTTE/ naxilites etc bomb any country outside like your Al-qaida and Let friends do world over?

RK^2

AbhikRana
October 25th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Another contribution of the Pakistan Islamists.

Viewer discretion is advised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI9GXQ-R8r8&safe=active

vk23
October 31st, 2014, 01:25 PM

RK^2
Wasn't LTTE damaging SriLanka? Naxal's have problem with union govt not the rest of world.

cooljat
October 31st, 2014, 08:24 PM
Ban this traitor Muslim from the Site. This is Jatland .. home to blue blooded patriot Jats.

Wasn't LTTE damaging SriLanka? Naxal's have problem with union govt not the rest of world.

vk23
November 1st, 2014, 03:07 PM
Looks like thread got derailed with offtopic talks. Lets get back to the topic of thread. There has been a great influence of Islamic Arts around the world. There is very rich cultural heritage which can be seen into the monuments built over the time. The crafts which includes carpet weaving and wood work is really marvelous. In this series, I would like to share a website which has a very good information around architecture and design.

http://islamic-arts.org/

vk23
November 1st, 2014, 03:23 PM
Hey Guys, A very good series of BBC documentary on Science & Islam.

Very informative. Kindly watch.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoCzzSzOIoA

AbhikRana
November 1st, 2014, 09:08 PM
Why don't you stop your ISIS brothers whose contribution to humanity is as below:

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE0LzEwLzMwL2QyL0lTSVNLaWxsZWRILjE3ZmY1LmpwZw pwCXRodW1iCTk1MHg1MzQjCmUJanBn/51478e6f/506/ISIS-Killed-Hundreds-Of-Prisoners.jpg

rkumar
November 1st, 2014, 09:21 PM
Hey Guys, A very good series of BBC documentary on Science & Islam.

Very informative. Kindly watch.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoCzzSzOIoA

Entire balloon is punctured at 5.30 in the video when origin of number system is assigned to Indians. I watched three videos in the series and could not count a single scientific contribution which could be assigned specifically to Muslims. Did not have more time to waste further.

RK^2

agodara
November 2nd, 2014, 10:04 AM
This video will show you the Darra region of the NWFP where today we find the largest illegal arms market on the planet

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=adam%20khel%20darra&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CDIQtwIwBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DfRt e65F_KRk&ei=TgFVVPfQHYPGuATD1oKIAg&usg=AFQjCNHGeBLl_UrC-tC0LdOWD5jmdZhQbA&bvm=bv.78677474,d.c2E

vk23
November 2nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
Entire balloon is punctured at 5.30 in the video when origin of number system is assigned to Indians. I watched three videos in the series and could not count a single scientific contribution which could be assigned specifically to Muslims. Did not have more time to waste further.

RK^2

Open mind helps in understanding and acknowledging contributions of different communities over the time. Probably you ignored the video where it talks about decimal etc and other improved versions of arithmetic. Lets not be that skewed to discard all the inventions.

vk23
November 2nd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Very good history documentary on

Paradise Found : Islamic Architecture and Arts (A history; documentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYz9d2rt8_o

The video shows about various domes being built over the time. What a wonderful and marvelous architecture still can be seen around the world.

sahij
November 3rd, 2014, 03:47 AM
To further open your mind, please learn the doctrine of wala' wa bara' -- Loyalty and Enmity, including how Muslim husbands must have hatred for their Christian or Jewish wives, though they can love their bodies, wealth, etc.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ULdik8UCA

And if your mind hasn't opened enough, read http://www.raymondibrahim.com/from-the-arab-world/sex-jihad-fatwa-permits-incest-in-syria/

"Saudi cleric Nasser al-�Umar issued a fatwa permitting mujahidin [jihadis] in Syria to have sex-jihad with their sisters [muharamhum] if no one else is available. The Saudi preacher also praised the mujahidin for their ongoing fight against, in his words, the machine of infidelity and oppression, that is, the Syrian and Iranian regimes." - That is real sister, and not cousin sister - if you were wondering.

And finally, please don't take any of these to be representative of islam and/or muslims. They are much worse than all those above. This is their benign side.

sahij
November 3rd, 2014, 04:11 AM
What a wonderful and marvelous architecture still can be seen around the world.

Watch here islamic architecture in action (too bad we don't have video evidence of islamic architecture in action from ancient times :():

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qiZpndjg6Y

Please appreciate the birds flying from one corner of your screen to another in utter jubilation, shouting allahu-akbar, as if, celebrating the coming home of islam to save humanity.

login4vinay
November 3rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Very good history documentary on

Paradise Found : Islamic Architecture and Arts (A history; documentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYz9d2rt8_o

The video shows about various domes being built over the time. What a wonderful and marvelous architecture still can be seen around the world.

What would you say about this contribution :-

Afghanistan's Islamic hardline Taliban rulers ordered the destruction Monday of all statues, including a giant 5th century Buddha that is said to be the world's tallest of its kind.
The order came from the Taliban's supreme leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar, who issued an edict declaring statues, including ancient statues of the Buddha, as insulting to Islam (http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/islam/index.aspx).
"Because God is one God and these statues are there to be worshipped and that is wrong. They should be destroyed so that they are not worshipped now or in the future," Omar said in his edict, published by the Taliban-run Bakhtar News Agency.
Afghanistan's ancient Buddhas are located in Bamiyan, about 90 miles west of the Afghan capital of Kabul. One Buddha, measuring 175 feet, is said to be the world's tallest statue in which Buddha is standing up rather than sitting.
The smaller is 120 feet tall. The two statues, which have been damaged in fighting in the area, were carved out of the Afghan mountainside in the 5th century. Indian pilgrims traveling the ancient trade route known as the Silk Road introduced Buddhism (http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/buddhism/index.aspx) to Afghanistan during the first centuries of the period identified as A.D. (after the death of Christ). Hindu influences were also strong in the region, but by the ninth and tenth centuries A.D., Islam was firmly entrenched though trade and conquest as the area's dominant faith (http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths) tradition. Buddhism and Hinduism then gradually diminished.

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Islam/2001/03/Taliban-Ancient-Buddha-Statues-To-Be-Destroyed.aspx#UVgHtXWAs14pHMkr.99

rajpaldular
November 3rd, 2014, 02:37 PM
Islam is plague. It'll destroy the humanity if infidels don't realize its motives. Nobody is safe from its atrocity.

vk23
November 4th, 2014, 02:28 PM
What would you say about this contribution :-

Afghanistan's Islamic hardline Taliban rulers ordered the destruction Monday of all statues, including a giant 5th century Buddha that is said to be the world's tallest of its kind.
The order came from the Taliban's supreme leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar, who issued an edict declaring statues, including ancient statues of the Buddha, as insulting to Islam (http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/islam/index.aspx).
"Because God is one God and these statues are there to be worshipped and that is wrong. They should be destroyed so that they are not worshipped now or in the future," Omar said in his edict, published by the Taliban-run Bakhtar News Agency.
Afghanistan's ancient Buddhas are located in Bamiyan, about 90 miles west of the Afghan capital of Kabul. One Buddha, measuring 175 feet, is said to be the world's tallest statue in which Buddha is standing up rather than sitting.
The smaller is 120 feet tall. The two statues, which have been damaged in fighting in the area, were carved out of the Afghan mountainside in the 5th century. Indian pilgrims traveling the ancient trade route known as the Silk Road introduced Buddhism (http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/buddhism/index.aspx) to Afghanistan during the first centuries of the period identified as A.D. (after the death of Christ). Hindu influences were also strong in the region, but by the ninth and tenth centuries A.D., Islam was firmly entrenched though trade and conquest as the area's dominant faith (http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths) tradition. Buddhism and Hinduism then gradually diminished.

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Islam/2001/03/Taliban-Ancient-Buddha-Statues-To-Be-Destroyed.aspx#UVgHtXWAs14pHMkr.99
My friend radical elements can go to any extent to remain in the power. For small benefits they can tweak a religion or law to make themselves stronger. This is turn work against the community which is already going through a rough phase in middle east countries.

rajpaldular
November 4th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Fareed Zakaria: Let’s be honest, Islam has a problem right now - The Washington PostPl read, interesting. Pl RT http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/fareed-zakaria-islam-has-a-problem-right-now-but-heres-why-bill-maher-is-wrong/2014/10/09/b6302a14-4fe6-11e4-aa5e-7153e466a02d_story.html … (http://t.co/5Ybfq2gKNC););)

vk23
November 4th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Excellent architecture of Bara Gumbad Complex in Delhi:

Replete with intricate stucco inscriptions, the Bara Gumbad, or �big dome,� is a large domed structure grouped together with the Friday mosque of Nizam Khan Sikandar II (�Sikander Lodi�) (r. 1489-1517).The Bara Gumbad, or �big dome,� is a large domed structure grouped together with the Friday mosque of Nizam Khan Sikandar II (�Sikander Lodi�) (r. 1489-1517) and a mehman khana (guesthouse), located in New Delhi�s Lodi Gardens. The buildings were constructed at different times during the Lodi era and occupy a common raised platform. Formerly an outlying area of Delhi, the Lodi Gardens are a British-planned landscaped garden which includes a number of monuments (primarily tombs) from the Sayyid and the Lodi dynasties. Read more on Archnet. (http://archnet.org/library/sites/one-site.jsp?site_id=2194)http://islamic-arts.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/bara_gumbad.jpg (http://islamic-arts.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/bara_gumbad.jpg) Photo Credits: Prateek Rungta � CC License.

Following images are hosted on Flickr and are being displayed here using Flickr�s own API.
The copyrights of each image are held by the respective photographer.http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/5436039137_0dd793573d.jpg (https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4118/5436039137_589033b12e_o.jpg)
Arcade (http://www.flickr.com/photos/12071889@N00/5436039137/) � Andrea Kirkby (http://www.flickr.com/people/12071889@N00/)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2418712360_71f96d8809.jpg (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3130/2418712360_71f96d8809_b.jpg)
mosque (http://www.flickr.com/photos/12709595@N00/2418712360/) � psalm61 (http://www.flickr.com/people/12709595@N00/)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2109/2418712010_9bf4439ea0.jpg (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2109/2418712010_9bf4439ea0_b.jpg)
mosque (http://www.flickr.com/photos/12709595@N00/2418712010/) � psalm61 (http://www.flickr.com/people/12709595@N00/)

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7176/6847132941_edd3d981e1.jpg (https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6847132941_edd3d981e1_b.jpg)
Calligraphy work at Sheesh Gumbad (http://www.flickr.com/photos/31279593@N00/6847132941/) � VinayakH (http://www.flickr.com/people/31279593@N00/)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2660/4056933928_85bd13bdce.jpg (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2660/4056933928_50997da4f2_o.jpg)
Bara Gumbad Mosque, Lodi Gardens (http://www.flickr.com/photos/38357025@N00/4056933928/) � GrahamMcCannCAM (http://www.flickr.com/people/38357025@N00/)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3456/3713331770_27a9e8f18c.jpg (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3456/3713331770_e21b820269_o.jpg)
The Bara-Gumbad Mosque in the Lodi Garden (New Delhi) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34003965@N00/3713331770/) � Azchael (http://www.flickr.com/people/34003965@N00/)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2432/3712531211_c64190bbbf.jpg (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2432/3712531211_dccb0d415f_o.jpg)
The Bara-Gumbad Mosque in the Lodi Garden (New Delhi) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34003965@N00/3712531211/) � Azchael (http://www.flickr.com/people/34003965@N00/)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2653/3713337178_2f97c0be39.jpg (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2653/3713337178_8a4d98a270_o.jpg)
The Bara-Gumbad Mosque in the Lodi Garden (New Delhi) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34003965@N00/3713337178/) � Azchael (http://www.flickr.com/people/34003965@N00/)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2554/3713361640_33bbeacf61.jpg (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2554/3713361640_28999fe8d6_o.jpg)
The Bara-Gumbad Mosque in the Lodi Garden (New Delhi) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34003965@N00/3713361640/) � Azchael (http://www.flickr.com/people/34003965@N00/)

AbhikRana
November 4th, 2014, 11:05 PM
These were the Lord Budha statues in Bamiyan. The statues that you see below were built much before the religion of the people who destroyed them came into existence. By the people who visit the places whose pictures you have pasted.

Is this the beauty of it? Create your own, but destroy others!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/53/Afghanistan_Statua_di_Budda_1.jpg/250px-Afghanistan_Statua_di_Budda_1.jpg

Why don't you reform the society that you are representing here in such a dedicated manner? Why don't you contribute by going to the ISIS controlled areas and preach them non-violence which you so earnestly support?

It would have been much better to see your contribution instead of copying and pasting videos and pictures. For every picture you paste in your support, there would actually be a thousand others which would discredit what you preach here and which would discredit your line of thinking/argument.

prashantacmet
November 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I repeatedly keep on saying. Lets not generalize whole community just based on some bad people.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/pakistani-christian-couple-is-tortured-then-burned-to-death-by-angry-mob-616318?pfrom=home-lateststories

A recent contribution! . a muslim mob tortured and burnt alive a couple at the name of "ish-ninda" and settle their own score...I don't listen such heinous crime very often except the muslim world..extreme!!

vk23
November 5th, 2014, 12:56 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/pakistani-christian-couple-is-tortured-then-burned-to-death-by-angry-mob-616318?pfrom=home-lateststories

A recent contribution! . a muslim mob tortured and burnt alive a couple at the name of "ish-ninda" and settle their own score...I don't listen such heinous crime very often except the muslim world..extreme!!
Pak is worst hit by radicalization. Extremism grew multifolds over the time and country has been through coups and unstable governments. Country also got destabilized due to a hostile neighbor,Afgan. Such crimes must be dealt with iron fist and country also needs to liberalized and have tolerance.

upendersingh
November 5th, 2014, 01:25 PM
So, what vk23 has got as Muslim World contribution is 'Bara Gumbad' or so only. He is also finding it hard to tell about any contribution of Muslim World. If these Muslim wolves have been sent to this world, then they will have to do something for survival and such Bara Gumbad like things are result of it only. What good this Bara Gumbad has done to the humanity? European world has given the humanity a lot e.g. electricity, tv, fridge, automobile.....and many more. Indians also have contributed a lot. Zero, message of peace, yoga etc. But the particular wolves have given nothing but violence, cowardness, filth and all kind of injustice and negativity. 4 wives to men, but not 4 husbands to the women. It will be good if India get rid of these as soon as possible.

sahij
November 5th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Pak is worst hit by radicalization. Extremism grew multifolds over the time and country has been through coups and unstable governments. Country also got destabilized due to a hostile neighbor,Afgan. Such crimes must be dealt with iron fist and country also needs to liberalized and have tolerance.

For you with love,

Here is the another muslim contribution to the world of architecture,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c4/%27Beheaded_Skulls_Minarett%27_raised_by_Akbar%27s _army_after_2nd_Battle_of_Panipat.JPG/512px-%27Beheaded_Skulls_Minarett%27_raised_by_Akbar%27s _army_after_2nd_Battle_of_Panipat.JPG

If that was ancient, here is a very modern 21st century rendition of the same,

http://shariaunveiled.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/isis-heads-in-syria-1.jpg

Very modern art!

agodara
November 5th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Quwwat-ul-Islam (literally meaning Might of Islam) was the first mosque ever built in Delhi, It was built 1193 immediately after the Qutub-ud-din took control of Delhi (known as Qila Rai Pithora at that time) from Prithviraj. The Hindu temple in the centre of the citadel was demolished to make way for the new mosque. According to inscription as many as 27 Jain and Hindu temples were demolished to get the material for the new mosque and it isn't hard to figure it out just from one rapid look of the mosque.just like all the other mosques, it consists of the courtyard surrounded by the pillared cloisters on the 3 sides. On the western side pillars are arranged in more elaborated fashion to form the sanctuary. (Mecca is on the west side of India)Two original pillars from Hindu temples are placed one above another to attain the desirable height.1730317304173051730617307

vk23
November 6th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Near the gardens of the Taj Mahal stands the important 16th-century Mughal monument known as the Red Fort of Agra. This powerful fortress of red sandstone encompasses, within its 2.5-km-long enclosure walls, the imperial city of the Mughal rulers. It comprises many fairy-tale palaces, such as the Jahangir Palace and the Khas Mahal, built by Shah Jahan; audience halls, such as the Diwan-i-Khas; and two very beautiful mosques.http://whc.unesco.org/uploads/thumbs/site_0251_0001-500-332-20110920200557.jpg

The wall has two gates, the Delhi Gate and the Amar Singh Gate. The original and grandest entrance was through the Delhi Gate, which leads to the inner portal called the Hathi Pol or Elephant Gate. But now the entrance to the fort is only through the Amar Singh Gate.
http://whc.unesco.org/uploads/thumbs/site_0251_0002-500-333-20110920200559.jpgDiwan-i-Aam (Audience Hall), Red Fort of Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India, UNESCO World Heritage Site DIwan-i-Aam (Salle d’Audience), Fort rouge de Agra, Uttar Pradesh, Inde, Site du Patrimoine Mondial de l’UNESCO Diawan-i-Aam (Audienzhalle), Agra Fort, Uttar Pradesh, Indien, Welterbe der UNESCO (29/08/2008) © M & G Therin-Weise / M & G Therin-Weise

http://whc.unesco.org/uploads/thumbs/site_0251_0003-500-333-20110920200600.jpgThe Khas Mahal (Marble Pavillon), Red Fort of Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India, UNESCO World Heritage Site Le Khas Mahal (Pavillon de marbre), Fort rouge de Agra, Uttar Pradesh, Inde, Site du Patrimoine Mondial de l’UNESCO Der Khas Mahal (Marmorgemaecher), Agra Fort, Uttar Pradesh, Indien, Welterbe der UNESCO (29/08/2008) © M & G Therin-Weise / M & G Therin-Weise

http://whc.unesco.org/uploads/thumbs/site_0251_0004-333-500-20110920200601.jpg

vk23
November 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
The architecture during Mughal times was phenomenal given the lack of technology around that time. There were so many buildings built during that time which included Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, The Naulakha Pavilion, Badshai Masjid etc.

The Tomb of Etimad ud Doulah which is often called Jewel Box is a real testimony of the great architecture. The walls of the tomb are built using white marbel and precious stones.

More Info on this wonderful master piece:

The tomb, situated on the eastern bank of the river Jamuna, is planned in the centre of a Char-Bagh (four quartered garden) with the usual enclosing walls and side buildings. The main tomb of white marble, is marvelously set in the centre of this garden. It stands on a plinth of red stone having in the middle of each side, facing the central arch a lotus-tank with corners. Each façade has three arches, the central one providing the entrance, and the other two on the sides being closed by jalis. Each side is protected by a chhajja and jalied balustrade above it. There is no dome. Instead, the building is roofed by a sqaure ‘Barahdari’ having three arched openings on each side which are closed by Jalis except in the middle of north and south sides. It is protected by a chhajja above which is the Chaukhandi (pyramidal) roof, crowned by lotus petals and kalash finials. The interior is composed of a central square hall housing the cenotaphs of Asmat Begum and Mirza Ghiyas, four oblong rooms on the sides and four square rooms on the corners all inter-connected by common doorways. The cenotaph of Asmat Begum occupies the exact centre of the hall. Corner rooms have tombstones of Nur Jejan’s daughter Ladli Begum and her other relations.

Images of this wonderful masterpiece:

The copyrights of each image are held by the respective photographer.http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2527/4156891145_2d4d7ef508.jpg (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2527/4156891145_2d4d7ef508_b.jpg)Itimad-ud-Dalah (1628) – Baby Taj (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11786199@N06/4156891145/)
© Byrd on a Wire (http://www.flickr.com/people/11786199@N06/)

http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8206/8183028435_1daa4f16a2.jpg (https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8206/8183028435_d79cde1016_h.jpg)Itimad-ud-Daula Mausoleum – Agra (http://www.flickr.com/photos/12533858@N04/8183028435/)
© Joerg1975 (http://www.flickr.com/people/12533858@N04/)

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7014/6494737883_eb1d5c6dc5.jpg (https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7014/6494737883_4536378652_o.jpg)Itimad-ud-Daulah, the Baby Taj (http://www.flickr.com/photos/37601286@N06/6494737883/)
© gsz (http://www.flickr.com/people/37601286@N06/)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/1/189007398_ccf72cffff.jpg (https://farm1.staticflickr.com/1/189007398_5a29364d35_o.jpg)

rkumar
November 6th, 2014, 03:06 PM
.....Mods ko maja aa raha hai pics paste karane me. Na JL ka naas ho gaya to dekh lena.

Mods are behaving like "Bhism, Drona and other elders" when Draupdi Cheer Haran" was going on and they were sitting with their heads hanging down in total silence. I have never seen Jatland going this low during my entire membership.

RK^2

shivamchaudhary
November 6th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Mods are behaving like "Bhism, Drona and other elders" when Draupdi Cheer Haran" was going on and they were sitting with their heads hanging down in total silence. I have never seen Jatland going this low during my entire membership.

RK^2

Muskil ghadi me thoda dheeraj rakhana padta hai !

vk23
November 18th, 2014, 02:49 PM

Appreciate Mod's respect towards freedom of speech!

rkumar
November 18th, 2014, 03:51 PM

Isko "Dheeraj" nahi, indecisiveness kehte hain sarkar.

RK^2

rajpaldular
November 18th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Isko "Dheeraj" nahi, indecisiveness kehte hain sarkar.

RK^2

वाह वाह। :star::star::star::star:

ravichaudhary
November 18th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Moderator Shivam Chaudhary, has re opened the thread.

We all appreciate that a moderators task is difficult and thankless.

Self moderation is the best.

Members can get back to the topic.

What are the contributions of " Muslims to Sceince , Technology, and other fields"

I do have some questions at the outset.

Is the Title of the thread correct?

Should it be contributions of Islam to 'Science , technology etc"?

If it is the contributions of Muslims, then is that" contribution" outside the confines of their faith or because of it?

So far, in the thread, I see only some buildings , graves/tombs for the dead, with some calligraphy! A celebration of death?

What did the person do in his life, that deserved this art form?

Art should be an expression of joy, an uplifting of the human spirit.

Where is the 'uplifting of the spirit' aspect in this grave for the dead.

Equally important who was the "artist" who created this art, if art indeed it is?

The thread starter has not drawn our attention to any achievements of Muslims or Islam in any field:

- Science?

- Literature?

- Philosophy?

- Medicine?

- other- specific?

Indeed in any field.

Perhaps the thread starter, rather than just ' cut and paste' some photographs of a grave, a' makbara', could give instances of the contributions, and more importantly also tell the readership, why that " contribution" is significant, and provide the historical evidence that it was indeed made by a member of his religious community.

As readers have indicated often, no one is interested in the poster, simply ' cutting and pasting' a link and asking readers to go to the link and ' seeing for themselves'

The inverted commas are mine, and put for emphasis.

My own views and I am open to suggestions:

"" If you cannot back up what you claim, then do not post and be prepared for your posting privileges to be revoked"".

Perhaps other members can provide some guidance on the approach they would like to see, so that we can have a moderation policy with consensus.

It is the members site.

Warm regards

Ravi Chaudhary

sahij
November 27th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Perhaps other members can provide some guidance on the approach they would like to see, so that we can have a moderation policy with consensus.

It is the members site.

Respected Chaudharyji,

As a member,

Can we have the privilege to delete our own posts and delete our own account? Moderators can keep any other moderation policy with or without consensus (including a policy that makes them appear most knowledgeable, considerate, and benign).
In the very least, can moderators at least delete all posts and account of members at their own request? There is also a precedent here (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?37853-Modi-in-Sydney&p=371801&viewfull=1#post371801) where such a request to delete posts was entertained - there might be others I might not be aware of.

If yes, can the Moderators kindly accept this as my request and oblige me by deleting all my posts on Jat Land along with my account?

Thanks & Regards.

ravichaudhary
November 29th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Respected Chaudharyji,

As a member,

Can we have the privilege to delete our own posts and delete our own account? Moderators can keep any other moderation policy with or without consensus (including a policy that makes them appear most knowledgeable, considerate, and benign).
In the very least, can moderators at least delete all posts and account of members at their own request? There is also a precedent here (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?37853-Modi-in-Sydney&p=371801&viewfull=1#post371801) where such a request to delete posts was entertained - there might be others I might not be aware of.

If yes, can the Moderators kindly accept this as my request and oblige me by deleting all my posts on Jat Land along with my account?

Thanks & Regards.

I am not able to help much here.

I myself , am looking for lessons on how to ""appear""- ' most knowledgeable, considerate and benign', especially the first- "Knowledgeable".

Once I can get pass marks in Knowledgeable, I will attempt the other two.

Multi tasking or dealing with complex inter connected subjects, is not a strong area with me, as should be obvious from my posts.

You will have noticed a major failing of mine, looking for "primary sources' and 'validation/authenticity', to try and gain/share knowledge rather than appear 'knowledgeable'.

So far I am failing on both counts.

Hope this helps

Warm regards

Ravi Chaudhary

P.S. As an after thought, you might want to consider to continue to follow the path of Dharm ( Righteousness and truth, scientific enquiry), as opposed to adharam( Maya and illusions).

Arjun in the Mahabharat had the same choice.

Does the message from the Gita apply to the study of Ithihaas too?

The adhramic route though looks easier, does it not?

vishu1708
April 27th, 2015, 12:06 PM

Thanks
Wrong! All or atleast, most of it is wrong.
I will focus on chess.
Chess was invented in India and later went to all over the world(thats the theory)
Fact:Chess existed before prophet Mohommad was born.
Proof: in the Bhukari Hadit(one of the religious texts of Islam), it is written that 'the allah's prophet' stated that playin chess was like dipping your hand in pig's blood.
Conclusion: if playing chess was forbidden by founder of Islam, how could a muslim invent it?
As for coffee, there are many stories. Most authentic of them is that it was discovered by etheopians( who obviously were not muslims)
The true contribution of muslims were mostly negative. They dabbeled a bit in alchemy and medicins but basically they translated many Indian and Greek books and sold them as 'muslim Invention'.
On a personal note( an I mean no offence) but why is the original poster of this thread so obsessed with showing muslims in Good light. Is he perhaps a muslim jat?
Again, I mean no offence.

deshi-jat
April 28th, 2015, 06:47 AM
Here is Chess story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjVGfDI0rpc
Wrong! All or atleast, most of it is wrong.
I will focus on chess.
Chess was invented in India and later went to all over the world(thats the theory)
Fact:Chess existed before prophet Mohommad was born.
Proof: in the Bhukari Hadit(one of the religious texts of Islam), it is written that 'the allah's prophet' stated that playin chess was like dipping your hand in pig's blood.
Conclusion: if playing chess was forbidden by founder of Islam, how could a muslim invent it?

Ambijat
April 28th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Muslims, Islam or the Muslim World.

Going through series of posts, it appears that there is need for epistemological intervention.

The part that signifies as contribution - One should understand when we see or evaluate contributions they are civilisational. And, the term Arab Civilisation during medieval times connotes better definition rather than tagging it all under Muslim, which was only religious uniformity but highly diverse in levels of civilisational attainments vis-a-vis each other.

vishu1708
April 28th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Here is Chess story
(video)

I am not able to play it on my mobile. Can you tell what it says/shows?

vk23
December 1st, 2015, 04:30 PM
Muslim world architecture can be seen in Indian subcontinent. Really marvellous.

ayushkadyan
December 2nd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Muslim world architecture can be seen in Indian subcontinent. Really marvellous.
U back prophet?:livid:

cooljat
December 2nd, 2015, 05:41 PM
Mulle ki daud Masjid tak. Bera na aade Jatland main iss susre ne kunsi Masjid dikhe hai?

U back prophet?:livid:

vijay
December 2nd, 2015, 08:50 PM
The contribution towards the fields of Science and Technology cannot be credited to any specific religion. Discoveries and inventions are/were accomplished by the brilliant scientists who don't subscribe their contribution or invention to any caste, creed, country and religion.

Topic of this thread and the subsequent discussion seems spreading communal indifference among the members of Jatland.

Therefore, this thread is being closed with a warning that any new thread with similar topic would also going to meet similar fate apart from receiving user infraction.