PDA

View Full Version : Member's area is readable by non-members now ??

rsdalal
October 30th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Hi All,
I just noticed that member's area is readable to Non-Members now. As far as I remembers it was not last time I checked may be few months back. Is it by mistake or anything I missed ?
Thanks
...Ranvir

ndahiya
October 30th, 2002, 09:40 AM
hi!

yah, i activated it yesterday... just testing something for a few days... how does greater visibility to visitors might get more people to register and participate. also issues with indexing on search engines..

the registration process is also being made simpler... the whole purpose is to provide a easy to use, and useful site to all members...

regards
nitin

rsdalal
October 30th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Will it remain open to non member, or is just a test for few days. In case you are planning to open this information to non-members, may be you want to think twice.
I would not like any Non-members to have access to my profile information on the net, that easily. So may be you can think of blocking at profile info to members only...
Just an Idea.
How I can modify my profile, I tried but it says Admin only...

ndahiya
October 31st, 2002, 06:38 PM
Hi!

**The members area is now viewable by logged in users only***

To change the profile, click on Profile in the member area menu:::

Home | Logout (Myusername) | Profile | Search | Today's posts | Members .....

Regards
Nitin

urmiladuhan
November 27th, 2002, 02:13 AM
Nitin Dahiya (Nov 12, 2002 10:40 p.m.):
Hi!

**The members area is now viewable by logged in users only***

To change the profile, click on Profile in the member area menu:::

Home | Logout (Myusername) | Profile | Search | Today's posts | Members .....

Regards
Nitin

I invariably log in but today i tried without logging in and it worked. Are other members comfortable with having their pictures/pro Jats posts accessed by anyone on the web? Just a thought.

shokeen123
November 27th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Not comfortable about site security!

ndahiya
November 29th, 2002, 02:02 AM
Sujata (Nov 26, 2002 07:35 p.m.):
Not comfortable about site security!

which aspects are u unconfy with?

we're pretty secure abt private info.. so much so that we end up being low on the search engine results as we "hide" most info from non-logged in members.

i'd say that if u use hotmail, your personal info is more likely to be known.

nitin

anurag
November 29th, 2002, 02:16 AM
Hi Nitin,

I found a couple of loop holes. First is that i can use chat without being a member.

I copied the URL and used it from my friend's machine without logging in....i succeeded.

Also if i click on today's posts, i can get in to message boards without logging in.

-Anurag

lrburdak
February 9th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Hi Nitin !
My e-mail is on indiatimes.com. When I see my e-mail on it and immidiately after that I open jatland.com, I simply log on to member's area without giving user name and password.It seems to be a security problem!
L.R.Burdak

ndahiya
February 9th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Dear Sir

If you choose to save your username/password, a cookie is set on your machine. The site automatically logs you in.

This is a feature, not a security issue. hope this helps...

Nitin

lrburdak
February 10th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Dear Nitin ji
I was worried.Thanks for removing doubts.
L.R.Burdak