PDA

View Full Version : Some changes on Jatland

satyeshwar
October 13th, 2015, 07:22 AM
Hi everyone,
We recently made some changes to Jatland.
1) Matrimonials had to be upgraded/revamped. The old system was pretty much untenable so had to come up with a newer one which we also made more visible. However, that caused an uproar which we didn't anticipate. Things like this happen and we took everyone's suggestion and moved it on its own section right next to forums at the top. Hopefully, it will be useful to anyone who wishes to use it and not be distracting to others.
2) Chaupal has been moved at the top of the forums page to be more open and welcoming. Hopefully, this will encourage everyone to chat more often with their fellow Jatlanders.
3) Mobile style updates and other backend updates to provide better, faster service to all our members.

Lastly, I am happy to look at "constructive" feedback from everyone on things they would like us to do better, new feature requests etc. Perhaps, we can avoid asking for "making my friend as the next mod because all current mods suck". :-)

-Bagh

Samarkadian
October 13th, 2015, 08:36 AM
Satyeshwar bhai, chaupal is at same place as it was i.e top of the forum. More than its location, I think appeal lies in its format. I am not sure of the technicalities and bug issues but can't we have something like previous formats.?

satyeshwar
October 13th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Unfortunately, the previous format (flash based) is not supported by the original authors. So it is not feasible for us to add it. Besides this one is light weight on system resources as compared to the older one. Let me know if you find one that you like though and we can consider it.
-Bagh

Samarkadian
October 14th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Unfortunately, the previous format (flash based) is not supported by the original authors. So it is not feasible for us to add it. Besides this one is light weight on system resources as compared to the older one. Let me know if you find one that you like though and we can consider it.
-Bagh

vB4, current format support 123 flash chat and they say its free for vB4.

system
October 14th, 2015, 07:56 PM

it is in fact no longer actively supported.
there is an alternate solution we are considering, even though it is not free. stay tuned.

vijay
October 14th, 2015, 07:58 PM

Samar, 123 Flash Chat is not free.

vijay
October 14th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Satyeshwar, What about PHP Free Chat though doesn't seems rich in features but extremely lightweight. Absolutely FREE.

rekhasmriti
October 14th, 2015, 10:35 PM
"making my friend as the next mod because all current mods suck"

This is good one.....din't mean offend anybody .

vijay
October 15th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Is Social Group Section removed ?

system
October 15th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Is Social Group Section removed ?

That is correct. We've removed blogs, albums, and social groups due to the fragmentation it was causing and the lack of adequate usage. While a few groups were somewhat active, it was an orphan feature that was not being used, and the quality of participation was rather poor.

We're re-focusing the site into 3-4 main areas - Forums, Wiki, Matrimonials, and Chaupal (soon).

vijay
October 16th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Satyeshwar, The Chaupal is such a pleasant surprise. Thanks a lot for adding such a cool tool.

rekhasmriti
October 17th, 2015, 12:13 AM
I liked the new Chaupal...awesome.....

N sorry I was being very critical about same ......

lrburdak
June 6th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Suggestions to improve Jatland

Admins may like to go through the suggestion to improve Jatland and take steps required.

http://www.accessify.com/j/jatland.com