PDA

View Full Version : Kabaddi.... Pro Kabaddi League

bharti
August 7th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Dear fellow members,
I am surprised not to find anyone on Jatland discussing the ongoing Pro Kabaddi League. Or I missed tracing such thread?

Today, thanks to my friend Meghna Malik(TV actor), I got to watch the match between Dabang Delhi and Bengal Warriors at Thyagraj Stadium. Was on the very front row sofas.
And what match it was ! Delhi won.

I never thought Kabaddi could be so entertaining ! It seemed almost like some artistic, beautiful dance form ! :)

And the players! What agility, what rhythm, what stamina.......!

From Delhi Side .... Surjit Narwal(no 10) and Kashi( Kashiling Adake) were superb. Each time they came to attack, the stadium reverberate with chants of Surjit Surjit ...and Kashi Kashi. Many more from the side ....Jasmer(Captain), Shrikant and Punit Tewatia, Amit, Ravinder...all were very good.

From Bengal side.... Jang Kun(no 45) and Sunil (10) were great. Nitin, Nilesh.... too were good. At times Jang was the lone player left fighting the opposite team ! What agility he has ! Wonderful player.

Well, I think, though this time on its maiden journey PKL is not getting much coverage in media...but next PKL should be a big event.

I wish great success for this game since it involves future... a bright one ... for the players who mostly come from rural parts of Haryana/Punjab/Rajasthan- the Jatlands... and Maharashtra.

I really enjoyed the game :)
Main to Kabaddi aur Kabaddi players ki fan ho gayi :)

Prikshit
August 7th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Dear fellow members,
I am surprised not to find anyone on Jatland discussing the ongoing Pro Kabaddi League. Or I missed tracing such thread?

Today, thanks to my friend Meghna Malik(TV actor), I got to watch the match between Dabang Delhi and Bengal Warriors at Thyagraj Stadium. Was on the very front row sofas.
And what match it was ! Delhi won.

I never thought Kabaddi could be so entertaining ! It seemed almost like some artistic, beautiful dance form ! :)

And the players! What agility, what rhythm, what stamina.......!

From Delhi Side .... Surjit Narwal(no 10) and Kashi( Kashiling Adake) were superb. Each time they came to attack, the stadium reverberate with chants of Surjit Surjit ...and Kashi Kashi. Many more from the side ....Jasmer(Captain), Shrikant and Punit Tewatia, Amit, Ravinder...all were very good.

From Bengal side.... Jang Kun(no 45) and Sunil (10) were great. Nitin, Nilesh.... too were good. At times Jang was the lone player left fighting the opposite team ! What agility he has ! Wonderful player.

Well, I think, though this time on its maiden journey PKL is not getting much coverage in media...but next PKL should be a big event.

I wish great success for this game since it involves future... a bright one ... for the players who mostly come from rural parts of Haryana/Punjab/Rajasthan- the Jatlands... and Maharashtra.

I really enjoyed the game :)
People are enjoying this game throughly, a great initiative I must say. People were fed of too much cricket, their taste is switching to other sports like hockey/kabbadi etc.
These players are getting recognition. Last week a colleague came to me and told me that there is a player who too has same surname as yours :P usse pehle everyone use to ask me of my unique surname(unique in the sense they never heard of it :P) I guess this mega event will last till Augsut end, so more fun is gauranteed in days to come.

aditya84
August 7th, 2014, 01:28 PM
hi mam,

You write kabddi is a very famous game and it is very old

anilsangwan
August 7th, 2014, 03:38 PM

Gazab ki limelight mil ri s Kabaddi ko Bharti ji... Thanks to Pro Kabaddi. Prior to this, only Sukhbir Badal has put efforts in Punjab to revive this. In Haryana I see no effort from sports department to promote this game.

Mera beta kaal uchhle tha er bola papa kabaddi khel raha hu. :) Usne pro kabaddi dekh TV par !

Er Amma ji ne ram ram diyo mhaari ! South Africa aali baat batayi aak na aap ne unn tein !

deveshdahiya
August 7th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Our Jaat bays are super hero in PKL. Narwal, hooda, Chhillar bhare pade hain sabhi teams me. It is really good initiative as our local boys are getting recognition.

rkumar
August 7th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Kabaddi and Volleyball were two most popular games in my village during my childhood. Kabadddi can be a most competitive as well as entertaining game. I remember some Kabaddi payers who used to be fun to watch. Hooters among spectators were another attraction of the game. Innovative hooting was most creative part of the game. My village produced some of the best players in Volleyball and Kabaddi. Ranbir Singh, former India Volleyball captain is from my village and my classmate. After celebrating Holi each year, we used to have Kabaddi matches in the village. Another popular games used to be " Gindoo-Taura" ( rural version of Hockey).

RK^2

bharti
August 7th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Gazab ki limelight mil ri s Kabaddi ko Bharti ji... Thanks to Pro Kabaddi. Prior to this, only Sukhbir Badal has put efforts in Punjab to revive this. In Haryana I see no effort from sports department to promote this game.

Mera beta kaal uchhle tha er bola papa kabaddi khel raha hu. :) Usne pro kabaddi dekh TV par !

Er Amma ji ne ram ram diyo mhaari ! South Africa aali baat batayi aak na aap ne unn tein !

Anil, South Africa waali baat to tabhi bata di thhi.
Yesterday too there were many fans of hers getting themselves clicked with her as we were leaving. And all those bouncers too :) She obliged all.

Yes, when last Kabaddi World Cup was organised in Punjab, and a very successful event it was, it was the beginning of 'Achchhe Din" for Kabaddi.
And Badals deserve praise for same.
In Haryana, however, whatever the government might say in its ads and promotions, fact is, a player gets something(prize money,good job etc...) only when he/she has won some medal in some major event(Asian/C'wealth/Olympics). Not much, or say, nothing before that. And then Government(read Hooda) wants all credit for their success. Unke khoon paseene ki koi keemat nahi. I still remember having met Vijender Singh a month before he left for Beijing Olympics. There ran a thread here on Jatland too. Try finding that.

Anyways,what matters now is that Kabaddi is soon going to give tough competition to Cricket.

skharb
August 7th, 2014, 10:01 PM

Mera beta kaal uchhle tha er bola papa kabaddi khel raha hu. :) Usne pro kabaddi dekh TV par!
haryana/panjab .....m inld k time m bhi international game hoa they arr badal ji n apne time m circle kabbbaddi ko parmote kiya h .
chotti kabbdi(national style ) too hathi k paa m pa bargi s circle kabbdi k .........pro kabbdi m too haryane k balak kar hi dey ghaney kamal hanngha too doodh ghee m se na ki ajkal ki protin culture m (dabbbe ale }
jatta ka natural khel s balak too jarror pride feel karegye arr karna bhi chahiye :angel:

skharb
August 7th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Dear fellow members,

bharti ji app n syad mahrhe jatto khel therad p site na krya na too uuu ulhanha na thethy jl member n :)

sanjaymalik
August 8th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Its good initiative for promotion & recognition of our traditional game of Kabaddi.Amazing and thrilled entertainment, watching every day, even have advised number of colleagues to watch the game. Most of our Jat guys are in every team,performing well. Till so far Mumbai topping tournament.

But its hard and dishearting to find a single line on sports page in any news paper/print media or even news aired on TV about pro Kabaddi league.

Yes FM Channals are supporting a lot.

dahiyarocks
August 10th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Pro kabaddi ke toh kehne hi kya.

Is kabaddi ke chakkar mein maa ne daily saas bahu aale serial dekhne band kar diye.aage te sarre samaj gye hoge :-D

Waise haryana style kabaddi or national kabbadi mein jaat hi hai sabse aage.

Almost puri ki puri team haryana,Delhi or western up ke players ki hai

btw World kabbadi league bhi start hone walli hai jo international level per hogi,8 team -4 india ki,1 pakistan ki.ye haryana style kabbadi hogi

Ab agla no Kho-Kho ka hona chaiye

ssgoyat
August 20th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Does anyone have the teamwise list of jat players, as many of the players don't use their second name.

skharb
August 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM
takriban sare jat player star h sab bhoot hi badia s..........per mujhe best raider sandip narwal (patna ) arr best defender ravinder {delhi ) team k lagte .
hannga k ballhh arr technic ka dono baata m top s ye chorreye ha rahul choddary (vijag}bhi iss catagaroy ka h .

prashantacmet
August 22nd, 2014, 07:02 PM
Does anyone have the teamwise list of jat players, as many of the players don't use their second name.

Goyat bhai.....narwal aur chillar khoob hai teams main...yeh kuch naam hai jo jat hai aur jinka mujhe pata hai....baaki unki team sahi sahi yaad nahi.jo yaad hai wo likh raha huin

sandeep narwal (patna)
rajesh narwal (jaipur)
surjit narwal (delhi)

manjeet chillar (bangalore)
mohit chillar (jaipur/mumbai)
anoop kumar (mumbai)
rakesh kumar (patna)
jasvir singh (jaipur)
ravi dalal( patna)

iss link pe sab kuch hai bhai ...dekh le

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Kabaddi_League

ssgoyat
August 26th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Yesterday's match b/w patna n bengaluru was a spectacular one. I would say, the bestest yet in the first season.

Dalal and Narwal played amazingly good for patna

Prikshit
September 3rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
It was a great initiative, a commendable effort by various stakeholders. A beggining which gave exposure to many players nationwide, hope it will continue in future as well.
Best team won, and all the games were played in sports spirit.

ssgoyat
September 3rd, 2014, 05:05 PM
It was a disappointing final however. Everything was on Anup Kumar only. Surender Nada was hopelessly hopeless.
It looked more like a match fixing.

pradeepiisc
September 15th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Delighted to see this news.
" Pro Kabaddi league viewership second only to IPL"
http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/pro-kabaddi-league-viewership-second-only-to-ipl/article6413148.ece?homepage=true

Congratulations to all Kabaddi lovers, really impressive and good start but long way to go for more success and make it an Olympic sport.