PDA

View Full Version : Selfless love begets love

bls31
January 28th, 2015, 03:32 PM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BLS%7E1.OMS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/2015_jan_0022.JPGfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BLS%7E1.OMS/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/2015_jan_0022.JPG
Having driven from Greater Noida to AV I, for a lunch engagement, I am trying to locate a slot for parking the car, where seemingly, half of Noida has converged
and occupied the limited space available in the vicinity of A V I, on this Saturday afternoon. With some luck and much effort I do ultimately manage one on the Dadri link Road that has the Sector 29 dwellings on both its flanks.

As I step out, my eyes get arrested by a strange tableau, on the pavement adjacent to the boundary wall of the house, where I have parked, sitting on an old baby quilt is a mongrel mother with her two pups, both well protected against the biting cold, with fitting woollen coats, flanking her. The trio are enjoying the soaking warmth of the sun that has just broken through the thinning fog... Nothing unusual, in the sight, except that some one has taken trouble to make the life a bit comfortable for this family of street dogs, generally shunned and detested by all and sundry.

A few steps ahead, I notice the lady of the house, their benefactor, who seeing their plight, due the extreme cold, had made the gesture, leaning across the house-gate and lovingly looking at her charge.

Walking towards AVI, as I cross her, touched by her compassion, I cannot but help complement her on her kindness to the underdogs, and in return am reward with a warm smile of appreciation.

After the post lunch, hosted by I E T E Noida, lingering as I return to retrieve my car for the return journey, I am rewarded with another strange sight: the lady of the house now on to the road is surrounded by a gaggle of street dogs, along with those of her personal charge, wagging tails and salivating tongues, the more adventurous, in excitement, trying to climb all over her, reciprocating her affection in their own way visible by their constant yelping and frenzied body language, while the Good Samaritan of a lady, unmindful of the jostling she is being subjected to, is enjoying the commotion and display of unmitigated love and affection on display by the mongrels.

I feel all the respect for the stranger of a lady for her love and concern for the so called man’s best friend and am convinced, if convincing is require that Selfless Love begets Love,.
bls31