PDA

View Full Version : Truth, Love and a littile Malice

rajeshsindhu
February 26th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Anyone got chance to glance this controversial book( released last week) - "Truth, Love and a littile Malice" ?
Its an autobiography by Khushwant Singh - the most famous contemporary writer/columnist/historian/beaurocrat etcetc. Its publication was pending in court since last 6 years, because of objections raised by Gandhi family over its contents. Finally the court favoured its writer.

-Rajesh Sindhu

amitdahiya
February 26th, 2002, 09:54 AM
I have browsed the bk. Most of the scandalous stuff he writes is meant to feed the vicarious beast found to varying degrees in most of us. Over the years people like Khushwant singh have done a lot to draw a line of distinction between the Hindu and the Sikh Jats. Most of his references to hindu Jats tend to be in a derogatory but carefully phrase light hearted tone. He has however done a lot to further the cause of his own community by writing/creating numerous well read documents on sikh history. We need to learn from Khushwants committment and consistency to further the cause of our own clans.
Regards
Amit

ranjitjat
February 26th, 2002, 08:30 PM
only Kanwar Natwar singh is right match among hindu jats. we can learn a lesson from Khuswant singh

abhishek
February 27th, 2002, 08:23 PM
I may be wrong but I wonder whether Khuswant Singh is sikh jat and to me he is a just pervert old man.I dont know about what he writes. His sole aim is to strike some kindda deal between sikhs and muslims

PS: Apologies for typos in my last post :-)

rajeshsindhu
February 28th, 2002, 11:23 AM
I also heard that K Natwar Singh has written quite fairly about Hindu Jats. Does anyone know about book(s) written by him on Jats??? I would like to buy them.

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Feb 26, 2002 10:00 a.m.):
only Kanwar Natwar singh is right match among hindu jats. we can learn a lesson from Khuswant singh

ranjitjat
February 28th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Rajesh bhai you already put his name as a jat history writer on Maharaja Surajmal on the site
that published recently

cheers

rajeshsindhu
March 1st, 2002, 11:45 AM
Dharmpal Bhai,
That book is centric to Maharaja Surajmal's life, not on Jats as an historical race. He has written one more book on Maharaja Surajmal. But I'm interested more on his writtings about Jats in general.

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Feb 28, 2002 10:01 a.m.):
Rajesh bhai you already put his name as a jat history writer on Maharaja Surajmal on the site
that published recently

cheers

ranjitjat
March 4th, 2002, 08:54 PM
K natwar singh not written any book on jat history yet. there are good books
jat history by takur Deshraj.Bs Dahiya, Kanonghoo, Vadia. etc
yodayo ka Itihash, Parachin Haryana by
Acharya Bhagwandev[ Sawami omanand ji]

suraj
March 7th, 2002, 03:17 AM
Khushwant Singh is not a Jat, infact he is a khashatry, whom the sikhs refer to as a Bhapa.

shokeen123
March 7th, 2002, 04:14 AM
Ram Ram Bhai...

Bhai tu kon-se gaam ka? Tuin ek Kushwant Singh ki keh sai... haad-e (Jatland) saare khatri sain...

Jai Ram Ji Ki...

suraj
March 7th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Hi Sujata

Yes your right we are all khatris but there many different types of khatries. We Jats are different from the rest of the khatries for a # of reasons. What I meant by saying “Khushwant Singh is not a Jat, infact he is a khashatry” is that all Jats are khatries but not all khatries are Jats. Many Jat Sikhs jokingly refer to non-jat sikh khatries as Bhapas.

shokeen123
March 7th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Hello Suraj:

I think its true that not all Khatris are Jat (some Nepalis have Khatri as their last name), however, I grew up with the knowledge, that Jats who are referred to as Khatris are indeed Kshtrayas. Kshatrya is more of an adjective used to describe their robust physique/health and prowess in the battlefield, this was never more evident than during the British Raj.

My understanding is that just like there were Sikh warriors, so were the Jats throughout the history? Therefore, I wouldn't necessarily argue about the subtle differences in Khatri vs. Kshatrya.

Thanks for the clarification though...

rajeshsindhu
March 9th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Ya, you are right. Khatri in Punjab are not Jats, though they are involved in agricultural activities.

Suraj Gill (Mar 06, 2002 04:47 p.m.):
Khushwant Singh is not a Jat, infact he is a khashatry, whom the sikhs refer to as a Bhapa.

ranjitjat
March 9th, 2002, 04:49 PM
sujata ji great you have very good knowledge of history &jats you can write better than kkkkkkkkk---------------------------
jats are ancent warriors &from 4 varana of vedic aryan system bharamin. kshtraya. vaisha,and sudra.
kings & warriors were kshtrayas .there were many jatkingdom before rajput & muslim.king tahir of sind was a jat so was Harasvardhan& Pirthviraj chohan a Lakada chohan gotra jat.
some jats gone to rajput sangh others stay in jats sangh thats why many jats gotra in rajputs. some jats were converted to ISLAM& SIKHISM. sikh jats have same gotra s as we hindu jats like gill, grewal.puniya. rana, malik etc panjabi Khatris are not jat. Nepali khatris are Kshtrayas&warriors like jats

cheers

sainiboy
December 19th, 2005, 12:14 PM
In Sikhism's holy scripture Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Khatri word has been used for kshatriya.

Bhai Gurdas who was great Sikh scholar explains about Khatris. Guru Gobind Singh was also Khatri of Sodhi clan.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=B&PageNo=&ShabadID=5722&Format=2

Many khatris (Khatris in Punjab) belong to twelve and many to fifty-two clans.
Many among them are called pavadhe, pachadhia, phalian, khokharain.
Many are chaurotari and many serin have passed away.
Many were universal kings in the forms of incarnation (of God).
Many are known as belonging to sun and moon dynasties.
Many religious persons like the god of dharma and thinkers on dharma and then many caring for none have been.
The real khatris is he who gives charitably, wears arms and remembers God with loving devotion.

Important point to consider is that "Khatri" is Khastriya as per Sikh scriptures. Also, check out information regarding Khatris at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjabi_Khatri

Bhapa is a slur which has been used by rural Sikhs for city Sikhs. You can read more on it at http://www.sikhreview.org/february1996/sociology.htm