PDA

View Full Version : Why dont Jats use the chat?

sanjaychhikara
November 18th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Ram ram,

I was wondering why most of the poeple (Jats) who visit this site, dont use the chatbox to communicate with each other. Every time i check the chatbox there is no one i it. Are some of u not interested in chatting with each other?

Sanjay Chhikara
Jats at number one!!!!!!

proudjat
November 18th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Even I Couldn't understand that ! I have tried so many times but never find anyone there....

dkumar
November 18th, 2002, 02:45 PM
I also endorse the views of both of you as I have also tried lot many times with NO success.

I dont understand why the facility is not utilized by us?

sanjaychhikara
November 18th, 2002, 02:47 PM
i hope we can come to a solution with this discussion to utilize the chat, because we can benefit from it.

sanjeev_khokher
November 18th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Dear All....

Try login after 10.30 IST.....you can find some of JATs online in chat box....good luck

ranjitjat
November 18th, 2002, 11:59 PM
Dear all
I been there few times to cheers up. To say RAMRAM JATLAND.
Frist day they welcome me.
2nd time ignored me
Now they disappeared as soon as they see my name with out saying RAMRAM.
So i am not going any more. I like to chat on any subject. I have good chat with Sanjya & Mahinder from India. If any one wish to talk on any topic feel free to mail me.

biotechs2001
November 19th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Bhai Sanjay,
Baat mai tai teri mai dum sai. per ek tai yo Eupore ar US wala ke tem mai 6 -7 Ghanto ka fark hogya.
errr meri baat ka bura to Bhaiyo maniyo mut per sachi baat yah bhee sai ki;
yeh US wala na Apna Micro-Society bhee bana rkhya sai.... Agar koi Bhai log in kaare bhee to uste baat karne mai interest koi leta konya...sirf haal-chaal punchhne ke...

jaatni
November 19th, 2002, 06:57 PM
hi there
yaar i have been to the chat coloumn many a times n i met nice people there
but generally u find them at around after 10 at night.
n yes i even suggested the editor to start jaatland;s own messenger.....like we have our yahoo n all so that people can communicate online and instantly with people of their choice......
but i don know whether this is feasible or not n if it is then why is iot not being implemented
anyway lets see what happens
thanks
simran
jaatni malik

anurag
November 20th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Hi,
First thing first: I am regular visitor to the chat room and it is active. We utilize it pretty much. The thing is that the activity happens only between 12 noon - 3 pm (central time of US). During other times of the day the room is pretty much empty. And i agree that chat room should be a lively place all the times. And to make this happen, people from other time zones have to take the initiative and keep the room alive when the US janta is at work or sleeping

Ar bhai KK tannai tai katie dil tod diya. Kaal tai accha khaasa batlaan laag rahya tha. er aadhe ulhana den laag rahya sai.

Ya there is one more problem that i see out there: sometimes people log-in as guest and donot get involved in the conversation. I will encourage everybody to log-in with their names so that we know whom we are talking to. A good idea is to enter the room and introduce yourself, and be proactive in joining the conversation. And I joined the people in the chat room in a similar fashion and it is effective. I have noticed that sometimes people just log-in and don't talk. Nobody can force anybody in joining the conversation.

Simran i don't think that a yahoo like messenger is a possibility with the software that we have for jatland. If i am not wrong, i remember from one of those early days posts of Nitin about the software. Costs will be an issue in upgrading the website software to that level. And because our jatland is a free service, providing so much functionality might not be feasible. I might not be accurate here but this is the way I assess the situation.

In the closing note: I hope more and more people will begin making the chat room lively.

-Anurag

sanjaychhikara
November 20th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Bhau anurag,

thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! i think the time difference is the main problem to chat with others on jatland.com.

I dont know if its possible, can every one who signs in in Jatland.com automatticly sign in the chatbox, for the period he is loggod on on jatland?

parul
November 20th, 2002, 06:02 PM
I doubt this is be possible..
well like in my place if i am using the genuine proxy settings cache will deny the access.
parul

rsdalal
November 20th, 2002, 07:41 PM
I have been to chat for few times and found many people from India/US/Germany etc.
Had no problem.
Er KK yaar tere te te achhi baat chit hoyee thee yaar. Pher bhee bhai tu US ala ne kyun dhon lag raha se. Ha Ha Ha....
Good idea to login in chat automatically, if possible...

biotechs2001
November 20th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Dear Anurag & Ranvir,
Ofcourse I enjoyed chatting with u guys. but it not happens frequently.. that u find gentle people to chat...
see the opinion of Mr. Dharmpal Dudee... I am 100% agree with him. that people generally says hi hello and ignore.
but ofcourse there rae many other things also included like time difference, person like me login and then lost in other things.
Anyway I wish people will enjoy more chatting.

ndahiya
November 21st, 2002, 11:00 PM
Hi!

As for the chat, it is busy at particular times... you could just try yr luck then... even then, its usually 2-5 people chatting, but usually junta is quite friendly, me thinks. :)

We can activate ICQ if many people use it... using another instant messenger might be more problematic... Do many of us use ICQ?

Regards
Nitin

sanjaychhikara
November 21st, 2002, 11:05 PM
Hi nitin,

its great if icq is possible, and i think the most of us already use icq or they knowhow to use it.

with regards