PDA

View Full Version : Jat Population!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

biotechs2001
November 27th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Does somebody knows;

"Approxymately how much is the Hindu Jat population"????????

ranjitjat
November 27th, 2002, 06:48 PM
About 3 karors- 30 millions
3% of Indian Population.
Cheers.

dkumar
November 27th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Initiative has taken on this issue by Mr. Ajit Singh in UP as evident from link: http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2001/07/25/stories/1425225d.htm

Let's hope it would be done at national level and that would let us know near exact nos...

sudheer166
November 27th, 2002, 08:56 PM
according to some magzines the population of jats in UP is 1.6%, in haryana 27%, in rajasthan
around 15%.
it should be around 2% for india.

urmiladuhan
November 27th, 2002, 10:56 PM
sudheer panwar (Nov 27, 2002 10:26 a.m.):

according to some magzines the population of jats in UP is 1.6%, in haryana 27%, in rajasthan

around 15%.

THIS IS A LOW NUMBER IF ACCURATE!!

rsdalal
November 28th, 2002, 12:05 AM
Heared from Somewhere
Hindu JATS 35 Mil
Sikh JATS 25 Mil
Muslim JATS 30 Mil

sudheer166
November 28th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Urmila (Nov 27, 2002 12:26 p.m.):

sudheer panwar (Nov 27, 2002 10:26 a.m.):

around 15%.

THIS IS A LOW NUMBER IF ACCURATE!!

sudheer166
November 28th, 2002, 10:02 PM
yaaah it is shockking. but i am pretty sure about this.

my suggestion for this is :

educated and well off jats should have more childern.
any taker of my idea?????????????

sanjaychhikara
November 28th, 2002, 10:10 PM
No bhaisaab,

I think that people in India should control the birth control, even jats!

And if there are children born among jats usually there are boys, we will then have a bigger problem in marrying then as a few articles on jatland suggests.

urmiladuhan
November 28th, 2002, 10:16 PM
sudheer panwar (Nov 28, 2002 11:32 a.m.):

yaaah it is shockking. but i am pretty sure about this.

my suggestion for this is :

educated and well off jats should have more childern.

any taker of my idea?????????????

OR THEY SHOULD ADOPT JAT CHILDREN FROM POOR FAMILIES AND GIVE THEM OPPORTUNITIES FOR GOOD EDUCATION, RIGHT ATTITUDE ETC.

akdalal
November 29th, 2002, 03:38 PM
The jats of Haryana, Delhi, UP (west) and Rajasthan constitutes nearly 1.5% of Indian population ( about 17.5 million). This figure does not include sikh and muslim jats.

Really a very low figure. This is as per 2001 cencus ( as per one of my friend who has worked on this project)

shokeen123
November 29th, 2002, 07:37 PM
yaaah it is shockking. but i am pretty sure about this. my suggestion for this is:
Educated and well off jats should have more childern. Any taker of my idea?????????????

Yaaaah, right! It is one hell of a way to "make the bad situation worse!"

Family planning and reproductive health are highly sensitive and individual choices. We have no right to impose our own ideas on a large subpopulation. Educated Jats know what's best for their future. Are we concerned here with merely increasing the Jat population or making the life of a few existing Jats of better quality?

Why don't we come up with some stats (data) on illiteracy and unemplyment figures among Jat youth before adding fuel to the fire? We can romanticize all we want about changing the Jat status quo, but for heaven's sake by not creating unrealistic sentiments!

Urmila's point of adopting impoverished Jat children merits accolade, unfortunately, such complex decisions (with the present attitude), are not yet very appealing to the Jat mind.

And what about the "not-so-well-off" and "uneducated Jats"...er children of lesser Gods? Don't they deserve any place in our discussion here?

Let us talk about illiteracy, gender ineqality, economical innovations, and employment opportunities rather than being in denial about them!

sanjaychhikara
November 29th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Bua ji,

Good points u have maid, I totally agree with you.

Family planning is like you said an individual choice; we should not make that decision for others.

I would also like that employmency among jats would be discussed here; I think that’s far more important.
Every time I visit India, I see many jats (male) playing card with bidi in their hands and consuming alcohol. When you ask them what do u do, they say nothing, kaam chal ra se!

sudheer166
November 30th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Sujata (Nov 29, 2002 09:07 a.m.):

yaaah it is shockking. but i am pretty sure about this. my suggestion for this is:
Educated and well off jats should have more childern. Any taker of my idea?????????????

Yaaaah, right! It is one hell of a way to "make the bad situation worse!"

Family planning and reproductive health are highly sensitive and individual choices. We have no right to impose our own ideas on a large subpopulation. Educated Jats know what's best for their future. Are we concerned here with merely increasing the Jat population or making the life of a few existing Jats of better quality?

Why don't we come up with some stats (data) on illiteracy and unemplyment figures among Jat youth before adding fuel to the fire? We can romanticize all we want about changing the Jat status quo, but for heaven's sake by not creating unrealistic sentiments!

Urmila's point of adopting impoverished Jat children merits accolade, unfortunately, such complex decisions (with the present attitude), are not yet very appealing to the Jat mind.

And what about the "not-so-well-off" and "uneducated Jats"...er children of lesser Gods? Don't they deserve any place in our discussion here?

Let us talk about illiteracy, gender ineqality, economical innovations, and employment opportunities rather than being in denial about them!

i think it is better for me to take my suggestion back.urmila's suggestion is very good but little bit difficult to implement considering the mentality of indian.
problem with jats is that they are not ambitious.if they are conductor in a bus or constable in police.majority of them never aim
high and discourage those who otherwise aim...
if we educated jats acheives high positions in society than it will at least encourage those who are on edge.