PDA

View Full Version : Any JAT working in IT???????

skpunia
July 30th, 2002, 06:17 AM
JOB

yvsgaawar
July 30th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Hi Surender,
Give me a call at 1-800-477-5347 X 8582. I would be glad to discuss this or any other topic with you.

Thanks,

rsdalal
July 30th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Good Idea, I am in Philadelphia.
215-241-2890(work)

justadorethem
July 30th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Hi Surender,
This is really interesting, yes the market is down, though to introduce with, I am new to this industry, with only 1 yr experience , working with Hughes Software Systems, gurgaon India, it seems, most of us in the list are much more experienced , but still i will try to come up with what I have to the best of my awareness globe.

skpunia
July 31st, 2002, 12:20 AM

skpunia
July 31st, 2002, 12:21 AM
job

skpunia
July 31st, 2002, 12:21 AM
job

saurabhsaharan
July 31st, 2002, 01:08 AM
Hi Surendra, Yagyavir, Ranvir and Sachin!!!

I am working in California in the CRM field (Customer Relationship Management). Specifically I work in Siebel applications.

Sachin: Is Hughes hiring?

Saurabh

yvsgaawar
July 31st, 2002, 02:53 AM
Hi Surendra,
I used to work/live in NJ/NY/CT, until they transferred me from White Planes(NY) to here Detroit(MI). I have been working with Visual Basic 4.0/5.0/6.0 and SQL Server/ORACLE, ASP/SQL Server and .NET/SQL Server 2000.
Data Warehousing is a pretty stable tool, did you ever worked with Cognos, if so and would like to try your luck, you can apply in Daimler Chrysler(Auburn Hills MI). I heard they are hiring COGNOS Experts.

justadorethem
July 31st, 2002, 12:55 PM
Surendra Punia (Jul 30, 2002 02:50 p.m.):
Hi Sachin,

Got some guys working in IT. It's really a good news.

Sachin, It's really great that you got a break in a very good company. A friend of mine is also working with this company. He supposed to be on a very high post. He had Green Card and worked in United States for 8-9 years and moved last year to India.

So, What's your skill set. I mean, in what application/tools are you working at Huges?

About me, I also working in IT having 10 years of experience. I do work in Data warehousing.

Regards,

Surendra

Hi Surendra,
Since this is my first job, i havent for a long time on any particular technology, till now i have been able to become comfortable with C, C++ as languages on UNIX , solaris platforms.
In the meantime i also dealt with database,VC++, Java ,j2EE architechture , IE cache management. But i m not too proficient in these fields, since i worked for a short while ,
Moreover for last 4 months i have been involved with the Spaceway Network , technology,i guess you might have heard this name , since Now hughes will use this network to aid DirecPC , its previous product that it launched some time back.
Is there any opportunity in US for IT engineers? Is your friend presently in Hughes Software Systems?
well its very interesting to be in touch with experienced guys like you.
thanks,
sachin

justadorethem
July 31st, 2002, 12:57 PM
Saurabh Saharan (Jul 30, 2002 03:38 p.m.):
Hi Surendra, Yagyavir, Ranvir and Sachin!!!

I am working in California in the CRM field (Customer Relationship Management). Specifically I work in Siebel applications.

Sachin: Is Hughes hiring?

Saurabh

Hi Saurabh,
No at the moment , Hughes is not hiring anybody, Hughes is affected very much by the downtrend in telecom field, as it used to deal mainly with telecom projects. I guess it wont hire for next 2-3 months , but if it does , i will surely inform you of that.

rsdalal
July 31st, 2002, 06:17 PM
Surendra Punia (Jul 30, 2002 02:51 p.m.):
YagyaVir and Ranvir,

May I know, What's your skill sets?

Regards,

Surendra
Surender,
I have about 11 years of IT exp in application software(Boring area). Worked in C, C++, Power builder, and currently working in J2EE, XML, VisualAge, websphere, Oracle etc. Through my own consulting company I am working for BlueCross healthcare insurance in Philadelphia. Surprisingly they keep hiring even in this time of economy downturn.

ajaynehra
August 1st, 2002, 08:55 PM
Hi.........All Great JATS

GrEaT... to see all these many JATS alltogether on net. I feel proud whenever I come to know any JAT. This is realy nice. I am also a software professional working with MNC, India. I have more than 3-4 years experience in Networking and software. Although I have found very few JATS in IT as I was only Jat in my batch in BTech in college.

Although there were many in school b'coz it was JAT School, Anyway saare JAT bhaio ...pl. stay in touch and it is a good place for all of us to share our ideas and share opportunities among us. If someday , I am able to become something at some height , I will bring all capable(although all JATS are capable of doing anythig) JATS at the TOP of the world.

Now I have come to know this site and ..there is going to add many IT JATs(and non IT JATS as well) to this GrEaT JATLAND site.
Can I know that JAT , who has put his sincere efforts to develop this portal. Eventhough it was always an idea in mind , but couldn't find time to do that , Anyway someone has done it. I will be very very Happy if I come to know the names of the originator JATS of this Site and where are those all.

<< eeb thodi si haryanvi mah baat karan ka jii sa karah sah.. but I am not sure that many JATS are from HAryana , so some may not be able to understand>>

OK all GREAT JATS......................

{{{a request .... pl. always write JAT in capital letters i.e. JAT)

Thanks and Best Regards to JATS

AJAY NEHRA (desiJAT)

sandeepbalyan
August 2nd, 2002, 03:26 PM
Hi
Iam also working in IT since last four years
did my BE in electronis and workign as senior software engineer at Mian bank agency abroad ..
if i can help u any way just drop a mail..on my
hotmail..account i can place CV to recruting agencies here ..
best of luck
regds
sandeep balyan

justadorethem
August 2nd, 2002, 04:20 PM
Hi Sandeep,
Thanks for the kind support.
I will certainly send u my CV whenever i will like troubling you :-). From where did u complete your B.E.?
Otherwise , generally not many of the JATs are seen around , so it feels good if some JAT come across. I welcome Ajay Nehra , a close friend of mine, on his dhamakedaar entry in the group.
best regds,
sachin

bharti
August 11th, 2002, 04:21 PM
hello desiJAT
nice emotional outburst .
yes , we all should be proud to be JATS .
am proud to see all u guys in IT sector .

bhai Ajay, jai thodi si haryanvi mah baat karan ka jii sa karah tha tai karni chahiye thi......... koi tai samajh leta.

JATNI

rajeshsindhu
August 11th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Hi Bretherns!
Hope i'm not too late!
I have around 6-7 Yrs of IT experince, most of it in Cisco Systems Inc, California, USA, working in MultiService Switching Business Unit, after doing my B.Tech(Computer Sc.) from IIT Roorkee.
My skill set involves networking/telecom domain; to break my experience further:
From Language perspective: its in C, C++, assembly etc
From OS perspective: its in RTOS(VxWorks) primarily real time embedded systems.
From technology perspective: its in ATM, Frame Relay, MPLS, IP etc
From networking perspective: Its layer 2 plateform development and layer 3 protocols development.

Please don't hesitate to contact if anyone ever need to.

Also, i have an idea: Lets compile our IT profiles and make one central location for it. It will be useful for all our upcoming Jat bretherns in finding right pointers for their career.

-rajesh