PDA

View Full Version : Scam

bls31
July 28th, 2014, 09:15 PM
SCAM

I select a leafy Dieffenbachia from the motley lot of potted plants from the tricycle cart of the Gardner who cycles to our colony on Sundays, his off day, as vendor of plants to make some extra money.

After a bit of haggling the price is settled at Rupees 80 down from 100 but that is not the end, just the beginning. Matters settled, he pulls a polythene sachet, containing some black material, from a plastic bag, recommending it to be added to the plant.
I, in the weak moment of acquiring the lovely plant, succumb at a cost of Rupees 20.

The heavy pot, a bit difficult for me lift , I request him to shift it to my flat.

His eyes, noticing the dozen or so plants of my collection in the balcony, light up. Once again I accept his recommendation of two packets each , per pot of the black stuff.
Placing the new acquisition in the company other plants, I look at the now added greenery with satisfaction and a bit of pride , though by now I am lighter by Rs300.

A fortnight or so alter the bell rings with the same person at the door. ‘I have come to see the plant.’

Impressed with his commitment and interest in the plant he has sold to me I ask him to enter and he follows me to my miniature garden in the balcony.

‘They all need manure.’ he pronounces and out come the small sachets from the bag and Rupees 200 from the wallet in my hip-pocket.

Another fortnight or so later he is once again at the door. It is only then I realize that he has not only sold me the Plant but the black stuff in the polythene sachets in perpetuity: I have been a victim of a small Scam.

I am not his only victim but the many young innocent couples, with little awareness of herbs and plants, living in our township, desperate to bring some greenery in there life are snared by him and his plants week after week

Small or big scam is a scam; it needs ingenuity on the apart of the scammer and a gullible victim.
. Bls 31

Fateh
July 29th, 2014, 11:06 AM
scam

i select a leafy dieffenbachia from the motley lot of potted plants from the tricycle cart of the gardner who cycles to our colony on sundays, his off day, as vendor of plants to make some extra money.

After a bit of haggling the price is settled at rupees 80 down from 100 but that is not the end, just the beginning. Matters settled, he pulls a polythene sachet, containing some black material, from a plastic bag, recommending it to be added to the plant.
I, in the weak moment of acquiring the lovely plant, succumb at a cost of rupees 20.

The heavy pot, a bit difficult for me lift , i request him to shift it to my flat.

His eyes, noticing the dozen or so plants of my collection in the balcony, light up. Once again i accept his recommendation of two packets each , per pot of the black stuff.
Placing the new acquisition in the company other plants, i look at the now added greenery with satisfaction and a bit of pride , though by now i am lighter by rs300.

A fortnight or so alter the bell rings with the same person at the door. ‘i have come to see the plant.’

impressed with his commitment and interest in the plant he has sold to me i ask him to enter and he follows me to my miniature garden in the balcony.

‘they all need manure.’ he pronounces and out come the small sachets from the bag and rupees 200 from the wallet in my hip-pocket.

Another fortnight or so later he is once again at the door. It is only then i realize that he has not only sold me the plant but the black stuff in the polythene sachets in perpetuity: I have been a victim of a small scam.

I am not his only victim but the many young innocent couples, with little awareness of herbs and plants, living in our township, desperate to bring some greenery in there life are snared by him and his plants week after week

small or big scam is a scam; it needs ingenuity on the apart of the scammer and a gullible victim.
. Bls 31

sir, we have to be careful, in our country at every step there is scam, scam has become the way of life, scammers are considered intellingent and successful people in india, maximum sufferers are kisans and defence personnel, just to remind you please consider scammer`s point view before taking decision, our old teaching in defence