PDA

View Full Version : KITCHEN TIPS I KNOW WORK FOR SURE...

urmiladuhan
November 15th, 2002, 03:35 AM
The following have been tried personally:

1.If planning on having/serving nimbu-paani/juice with ice cubes in it- instead of water ice cubes try using nimbu paani/juice ice cubes. That way the drink will taste the same to the last drop even if ice cube melts!

2. Want to save time making pakora... deep fry them half way and keep them aside at an earlier time. When ready to serve/eat, frying second time will take fraction of time! Saves time when having guests.

Here is a recipe that i think is unusual:
instead of dipping gulab jamuns in sugar syrup... dip them in thin custard (vanilla). Refrigerate (not freeze) for 24 hours before serving.

vichitra
November 15th, 2002, 10:14 AM
thanks urmila ji...
good tips...
tina

amarsirohi
November 15th, 2002, 05:25 PM
being a self confessed kitchen buff (purely ouut of need) i will surely try these out...

urmiladuhan
November 15th, 2002, 11:32 PM
Amar Sirohi (Nov 15, 2002 06:55 a.m.):

being a self confessed kitchen buff (purely ouut of need) i will surely try these out...

Any advice/tips from your experience? Hope

the above tips work out for you too.

ritu
June 15th, 2006, 10:24 PM
very nice tips especially that gulab jamun one.

The following have been tried personally:

1.If planning on having/serving nimbu-paani/juice with ice cubes in it- instead of water ice cubes try using nimbu paani/juice ice cubes. That way the drink will taste the same to the last drop even if ice cube melts!

2. Want to save time making pakora... deep fry them half way and keep them aside at an earlier time. When ready to serve/eat, frying second time will take fraction of time! Saves time when having guests.

Here is a recipe that i think is unusual:
instead of dipping gulab jamuns in sugar syrup... dip them in thin custard (vanilla). Refrigerate (not freeze) for 24 hours before serving.

lalit_nashier
June 15th, 2006, 11:33 PM
मुहँ म पानी त ला िदया .;) ;) :p :p ........ खवा भी दोगे के ??????????:D :D ;) ;) .........

cheers.............................