PDA

View Full Version : The Saturday Syndrome

bls31
November 2nd, 2014, 06:31 AM
The Saturday Syndrome

It would be interesting to recall as to who was where on 8th September as information about the Chinese surrounding the Dhola post moved up the chain of command.

When the message was received in the Brigade HQ, both the BM and the DQ, along with the rest of brigade staff were guests at a Bara Khana in one of the battalions. The Brigade Duty Officer and I the Signal officer had gone for a post lunch walk. The Commander was at Tezpur en-route to Meerut, his leave station.

The Divisional Commander Maj Gen Niranjan Prasad was at Thakurbari Planters Club, enjoying a cinema show. Lt Col Manohar Singh the GSO I was away on a course. Other Officers at Corps and Command, I presume must also have been involved in recreational activities like others on a typical Saturday.

Lt Gen BM Kaul, the Chief of General Staff was on annual leave in Kashmir. DMO Brig Palit was preparing to go on a naval cruise the next morning with Members of Parliament. COAS General Thapar was unreachable, as he was entertaining guests at a dinner.

The Prime Minister Pandit Nehru was out of the country attending the Commonwealth Ministers Conference in London along with Morarji Desai his finance minister. The Defence minister Krishna Menon was preoccupied with his forthcoming visit to the UN.

It was an intelligence coup of the first order by the Chinese who seemed to know the habits of Indians in position not to take decisions on a Saturday.

DrRajpalSingh
November 2nd, 2014, 07:51 AM
The Saturday Syndrome

It would be interesting to recall as to who was where on 8th September as information about the Chinese surrounding the Dhola post moved up the chain of command.

When the message was received in the Brigade HQ, both the BM and the DQ, along with the rest of brigade staff were guests at a Bara Khana in one of the battalions. The Brigade Duty Officer and I the Signal officer had gone for a post lunch walk. The Commander was at Tezpur en-route to Meerut, his leave station.

The Divisional Commander Maj Gen Niranjan Prasad was at Thakurbari Planters Club, enjoying a cinema show. Lt Col Manohar Singh the GSO I was away on a course. Other Officers at Corps and Command, I presume must also have been involved in recreational activities like others on a typical Saturday.

Lt Gen BM Kaul, the Chief of General Staff was on annual leave in Kashmir. DMO Brig Palit was preparing to go on a naval cruise the next morning with Members of Parliament. COAS General Thapar was unreachable, as he was entertaining guests at a dinner.

The Prime Minister Pandit Nehru was out of the country attending the Commonwealth Ministers Conference in London along with Morarji Desai his finance minister. The Defence minister Krishna Menon was preoccupied with his forthcoming visit to the UN.

It was an intelligence coup of the first order by the Chinese who seemed to know the habits of Indians in position not to take decisions on a Saturday.

Utterly disgusting state of affairs !

bls31
November 2nd, 2014, 05:45 PM
One wonders if the Pakistani firings, of late, across LOC and the International Border coupled with the Chinese frequent incursions while the P M was away on visits to foreign countries and the Defence and Finance Minister was in and out of hospital had some connection or was just a coincidence.

Bls 31