PDA

View Full Version : how to become the moderator

d_dhankhar
November 16th, 2002, 12:07 PM
hi nitin,
i just joined this site and i feel that i m at home. i want to be a unsaperable part of this site can i be a moderator of the general discussion section coz what i feel that people taking it in a wrong direction. and i dont want anything wrong in this site. its our place, u created a marvel on the net. dont let any one to spoil it. people are talking rubbish there. if u are unable to make me the moderator pls have a look on the discussion section. i'll be thankfull to ya.....
cheers
Deepak DHANKHAR

anurag
November 17th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Hi Deepak,

I appreciate your criticism of the way things are going. Personally i didn't find any issues in that thread.

Just to add a bit of thought here. I think the most efficient way to make things going in a better form is to do the following instead of simply criticizing someone's work:

1. Analyze and be specific about what you feel are the problems or defficiencies.

2. Give suggestions as to how we all can improve the defficiencies of the system or what steps we can take for betterment of this close knit jatland community. (all here is not just admin/moderators but includes you and me who are members)

Hope I have made some sense.

Cheers
Anurag

shokeen123
November 18th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Deepak:

With "right" comes the obligation of "duty." Why don't you be specific as to who is taking Jatland to the wrong direction? I mean which specific post compelled you to think that way, and which members are talking rubbish? On a public board such as this, with diverse audience from all walks of life, there is bound to be difference of opinions. However, difference of opinion is not necessarily a wrong direction.

In general, in any given debate people make a conscious decision to accept the concept presented, or argue certain point of view, or a conflicting piece of information, which is their right as a participant. Such discussions however, only enrich the debate and offer genuine validity to the issue at hand.

Most of us "ordinary members" don't necessarily feel that moderating is the only way to contribute to your community? In another words, those of us who have contributed financially and through generous wealth of information are just as valuable to Jatland as you, or any of the moderators!

So, please don't be disheartened, and just do your part as a member, people will see your contribution. I am sure unless there is a great dissatisfaction on your part about the quality of issues discussed, or if there is an outrageously offending post (merely with personal relevance to you); it is all right to have a healthy debate, even though it may not coincide with your own opinion.

-Humble member (all sections)!

ndahiya
November 20th, 2002, 12:13 AM
believe me, its a pain being a mod... :)

nitin

budhian
March 9th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Nitin Dahiya (Nov 19, 2002 01:43 p.m.):
believe me, its a pain being a mod... :)

nitin

And an excruciating one being an admin :p

:Trust Moi :

aryapv
May 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM
hi nitin,
i just joined this site and i feel that i m at home. i want to be a unsaperable part of this site can i be a moderator of the general discussion section coz what i feel that people taking it in a wrong direction. and i dont want anything wrong in this site. its our place, u created a marvel on the net. dont let any one to spoil it. people are talking rubbish there. if u are unable to make me the moderator pls have a look on the discussion section. i'll be thankfull to ya.....
cheers
Deepak DHANKHAR

Yaar yo to thik hai par class me master ek hi thik rahata hai... Agar koi jakat ghani afat tare to master (Administrator/moderator) G se kah diya karo...