PDA

View Full Version : Is,t it amazing that British monarchy is not

urmiladuhan
November 18th, 2002, 04:07 AM
the richest monarchy inspite of ruling over almost half of the world for so many centuries!! Netherland monarchy is the richest- mostly because of trade.

sanjaychhikara
November 18th, 2002, 02:44 PM
yes i agree with you that the Dutch monarchy is the richest in the world, thats because they where very smart a century ago to buy many stocks in various international duch companies for example Shell. They own more then 10% of the stocks, and the stocks are worth more then 5 billoin Euros, and they receive only from shell more the 200-300 milion euros a year for divident. There are many such eamples why they are richer.

Jats at number one!!!!!!!

urmiladuhan
November 19th, 2002, 12:00 AM
Probably the British were/are only good at crooked ways when it comes to acquiring wealth!! I heard it from someone that Kohinoor was presented to the Queen by Ranjit Singh's son (I may be wrong regarding the name) who was kept in the custody of missionaries (supposedly for brain washing).
Living arrangements were made for him in England while he was a teenager. He decided to present the diamond to the majesty as a gift- and that's how Kohinoor went out of India. The diamond now tagged 'priceless'.
The son was not even an adult when under the influence of Britishers he made this decision!

ranjitjat
November 19th, 2002, 04:13 AM
This is true story.
The name of Maharaja Ranjit singh son was Maharaja- Dalipsingh. The Kohinoor is now in 2 pieces- half in Tower Of London & Half in queen crown jewels- TAJ.