PDA

View Full Version : Geographical spread of JL users: Where you currently are (usual place of residence)?

vdhillon
November 17th, 2014, 02:59 PM
This may not be a representative sample, as many JL users read the posts without becoming members or without logging in, they might not vote the answers. Just a check to get the hang of geo-spread of active JL members.

Diverse geo-spread of JL members bring different set of hands-on on-the-ground experience and suggestions, diversity is good, as it offers more opportunities to learn from each other through dialogue.

ayushkadyan
November 17th, 2014, 03:18 PM
This may not be a representative sample, as many JL users read the posts without becoming members or without logging in, they might not vote the answers. Just a check to get the hang of geo-spread of active JL members.

Diverse geo-spread of JL members bring different set of hands-on on-the-ground experience and suggestions, diversity is good, as it offers more opportunities to learn from each other through dialogue.

Bhai,

Only GPS tracking can work here;).. People feel uncomfortable to reveal their geographical location.. I think moderators have run a program to verify the JL members identity few months ago.

vdhillon
November 17th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Ok bhai, no worries. I understand the concern for the privacy.

Most of us have origin in the rural land and most of us have FIRST HAND experience of rural life, but Jats have spread far and wide, which is a good thing, its just a check to see who is where e.g. people can inbox directly if they need to clarify something or need first hand understanding of situation on the ground, etc.

Thanks for letting me know.

Bhai,

Only GPS tracking can work here;).. People feel uncomfortable to reveal their geographical location.. I think moderators have run a program to verify the JL members identity few months ago.

ayushkadyan
November 17th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Ok bhai, no worries. I understand the concern for the privacy.

Most of us have origin in the rural land and most of us have FIRST HAND experience of rural life, but Jats have spread far and wide, which is a good thing, its just a check to see who is where e.g. people can inbox directly if they need to clarify something or need first hand understanding of situation on the ground, etc.

Thanks for letting me know.

Now members have started voting (including me I was the first one). :triumphant:

Arvindc
November 17th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Bhai,

You mean to identify the duplicates, people having more than one JL id. Other than that, modes/admins do not have info on identity, they just have some unverified info on active rough location though.

desijat
November 18th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Moderation is quite strict on duplicate IDs, I guess IP tracking is one of the measures used.
You mean to identify the duplicates, people having more than one JL id. Other than that, modes/admins do not have info on identity, they just have some unverified info on active rough location though.

ayushkadyan
November 18th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Moderation is quite strict on duplicate IDs, I guess IP tracking is one of the measures used.

IP tracking can be manipulated through proxy servers..

ayushkadyan
November 18th, 2014, 07:48 PM

I don't think so it can make any difference whether someone has single ID or multiple IDs. The crux of the matter is member should be a Hindu Jat having reliable credentials. At this forum we would like to see what kind of values a member can add through his/her thoughts.

desijat
November 18th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I don't think anyone will have that much of time, or strength to waste
IP tracking can be manipulated through proxy servers..

ayushkadyan
November 18th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I don't think anyone will have that much of time, or strength to waste

I use proxy servers in my office when I find any site blocked ;)..not a big deal..there are many sites which offer free proxy ip address..

rekhasmriti
November 22nd, 2014, 01:15 PM
If I am not wrong .....people would be hesitant sharing exact location ( including me ) .

Options given pretty much fine and safely chosen.....I do not see any reason why somebody would feel hesitant in choosing .

However I could not understand the objective ......