PDA

View Full Version : Security Upgrades

ndahiya
January 21st, 2003, 07:43 PM
Hi!

In light of the security issues in the past fews days, a bunch of updates have been uploaded.

1. Only logged in users can not see the Who's Online and Search options in the menu.

2. All existing sessions have been removed, so you need to update your bookmarks, if any.

3. All Email Addresses have been set to hidden to prevent any one from sending unsolicited mails. You can choose to "unhide" your email address by clicking on "Profile" from the member area menu.

4. Only logged in members can not send email through the site. The Name and Email address will be taken from the members' profile.

Regards
Nitin

amarsirohi
January 21st, 2003, 10:10 PM
Nitin Dahiya (Jan 21, 2003 09:19 a.m.):
Hi!

In light of the security issues in the past fews days, a bunch of updates have been uploaded.

1. Only logged in users can not see the Who's Online and Search options in the menu.

4. Only logged in members can not send email through the site. The Name and Email address will be taken from the members' profile.

Regards
Nitin

And i thought the security upgrade was for the benifit of the members!!! :-o

Nitin...no pun intended...

ndahiya
January 22nd, 2003, 12:59 AM
Amar Sirohi (Jan 21, 2003 11:40 a.m.):

And i thought the security upgrade was for the benifit of the members!!! :-o

Nitin...no pun intended...

me confused abt what you are saying here!!!

let me try anyway: this will not lead to *any* difference in service quality to members, but will restrict non-members. they can always become members, or log in. security improves, and violators are easier to catch. :)

regards
nitin

ajaynehra
January 22nd, 2003, 01:55 AM
That is Good Nitin

It will keep check on Non Jats and unwanted elements logging and trying to freak into jatLand chat.

Great

NEHRA AJAY

garima
January 22nd, 2003, 06:41 PM
Hi Nitin,

I sincerely hope that this will solve the problem of junk emails that are a nuisance.

Thanks.

Garima

ndahiya
January 23rd, 2003, 12:43 AM
Garima (Jan 22, 2003 08:11 a.m.):
I sincerely hope that this will solve the problem of junk emails that are a nuisance.

Hi Everyone!!

Please bring to the notice of any of the moderators *any* junk messages originating on the site. The usual practice is to ban such users.

Nitin

garima
January 23rd, 2003, 01:10 AM
Hi Nitin,

I have deleted the junk emails from my inbox but if I receive any further(hopefully not)then I will forward it to you.

Garima