PDA

View Full Version : JAT AUR GOLF

singhkapoor
November 18th, 2002, 09:04 AM
DEAR JAT BHAI AUR BAHANO

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT THIS SILLY GAME (??????) OF GOLF, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT IT IS "THE GAME OF THE FUTURE", SO IT IS NOT A BAD IDEA TO INITIATE YOUR KIDS (EVEN YOURSELF) IN THIS GAME.

I HAD A GOLF MANAGEMENT DEGREE FROM A SCHOOL IN USA BEFORE COMING BACK TO CIVIL ENGINEERING. BUT I M HOOKED ON TO THIS GAME.

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN FORMING A CORE GROUP (JAT GOLFERS) GIVE ME A BUZZ.

THANX

KAPOOR SINGH

rajendersingh
November 18th, 2002, 05:18 PM
dear kapoor ,now i am prety sure you will induce me to golf. i have been avoiding it for long.i am staying just next to a mini golf course in gurgaon.yesterday mr c p gehlout was there at my place and we discussed about you.

sanjeev_khokher
November 18th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Hi Kapoor,

I do stay in Noida.....have some free time..... so pls tell me someting abt this.....

ranjitjat
November 18th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Dear Kapoor Singh great idea.
We have 10 acres farmhouse near horse centre in Lexington Kentucky. We are thinking to make a MINI GOLF COURSE for our grandchildren. please give me some lessons on golf . How to set a Mini Golf course on flat land ???
With best wishes
Uncle Dudee.

shokeen123
November 18th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Kapoor Bhai:

I love golf, especially watching Tiger's birdies and eagles! He is simply a superb Golfer!

Sure, that's a good sport to invest in!

Sujata

singhkapoor
November 19th, 2002, 06:18 AM
DEAR RAJENDER

DO YOU LIVE CLOSE TO HUDA GOLF COURSE (MINI) IN GURGAON ....THE ONE ON JAIPUR HIGHWAY???

THAT IS NOT A BAD PLACE TO START......AT LEAST A COUPLE OF VISITS WILL BE NICE TO GET YOURSELF INTRODUCED TO THE GAME.

AND WHAT THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN WAITING FOR? YOU SAID YOU HAVE BEEN IN FAUJ.

ANYWAY, GO TO THIS GOLF COURSE AND TAKE THE FIRST STEP.

JOHN VOLZ, THE DIRECTOR OF GOLF AT THE CLASSIC GOLF RESORT (ALSO CALLED THE ITC GOLF COURSE.....A JACK NICKLAUS DESIGN...20KM FROM GURGAON) IS A FRIEND OF MINE. I WILL INTRODUCE YOU TO HIM ONCE YOU HAVE DECIDED TO PURSUE THIS WONDERFUL GAME.

I WORKED WITH JOHN FOR ABOUT A YEAR.

BYE. C YA SOON ON A GOLF COURSE.

KAPOOR SINGH

Rajender Singh (Nov 18, 2002 06:48 a.m.):
dear kapoor ,now i am prety sure you will induce me to golf. i have been avoiding it for long.i am staying just next to a mini golf course in gurgaon.yesterday mr c p gehlout was there at my place and we discussed about you.

singhkapoor
November 19th, 2002, 06:27 AM
DEAR SANJEEV

GOOD TO KNOW THAT MORE AND MORE JATS ARE GETTING INTERESTED IN GOLF.

NOIDA HAS MORE THAN A COUPLE OF NICE COURSES. YOU MAY WANT TO VISIT THE ONE CLOSEST TO YOU. I KNOW COL. BHATTACHARYA, DHRUVPAL SINGH AND LOHIYA AT THE JAYPEE GREENS (A GREG NORMAN DESIGN). COL. BHATTA IS THE BOSS THERE. THEY R ALL MEMBERS OF THE GOLF OPERATIONS TEAM. GO AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF.....I THINK THEY HAVE MEMBERSHIP OPEN AT PRESENT.
COL., ALTHOUGH A FAUJI DIMAG...IS A NICE GUY. I CAN CALL HIM .....IF U WANT. LET ME KNOW BEFORE YOU VISIT THE PLACE.

MAKE A VISIT TO THE COURSE, I M SURE YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE.

HAPPY GOLFING

KAPOOR SINGH

Sanjeev Khokhar (Nov 18, 2002 07:01 a.m.):
Hi Kapoor,

I do stay in Noida.....have some free time..... so pls tell me someting abt this.....

singhkapoor
November 19th, 2002, 06:50 AM
DEAR DUDEE SAHAB

YOU HAVE GOTTEN ME A LITTLE BIT CONFUSEDE ABOUT YOUR LOCATION. YOUR PROFILE SHOWS U R BASED IN UK BUT THERE IS A PLACE IN KUNTUCKY (USA) BY THE SAME NAME....LEXINGTON. MOREOVER I COULD NOT FIND A PHONE # IN YOUR PROFILE.

SEND ME A MAIL AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DISCUSS THE PROJECT. ALTHOUGH I M NOT A PROFESSIONAL DESIGNER BUT I M SURE WE CAN DO A NICE JOB WITH THIS ......HOME PRODUCTION.

I HAD A FEW "GOLF COURSE DESIGN" COURSES/SUBJECTS WHEN I ATTENDED THIS GOLF SCHOOL. ALSO I WAS THE VALEDICTORIAN STUDENT AT THIS SCHOOL WITH PERFECT SCORE OF 4.0/4.0 IN ALL SEMESTERS. IB NYU NA KAHIYO KE JAAT NE NAKL MAARI HOGI YA MASTER TAHI RISHWAT DI HOGI. HAHAHA.

POORA HANGA LAA DENGE BALAKAN TAHI YO CHHOTA SA GOLF COURSE BANAN ME. DO CHAAR UNCHE NEECHE TEELE E TO BANANE HAIN, KUN SAA RAAM JI KA INTERVIEW LENA SE. HAHAHAHA

SEND ME YOUR PHONE (kapoorsingh@yahoo.com) AND WE WILL DISCUSS IT. if you r based in UK then we will have to make adjustments for time difference. I m on the east coast of US (close to New York), ie "eastern" US time applies.

kapoor singh

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Nov 18, 2002 07:07 a.m.):
Dear Kapoor Singh great idea.
We have 10 acres farmhouse near horse centre in Lexington Kentucky. We are thinking to make a MINI GOLF COURSE for our grandchildren. please give me some lessons on golf . How to set a Mini Golf course on flat land ???
With best wishes
Uncle Dudee.

singhkapoor
November 19th, 2002, 07:05 AM
SUJATA BAHAN JI

JEE RAAJI HO GYA, YU SUN KE KI JAAT TO JAAT JAATNI BHI GOLF KO FOLLOW KARTI HAIN. DO NOT THINK THAT I M A MALE CHAUVINIST OR AM BEING GENDER BIASED . BUS WISHWAS SA E NAA HUA.

YUP.....TIGER IS TIGER. HE IS ON A DIFFERENT PLANET. HE IS A PHENOMENON. ALTHOUGH I M A FAN OF VIJAY SINGH'S WORK ETHIC AND PHIL'S CREATIVITY AND APPROACH TO THE GAME .......CAN'T STOP ADMIRING MY HERO.....TIGER.

ONE THING THAT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD IS THAT HE IS HALF ASIAN. (for some jatland members who may not know that....his mother is from Thailand.)

SUJATA JI, WISHING YOU A LOT OF BIRDIES

KAPOOR SINGH

Sujata (Nov 18, 2002 09:51 a.m.):
Kapoor Bhai:

I love golf, especially watching Tiger's birdies and eagles! He is simply a superb Golfer!

Sure, that's a good sport to invest in!

Sujata

shokeen123
November 19th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Kapoor Bhai:

What impresses me most about him is his humble beginning. At the heart of Tiger Woods' accomplishments is the special bond he shares with his father, mentor and first goal coach, Earl Woods, who was himself raised by his sister after losing both of his parents by the age of 13.

Watching Tiger play is like having a front row seat at a musical! Sometimes its a nail biting experience, but the tell tale signs (that he will pull through with a 6 shot lead) keep you glued to the TV. I have never heard the sports comentators marvel at a player with such adoration and intensity. Actually, I dont watch any golf championships where Tiger is not playing! So yes, Tiger is from another planet!

When he lost The Players Championship to Hal Sutten (2000) I didn't watch the TV for 2 days. That particular game was very painful to watch. But then next year he won 3 majors in a row...

Tiger is a force to reckon with!

:-)

singhkapoor
November 20th, 2002, 04:29 AM
SUJATA JI

U REALLY R IN TO GOLF. I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT HIS FATHER'S STORY. THANX FOR THE INFORMATION.

ALTHOUGH I KNOW THAT TIGER WAS BROUGHT UP WITH TRADITIONAL/ASIAN VALUES. AND HE THANX HIS MOM FOR THAT. HE STILL MAKES HIS OWN BED BEFORE LEAVING A HOTEL ROOM.......HOW MANY MULTI-MILLIONAIRES WOULD DO THAT?

I M NOT SAYING THAT ONE HAS TO DO IT (ISN'T THE ROOM SERVICE GUY GETTING PAID FOR IT?) BUT IT IS OUT OF HABIT. ON THE OTHER END OF THE SPECTRUM...IS PRINCE CHARLES, WHO NEEDS A SERVANT TO SQUEEZE PASTE ON HIS TOOTHBRUSH. WHICH EVEN THE QUEEN MOM FINDS DISGUSTING.

THANX AGAIN.

KAPOOR SINGH

Sujata (Nov 18, 2002 10:24 p.m.):
Kapoor Bhai:

What impresses me most about him is his humble beginning. At the heart of Tiger Woods' accomplishments is the special bond he shares with his father, mentor and first goal coach, Earl Woods, who was himself raised by his sister after losing both of his parents by the age of 13.

Watching Tiger play is like having a front row seat at a musical! Sometimes its a nail biting experience, but the tell tale signs (that he will pull through with a 6 shot lead) keep you glued to the TV. I have never heard the sports comentators marvel at a player with such adoration and intensity. Actually, I dont watch any golf championships where Tiger is not playing! So yes, Tiger is from another planet!

When he lost The Players Championship to Hal Sutten (2000) I didn't watch the TV for 2 days. That particular game was very painful to watch. But then next year he won 3 majors in a row...

Tiger is a force to reckon with!

:-)

shokeen123
November 20th, 2002, 05:27 AM
"HE STILL MAKES HIS OWN BED BEFORE LEAVING A HOTEL ROOM.......HOW MANY MULTI-MILLIONAIRES WOULD DO THAT?"

Kapoor bhai no two schools of thoughts on that! His work and moral ethics are unparalleled, even the Brits love him! On top of all that he is so mild mannered and has the most radiant smile on his face! He is involved in a lot of community activities too, I believe Tiger Woods Foundation where he grooms disadvantaged black kids?

You got that right, I am into golf big time!

Sujata

ranjitjat
November 20th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Dear Kapoor singh
Thank you for your help
We are among the few International Jat families who have base in India - Uk - USA.
My sons DR Jitander - Satyander & Narender are in Kentucky. We were in US from march to june this year. Mostly people know Our address & phone no. I am already getting call all night that why i took off phone- number from profile.
Sujata is my sister- she used to phone me daily in Kentucky. We are grateful to her.& other friends in USA . Some of your old AJA members also know our family.
I am author of Indian Army book- Jat history
France to Kargil. That information is also on Jatland.

Bhai Kapoor- Sujata ny Golf ka fan tao hona hi tha- AAkhir Bahin bhi tao Dudee ki hh.
Abhi naraj hh - Dewali ki greetings ka jabab bhi nahi diya. per koe bat na.
Kapoor-App Golf course bana do- Sabhi Bhai - Bahino ko bulakar Raji kar laengy.
I will email you phone-number & details
To know more about Dudees try website
www.medicalvisiongroup.com

shokeen123
November 21st, 2002, 09:20 PM
Dudee Bhai:

It is such an honor to be known as your sister. How can I afford to ever forget you? You are such a generous and kind-hearted soul, always looking for everyone's best! I always read your posts. I am looking forward to meeting you in India in December, that is, your health permitting. Remember aapke Bhanjey (my sister’s son) ka byah is coming close?

Dudee bhai there were many reasons for my silence but the superceding cause was "aapke ati kathin math tests!” Mai suin mathematically challenged! Munne baki sub sujects mai distinction milya karti, or hisab (math) mai anda gol (0)!" Therefore, I let the mathematicians on the board (like Saurabh, and Satayeshwar etc.) take the challenge!

But this time when you visit US, I will make sure that you visit US! I may be silent but never far from your heart. I will write more through personal email. Please say hello to Bhabi.

Your sister,

Sujata

singhkapoor
November 24th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Dudee Chacha Ji

I got your mail, but the phone number you have provided, doesn't seem to be correct......no one picks up, there is not even an answering machine. was there a typo........or you r already tired of this (over enthusiastic ?) BHATIJA.......hahahaha. I m just kidding.

You can call me @1 609 705 5018. Our time difference is 5 hours.

talk to you soon.

kapoor singh

rameshlakra
November 24th, 2002, 07:03 PM
hi all
after listening to all of ur advice on golf & then the sentimental stuff between the brother dudee kaka( i suppose or is it our very own adjective tau fitting here ,please do let me know dudee ji) & sister sujata ji , i felt its high time to try this game too. although i have been practicing for a month or two in the US club (colaba ) practice range .i learned that the game is not that easy as i had thought it to be nothing but shamer's version of hockey. but what i learned is that the game & swings needs to be perfectd before u get on to playing and we jats being natural sportsman can really do well in this sports . the game is on the high in india too .
now that i am hooked on to the game i am working hard & hope to see the results soon .
contrary to the popular misconception that it s a" buudhya ka khel se "this game needs to be picked up when one is young. signing off
wish me patience to carry on with the practice

ranjitjat
November 25th, 2002, 01:46 AM
Dear Ramesh
Dudee & Subhachand Sheoran ji
Jatland ky bhi uncles han aur Navy ky bhi.
Colaba mae- jato ki boat race bhi jit chukay han- Navy ka Regatta. INS MYSORE- Flag ship ki Team mae ham rah chukay han. abhi bhai- tum Kaka kaho ya tau.
We are the old Jat sailers. but never grow old.
Once the sailer is always a sailer.
Cheers.

ranjitjat
November 25th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Dear Kapoor singh
It is great pleasure to chat with you on phone.
Now you know phone is working and number was also right.
Cheers
Talk to you soon on Golf.

singhkapoor
November 26th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Ramesh Ji

yo khel to chulai ke laadu ki tarah hai. Jab tahi na sikho ge tab tahin oon dukhi rahoge.

jab seekh jaoge to oon dukhi rahoge.....kyunki ye decide nahin kar paoge ki khana banaun ki golf khel ke aaon.

kyunki bibi to kab ki divorce de chuki hogi.

Good luck.

kapoor singh

ranjitjat
November 26th, 2002, 11:26 PM
Sujata Bahinji- Ramram
" I may be silent but never far from your heart "
I respect your feelings.Dear sister.
Dudee ki sister hi itany mahan- baddi baat kah sakati hh
God bless you happiness.

rameshlakra
November 27th, 2002, 09:18 PM
ram ram tau dudee ur kapoor ji aapko bhi ram arm ke saath dhanyawad for the great piece of advise. dudee ji aap to pher mahaare pardada hoge , aapne te ghane eh ghaata( jhordda ) ka pani pee rakhya se. it would be very nice to see such a rare versatile jat.do inform me if when u r here .
kapoor ji divorce kee manee chinta karen ki jaroote konya , ku ki me bachelor eh suu . te mein chulaei ke ladoo kha saku suu.
signing out