PDA

View Full Version : Participation on JatLand!!!

saurabhsaharan
August 13th, 2002, 04:23 AM
I was doing nothing as usual in the office today and was going through the members list of jatland. Some interesting results about the participation on JatLand:

Total members: 546
Members who never posted anything: 403
Members with more than 5 posts: 70
Members with more than 20 posts: 33
Members with more than 50 posts: 16

There's really not a lot of people who are actively participating. It looks like a big deal when one looks at the number of posts and the flow but its just some 15-20 people who post things.

Some thoughts?

proudjat
August 13th, 2002, 11:17 AM
That's good research. The Admin deptt. must make some efforts for visits of the members not active so far. May be a letter to generate to all the member to genrate more interest and everyone must visit atleast twice a month.

What do you say ???

dkumar
August 13th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Good Work Saurabh!

I do agree with seema for her views on participation except making compulsion of visiting twice in a month. By this way we may keep intact the numbers but the interest wont be there!

Therefore, I would suggest to have certain online activities which would in turn naturally attract all of members alongwith a bi-monthly or monthly newsletters to keep all members posted about happenings on and off site!

The activities and contents for Newsletter may be decided with consent from all family members especially senior ones!

Hope this may do the trick!

ranjitjat
August 13th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Dear Saurabh, Seema ji and Dhanesh
Very nice thought and good research.There must be some rules for all members to follow.
There must be a body like management commettee to guide and apply the rules.Now it is free to all any body come a write abcd.
We know only 20 or so members are active.
The news letter idea is a good one.But most of our members are chat line members not jat line.
If we start membership fee only 10 people will join this is main drawback of jats.We hope and pray that new genaration will be better.
With west wishes to all jatland members

rsdalal
August 13th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Saurabh Bhai,
Thanks for the effort. That is great that you did the timely effort of compiling this information.
Idea of newsletter is great, which can have some summary information for the past month.
I think Sandeep Baliyan suggested this before, but did not get any positive response from others.
Thanks
...Ranvir

saurabhsaharan
August 14th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Thanks to all of you who responded!!

I agree that the newsletter idea is good and Nitin did send out a newsletter recently. Hopefully things will pick up soon. Its encouraging to see that new memers are joining every day, but somewhat discouraging that only a handful post things. If people do not post, then I feel the goal of the site (i.e., better communication among fellow Jats) is somewhat defeated. Part of the blame also lies on active members. When someone new to the site posts something, the active members (sorry to say but myself included) jumps on the person like hungry sharks :) . This would certainly discourage the new member. I can give many examples but most recent ones that come to mind are Duhan and Baniwal. I feel that the new joinees should be encouraged in the beginning. Just a thought....

Also I agree with Dharmpal Ji that the idea of a membership fee at this stage might prove detrimental. IMHO, the site is not yet ready for that....But most definitely the burden of maintaining the site should not rest solely on Nitin and few others who have contributed. I believe most active members would pay voluntarily, but lets keep the site Free for the time being....

I feel that the best way to promote the site is through word of mouth. I came to know about this site from my dear friend Bijender Singh Sangwan (bhai kadde kadde tu bhi kuch likh diya kar, ya nandita beti ne tera computer bhi bath tub me gerr diyaa :) ). If all active members can spread how good this site is among their friends and family, then that would really boost up participation.

Saharan

ranjitjat
August 15th, 2002, 12:08 AM
Ranbir, Saurabh bhae
Yah copy paste ka mantar hamko bhi samjado. likhaty 2 hath mae drad ho gaya.
Ranbir bhae 2-4 page maeri book-France to Kargil ky bhi copy paste kardy site per ya mujhy batla dy. e mail ka bhi utar nahi diya karda naraj ho gaya.
with beat wishes

saurabhsaharan
August 15th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Dharmpal Ji!!

Copy Paste toh aap karrr sakte ho, parr jo cheej copy karni se wo pahlyaa se hi kisi aur ne internet pe post kaar raakhi honi chaahiye, jise muje Hanuman Chaleesa paa gayi!!

Rahi aapki kitaab ke kuch panno ki baat, toh aap un panno ko scan kar ke computer me daal sakte ho ar uske baad iss site pe post karr do! Parr scanned panne "image files" honge, shayad Nitin kuch madad karr sake...

rsdalal
August 15th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Dharmpal ji Ram-Ram,
Asee to koyee bat nahi se, Aap te Naraj ho ke kit jawnge. Rahi bat Book ke page scan karne kee, I can do it, not a problem. Let me know which pages you want me to scan. In case you have the book on separate papers it will be much easier. We can use OCR software which can output as text file for editing purpose. If you have scanner and want to do it yourself, I am always ready to help you.
Please let me know.
Ram-Ram

ranjitjat
August 15th, 2002, 06:21 PM
DEAR RANBIR & SAURABH BHAE
Thank you for u help and advice.
I will come back to u on this topic.
GREETINGS ON INDEPENDENCE DAY.

RAMRAM

raj2rif
August 28th, 2002, 09:10 AM
It is quite revealing. Well if we really want to do justice to this facility, then we must send information to the community. I would say, that most important is what is posted and not how much is posted. I think our seniors would like to take some time out and post us their life time experiences for our benefit. The younger generation needs to let us know the latest in their field of expertise.