PDA

View Full Version : INDECENCY IN CHATROOM

singhkapoor
November 29th, 2002, 10:06 PM
dear all

today (Nov.29, 2002) i had a bad experience in the chatroom. around 11:15am (eastern time USA)/9:45pm IST a guy named amit desodi entered and started talking.........crap

when i confronted him in some teth jaatu he signed out and came back in with a different name ...sunil desodi.....but same attitude. when i asked him about his real identity he said he was amit dahiya.

i came back on the home page and saw someone signed in as amit dahiya.

i m not sure about the identity of this knucklehead but if one of the moderators or nitin could verify/track this guy through their database.....may be we can get rid of these weeds.

Krishan kumar and rajender singh were the other guys in the chatroom at the time of the incident.

thanx.

itsnavin
November 29th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Kapoor Singh ji..baat to bahut buri hee hui hai and ofcourse something should be done in this matter...
Cheers

ranjitjat
November 29th, 2002, 10:58 PM
There are some real trouble maker on this site- even non jat with 3 differnts ID are there.

at the movement free for all no check or privacy that way i do not use chat room.

saketdhankar
November 30th, 2002, 12:49 AM
i guess what can be done is that you can note down the ip address when he logs out which is displayed....and then match the ip address with his mails sent on jatland to confirm whether that person was actually 'amit dahiya'....and i guess the ip addresses can be traced....
if he logs in again, his ip address is again displayed...so you can find out whether its the same person who has logged in again....or someone else....

this is my version (this version has a flaw if person keeps logging in from different comps)
but then if he is so desperate about creating nuisance, he will create it....(anything that can go wrong, will go wrong!)

my fundaes say so...so excuse me if i am wrong...

steak dharkan

jataljaat
November 30th, 2002, 12:54 AM
kapoor singh ji uska bera paana bahoot jarrori hai,1 baar bera paat gaya to lathan tod denge jhakoi ne...........
nitin bhai kuch karo..
cheers
singh

ndahiya
November 30th, 2002, 01:26 AM
hi guys

i did have a look at the logs, and it took me the better part of an hour to do so... i'm going to start charging for this!

lets just say that this is a case of over reaction. yes, obviously, the "intrusion" was unwelcome, but not something that we need to blow our top off abt. do keep in mind that this is a public (for the members) chat... and we need to be a little more careful of what/how we say ourselves if we sensitive.

it might have been more approriate if the matter was discussed with the member concerned in private.

nitin

ps: i have a rai connection too. was there for a couple of yrs. :)

rajendersingh
November 30th, 2002, 09:38 AM
hi kapoor ,dont get perturbued.iknow what all happened was bad.infact i was in all mood to chat with you but when i saw that you were buisy with that kalakar ,i left the chat room.now the lesson learnt is that we should firstestablish the identity of the individual and then go ahead .

anurag
January 3rd, 2003, 01:32 AM
Another Incidence happened!!!

I was not a witness to the same and do not even know who faced the burnt. Just now I entered the room and saw the following in the history.......
-----------------------------
13:37:03 [your-name] BULShIT

13:37:13 [your-name] u r still there

13:37:18 [your-name] go away

13:37:52 [your-name] *****
-------------------------------

I request Nitin to take note of this and try to find out who could be the culprit. As we have the time stamp, it should be easy to trace the person in someway from server log-file.

Another suggestion is that the option to enter the chat room with any nick-name should be removed. A better way would be that the "Chat Now" button should take the nick-name from your jatland user profile automatically, instead of the person specifying his/her nick-name in chat. And i feel this can be easily implemented.

-Anurag

ndahiya
January 4th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Hi!

Techinical issues with this... I'm not sure if we can do this without some major coding.. lets see...

Anurag, as you are always in the chat room, I've given you moderator privs. So you can kick people out, if you find violations...

Have also removed some junk users, and blocked the your-name nick.

Nitin

jaatni
January 4th, 2003, 11:39 PM
good job done nitin........
this ur name thing was really creating havoc.....
hope its better now..

ranjitjat
January 5th, 2003, 12:03 AM
SO ANURAG
GOOD LUCK- NOW YOU GOT FULL TIME JOB OF
NSG COMMANDOO & FIX THE TROUBLE MAKERS

akdabas
January 5th, 2003, 01:50 AM
Anurag Bhai,

Dudee Ji is after you :) First they made you Night Watchman and now NSG Commando. Looks like you got promotion.

Congratulations on your new Job responsibilities :)

Have FUN.

ranjitjat
January 5th, 2003, 05:22 AM
ASHOK
You & RANVIR AFTER ANURAG JOB- if willing say so
we need more nsg guards in near future

anurag
January 6th, 2003, 01:35 AM
eeb to badhia soot batha diya sai nitin nai, direct chat ka....now ur nickname is nothing but ur jatland username.

So Dudee uncle ab meri zaroorat nahin padegee :)