PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Users (e.g. delhikijatni)

virenderk
June 2nd, 2004, 10:24 PM
Dear Moderators,

I appreciate the cause for which you have removed my previous reply under thread “ JAT MARYADA” posted by delhikijatni where I had disclosed the whereabouts of this
anonymous address. You have also made her ( HIS) login “delhikijatni as an inactive member.

This is our own site (only for HINDU JATS) and people appear here with their name and photographs, we should discourage the use of ambiguous anonymous identities like
“Delhikijatni”. It shows they have some concern about sharing their real identity and even still they want to be part of this forum.

Moreover we expect from these site members that they should not encourage such ambiguous user’s opinions. Also users are advised to think twice before putting their remarks to such fake identity’s threads for the betterment of site.

Virender

lrburdak
June 3rd, 2004, 11:51 AM
Virender ji,
I agree with you. The anonymous members should not be encouraged. Jatland should inculcate healthy and sound relationship.There should be no reason to hide one's identity.We, collectively, are under pressure of samaj to move in the right direction.This pressure should not vanish at any plateform of our society.
regards,

virenderk
June 3rd, 2004, 10:22 PM
To All JAT Members including Moderators and Administrator,

JaiRamjiki,

What is FUTURE plan for such anonymous users ? Kindly expedite. We need to adopt certain guidelines for such people.

What is JATLAND.COM site strategy for such fake users who are just taking out individual gussa with fake names? Such kind of behaviour is just reflecting individual's ridiculous mentality and nothing else.

Let's hope everyone will understand this and will do the better at their best for genuine and real uplift of HINDU JAT Kaum.

Regards
Virender

What's

Laxman Burdak (Jun 03, 2004 02:21 a.m.):
Virender ji,
I agree with you. The anonymous members should not be encouraged. Jatland should inculcate healthy and sound relationship.There should be no reason to hide one's identity.We, collectively, are under pressure of samaj to move in the right direction.This pressure should not vanish at any plateform of our society.
regards,

ratananmol
June 15th, 2004, 11:12 AM
i think otherwise;
i have heard- anonymity promotes honesty in some cases.
please be flexible.

ishwarlamba
June 15th, 2004, 11:31 AM
All Dear,
These benami people come fast and go fast do not worry too much about them.
regards

dayvraj
July 24th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Though personally speaking I completly concur with Anmol Ratan and am even not in favour of the IP display thingy ( As any malicious person even a script kiddy , if he choses , can create a havoc to a user's system just to quench his psychotic thirst of schadenfreud) but since I am not shouldering the responsibility of framing rules of conduct here , I MUST abide by the rules of those benign veterans who have gifted us this wonderful nonpayment site and given our small community an opportunity to assemble here at leisure for some good time pass , inspite of we all being spread across the globe for our bread and butter .

Logically thinking I feel that the IP display thingy must have been incorporated here just to discourage phony jerks and as such it's a very good idea , though I personally feel that a better idea would be that the admin ( or those who are taking care of the software thingy for this site) writes a script for detecting different id's logging from the same IP .This script can be easily run at the admin's end ( on the server side) and thus respect , protect and safeguard the privacy of us bichaaraa acchaa users and at the same time also serve the required intention of discouraging schizophrenic skills .

I have seen this policy being successfuly and smoothly practiced on a slew of other discussion sites like straightdope.com ( my all time favourite site , yaa the one of Cecil Adams fame).

Here , I must mention that I found my way to this wonderful site through a URL in a PM from an anonymous friend on straightdope.com .I don't even know whether he / she is a jat , male / female .That person is so very protective ( paranoid) about his / her privacy , that it has been simply impossible for me to even figure out his / her gender , even after reading and re reading all his / her posts .The sucker writes very cautiously .*GRIN*

Now digressing a bit and may be I 'll sound a bit rantish .

These days I am on a a slow dial up connection in India and as such it takes ages for the pages to get downloaded and this is primarily due to the big sizes of the avatars which appear below the posters name .

Now I am not at all against the incoorporation of avatars but if the size limit of these avatars could be reduced to 50 / 50 pixels , the page downloading wud speed up a lot.I know this wud make the avatr sizes too small and faces won't be recognizable but to compensate for the same the fuller version of the pic / avatar can be had in the posters profile for those for whom the content provided by the posters counts LESS than the posters face .

All I mean to say is that we can have a thumbnail view in the avatar and the fuller view in the profile .

Alternatively , the users can be provided with an option to browse the forums -

1.With the avatars turned on

2.With the Avatars turned off .

THough this option is by default present in some forum softwares like vBulletin , duno if it's present in the software which runs this site and as such if this alternative is to be chosen some script customization has to be done .

Presently , I have to browse the site with the browser's animation features turned off , but that too is no less irking , as it turns the pics into URL"s and thus increases the width of the page manifold and literally shrinks the message field where each line doesnt contains no more than 4 or 5 words and cause a lot of scrolling to be done , to read something .

*This post must be discarded / deleted / ignored , iff it doesn't sounds a bit considerable*

There should be no reason to hide one's identity

Laxman BHaaisaab , trust me , I have been on the web for roughly a decade and from my personal experiences I say that , sometimes a person can have compelling reasons at his / her end when he / she has to unwillingly make a conscious choice to maintain his / her anonymity .

HAd it not been so , the world wouldn't have had some of the best and most beautiful adages and woven words from Anonymous people .

I am sure you along with all us must have a zillion times observed the word 'Anon' or 'Anonymous' or 'unknown' written below some adages.

Please feel free to correct me where I am wrong .I just love to stand corrected and/ or nitpicked and thus irreversibly enlightened.

*CHEERS*