PDA

View Full Version : Indo European langauges and Jat family name Meadh

maddhan1979
September 20th, 2015, 11:22 AM
It is interesting to see, how words are spelled.

The family name "Meadhhan" or "Maddhan" or "Madhan", comes from middle east and might have its origins in central Asian nomadic tribes.

Iranic pronunciation for it is "Meadh", it is interesting to, while there is a similar sounding word with a different origin called "Mit", while "Mit" is similar to "Meet", both the words "Meadh" and "Mit" seem to be coming from different origins. While "Meadh" might be more closer to Indo European word "Mead" which connects with english word meadow. Now the question arises, Who would have kept such a family names? The answer might be present in ancient lifestyles, i.e. who would have associated themselves with a place like "Meadow"? naturally shepherds, the next question is what animal were these people grazing? The answer might be present in the ancient kingdom of "Media", Median kingdom was established by "Mead's".

drssrana2003
September 20th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Madhan is the name of a tribe settled in the marshy lands of South Iraq. They are primarily buffalo breeders and are believed to have migrated from the Indus Delta via coastal routes.

maddhan1979
September 20th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Madhan is the name of a tribe settled in the marshy lands of South Iraq. They are primarily buffalo breeders and are believed to have migrated from the Indus Delta via coastal routes.

Kindly site an authentic website, which states, what u said.

maddhan1979
September 20th, 2015, 09:12 PM

You might be bit confused there are lot of similar words, which look very close but are not same.

If u listen to national anthem of Kurds, which is very old, they say about "Medes" in their national anthem.

As per the Arabs, i have not seen any archaeological work. If u have some archaeological work which proves, what u say, then it will good to read.

At least i have not seen any archaeological work which states that people of Median empire or Kurds were living in the marshy areas of Iraq in very ancient times.

maddhan1979
September 20th, 2015, 09:22 PM

You must also remember that the name u are stating is in Arabic and not Persian.

It might sound differently than in Persian. In Persian the name "Meadh" or "Mede" sound same as softer form Hindi. There is archaeological proof of northern Iranian origin of these tribes.

DrRajpalSingh
September 20th, 2015, 09:31 PM
Kindly site an authentic website, which states, what u said.

The research book on Madaan Tribe [ the buffalo breeders who migrated from India] and one more tribe Malik is a comprehensive history of the two Jat Tribes carried out by a German Couple. The study is published <dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; color: rgb(37, 37, 37); font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 17.5px; line-height: 25.4545px;">
</dd><dt style="font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 0.1em; line-height: 25.4545px;">Jats of Pakistan (http://www.jatland.com/home/Jats_of_Pakistan) - Some content online</dt><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; line-height: 25.4545px;">By Sigrid Westphal-Hellbusch (http://www.jatland.com/home/Sigrid_Westphal-Hellbusch) and Heinz Westphal (http://www.jatland.com/home/Heinz_Westphal)</dd><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; line-height: 25.4545px;">Publisher: Berlin : Duncker, & Humblot, 1968</dd>

DrRajpalSingh
September 20th, 2015, 09:39 PM
You might be bit confused there are lot of similar words, which look very close but are not same.

If u listen to national anthem of Kurds, which is very old, they say about "Medes" in their national anthem.

As per the Arabs, i have not seen any archaeological work. If u have some archaeological work which proves, what u say, then it will good to read.

At least i have not seen any archaeological work which states that people of Median empire or Kurds were living in the marshy areas of Iraq.

Madaan Jat tribe is still living in marshy areas of Iraq for reference read the above quoted field based research book .

You are also requested to authenticate with proof [preferably from your pet phrase archeological work] your comments and kindly do not use words like 'confused' for senior members.

Thanks and regards

DrRajpalSingh
September 20th, 2015, 09:42 PM
You must also remember that the name u are stating is in Arabic and not Persian.

It might sound differently then in Persian. In Persian the name "Meadh" or "Mede" sound same as softer form Hindi. There is archaeological proof of northern Iranian origin of these tribes.

Dr Rana is talking about Madhan/Madaan and not about meadh or mede. Kindly see who is confused and who is not.

drssrana2003
September 20th, 2015, 09:46 PM

At least i have not seen any archaeological work which states that people of Median empire or Kurds were living in the marshy areas of Iraq.

I think it is a little hastey to call some one confused.We must maintain our civility.

DrRajpalSingh
September 20th, 2015, 09:48 PM

The family name "Meadhhan" or "Maddhan" or "Madhan", comes from middle east and might have its origins in central Asian nomadic tribes.

You are not sure whether it is or it might have its origin in central asian nomadic tribes and have quoted none of the source of information for reference cross check. Kindly quote source so that discussion could be taken up further !

maddhan1979
September 21st, 2015, 06:46 AM
The research book on Madaan Tribe [ the buffalo breeders who migrated from India] and one more tribe Malik is a comprehensive history of the two Jat Tribes carried out by a German Couple. The study is published <dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; color: rgb(37, 37, 37); font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 17.5px; line-height: 25.4545px;">
</dd><dt style="font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 0.1em; line-height: 25.4545px;">Jats of Pakistan (http://www.jatland.com/home/Jats_of_Pakistan) - Some content online</dt><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; line-height: 25.4545px;">By Sigrid Westphal-Hellbusch (http://www.jatland.com/home/Sigrid_Westphal-Hellbusch) and Heinz Westphal (http://www.jatland.com/home/Heinz_Westphal)</dd><dd style="margin-left: 1.6em; margin-bottom: 0.1em; margin-right: 0px; line-height: 25.4545px;">Publisher: Berlin : Duncker, & Humblot, 1968</dd>

The arguments and counter arguments are endless. Did the "German Couple" you mention study the linguistic connection?

You can read something about Kurds here:

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=xgXICQAAQBAJ&pg=PT43&lpg=PT43&dq=ancestors+of+kurds+archaeological+evidence&source=bl&ots=2PQuCFkCu3&sig=hm9yiwCgvQUQNAYdfO9mGfgUW-4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAmoVChMI_eGzrPGGyAIVzFmOCh0I7QnL#v=on epage&q=ancestors%20of%20kurds%20archaeological%20eviden ce&f=false

and here:

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=19564

As i stated before, the word you say as is "Madaan", this word is in Arabic, i do not know, how it is spelled in Arabic. Remember "in language development verbal form emerged first and then came the written form". You are showing me the written form and not the verbal form.

As per Kurds, i am showing you the verbal form, if u listen to their national anthem and secondly if we see the history of the region and their ancestors we find that these people/their ancestors were living long before the Arabic tribe you mention were living at that place. Thirdly we are talking about proto Indo European language. Only connecting point can be the hierarchy of language development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2VPAJmz8qA

Another connecting point that is there is that these people that are being mentioned were living in comparative close proximity.

maddhan1979
September 21st, 2015, 06:53 AM
You are not sure whether it is or it might have its origin in central asian nomadic tribes and have quoted none of the source of information for reference cross check. Kindly quote source so that discussion could be taken up further !

Neither do i have time for further discussion as this is not my area of research nor do i have time for references and cross references.

Yes, i am not sure because the time scale about which i talk about is very big starting from several thousand years before christ till the present day tribes. In such a big time scale people/tribes were moving from one place to another. What carried forward with these people and tribes were their language, words in languages are carried forward thousands of years, especially root words, with which people identify themselves, food words, words related with nature, climate, so on.

maddhan1979
September 21st, 2015, 06:55 AM
If u have time for this kindly site more references and cross references.

maddhan1979
September 21st, 2015, 06:58 AM
Dr Rana is talking about Madhan/Madaan and not about meadh or mede. Kindly see who is confused and who is not.

I am talking about "Meadh" and proto Indo European language and not how a word is spoken in current time period.

Even the word you say as "Madhan" is spoken in different forms at different place.

Such as "Madhhan" in softer form of Hindi. Khari boli speaking people will spell it differently.

So, we are talking two very different things, therefore it seems there is some confusion.

DrRajpalSingh
September 21st, 2015, 08:35 AM
Neither do i have time for further discussion as this is not my area of research nor do i have time for references and cross references.

Yes, i am not sure because the time scale about which i talk about is very big starting from several thousand years before christ till the present day tribes. In such a big time scale people/tribes were moving from one place to another. What carried forward with these people and tribes were their language, words in languages are carried forward thousands of years, especially root words, with which people identify themselves, food words, words related with nature, climate, so on.

Thanks for admitting futility of the vague thread discussion in the absence of supporting references !

DrRajpalSingh
September 21st, 2015, 08:40 AM
If u have time for this kindly site more references and cross references.

You might or might not have read the book under reference !

I go with findings of the above mentioned well researched book !

DrRajpalSingh
September 21st, 2015, 08:41 AM
I am talking about "Meadh" and proto Indo European language and not how a word is spoken in current time period.

Even the word you say as "Madhan" is spoken in different forms at different place.

Such as "Madhhan" in softer form of Hindi. Khari boli speaking people will spell it differently.

So, we are talking two very different things, therefore it seems there is some confusion.

Hamn........ I do not dispute your imaginative flights !

But it is requested that in view of your keenness to share your accumulated knowledge, choose 'general discussion forum' when there is no supportive evidence/reference material at your end !

You will appreciate that History has no place for 'ifs', 'buts' and 'might have been/not might have beens! It is about what took place as is supported by data available in any form as source of information !

DrRajpalSingh
September 21st, 2015, 08:53 AM
The arguments and counter arguments are endless. Did the "German Couple" you mention study the linguistic connection?

You can read something about Kurds here:

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=xgXICQAAQBAJ&pg=PT43&lpg=PT43&dq=ancestors+of+kurds+archaeological+evidence&source=bl&ots=2PQuCFkCu3&sig=hm9yiwCgvQUQNAYdfO9mGfgUW-4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAmoVChMI_eGzrPGGyAIVzFmOCh0I7QnL#v=on epage&q=ancestors%20of%20kurds%20archaeological%20eviden ce&f=false

and here:

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=19564

As i stated before, the word you say as is "Madaan", this word is in Arabic, i do not know, how it is spelled in Arabic. Remember "in language development verbal form emerged first and then came the written form". You are showing me the written form and not the verbal form.

As per Kurds, i am showing you the verbal form, if u listen to their national anthem and secondly if we see the history of the region and their ancestors we find that these people/their ancestors were living long before the Arabic tribe you mention were living at that place. Thirdly we are talking about proto Indo European language. Only connecting point can be the hierarchy of language development.

Another connecting point that is there is that these people that are being mentioned were living in comparative close proximity.

Discussion is about Madaans/Madhans and not about their neighbours Friend !

But there is no use of prolonging the discussion in view of the absence of any further . supportive references on Madhan/Madaan.

Thanks and best wishes

drssrana2003
September 21st, 2015, 01:41 PM
Discussion is about Madaans/Madhans and not about their neighbours Friend !

But there is no use of prolonging the discussion in view of the absence of any further . supportive references on Madhan/Madaan.

Thanks and best wishes

Thanks Dr. Rajpal for giving the landing signal to this delayed flight on a tumultuous course.

maddhan1979
September 23rd, 2015, 08:23 AM

In Khari boli (dialect of Hindi) it becomes: Meadh is spoken as "Madd"

maddhan1979
November 7th, 2015, 06:05 PM

Iranic pronunciation for it is "Meadh", it is interesting to, while there is a similar sounding word with a different origin called "Mit", while "Mit" is similar to "Meet", both the words "Meadh" and "Mit" seem to be coming from different origins. While "Meadh" might be more closer to Indo European word "Mead" which connects with english word meadow. Now the question arises, Who would have kept such a family names? The answer might be present in ancient lifestyles, i.e. who would have associated themselves with a place like "Meadow"? naturally shepherds, the next question is what animal were these people grazing? The answer might be present in the ancient kingdom of "Media", Median kingdom was established by "Mead's".

Another word used in some places in Indian context for Madhann is "Kaalheer",,,,,,,, While "Kaal" is a sanskrit word which means "Time" and "Heer" is an old middle eastern/maybe Persian word. It might connect with very old migration to Indian subcontinent of these people.

Now where is the root of "Heer"? "Heer", "Meer" and "Neer" all are indo european words and found across different languages.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Meer

maddhan1979
November 9th, 2015, 07:36 PM
Another word used in some places Indian context for Madhann is "Kaalheer",,,,,,,, While "Kaal" is a sanskrit word which means "Time" and "Heer" is an old middle eastern word. It might connect with very old migration to Indian subcontinent of these people.

Now where is the root of "Heer"? "Heer", "Meer" and "Neer" all are indo european words and found across different languages.

"Heer" could also connect with "Huurian kingdom" and as these people were very early migrants to Indian subcontinent from Hurrian kingdom on the , therefore they were called "Kaal" which in English language mean "Ancient". The two words "Kaal" and "Kala", the colour which means "Black", should not be confused as these are two very different words altogether, as per current context of India, Indians have all the shapes, sizes, color and races. Although these people could have been of any colour as any society of ancient times. In ancient societies, where trades were carried on horses, camels, etc. societies were mixed with the original stock as the civilizations lived over vast distances and there were fast travelling means. As these ancient civilizations had a strong link to horse as means of transport. It is possible that these ancient civilizations had their roots in central Asian and Eurasian tribes.

maddhan1979
November 15th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Meer is in central asian civilization context is talked about as lake, sea i.e. the word is representing "Water", now what kind of water body are we talking about?

Interestingly the water body that is being talked about might refer to water bodies found in central Asia, is there a reference to some specific water body related with this word?

maddhan1979
November 29th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Indo European languages have routes/roots in central asia and middle east. At certain time in human history, when people traveled on horses and Eurasian subcontinent was open for travelling through various trade routes and horse routes. It is possible that people knew the extend of the land from far east to far west of those Eurasian traversing days. Far east being farthest part of China till a sea was reached and farthest west being Farthest part of Europe till sea was reached. As in old Eurasian times, sea travel across the sea to Amerika was not common till the time Amerika was discovered by Christopher Colombus.

So, it is very much possible that people who were travelling through different routes identified themselves with the location on Eurasian subcontinent. People coming from the middle of this Eurasian subcontinent could have identified themselves with this identity. In ancient times people who spoke both Semitic and non Semitic languages resided on Eurasian subcontient and this Eurasian subcontinent stretched from far east of China to far west of Europe.

In ancient times there were numerous kingdoms which stretched across Eurasian subcontinent and it is possible that everyone living on this Eurasian subcontinent would not have known all the kingdoms. So, if a stranger came to some new place and he was asked where he is coming from? A person/s could have identified themselves with the location of the place he/they are coming from, rather than the name of the kingdom the person/s are coming from.

So non semitic speakers of the language, when they went to a new place would have identified themselves with Indo European language roots i.e. "Mittle" or "Middle", which becomes "Madhya" in Hindi. (The exact location of this "Middle place" could have been anywhere India, ancient middle east, middle of the Eurasia, etc., which in today´s context is hard to verify)

While Meadh, Med or Mead in English connects with ancients nomads who used to graze animals. The word "Meadow", also seems to be coming from the same origin and seems to connect with Meadh, Med or Mead. All of these three words seem to have different origins from "Mittle" or "Middle" in English. Although all of the words show character of Indo European languages but as far as i have been able to understand non Semitic languages came out of Semitic languages, therefore the origin of these words might have some older roots in Semitic languages.

Again there are people in India called "Madhashi", this word sounds combination of two words "Madhya + Deshi", People who are local(Deshi means local) and come from middle lands. Although "Meaddh and Madhya " look similar but phonetically these words sound different and then there is a point that spoken language came before written language.

So, these words show different roots and migration of the people.

maddhan1979
December 1st, 2015, 05:36 AM
Non Semitic speakers seem to be later stage of people, moving, migrating, doing business, etc. As non Semitic languages such as Sanskrit, Anatolian, Iranian, etc. are later in human history if we consider the fact that non Semitic languages seem to be coming out of Semitic languages such as Hebrew, Arabic, etc.

It is also possible that in older times the grazers of the animals were also the owners of the animals, which in later stages of human history changed. This change was because of the fact that later stages of human history saw many more kingdoms, kings, etc., which gave rise to a culture, where owners of the animals stop grazing the animals and the local population where the owners of the animals went and lived started grazing the animals.

maddhan1979
December 1st, 2015, 07:51 PM
Non Semitic speakers seem to be later stage of people, moving, migrating, doing business, etc. As non Semitic languages such as Sanskrit, Anatolian, Iranian, etc. are later in human history if we consider the fact that non Semitic languages seem to be coming out of Semitic languages such as Hebrew, Arabic, etc.

It is also possible that in older times the grazers of the animals were also the owners of the animals, which in later stages of human history changed. This change was because of the fact that later stages of human history saw many more kingdoms, kings, etc., which gave rise to a culture, where owners of the animals stop grazing the animals and the local population where the owners of the animals went and lived started grazing the animals.

The difference between the original owners of the animals and the people who started grazing the animals of owners could the difference in the language of the people in India context this difference could be seen inform of "Heer and Aheer", where in ancient times one group used to graze the animals and one group were the owners of the animals. This difference could also be the difference which clearly classified the two based on early migration and later work done by local resident.

maddhan1979
December 4th, 2015, 08:30 AM

Although it is possible that some group of people from Median empire moved and started living in Marshy areas at later part of history. We are talking about "Medes"and the time of "Medes" is several hundred years before marsh Arabs that have been mentioned here by Dr.Rajpal . It is possible that the roots or origins of these marsh Arabs as they are called in later stages of history is from Median people but i have not seen any archaeological work on that.

When we are talking about ancient middle east then we must remember that time period for civilizations and kingdoms in middle east has been for several thousand years and there have been numerous kingdoms, civilizations, etc. which flourished and got destroyed over different periods but if we are looking for the oldest links then family name "Mead", "Meadh", seems to connect with Median kingdom.

Archelogical history of ancient middle east has been archaeologically proved for a time period of at least 7000 years BC.

maddhan1979
December 5th, 2015, 09:12 AM
The difference between the original owners of the animals and the people who started grazing the animals of owners could the difference in the language of the people in India context this difference could be seen inform of "Heer and Aheer", where in ancient times one group used to graze the animals and one group were the owners of the animals. This difference could also be the difference which clearly classified the two based on early migration and later work done by local resident.

Tribal migrations, tribal roots, tribal wars, wars between kingdom, development of villages, development of cities, find of new metal, use of different metals at different point of time in history, has scientific and normal human progression roots which are scientifically and archaeologically verifiable.

maddhan1979
December 5th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Tribal migrations, tribal roots, tribal wars, wars between kingdom, development of villages, development of cities, find of new metal, use of different metals at different point of time in history, has scientific and normal human progression roots which are scientifically and archaeologically verifiable.

For this one has to see,when and where metals were discovered in human history?

maddhan1979
December 5th, 2015, 10:44 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_chemical_element_discoveries

maddhan1979
December 7th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Indo European languages have routes/roots in central asia and middle east. At certain time in human history, when people traveled on horses and Eurasian subcontinent was open for travelling through various trade routes and horse routes. It is possible that people knew the extend of the land from far east to far west of those Eurasian traversing days. Far east being farthest part of China till a sea was reached and farthest west being Farthest part of Europe till sea was reached. As in old Eurasian times, sea travel across the sea to Amerika was not common till the time Amerika was discovered by Christopher Colombus.

So, it is very much possible that people who were travelling through different routes identified themselves with the location on Eurasian subcontinent. People coming from the middle of this Eurasian subcontinent could have identified themselves with this identity. In ancient times people who spoke both Semitic and non Semitic languages resided on Eurasian subcontient and this Eurasian subcontinent stretched from far east of China to far west of Europe.

In ancient times there were numerous kingdoms which stretched across Eurasian subcontinent and it is possible that everyone living on this Eurasian subcontinent would not have known all the kingdoms. So, if a stranger came to some new place and he was asked where he is coming from? A person/s could have identified themselves with the location of the place he/they are coming from, rather than the name of the kingdom the person/s are coming from.

So non semitic speakers of the language, when they went to a new place would have identified themselves with Indo European language roots i.e. "Mittle" or "Middle", which becomes "Madhya" in Hindi. (The exact location of this "Middle place" could have been anywhere India, ancient middle east, middle of the Eurasia, etc., which in today´s context is hard to verify)

While Meadh, Med or Mead in English connects with ancients nomads who used to graze animals. The word "Meadow", also seems to be coming from the same origin and seems to connect with Meadh, Med or Mead. All of these three words seem to have different origins from "Mittle" or "Middle" in English. Although all of the words show character of Indo European languages but as far as i have been able to understand non Semitic languages came out of Semitic languages, therefore the origin of these words might have some older roots in Semitic languages.

Again there are people in India called "Madhashi", this word sounds combination of two words "Madhya + Deshi", People who are local(Deshi means local) and come from middle lands. Although "Meaddh and Madhya " look similar but phonetically these words sound different and then there is a point that spoken language came before written language.

So, these words show different roots and migration of the people.

There is a word in Sanskrit called "Ahwameadh", "Where Ashwa means horse and meadh means sacrifice", this is the meaning as shown through religious and language Sanskrit, whereas in ancient history "Meadh" was an ancient tribe which used to ride horses. It is also possible that "Meadhs" or "Meads" as they are known in history and present, were part of Scythian tribesmen and used to perform horse sacrifice as done by ancient Scythians, which came to be known in Sanskrit as "Ashwameadh", this word does not seem to be original Sanskrit word, rather loan word in Sanskrit. As origin of "Meads" has been archaeologically verified in the location of northern Iran, which connects with central Asian and Eurasian plains, it is possible that tribes of "Meads" migrated from Eurasian plains.

"Meads", "Meads" show a clear difference between "Madhya" and "Mead", by the above usage.

maddhan1979
December 7th, 2015, 10:33 AM
http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=mead

https://www.houseofnames.com/mead-family-crest

maddhan1979
December 7th, 2015, 10:35 AM
https://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Mead

maddhan1979
December 7th, 2015, 11:59 AM
A similar word of "Meadh" as a family name is also used by Rajpoots in India.
While the Jats who use "Meadh" or "Mead" or "Madd (in Khari boli of Hindi)" are also called "Kaal Heer",, "Kaal means time" and "Heer is word used in Urdu (can be a borrowed word from some other language with much older origin) and many other langauges and has been discussed before, word Heer is non existent in Hindi language and is of outside Indian subcontinent origin", this could also mean that while the "Meadh Jats were original stock of migrants ". This shows a tribal migration and feudal way of life in ancient India.
The geographical spread and family names of "Rajpoots" was different from the original tribes of these people. While the concept of "Rajpoots" seem to emerge only in India and the word "Rajpoot itself" is of Indian origin, therefore it is probable that the Rajpoot family names emerged out of original tribes that migrated into India and mixed with local tribes and other migrating tribes at different points of time in Indian history. Jats have a wider geographical tribal roots, which are present out of India and more in the north western countries of India. This can be seen by the presence of their family names, which can be found in a vast geographical area throughout the world.

maddhan1979
December 7th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Another proof of origin of word "Rajpoot" and its origin to Indian subcontinent, is that there is a word called "Runbakure" where "Run+ba+kure" "Run becomes war, ba+ Kure can stand for root word "Kur", which can also means "Kurd" in middle east languages"". As far as i know word "Runbakure" is from Rajasthan from where most Rajpoots derive their origins, as far as i have been able to understand.

Kurd derive their ancestry from Median people. This can be seen from their national anthem :

maddhan1979
December 11th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Interestingly "Mead" also means this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mead

maddhan1979
December 11th, 2015, 09:12 AM

It seems "Mead" is an Indo European word, rather than an Indian word. This word seems to be coming from much older origins because of the presence of fermented drinks in ancient Mesopotamian culture and central Eurasian plains. These words seems to have much older origins than Sanskrit language or the religious context in which the Sanskrit language and the Sanskrit words are show to Indian diaspora.

maddhan1979
December 11th, 2015, 02:41 PM
on the other hand the horse sacrifice might have much older roots as the domestication of animals started much earlier in human history than making of fermented drinks.

maddhan1979
December 12th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mead_of_poetry

maddhan1979
December 18th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Another word used in some places in Indian context for Madhann is "Kaalheer",,,,,,,, While "Kaal" is a sanskrit word which means "Time" and "Heer" is an old middle eastern/maybe Persian word. It might connect with very old migration to Indian subcontinent of these people.

It is possible that the word "Heer" itself is of much older origin than "Meer", as the linguistic roots of word "Heer" is of proto Indo European roots.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Heer

maddhan1979
December 19th, 2015, 07:35 AM
http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=mead

https://www.houseofnames.com/mead-family-crest

The coats of arms and the symbolic colors used in the crest has nothing to do with the origins of these tribes, based on the language it seems these tribes were migrating from some common ancestral place, which spoke a common language. Most probably proto Indo European language.

maddhan1979
January 13th, 2016, 07:38 AM

Is it possible that the word "Meadhu or Madhu" have its origin in the word "Mead".

One must remember there is a big significance of beverages made from nature in human religion. A simple example is that of "Wine", which has religious significance and is made from grapes.

maddhan1979
January 13th, 2016, 07:40 AM

Is it possible that the word "Meadhu" or "Madhu" originates from word "Mead"?

maddhan1979
January 17th, 2016, 08:01 AM

It seems so as stated here:

maddhan1979
January 18th, 2016, 05:51 PM

Now which type of people will be keeping the name of some person after a symbol from nature? These could be people who live close to nature and derive their livelihood from nature. Therefore as "Mead" is one of the oldest drink known to humans, it is possible that these people were living a life of nomads and hunters and gatherers. While the use of word "Madhu" has been used for both male and female names. It is therefore possible that the origin of this word could could have been derived from proto indo european language root.

maddhan1979
January 18th, 2016, 06:52 PM
The word "Maddhan" on the other hand does not seem to connect with word "Madhu" because the concept of "Han" connects with people who ride horses and seems to be Central Asian/Eurasian origin. So Maddhan means people who ride horses and are connected with "Meadh". "Meadh" in this sense connects with ancient people who used to graze sheeps and other livestock.

As "Madhu" is a word in Hindi or some older words it is possible that this word is a coined or borrowed word at the time when different languages emerged out of proto indo European words. It is also possible that these ancient people who grazed sheeps, cattle and other animals in meadows were also trading in "Honey". In language hierarchy Hindi and other Indian/Indo Iranian languages are at a later stage of history than other Indo European languages, therefore it is possible that Hindi and other Indian/Indo Iranian languages used lot of borrowed words from older proto Indo European languages.

maddhan1979
January 23rd, 2016, 05:46 PM

Let us see, how word "Madhu" could have been come into existence in Indian language from word "Mead". For this we have to travel back in time when there was no country like India that we know today. At that point of time there were many small kingdoms spread across Indian subcontinent and the borders of countries as we know today did not exist.

There would have been different type people lifestyles that people would have led. Some would have led a life inside castle,fort, etc. Other out in open area. Life in old times were very unpredictable as there were small kingdoms and armies invading. So, the best safe place would be inside a fort for such people. These forts would have people who were doing trade on a permanent level inside walled areas and the people doing trade out of walled area. We can still see the same life style in many cities of India where there are traders living and trading inside walled area. Then there would have people from out of this walled area to trade, travel, etc. The outside traders if in large number in old times would not have been allowed to trade inside the walled area of the fort, until and unless the fort itself was designed to accommodate outside traders. The people coming out of walled areas would have been outsiders from that kingdom coming from meadows, forest, grazing land, pastures, etc. The outside traders would have traded and brought stuff coming out of open areas like meadows, forest, grazing lands etc. Fresh honey which usually comes from forest, meat, forest fruits, forest wood etc., would have the the things these people would have traded with the city dwellers or the people who lived in cities. The origin of word "Madhu" and the IndoEuropean world "Mead", might have this roots in this act of trade done by outsiders. We can see this even today in different forms across India, where people who graze animals trade in such stuff. Now how and why "Madhu" is a female name and names like "Madhup" male names might exist in the fact that in agrarian societies and specially in the life of travelers, nomads, men would have done hard work like gathering food from the forest, hunting, etc., while women would have been selling the stuff in the market. This could be a reason as why "Madhu" is a female name and "Madhup" is a male name. This could also be link of word "Madhu" to IndoEuropean roots.

maddhan1979
January 23rd, 2016, 07:20 PM
This could also be connection to origins of Gypsies or "Banjara" or "Vanjara" as know in Hindi. Language spoken by "Banjara" or "Vanjara" people is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_language, which is an Indo European language. If Romani language is Indo European language then the word "Banjara" or "Vanjara" becomes combination of two words.

"Ban+jara" or "Van+jara", where "Ban or Van" clearly means forest while "Jara" can also be "Yara" as in some European languages "alphabet "J" is spoken as "Y", then "Jara becomes Yara", "Yara" in Indian language means a "Friend", if literally translated it becomes "Friends of the forest" or "Vanjara". So, if people were coming and selling honey out of forest these people could also have been "Gypsies" who came out of forest and used to sell forest goods and other stuff that they brought from other places. This could also mean that there were parallel civilizations which were existing at that point of time living inside forts. This might explain the Indo European origins of Gypsies.

maddhan1979
January 24th, 2016, 05:01 PM
In ancient times India was sparely and the population was wide spread, having forests and other uninhabited areas between forts. So anyone coming from a vast distance and emerging out of forest tracks or routes could have been named as "people coming out of forest". "People coming out of forest" does not mean that these people were natives or permanent dwellers of the forest.

maddhan1979
January 25th, 2016, 06:52 AM
"Parallel civilizations living inside the forts and living out of forts in vast open areas/forests, fields, etc."

maddhan1979
January 26th, 2016, 07:14 PM
This could also be connection to origins of Gypsies or "Banjara" or "Vanjara" as know in Hindi. Language spoken by "Banjara" or "Vanjara" people is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_language, which is an Indo European language. If Romani language is Indo European language then the word "Banjara" or "Vanjara" becomes combination of two words.

"Ban+jara" or "Van+jara", where "Ban or Van" clearly means forest while "Jara" can also be "Yara" as in some European languages "alphabet "J" is spoken as "Y", then "Jara becomes Yara", "Yara" in Indian language means a "Friend", if literally translated it becomes "Friends of the forest" or "Vanjara". So, if people were coming and selling honey out of forest these people could also have been "Gypsies" who came out of forest and used to sell forest goods and other stuff that they brought from other places. This could also mean that there were parallel civilizations which were existing at that point of time living inside forts. This might explain the Indo European origins of Gypsies.

To understand the above context one has to see a market in ancient times. There would have been at least two type of markets, one inside the fort another one outside the fort.
People from surrounding areas and inside the fort people would have shops inside the fort. People coming from outside the fortified area would have had shops or selling places outside the fort as identity of these new people would not have been easy to assertain.

People selling stuff outside the fort would have come from different places, these would include people who are travelling from one place to another, people bringing stuff from far off places, people from near by areas such as local forest or natives tribes living in forest, people from nearby kingdoms, etc. In such a diverse market "Totem" would have been easiest way to identify themselves. "Totems" could have been in form of name of a place where a person is coming from, product a person sells, name of another kingdom, etc. In local times lot of food was obtained from forest and the easiest way to identify a products and persons selling the products could have been place a person has obtained his product from.
As in any ancient society, native tribes living in the forest would have been the biggest procurer of products from the forest. This might explain the paradox of "Banjara or Vanjara", while literally translated this means, "friend of the forest",but the language spoken by these people could have been "Indo European" language. If this is true, the "Forest" of "Ban/Van" could be a symbolic/totemic representation of another tribe and the travellers/Banjara are the friends of these tribal people. As "Banjara or Vanjara" were travelling people so it was easy for them to take/carry their stuff and sell their good to far of places, but they would have needed people who procured the goods from local "Ban or Van", so the word "Banjara" could be a connection to totamic tribes living in the forest and procuring goods to "Banjaras". The so called "Ban" people would also have brought their goods to be sold inside the fort as their identification was certified by the fort, therefore they would have been the first people to open shops inside the fort. While people who were outsiders "coming out of forest" could have been anyone like travelling people, people from another kingdom, etc.

maddhan1979
January 26th, 2016, 08:31 PM
On a wider time scale these "Ban or Van" people could have been any tribe that resided in the forest/out of fort walls, these could have been native tribes or any other tribes which settled in the wide spread area out of fort walls but having proximity to fort.

maddhan1979
January 27th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Such examples also show the vastness and diversity of Indian civilization.

maddhan1979
February 21st, 2016, 03:48 PM
Let us see, how word "Madhu" could have been come into existence in Indian language from word "Mead". For this we have to travel back in time when there was no country like India that we know today. At that point of time there were many small kingdoms spread across Indian subcontinent and the borders of countries as we know today did not exist.

There would have been different type people lifestyles that people would have led. Some would have led a life inside castle,fort, etc. Other out in open area. Life in old times were very unpredictable as there were small kingdoms and armies invading. So, the best safe place would be inside a fort for such people. These forts would have people who were doing trade on a permanent level inside walled areas and the people doing trade out of walled area. We can still see the same life style in many cities of India where there are traders living and trading inside walled area. Then there would have people from out of this walled area to trade, travel, etc. The outside traders if in large number in old times would not have been allowed to trade inside the walled area of the fort, until and unless the fort itself was designed to accommodate outside traders. The people coming out of walled areas would have been outsiders from that kingdom coming from meadows, forest, grazing land, pastures, etc. The outside traders would have traded and brought stuff coming out of open areas like meadows, forest, grazing lands etc. Fresh honey which usually comes from forest, meat, forest fruits, forest wood etc., would have the the things these people would have traded with the city dwellers or the people who lived in cities. The origin of word "Madhu" and the IndoEuropean world "Mead", might have this roots in this act of trade done by outsiders. We can see this even today in different forms across India, where people who graze animals trade in such stuff. Now how and why "Madhu" is a female name and names like "Madhup" male names might exist in the fact that in agrarian societies and specially in the life of travelers, nomads, men would have done hard work like gathering food from the forest, hunting, etc., while women would have been selling the stuff in the market. This could be a reason as why "Madhu" is a female name and "Madhup" is a male name. This could also be link of word "Madhu" to IndoEuropean roots.

It could also mean, there were two different type of traders, trading the goods from the forest. One who resided in the "ban" or "Van" and the other who bought goods from the "ban" or "van" people. While "Ban" or "van" people. This could explain the word "banjara" or "friends of the forest" or "friends of the ban people", where "Ban" or "Van" people could have been people living in the "Ban" and were recognized by totemic representation of "Ban". As "Ban" seems to be indo European word, it is possible that this totemic recognition of "ban people" emerged with the arrival of "indo european speakers". This could also mean that there was a different word for "Madhu" spoken by the "Ban" people.

maddhan1979
February 21st, 2016, 05:16 PM
Ancient migrations could have given people different names, there is a word called "Dagar", which means "way". Jats have a family name called "Daagar". Interestingly there is a regiment called "Doogra" in Indian Army. Is there a common root word for "Dagar", "Daagar" and "Doogra"?

Is it possible that some ancient nomadic tribes in India made cities near the roads which in one language is called "Dagar".

maddhan1979
February 22nd, 2016, 04:54 AM
Ancient migrations could have given people different names, there is a word called "Dagar", which means "way". Jats have a family name called "Daagar". Interestingly there is a regiment called "Doogra" in Indian Army. Is there a common root word for "Dagar", "Daagar" and "Doogra"?

Is it possible that some ancient nomadic tribes in India made cities near the roads which in one language is called "Dagar".

If these names come from word "dagar" i.e. "Way", then this characterization is at a very late stage of history and languages because "Dagar" is word which seems to connects with later stage of language and not proto langauges.

maddhan1979
February 22nd, 2016, 05:05 AM

"Dagar" as a word seems to emerge from very late Indo European language roots so it is possible that original name of these tribes could be different in proto indo european roots.

maddhan1979
February 22nd, 2016, 09:07 AM

In recent context the root of the word might be "Dagar", but it does not link to proto indo European neither does "Daagar or Dogra", so there can be some other proto Indo European root in this context.

maddhan1979
February 22nd, 2016, 07:36 PM
There is a Jat village called "Khandera",,,which translated literally means. "Dera of Khan", "Khan" in this context has nothing to do with any religion, rather it connects with roots of "han" or the horse riders from central Asia. Interestingly if i am right family name of Jats in this village is also "Dagar".

maddhan1979
March 25th, 2016, 04:20 AM
It could also mean, there were two different type of traders, trading the goods from the forest. One who resided in the "ban" or "Van" and the other who bought goods from the "ban" or "van" people. While "Ban" or "van" people. This could explain the word "banjara" or "friends of the forest" or "friends of the ban people", where "Ban" or "Van" people could have been people living in the "Ban" and were recognized by totemic representation of "Ban". As "Ban" seems to be indo European word, it is possible that this totemic recognition of "ban people" emerged with the arrival of "indo european speakers". This could also mean that there was a different word for "Madhu" spoken by the "Ban" people.

On the other hand this could also mean that there were various different type of "Ban" or "Van" people, that were selling stuff to the speakers of indo-european langauge. If we look into the life of "Ban" or "Van" people there is not a single tribe that resides in "Ban" or "Van" or rather there are many different tribes that can be seen living in any given "Ban" or "Van", depending on the place type of "Ban" or "Van".

maddhan1979
March 26th, 2016, 05:37 AM
On the other hand this could also mean that there were various different type of "Ban" or "Van" people, that were selling stuff to the speakers of indo-european langauge. If we look into the life of "Ban" or "Van" people there is not a single tribe that resides in "Ban" or "Van" or rather there are many different tribes that can be seen living in any given "Ban" or "Van", depending on the place type of "Ban" or "Van".

Life of these ancient forest dwellers could have been very different from the lives of nomads and travelers. Nomads and travelers could have been first people to start animal husbandry and farming in human history while the forest dwellers could have been early starter of trade and trading practices which would have emerged out of trade of goods from forest. Diversity of the tribes of people residing in the forest also meant diversity of goods that were procured from the forest and sold in ancient markets.

maddhan1979
March 26th, 2016, 05:48 AM

While the @Ban or Van(forest) people would have been local sellers of products from the @Ban or Van(forest), travelers/nomads/people doing animal husbandry would have been traders doing trade to far off places, as these people would have procured goods and taken these goods to be sold to far off places, these goods would have been present more in the markets out of forts/cities/walled area, etc. Procurement of goods from nearby forest could have been one reason as to why the @Ban or van(forest) people could have been early shopkeepers or shop openers in ancient cities or forts, while the forts could have been setup by any community/people/ruler/tribe, etc.

maddhan1979
April 3rd, 2016, 12:36 PM
If these names come from word "dagar" i.e. "Way", then this characterization is at a very late stage of history and languages because "Dagar" is word which seems to connects with later stage of language and not proto langauges.

There is a language called "Dogri" and then we have "Dogra People. It is possible that "Dogri" was a street language for a considerable amount of time. Here street language means a common language spoken by migrating tribes. Did the original tribes of these people settled in the mountains, maybe some/ not all because life in mountains in old times was difficult in ancient times, whereas life in plains was comparatively easier, only problem being frequent feudal wars or wars from other tribes, therefore the original tribes would have moved down the mountains. Although this migration could have been a case of vice-versa due to wars and other factors.

maddhan1979
April 21st, 2016, 06:43 PM
In ancient nordic countries, big halls were used to cook, eat and feast and these halls were called;

Meadhall:

http://www.wordsense.eu/mead_hall/

The root of these mead halls might be in life of ancient nomadic tribes which roamed Eurasian plains during ancient times.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/mead-hall

As nordic countries are in cold climate, therefore, it is possible that meat was cooked and eaten in the same big hall as it would have made the hall a warm place in time of winters.

http://maropei.blogs.uv.es/2013/03/24/10-the-importance-of-mead-halls/

maddhan1979
April 22nd, 2016, 10:35 AM
To understand the above context one has to see a market in ancient times. There would have been at least two type of markets, one inside the fort another one outside the fort.
People from surrounding areas and inside the fort people would have shops inside the fort. People coming from outside the fortified area would have had shops or selling places outside the fort as identity of these new people would not have been easy to assertain.

People selling stuff outside the fort would have come from different places, these would include people who are travelling from one place to another, people bringing stuff from far off places, people from near by areas such as local forest or natives tribes living in forest, people from nearby kingdoms, etc. In such a diverse market "Totem" would have been easiest way to identify themselves. "Totems" could have been in form of name of a place where a person is coming from, product a person sells, name of another kingdom, etc. In local times lot of food was obtained from forest and the easiest way to identify a products and persons selling the products could have been place a person has obtained his product from.
As in any ancient society, native tribes living in the forest would have been the biggest procurer of products from the forest. This might explain the paradox of "Banjara or Vanjara", while literally translated this means, "friend of the forest",but the language spoken by these people could have been "Indo European" language. If this is true, the "Forest" of "Ban/Van" could be a symbolic/totemic representation of another tribe and the travellers/Banjara are the friends of these tribal people. As "Banjara or Vanjara" were travelling people so it was easy for them to take/carry their stuff and sell their good to far of places, but they would have needed people who procured the goods from local "Ban or Van", so the word "Banjara" could be a connection to totamic tribes living in the forest and procuring goods to "Banjaras". The so called "Ban" people would also have brought their goods to be sold inside the fort as their identification was certified by the fort, therefore they would have been the first people to open shops inside the fort. While people who were outsiders "coming out of forest" could have been anyone like travelling people, people from another kingdom, etc.

Since ancient times it was hard to recognize true authenticity of city dwellers whether that be people from the "Ban", "Travelling people", "Invading armies which later settled down", so on, so forth. True authenticity of similar tribes could only be connected by their root authentication i.e. the village roots, clan roots, etc. Due to innumerable wars in north west Indian subcontinent displacement of people has been huge and so has been mixing and movement of people. To trace real history of nomadic tribes, culture, life and the spirit of northwestern tribes one has to segregate the mythological, religious and loan words from these tribes, which religion and other identities might have taken to dwell among these original tribes.

maddhan1979
August 6th, 2016, 06:02 AM
What was the food of IndoEuropeans?

What grains were they eating?

maddhan1979
August 6th, 2016, 08:35 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes

born in "Archimedes was born c. 287 BC in the seaport city of Syracuse, Sicily (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syracuse,_Sicily)," as wikipedia says, has a "medes" in his name,,,did he come from ancient "Media"?

maddhan1979
September 8th, 2016, 09:34 AM
This is scientific, linguistic and archaeological view.

Now the religious view turns it into religious cults like Krishna, Ram, etc, etc.

maddhan1979
October 3rd, 2016, 12:06 PM

Based on the horse riding people from the "Meer", it is obvious, that the "Ban people" were rich due to their nativeness of the land and the outside horse riding people from foreign lands were poor in ancient times. This ratio of poor and rich can still be seen in the general population trends of the country.

maddhan1979
October 4th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Based on the horse riding people from the "Meer", it is obvious, that the "Ban people" were rich due to their negativeness of the land and the outside horse riding people from foreign lands were poor in ancient times. This ratio of poor and rich can still be seen in the general population trends of the country.

"nativeness",,,someone messed with the words

maddhan1979
October 5th, 2016, 08:52 AM

"As "Ban" seems to be indo European word, it is possible that this totemic recognition of "ban people" emerged with the arrival of "indo european speakers"."

Based on the migration of people from the "Meer culture", totemic recognition of "ban people/local inhabitants of the land", happened after the arrival of "indo european speakers", in the current context "indo-european people are various innumerable tribes that followed northern/ north west migration routes, these range from the present day Gypsies, tribes from Mongolia, Siberia, central asia ancient middle east, etc.

maddhan1979
October 23rd, 2016, 06:53 PM
"As "Ban" seems to be indo European word, it is possible that this totemic recognition of "ban people" emerged with the arrival of "indo european speakers"."

Based on the migration of people from the "Meer culture", totemic recognition of "ban people/local inhabitants of the land", happened after the arrival of "indo european speakers", in the current context "indo-european people are various innumerable tribes that followed northern/ north west migration routes, these range from the present day Gypsies, tribes from Mangolia, Siberia, central asia ancient middle east, etc.

Origins of Gypsies seems to be present in ancient Siberia, Mongloia and central Asia.

maddhan1979
October 23rd, 2016, 06:53 PM
Origins of Gypsies seems to be present in ancient Siberia, Mongloia and central Asia.

and there seems to be a proof of that as well.