March 14th, 2002, 12:53 PM
1) Dupattas

http://www.gurgaonharyana.com/socialsector.htm

2 SOme history

http://www.bethany.com/profiles/clusters/8083.html

saurabhsaharan
March 14th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Sandeep Bhai Ram Ram,

The second web link that you provided is not about the History of Jats, but an article published by a Chrisitian Missionary organization whose aim is to convert all people to Christianity. This article describes what they need to do to convert Jats to christianity.

Ye saale sochte hain ke Jaat christian bann ke churchon me jaana shuru karr denge. Khaas taur pe aakhri 2 paragraph padh ke toh sabbki hassi chhutegi.

I mean read this line from this article:
"Pray that Christian doctors, nurses, and humanitarian aid workers will have opportunities to share the love of Jesus with the Jats. "

Re baawlon Jaat kaunse Jesus ke pyaar ke bhuke baithe hain. Aisaa naa ho ke Jaaton ko isaai banaan ke chakkar me, susre isaai hi naa Jaat bann jaayen. :)

Saurabh Saharan

rajeshsindhu
March 15th, 2002, 09:00 AM
The present non-moslem Jats are the ones whom even the Aurangjeb(the moslem ruler who used most brutal forces to convert non-moslems to moslem) could not convert. These missionaries are knocking at the wrong door.
As Saurabh said, kahin aisaa naa ho ke wo sab jat ban jaayen!!(but on the other hand, how can a non-Jat be ever become a Jat? Jats are born Jats.)

cheers!
-Rajesh Sindhu

sandeepbalyan
March 15th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Hi friends I wrote this as a history ..
as my friends some of jats ..wer really forcefully converted to muslims at the time ..of muslim rule in INDIA..and ...I wrote it as a history as this is now never ever possible in future..and present ..scenerio..

regards
sandeep

rajeshsindhu
March 16th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Folks,
Looks like all of us are missing one point: Jats are Jats, irrespective of which religious faith is followed by them, as long as they cultivate the Jat's unique attributes. Lets not forget the historical fact that Jats are one layer above religion.