PDA

View Full Version : सरकार में दमदार फैसले करने वालों की कमी

rskankara
November 7th, 2014, 09:48 AM
बीजेपी सरकार ने कई अच्छे कदम बढाये है...स्वागत योग्य है....पर कही एकचर्चा चली कि बीजेपी में दमदार फैसले करने वालों की कमी है.....दोस्तो आपका क्या कहना है....

swaich
November 7th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Kankara ji - I see them making more Damdar announcements rather than decisions. There has been a lot of talk on planned decsions around labour reforms, infrastructure, black money etc but I am yet to see a concrete decision which has a long term impact on the ground. Yes, the sounds the govt is making aren't bad but the actual decsiions and their implementation will tell us how effective they are.

vk23
November 7th, 2014, 10:34 AM
क्या बीजेपी सरकार ने कई अच्छे कदम बढाये है...स्वागत योग्य है....पर कही एकचर्चा चली कि बीजेपी में दमदार फैसले करने वालों की कमी है.....दोस्तो आपका क्या कहना है....

Yesterday Delhi BJP president's Swatch Bharat Abhiyan ploy got foiled when some photos showed garbage being dumped purposely for photo shoot.

This is BJP's much hyped Swatch Bharat Abhiyan program. Nothing concrete in this program except waste of tax payers money on advertisements. Same is the case with other initiatives as well. All much hyped talks and no substance in them at all. People will realize sooner rather than later on BJP's attempts to make people fool!!

ayushkadyan
November 7th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Yesterday Delhi BJP president's Swatch Bharat Abhiyan ploy got foiled when some photos showed garbage being dumped purposely for photo shoot.

This is BJP's much hyped Swatch Bharat Abhiyan program. Nothing concrete in this program except waste of tax payers money on advertisements. Same is the case with other initiatives as well. All much hyped talks and no substance in them at all. People will realize sooner rather than later on BJP's attempts to make people fool!!

Friend,

Spare this forum with your biased views. We can accept that you don't like BJP et all. But don't spread rumors against such a good initiative like Swchhata Abhiyaan. In Islaam "safai" is an essential thing for a human. I think now you should stop doing your holy ritual "Woozoo" if you don't like Swchhata.:livid:

ganeshjat
November 7th, 2014, 11:12 AM

I guess , that was planned incident . That should not be guest fault, that was organizer's responsibility to take care of such things.Guest ko to bichare ko malum bhi nahi hoga ki kachara kaha se aaya hain. And in this case who was the organizer , "Islamic Cultural Centre (IICC)" . Looks like a planned target for a wonderful initiative of central govt.

rskankara
November 7th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Guys. Be positive and Please do not divert the discussion on Hindu / Muslim or BJP / congress..... I do feel there are few people in Govt who have upfront vision and decision making capability, but there is requirement is large to fulfill need. Therefore, Now PM is looking some smart, dynamic and decision makers in his cabinet to reinforce the big ticket project i.e. "Make in India", "digital India" etc, Therefore, the CM of Goa (Ex IITian) is going to join cabinet as Defense min(?) probably..

RathiJi
November 7th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Guys. Be positive and Please do not divert the discussion on Hindu / Muslim or BJP / congress..... I do feel there are few people in Govt who have upfront vision and decision making capability, but there is requirement is large to fulfill need. Therefore, Now PM is looking some smart, dynamic and decision makers in his cabinet to reinforce the big ticket project i.e. "Make in India", "digital India" etc, Therefore, the CM of Goa (Ex IITian) is going to join cabinet as Defense min(?) probably..

Most probably he is joining. I have heard that PM is also unhappy with the work of agriculture minister Radha Mohan Singh. He might get replaced too.

prashantacmet
November 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM
space for any jat face in the extended cabinet?

cooljat
November 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Welcome back .. Bhai jail gaya tha ke dikha nahi 6 mahine se. Post election! ;)
Kankara ji - I see them making more Damdar announcements rather than decisions. There has been a lot of talk on planned decsions around labour reforms, infrastructure, black money etc but I am yet to see a concrete decision which has a long term impact on the ground. Yes, the sounds the govt is making aren't bad but the actual decsiions and their implementation will tell us how effective they are.

rskankara
November 7th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Surely, there is posibility, we may see some one......

prashantacmet
November 7th, 2014, 12:34 PM
By the way, I am skeptical about this "clean india" campaign. ghankhare to jama hi fotu khichwawan ke hai bas.....I am yet to see what plan the government has for this campaign?.. I don't see any new dustbin box installed anywhere?..log jeb main ghaal ke ghoomege ke kooda??

RathiJi
November 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM

Yes, Most probably Birender Singh from Haryana.

Samarkadian
November 7th, 2014, 12:36 PM
By the way, I am skeptical about this "clean india" campaign. ghankhare to jama hi fotu khichwawan ke hai bas.....I am yet to see what plan the government has for this campaign?.. I don't see any new dustbin box installed anywhere?..log jeb main ghaal ke ghoomege ke kooda??

Bhai Damdar Faisla ek to le liya Kisaano k liye..Dhaan, wheat ke MSP ke uper...baaki tu nyu bata ke gande k pisse mile s ak nahi...

SumitJattan
November 7th, 2014, 12:43 PM
He is no longer a Jat as he is in BJP now :)

prashantacmet
November 7th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Bhai Damdar Faisla ek to le liya Kisaano k liye..Dhaan, wheat ke MSP ke uper...baaki tu nyu bata ke gande k pisse mile s ak nahi...

maada -motta mila hai...log-baag to birda hi rahe hai eibbe bhi

Samarkadian
November 7th, 2014, 12:45 PM
maada -motta mila hai...log-baag to birda hi rahe hai eibbe bhi

Bullet train me bitha de jo birda re h ..key bera nyi train m jhul jhul apne gel hua dhokha bhul ja...

vdhillon
November 7th, 2014, 12:53 PM
IMH, BJP govt at center ha taken an approach of MANAGED PHASED CHANGE instead of one BIG BANG ANARCHIST (Kejriwal-style) approach.

A. ANARCHIST APPROACH TO CHANGE CARRIES BIGGER RISK
Radical change requires drastic efforts i.e. but we run the risk of things going haywire in anarchy with loss of peace, stability, and higher risk of things going wrong.

B. DISRUPTIVE INNOVATIVE CHANGE CAN BE BROUGHT IN A PHASED MANNER BUT TAKES LONGER
However "disruptive innovation or changes" can still be brought about without the risks of sudden and drastic changes via anarchist approach. Way to go is changes in PHASES, changes that are well planned in advanced and executed in a MANAGED manner.

C. PHASED IS LOWER-RISK & CAN BE EXPEDITED
Why in PHASES? Because people may complain about the status quo because even when people ''desire'' a change for the betterment when things are degrading, they still resist radical overnight changes due to the fear of the unknown & unfamiliar due to the perceived loss-of-control over their circumstances, no matter how dire their current circumstances with which they have already come to terms with by learning to maneuver around e.g. jugad ki rajneeti, corruption in obtaining civic services, need for cultivating political connections through caste/religion/gotra-based rotten (and often dynastic_ system of political patronship to get things done in a corrupt system (which they are entitled to get done without dynastic-patronage-system-of-politics in an honest corruption-free system). I can go on and on... To cut it short, people resist dramatic change even when they desire it. TO bring about the change, visionary leaders need to assess the people's/follower's readiness for the change, and then go about planned-and-phased change with tight change-monitoring-and-control-system. This process of phased change can be expedited by making people more amneable to change through awareness, show them benefits of positive changes brought about earlier phases of change management (though it may have caused some disruption and discomfort but positives outweighed negatives).

D. INDICATIVE METHODOLOGY
Go with a phased change, in a planned and controlled manner to eliminate risk of things going wrong, but expedite the speed of change by preparing people for change through awareness, delivering benefits of earlier phases of change and bringing about policy and legislative changes.

E. LIKELY APPROACH TAKEN BY BJP TO EXECUTE THE ABOVE

In my view BJP is already doing stage-1 & 2, and seems to be working on stage-3 behind the scenes but we will know this after the winter session of parliament has passed if they bring changes to execute stage-3 or they stick to more orthodox and slower approach of just sticking to stage-1 and 2.

Stage-1: Plug the leakage, stem the rot of UPA
In absence of any clearly stated road map for the change, my guesstimate is that Modi-led BJP is first going with plugging the gaps (stop leakage to steady the ship e.g. take quick decisions, empower decision makers, automate processes (bring them online), etc) because UPA was letting things fall apart through policy paralysis which created more holes in the ship (nation, policy, decision making, etc).

Stage-2: Quick wins, low efforts/tweaks/discomfort, high gains, high visibility/popularity
Next is going after quick wins, collecting low-hanging fruits (min effort, max gain, specially that are visible to public) i.e. minor changes to the way things work, expedite project approval process (env approvals, schacchata abhiyan including ganges, financial inclusion which so far has brought 5000crore rupees in the bankign system which can circulate in the economy instead of sitting at homes of poor under their "gudadi").

Stage-3: Contentious but not-so-radical changes: changes popular among masses but there might be few who resist it
Next level up is bigger changes, which will require reorganization and legislative changes. This may include contentious issues of privatization (but not so radical) e.g. railway, PSU (specially sick ones but the divestment of likes of money-sink-hole Air India may be pushed to the 4th stage), tweaking land acquisition legislation and its implementation, business friendly yet fair-to-employee labor reforms, etc.

Stage-4: Bigger and unpopular changes, more resistance from masses but eventually good for all.
Higher up is fourth stage of radical changes in legislation those will entail tough and unpopular changes that are EVENTUALLY GOOD for the masses even though they may not see it now or there may be significant pockets of mass resistance e.g. thats what Lee Kwan Yeo of Singapore did, voters are king in democracy but they are not subject-matter experts in all domains and they may not know what is best for them in (I emphasize the following words) "short-medium term", they only come to realize the benefits after having gone through the cycle of change after resisting it. I feel BJP may dare to go this way only after Modi gains more confidence through first 3 stages (he is pursuing first two and seems not be working on planning the 3rd - we will see of he makes progress on this 3rd one when winter session of the parliament commences) and as BJP gains more members in Rajya Sabha over next 2 to 5 years through winning more Vidhan Sabha in different states. These bigger changes might come in NDA-2's during MODI next term as PM.

My guesstimate only. Of course there are many ifs and buts and so many things could change between now and then. But seems a pragmatic and most plausible scenario based on current parameters. And all of could be wrong if underlying assumptions I had made above turn out to be different.

Bhaiyo, apology for the formal and clinical tone of the response. But I felt Kankra saab has made an interesting post and it deserves a sincere effort on our part to respond to it.

RathiJi
November 7th, 2014, 12:56 PM
He is no longer a Jat as he is in BJP now :)

Please don't stop here only. Call him Bahman & then cry , beat your chest feel vindictive. :)

swaich
November 7th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Welcome back .. Bhai jail gaya tha ke dikha nahi 6 mahine se. Post election! ;)

You guessed right. Sadma bahut jyada tha.. lol;) Though I did comment when the election results were announced.

Actually, the past 8-9 months have been really busy on the personal and professional front. My daughter was born in March, plus the workplace also got very hectic. So I just switched off social media in general. But glad to be back.:)

RathiJi
November 7th, 2014, 01:55 PM
You guessed right. Sadma bahut jyada tha.. lol;) Though I did comment when the election results were announced.

Actually, the past 8-9 months have been really busy on the personal and professional front. My daughter was born in March, plus the workplace also got very hectic. So I just switched off social media in general. But glad to be back.:)

Congratulations & welcome aboard. Sadma ab theek sa ho liya hoga state elections bhi nipat liye batere. ;)

rskankara
November 7th, 2014, 02:04 PM
congratulations Jaspreet... Being busy is always good....

swaich
November 7th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Congratulations & welcome aboard. Sadma ab theek sa ho liya hoga state elections bhi nipat liye batere. ;)
Thanks. :)

vk23
November 7th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Friend,

Spare this forum with your biased views. We can accept that you don't like BJP et all. But don't spread rumors against such a good initiative like Swchhata Abhiyaan. In Islaam "safai" is an essential thing for a human. I think now you should stop doing your holy ritual "Woozoo" if you don't like Swchhata.:livid:
Nothing biased my friend. Its the fact and truth. All political gimmicks to make people fool. Congress ran Nirmal Abhiyan on the same lines with less cost. Anyways the person who is talking so high about Swatchta was sleeping for 15 years in his home state. Millions of people have no toilet access there. They still defecate in open. Charity begins at home. I am not against this abhiyan but I have not seen any concrete work in terms of policies. Its like renaming and framing UPA govt Nirmal Abhiyan and wasting so much money on Ads and PRs.

His own ministers are faking this abhiyan. Yesterday's example was the classic one. What else one need to know about their intentions!

vk23
November 7th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Nothing skeptical my friend. That is the reality. Running ads won't solve the problem. Many Politicians are more interested in photo shoot than solving problem.

vk23
November 7th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Railway budget was another thing. Instead of fixing Indian Railways, this government is more interested in High Speed costly Bullet Trains. I am not against these bullet trains but what about fixing the current railways which is in shambles. Just around Diwali time, people who bought their tickets in advance could not even get a seat in the train due to so much crowd. So many people missed the train despite paying the ticket. Toilets in trains are stinking. No hygiene, no proper planning. No significant focus on safety. Just focus is on Bullet Trains.

vk23
November 7th, 2014, 03:28 PM
BJP's White lies exposed on black money:

Stand in the years before and during the run-up to the 2014 election campaign:

1) “The government’s argument that it can reveal the names to the Supreme Court but not to the public due to double taxation is baseless.” - Shri Ravishankar Prasad in January 2011

2) “Any reluctance in declaring the names of Swiss bank account holders will simply raise doubts about the integrity of people at the helm.” -Shri Nitin Gadkari in January 2011

3) BJP has launched a nationwide campaign against black money through its yatra against led by Shri. L K Advani and it made black money one of the main issue in the 2009 elections. We reiterate our stand against the black money and our resolve to bring it back through necessary legal and other decisions.- ECONOMIC RESOLUTION PASSED IN BJP NATIONAL COUNCIL MEETING AT RAMLILA GROUND, NEW DELHI on 18 January 2014

4) "Black money would be brought back within 100 days if the party was voted to power" - Rajnath Singh on 17th April 2014

5) “The government has consistently failed to bring back Indian black money. This is because the government is merely engaged in cover-up. The government is trying to justify this by saying it has signed double taxation avoidance agreements with these countries" - Prakash Javdekar in July 2011

6) "Baba Ramdev was only going to villages and cities to create awareness on Blackmoney and promised to bring our money back but UPA opposed it" - Modi in 2013

7) Tweets by Mr.Modi in addition to 300 speeches during the campaign where he promised that every Indian would get Rs15 lakhs into his account if all the black money returned back to India.

“why is the Money Laundering Act not being used to track black money abroad” - February 2011

“We truly respect issues @yogrishiramdev raises, be it stopping corruption & bringing back black money...’’ on March 23, 2014;

“...NDA will bring back every paisa that is stashed abroad’’ on March 30, 2014

vk23
November 7th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Stand after May 2014 by the BJP led government:

1) "We have no difficulty in making names public. But they can be made public only in accordance with due process of law. And the due process of law has been constrained by DTAA (Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement) which was entered into between India and Germany when the Congress Party was in power on June 19, 1995" - FM Arun Jaitley on 17th October 2014

2) "Under the terms of the treaties, the information can be quoted from the court files or decisions but no directions can be given to the government to disclose all documents or information received." - Pg. 18 of the affidavit filed by the BJP government in Supreme Court in the Black money case recently.

The 360 degree turn taken by the BJP on the issue of black money is evident. Yet, the BJP continues to perpetrate some white lies on this which have been busted by the stinging observations of the Supreme court yesterday.

Lie No.1: BJP government in its first cabinet meeting itself constituted the SIT (Special Investigating Team) to unearth black money. There is no doubt when it comes to the intention of the BJP!

Truth: The Central government was constrained by the compulsory order of the Supreme Court delivered in May 2014 to do so. It had no option and chose to make a virtue out of a necessity!

Lie No.2: Process of law has been constrained by DTAA (Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement) which was entered into between India and Germany when the Congress Party was in power on June 19, 1995

Truth: 14 such DTAA agreements that included the confidentiality clause, which is now being used as an excuse by the BJP government itself were concluded by the NDA government during 1998-2004 when Mr.Jaitley was the Law Minister! The BJP never thought of amending the confidentiality clause even while amending the 3 DTAA agreements during their previous regime, including the one with Switzerland! Moreover, in July, 2011 the Supreme Court in its order had said that the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAA) doesn’t deter the Government to disclose the name of account holders who have stashed black money abroad. (Para 56)

Lie No.3: The BJP government has shown intent and demonstrated action by disclosing three names out of 800 odd names!

Truth: Even though Mr.Jaitley tried to use innuendo to suggest that Congress would be embarrassed if names of black money account holders was revealed, for some inexplicable reason he chose to disclose three names, which seem to be at best the tip of the tip of the imaginary ice-berg he had conjured up. The truth is that the Congress party did much more.
In April 2014, the UPA government disclosed to the SC the names of 26 people who had accounts in banks in Liechtenstein, as revealed to India by German authorities. In the HSBC list of 628 names, which was also procured during the UPA regime, 613 are individuals and 15 are entities — 122 names are repeated.The Income-Tax investigation, which started in July 2011, has resulted in search and seizures in 142 cases, surveys in 8, open enquiries in 418, suo motu cases in 17, and discreet enquiries in 4 cases. Far more than what BJP government has achieved in last 5 months.

Lie No.4: The BJP government has no qualms in disclosing account holder's names to the Supreme Court. Had already provided the list to the SIT in June 2014!

Truth: If the BJP has no qualms, as they claim, why the reluctance in sharing with the SC what they share with the SIT, formed on the orders of the SC? What has the SIT, which consists of bureaucrats from the Government of India, who individually achieved nothing, done or achieved after receiving the names in June 2014? Why did the BJP government seek to modify the 2011 order of the Supreme Court requiring disclosure of the names if they had no issues?

Perhaps, this is the reason why the Supreme Court made some stinging remarks directed towards Mr.Modi's government asking why the government was providing a "protective umbrella" to foreign bank account holders? Frustrated with the government's efforts including that of the SIT, the judges observed "We can't leave the issue of bringing back black money to the government. It will never happen during our time." Now that sounds like a vote of no-confidence being expressed against the BJP government!

Today, on 29th October 2014, the Supreme Court has ordered the BJP government to submit all the names of account holders in its possession. Will be interesting to see if the BJP spin doctors, after this white wash on the issue of Black money, can take credit for this too!

ayushkadyan
November 7th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Nothing biased my friend. Its the fact and truth. All political gimmicks to make people fool. Congress ran Nirmal Abhiyan on the same lines with less cost.

Man, this campaign is just to raise the level of awareness among the Indian citizens about the necessity of cleanliness. There is no politics associated with it. and why you are sounding like a congress (UPA) spokesman. There is no question to give credit to BJP or Congress. Keep things simple. If politician, actors or socialites are associated with this mission it's just because of they have a support/follower base. If they involved with such initiative then it can inspire to others on mass level nothing else. There are so many things where you can use your political wisdom. Don't criticize things just for the sake of criticism.

Anyways the person who is talking so high about Swatchta was sleeping for 15 years in his home state. Millions of people have no toilet access there. They still defecate in open. Charity begins at home. I am not against this abhiyan but I have not seen any concrete work in terms of policies. Its like renaming and framing UPA govt Nirmal Abhiyan and wasting so much money on Ads and PRs.

What he has done in past years it's not a question now. Question should be here what he is doing now. Same thing can be asked to congress if they had launched the Nirmal Abhiyan then why did they fail to make it a campaign.

His own ministers are faking this abhiyan. Yesterday's example was the classic one. What else one need to know about their intentions!

As far as the controversy is concerned it's nothing to do with government. That was a program which was organized by a Islamic agency.

cooljat
November 7th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Koi baat nahi grief was short lived as angel brought happiness and bliss. Congratulations! :)

vdhillon
November 7th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Bhai, nothing wrong in renaming and reframing. A new innovation is built upon previous work, new work is built upon older established wisdom. A good leader takes what everybody wants and had been taking about but instead of older DEFENSIVE APOLOGETIC ASHAMED approach about community hygiene standards, MODI took CONFIDENT IN-YOUR-FACE (confronting without shaming or creating conflict). Even if repackaged the also-ran lame-duck uninspiring schemes f older regime in which older regime (UPA) itself had no confidence, if MODI has been able to INSPIRE masses to TRUST themselves to bring about the change then isn't that a good thing. Naysayers/doomsdayers/armchair-intellectuals vs Leaders: both know the problems and answers to the problems. LEADERS take the solutions that everyone talk about (but no one has confidence or inspiration to execute), and creates MASS MOVEMENT through AWARENESS 9which MODI did).

100% credit to MODI for NOT giving up on things that needed to be done, which UPA tried in uninspiring apologetic ways and failed, and MODI came, he saw, he took charge, he inspired us, he surely is creating BIG AWARENESS. Awareness is 1st step towards fixing the problem, sure a lot more needs to be done. About tangible outcome, give him more time to fix what UPA destroyed in 10 years, we all know it takes more effort and time to CREATE than destroy, UPA ke khode hue khadde bharne mein time lage ga. YOU AND ME HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY too, lets start with not-being-skeptical but by being enthused and do our part, yey! yey! go Modi go, here we come with ya! :)

Nothing biased my friend. Its the fact and truth. All political gimmicks to make people fool. Congress ran Nirmal Abhiyan on the same lines with less cost. Anyways the person who is talking so high about Swatchta was sleeping for 15 years in his home state. Millions of people have no toilet access there. They still defecate in open. Charity begins at home. I am not against this abhiyan but I have not seen any concrete work in terms of policies. Its like renaming and framing UPA govt Nirmal Abhiyan and wasting so much money on Ads and PRs.

vk23
November 7th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Man, this campaign is just to raise the level of awareness among the Indian citizens about the necessity of cleanliness. There is no politics associated with it. and why you are sounding like a congress (UPA) spokesman. There is no question to give credit to BJP or Congress. Keep things simple. If politician, actors or socialites are associated with this mission it's just because of they have a support/follower base. If they involved with such initiative then it can inspire to others on mass level nothing else. There are so many things where you can use your political wisdom. Don't criticize things just for the sake of criticism.

What he has done in past years it's not a question now. Question should be here what he is doing now. Same thing can be asked to congress if they had launched the Nirmal Abhiyan then why did they fail to make it a campaign.

As far as the controversy is concerned it's nothing to do with government. That was a program which was organized by a Islamic agency.

We have seen similar mission previously. So many on black money and corruption. We have seen people and celebrities participating in Jan Andolan for Lokpal bill. All bubble got burst as time passed by. No concrete framework was implemented to prevent corruption. My friend this clean drive will also receive the same fate if no concrete and radical changes have been implemented in the scheme.

This Swatch bharat abhiyan is no different from other drives we had in the past.

Kindly read a brilliant analysis on the same:

https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.wordpress.com/2014/10/02/bjps-swachch-bharat-abhiyaan-upas-nirmal-bharat-abhiyaan/comment-page-1/

India shares the burden on 59.8% of the world’s open defecation, with 597 million Indians practising open defecation (Figure 1). Furthermore, the rural-urban inequality in usage of sanitation facilities is stark, with open defecation rates in urban areas at 12% while the same number in rural areas is 65% in 2012 (Figure 2).
https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-01-at-10-45-26-pm.png?w=300&h=151 (https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-01-at-10-45-26-pm.png)
Figure 1: Open Defecation in India: 2012 WHO Report

https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-01-at-10-53-09-pm.png?w=300&h=153 (https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-01-at-10-53-09-pm.png)
Figure 2: Usage of Sanitation Facilities: Rural-Urban Divide: 2012 WHO Report

Common sense would state that a radical overhaul of our drinking water and sanitation policy is required with targeted focus on rural areas. However, a close look at the new government’s first Union Budget reveals budgetary manipulation rather than radical overhaul.

Figure 3 and Figure 4, pasted below, are taken from theExpenditure Statement of the Union Budget 2014-15 (http://indiabudget.nic.in/vol2.asp?pageid=3) for theMinistry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MoDWS) (http://indiabudget.nic.in/ub2014-15/eb/sbe29.pdf), which clearly show that allocations made by UPA have simply been transferred over by the BJP. The total allocation made by P. Chidambaram and Arun Jaitley for the MoDWS stands at Rs. 15,260 crore with the National Rural Drinking Water Programme receiving Rs. 11,000 crores and the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyaan (NBA) receiving Rs. 4,260 crores. The budgetary allocation and line items for the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyaan and the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan are exactly the same. When I spoke to some budgetary experts, they told me that this same allocation keeps happening every budget, and all that every government does, is to tweak a few crores here and there, and give it a new name. The newest incarnation is the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, a project that has been renamed 4 times in the past.

https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-01-at-11-20-55-pm.png?w=300&h=159 (https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-01-at-11-20-55-pm.png)
Drinking Water and Sanitation Expenditure Budget Statement from 2014 Budget: Part-1

https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-01-at-11-22-03-pm.png?w=300&h=144 (https://indianpoliticsandpolicy.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/screen-shot-2014-10-01-at-11-22-03-pm.png)
Drinking Water and Sanitation Expenditure Budget Statement from 2014 Budget: Part-2

I hate to bust your bubble but at least from an accountant’s perspective, this “Clean India” campaign or Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan is exactly the same as any of its predecessors.

vk23
November 7th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Bhai, nothing wrong in renaming and reframing. A new innovation is built upon previous work, new work is built upon older established wisdom. A good leader takes what everybody wants and had been taking about but instead of older DEFENSIVE APOLOGETIC ASHAMED approach about community hygiene standards, MODI took CONFIDENT IN-YOUR-FACE (confronting without shaming or creating conflict). Even if repackaged the also-ran lame-duck uninspiring schemes f older regime in which older regime (UPA) itself had no confidence, if MODI has been able to INSPIRE masses to TRUST themselves to bring about the change then isn't that a good thing. Naysayers/doomsdayers/armchair-intellectuals vs Leaders: both know the problems and answers to the problems. LEADERS take the solutions that everyone talk about (but no one has confidence or inspiration to execute), and creates MASS MOVEMENT through AWARENESS 9which MODI did).

100% credit to MODI for NOT giving up on things that needed to be done, which UPA tried in uninspiring apologetic ways and failed, and MODI came, he saw, he took charge, he inspired us, he surely is creating BIG AWARENESS. Awareness is 1st step towards fixing the problem, sure a lot more needs to be done. About tangible outcome, give him more time to fix what UPA destroyed in 10 years, we all know it takes more effort and time to CREATE than destroy, UPA ke khode hue khadde bharne mein time lage ga. YOU AND ME HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY too, lets start with not-being-skeptical but by being enthused and do our part, yey! yey! go Modi go, here we come with ya! :)
Sir Ji, agree with most of your points. Awareness is necessary and all. Agree. I am not against any cleanliness drive. But the issue is the intentions. Awareness is required by all means but framework is same as the old one. No change in framework and budget allocation. As usual unrealistic deadlines to achieve with no ground work. Instead of promising to people and using this opportunity for shows, this governments needs to setup right framework. Otherwise it will be same sarkari doldrum. Nothing different.

ganeshjat
November 7th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Sir Ji, agree with most of your points. Awareness is necessary and all. Agree. I am not against any cleanliness drive. But the issue is the intentions. Awareness is required by all means but framework is same as the old one. No change in framework and budget allocation. As usual unrealistic deadlines to achieve with no ground work. Instead of promising to people and using this opportunity for shows, this governments needs to setup right framework. Otherwise it will be same sarkari doldrum. Nothing different.

क्लीन इंडिया, ये एक ऐसा काम हैं जो एक दिन मे , या सिर्फ़ सरकारी तन्त्र से संभव नही है. इसमे हर एक individual को involve होना पड़ेगा . अपनी habits चेंज करनी पड़ेगी ये इतना आसान नही हैं. हमको सरकार के इस प्रयास की सराहना करनी चाहिए की कम से कम उन्होने intiative तो लिया है, जिसकी वजह से इंडिया मे पहली बार इस टॉपिक पे debate हो रही हैं. ये सरकार से ज़्यादा आम लोगो के intention पे success होगा , सरकार जागरूकता फ़ैलाने का काम कर रही है. और अभी तक इस मिशन मे सरकार ने जो भी किया हैं वो सराहनिया हैं.
कल मैं एक गुमटी पे चाय पी रहा था , गुमटी वाला हर cig और गुटके खरीदने वाले को बोल रहा था की खाली पाउच और cig butts डस्टबिन मे ही डाले , वर्ना समान नही देगा. ये बदलाव के संकेत है, सरकार अगर बिना कोई बड़ी प्लॅनिंग के भी अगर ये जागरूकता अभियान जारी रखती हैं तो ज़मीनी स्तर पे बहूत फ़र्क पड़ेगा. बड़ी बड़ी प्लांनिंग वाली स्कीम्स इंडिया मे ज़्यादातर फैल ही रही हैं.

ayushkadyan
November 7th, 2014, 05:23 PM
We have seen similar mission previously. So many on black money and corruption. We have seen people and celebrities participating in Jan Andolan for Lokpal bill. All bubble got burst as time passed by. No concrete framework was implemented to prevent corruption. My friend this clean drive will also receive the same fate if no concrete and radical changes have been implemented in the scheme.

This Swatch bharat abhiyan is no different from other drives we had in the past.

So you want to prove whatever government is doing for cleanliness is just to take the political benefits. I never seen a silly logic like you have given. So man stop doing your daily routine cleaning. May be government take the credit of your efforts.
Government is saying to develop a habit to keep things clean in your surrounding. The mission of this scheme is to develop a culture of cleanliness. Anything else you need to understand. Tell me.

ChsomvirDalal
November 7th, 2014, 06:00 PM
भाजपा झुठे वादों की और केंद्र काँग्रेश दादे परदादाओ
भाजपा तो साली लोगों की भावनाओ के साथ खिलवाड़ कर रहीं है और लोगों को बहका रही है. ..
भाजपा के आते ही जाट आरक्षण के उपर मुकदमा फिर उछल गया है. .

vdhillon
November 7th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Those who can, they DO,
Those who can't, they make NOISE.

Reproducing another post by Rajpal Dular.

रेल के इंजन के पास खड़े होकर देखो, काम करने वाली भाप का स्*वर कोई नहीं सुनता, केवल व्*यर्थ जाने वाली भाप ही शोर मचाती है, जो ऊर्जा और शक्ति तुम्*हारे भीतर उपयोग हो रही है वह गुप्*त और अज्ञात रहती है, तुम जो शोर मचाते फिरते हो और उपद्रव करते हो यह बेकार जाने वाली बिना काम की ऊर्जा और शक्ति है।

rskankara
November 7th, 2014, 07:22 PM
राजस्थान से 2 जाटों के नाम चर्चा मे है.... कर्नल सोना राम और सावरलाल जाट..... देखो क्या होता है...

swaich
November 7th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Koi baat nahi grief was short lived as angel brought happiness and bliss. Congratulations! :)

Thanks. Well, no grief. I was surprised at the margin of victory though. In any case, I obviously want my country to do well, under any leadership. So if Modi does well, I'd be more than happy for my country's sake. I will still not like him or trust the devil inside him, but its not like he's waiting for my acceptance. :)

swaich
November 7th, 2014, 07:53 PM
On topic - I think the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is commendable effort for a long standing and embarrassing problem for the country. But I think it lacks focus and we may be prioritizing the wrong attributes.

Yes, self awareness among the public and taking responsibility of the cleanliness of our streets, neighborhoods is fine and required. But we aren't as collectivist a society as China or Japan. We lack sufficient pride in our country's assets and what works in India is the govt's lead or the govt officials owning their responsibility.

Most of us educated and take care not to litter, but even despite our best efforts when we don't find a dustbin or a mode of disposal, we are forced to throw it out. That is where the govt's role assumes more importance than an individuals. There has to be an effort on -
1. Placing more dustbins,
2. Cleaning streets regularly and properly
3. Accountability of civic officials & healthcare department
4. Waste management plan

The SBA lacks all of these. Instead its been reduced to tokenisms by eager to please ministers and favor seeking industrialists.

Take the case of two shining examples of cleanliness run by public/semi-public sector organizations - the Delhi Metro and the newly built Airport terminals in metro cities. The metro remains clean because it was clean to begin with, was maintained well by the authorities and fines were strictly imposed. Ditto for the airports. Untill all of this happens for our streets, neighborhoods and villages, the general public will not take the SBA seriously. We simply do not trust the words and promises of govt officials and elected people enough to take the extra step unless we first see them executing their responsibility well.

rskankara
November 7th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Well said, charity begins from home... It is a simple, but every one should have determination to practice it in day to day life. Focus must be (a) reducing /minimising the waste generation at source and b) management of waste. At work place, plan and policies should be drawn at unit scale considering the local unit attributes.