PDA

View Full Version : one query.

d_dhankhar
February 2nd, 2003, 03:18 PM
hi everyone,

i wanna know one thing. if any one know? i've been looking on the total no. of members for last many months. but as it reaches near 950 next day it shows this no. to near about 850

actually i've been waiting for that day when jatland will have 1000 members.

what's this?
any body know something about it?

ndahiya
February 2nd, 2003, 07:21 PM
hi

pretty simple actually... i have been removing some unused member accounts, essentially those that have not been activated and those who have never logged in for the past year (and have no posts)...

the process is more or less complete, and now the count should proceed normally...
i want the site to reach 1000 soon, but want it to be a real number.

the active posters count (those with a posting in the last 30 days) is about 150 at the moment... the login list is obviously higher...

the mailing list is in excess of 1500.

hope this helps...

nitin

lrburdak
February 3rd, 2003, 07:21 AM
Hi
It is very important that this site should be made popular among jats. Initially some advertisement can be given in jat samaj news letters.

vikramsingh24
February 3rd, 2003, 12:10 PM
That is quite an important issue. We need to increase membership!!!

But, we need "quality" instead of "quantity" to make this website function properly and consistently. In other words, what I want to say is, we need people who are atleast a little motivated to follow the development on website or in community once in a while, if they can not regularly spare time to contribute.

Its better not to have people who get very motivated for the community for the moment and do not show up for an year. Nitin, you should definitely keep this as qualifying creteria for membership and may I suggest that it should be made clear to members who are going to register now onwards.

Vikram

lrburdak
February 25th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Dear Vikram Singh ji,
You have very good idea. Infact Rajasthan having the maximum population of Jats has minimum membership of Jatland.Jats in Rajasthan are very active but probably they donot know about this site. I think before deleting account from the site members should be given a chance by alerting them.

uday
February 25th, 2003, 05:28 PM
I agree with Burdak suggestions..

ishwarlamba
March 1st, 2003, 01:04 PM
I agree with all, these dummy member can also be useful some time, suppose dudee sab visits Sikar Raj, he can email all members in Sikar.

sweet
April 3rd, 2003, 11:40 AM
ya, thats good