PDA

View Full Version : Jatland.com Newsletter - 10 Jan 03

ndahiya
February 12th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Hi!

Let me begin by wishing you a very happy new year from the entire Jatland.com community. 2002 was a good year for the site, and lets make 2003 better still.

A very interesting incident happened to me last month in Delhi. I was sitting in a coffee bar with Monica (my fiancée), and a young lady walked up to us and enquired if I was Nitin. Was I surprised!!! It turns out that it was Vichitra, a regular on the site who has seen my pic, and recognized us!!! Of course, we were suitably flattered (and impressed at her wonderful memory).

Back to the business of the site. :)
The last couple of months have seen a number of updates on the site, which have substantially increased its usability. If you are a regular visitor, you would have noticed these, but let me list them none the less.

The Careers forum has become phenomenally active and its success has totally surpassed our initial expectations. Matrimonials has been slower than expected so far, and I am quite intrigued by it. This is something that has significant demand for (looking at the number of people who browse the matrimonials), yet people are still reluctant to use this free service? In the last couple of weeks, there has been many new postings though.

Matrimonials and Search have also been upgraded. In addition, thanks to the tireless effort of Mr Ravi Chaudhary and others, the History section will soon be redone. A new History forum has also been added recently.

Chat is a much used feature now, and a few regulars can pretty much be found all the time. And as promised in the last newsletter, the WebJats dictionary has now been uploaded. Hope you enjoy this funny collection.

All this has led to a substantial increase in the traffic, and we're currently getting with over 1 million hits from over 10,000 users a month. And growing fast!!!

If you are not yet registered in the members area, do so NOW!!! Your views/suggestions are eagerly awaited. If you would like to contribute in any form (time/effort/resources), it would be highly appreciated.

Infact, we need funds to pay for the hosting charges etc for the coming year. The annual charges are close to USD 200. I would prefer USD or INR contributions, but any currency and amount is welcome. Please let me know if you can help.

With warm regards

Nitin
--
http://www.jatland.com
Jatland.com - The online network for the Jats

You are getting this mail as you are currently subscribed to the Jatland.com Mailing list. To unsubscribe, please go to http://www.jatland.com/ and unsubscribe yourself, or send a mail to maillist@jatland.com with "remove" in the subject line.