PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when the site says there have

urmiladuhan
January 9th, 2003, 06:14 AM
been one (1) guest and 4 members in the last 30 min. I mean how does anyone get in as guest without being a member? I also noticed that a person does not need to log in to chat because some members were present in the chat room but not listed uder who's online.

akdabas
January 9th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Urmila Ji,

I think there are some security holes on this site and I beleive Nitin is looking into that.

dkumar
January 9th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Its really a matter of concern and I am sure Nitin would soon work out something on this front!

ndahiya
January 10th, 2003, 12:56 AM
hi!

whenever a new visitor (even a regular member, but one not logged in already) enters the site, he/she is registered as a guest. anyone at the login page is also registered as a guest.

from my understanding of the current settings, one has to be logged in to be able to browse the member area, else one is directed to the login page.

the situation is under control! :)

regards
nitin

rsdalal
January 13th, 2003, 06:36 AM
From login screen non members can easily browse all posts and all members profiles, by today's posts and search option.

Nitin Dahiya (Jan 09, 2003 02:26 p.m.):

from my understanding of the current settings, one has to be logged in to be able to browse the member area, else one is directed to the login page.

ndahiya
January 14th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Yup, it is a known issue... However, not the entire member area can be browsed as many links get 'reset' the the login page (cookies and sessions)...

ranvir bhai, maybe u can try yr hand at making the mods in the code ? i can let you have the current version ? i am just too tied up this month to do anything abt this....

nitin

rsdalal
January 14th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Sure, Can give a try...

Nitin Dahiya (Jan 13, 2003 03:10 p.m.):
Yup, it is a known issue... However, not the entire member area can be browsed as many links get 'reset' the the login page (cookies and sessions)...

ranvir bhai, maybe u can try yr hand at making the mods in the code ? i can let you have the current version ? i am just too tied up this month to do anything abt this....

nitin